losing hope with no dht blocker.

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

losing hope with no dht blocker.

Post by cuebreeze » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:35 pm

So im about to completely quit fin now and am gettin a bit worried about what my hairloss is gonna do in the future. I am on lasers, vitamin c topical and a few other things. I stopped shedding but my scalp is allways really dry. So im thinking now i may need some of this dht as ive read dht is actually needed for hair growth also.

So basically im after any stories off people who dont use fin or dht blockers and still have sucsess

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster

Re: losing hope with no dht blocker.

Post by cuebreeze » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:40 pm

I guess what im saying is that maybe surface dht may have to be removed???

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hapyman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 pm

I am currently on no DHT blockers and things are still looking positive. I even stopped Super Zix II awhile back because I think the alcohol was getting to me. Currently Lasers, IH Regiment, Pauling Protocol, clay masks about two times a week and some random aloe or oils here and there.

Almost forgot to mention that I will probably be adding a topical blocker in the future to see if it can maximize my results. Topical PM looks interesting.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:01 pm

I'll say it again... I do seem to hear from people that the best laser results seem to be without using much else. I really don't know too many people that I regularly communicate with that are even using propecia, though, but the ones that do just seem to have a higher incidence of less results than the rest of us.

I'm just reporting it like I see it. I really do want all of us to freaking just cut the marketing BS and find what WORKS THE BEST!

Obviously propecia has results, and in some cases great if you believe random pictures from whatever studies are out there... but you sometimes just can't ignore what people are saying about it . As some of you saw in a moment of "weakness" (meaning wanting to still do everything out there just because I want to have hair like a Jonas Brother), I was considering trying propecia again at 1/4th dosages, but I just can't get it out of my mind that maybe the success of propecia is more of an "initial response" to it, and maybe not only does it taper off, but it's somehow effecting laser success -or, like you are implying, it's affecting something else that may have a positive effect on hair. Look, I know one thing... "propecia success" is a lot different than "laser success". I don't know anyone who's hair gets FULL, VIBRANT, and SHINY like it was when you were a lot younger when you are having success with propecia. From what I've seen, it's just more of the same lame MPB hair.

Yeah, I may be COMPLETELY talking out of my ass here in that last paragraph -I fully admit that, but I'm just speaking outloud with what I hear all the time and what I've seen over the years.

Oh, off topic... isn't it funny that the higher-powered laser shill at the old site really endorses propecia, but always goes out of the way to say that "lasers aren't a miracle treatment". lol... No, that just means that maybe YOUR device and/or YOUR usage of propecia makes it not a "miracle treatment". I've always wanted to type that but I never had the opportunity! Hahaha!!!

...And before anyone busts my balls for saying "miracle treatment", I feel free to call it that because after over a decade of personal FAILURE with everything in the book, I don't know what other word to use except "miracle", so I stand by it for my case. I plan to really spell that out in a video, by the way, so that should end the people going "IT'S NOT A MIRACLE BLAH BLAH BLAH", and the end of having to explain myself about that.

Anyway, back to the point, what I actually would like to see is people like you that have had laser success actually GO BACK ON propecia so we can see what happens! I just don't know... I don't give a darn HOW we get the best results possible... I just want us to have the best damn results possible!!! For the record, though, I -John Christian- am afraid to go back on propecia, even at a reduced dosage, because I'm afraid that it may lead to worse results. I don't have any sort of agenda against that product (unlike minox), and if I didn't have such strong feelings that it might actually make a negative impact then I wouldn't have a problem trying it. My feelings could be wrong, and I fully admit it and I'd LOVE to have something else that enhances results, but there you go...
Last edited by OverMachoGrande on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:05 pm

hapyman im thinking about starting super zix 2 along with my laser helmet and IH regime. wut other topical dht blocker are u thinking of using? is there a product like super zix with a better delivery than alch?

zixcreator
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Zix

Post by zixcreator » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:54 pm

Remember we got results with zix long before anyone used alcohol in it. You can also reduce the amount of alcohol in sper zix II. Remember though alcohol in and of itself has shown in at least one study to have a weak hair regrowing benefit. We can also adjust the drying effect of alcohol by adding more "Hair Muck" because that contains some oils.

