Tb4 question.....

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Tricia
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Tb4 question.....

Post by Tricia » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:25 pm

Lees Pharm is projecting a 2005 launch date for their hair growth product (Tb4 in gel form). I read about this in some other hair loss forums. I wondered if anybody heard about this.

http://www.leespharm.com

The product would be sold in Hong Kong. But, the chatter has already moved from Tb4 to PS1. What's the deal? Is Tb4 not that great?
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:44 pm

Hmmm....

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Lees Pharm

Post by Tricia » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:42 am

I sent an email to Lees Pharm to ask them what they mean by a 2005 launch date. I wanted to know if that's when they will start selling it in Hong Kong or if that's when they begin the approval process. I think, I understand from the response that the 2005 launch date is the beginning of the approval process. It's probably a lot shorter time to get things approved in China. Tb4 is making quite a buzz in another forums for wrinkles and scar reduction. A lot of people are interested in its potential application.

Here's the response I got from Lees Pharm. If they start selling it in Hong Kong, I'm sure there would be ways to buy it.

Dear Tricia,

Thank you for your enquiry for our hair growth product. This product is in a gel form for topical use containing "Peptide Thymosin Beta 4". Timeline for developing this product is estimated about 2-3 years. The Group is expected to file the registration in our region and launch the product on market in late 2005. However, to ensure the launch date, we have to see if the clinical trial process is going smoothly and more importantly that depends on its clinical result conducted in China.

Any latest news about the development of our products will be updated at our company website. You are also welcome to write to us should you have any queries.

Vivian Fung
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:18 pm

TB4 still looks very promising to me. Although I think being able to use things such as PS1 as well would be even better.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Tb4 question.....

Post by Jacob » Mon May 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Well? :-k

I got kind of excited after finding this: http://rejuviance.com/HairRegrowth.html

Then I came across this in another forum:
Topically applied TB4 reportedly enhances hair growth in rats and mice and stimulates early differentiation of rat vibrissae epithelial progenitor cells (Philp et al., 2004), whereas