That's what's nice about making your own topical. You can tailor it to your particular scalp condition.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 am

zixcreator wrote:Remember we got results with zix long before anyone used alcohol in it. You can also reduce the amount of alcohol in sper zix II. Remember though alcohol in and of itself has shown in at least one study to have a weak hair regrowing benefit. We can also adjust the drying effect of alcohol by adding more "Hair Muck" because that contains some oils.

That's what's nice about making your own topical. You can tailor it to your particular scalp condition.
...Also using 1 to 10 extra drops of polysorbate 80 -something EVERYONE should have somewhere under their sink- can radically affect drying/greasiness. I've found below about three or 4 drops is a little drying, 5 is pretty good, and over about 10 is too greasy for me!

It's a great topical, and I really think that if we could get it tested somehow we'd find that it increases the anagen phase of hair loss -which would explain why some of us radically shed less while using it.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 am

cuebreeze wrote:So im about to completely quit fin now and am gettin a bit worried about what my hairloss is gonna do in the future. I am on lasers, vitamin c topical and a few other things. I stopped shedding but my scalp is allways really dry. So im thinking now i may need some of this dht as ive read dht is actually needed for hair growth also.

So basically im after any stories off people who dont use fin or dht blockers and still have sucsess

Epilobium reduces DHT and Estradiol.

Regards
Pete

Raxe
Occasional Poster

Post by Raxe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 am

Where does one get that pete?

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster

Post by cuebreeze » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 pm

what is zix and where do u get it?

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Raxe wrote:Where does one get that pete?

I will make a post on it over the weekemd - watch this space :)

Regards
Pete

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 am

zix , super zix, and super zix 2 are topicals, invented by zix creator, who posts on regrowth.com and here.

he sells ingrediants for it, and tells u how to make it here.

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_4.htm

if ur worried about dropping finasteride, then u should replace it with natural dht blockers like beta sitosterol and nettle etc. theres heaps of them, or block itfurther back in the pathway with curcummin and reservatol, like 'the natural', and 'immortal hair' do. dropping finasteride will make u shed , i dont think theres any way round it, but it is doing the right thing in my opinion. the side effects experienced by many is proof that its the wrong thing to do. people that say finasteride is healthy cos it stops benign prostatic enlargement etc, are just trying to justify it to themselves cos they like the hair regrowth so much.

i dont know anything about these supplements, but im sure if u ask them, they will tell u about them.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:17 am

hey zix,

how should I apply super zix on laser days?

zixcreator
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Zix

Post by zixcreator » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:05 am

HI 1.

You should apply zix after you're done lasering. You want as clean a scalp as possible for your laser treatments. The only exceptions would be something like emu oil which some believe enhances the benefits of lasering.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:45 pm

1..... wrote:hapyman im thinking about starting super zix 2 along with my laser helmet and IH regime. wut other topical dht blocker are u thinking of using? is there a product like super zix with a better delivery than alch?
I am all set for the Primordial Performance trial. Just waiting for it to start. Also I wouldn't mind trying Pueraria Muerifica as a topical. The original PM topical you have to order from Thailand I believe but it may be worth it.
zixcreator wrote:Remember we got results with zix long before anyone used alcohol in it. You can also reduce the amount of alcohol in sper zix II. Remember though alcohol in and of itself has shown in at least one study to have a weak hair regrowing benefit. We can also adjust the drying effect of alcohol by adding more "Hair Muck" because that contains some oils.

True. I was still trying to think of ways I could utilize the Muck just haven't gotten around to it yet.

CPIO
Regular Poster

Post by CPIO » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:11 am

Epilobium, that is the small willow-herb, pretty good stuff for prostate problems but it does not
work well for hair. Flaxseed or spruce lignans are far superior, they have a beneficial impact on all
the androgen enzymes not just dht. Blocking too much dht will cause a poor
quality of hair. Topical, tea tree oil that stuff is the best in my book so far.

lemoncelo
Occasional Poster

Post by lemoncelo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:47 pm

If you are worried about the DHT blocker drugs, you should start with some low level herbal dht blockers? Saw palmetto, nettle?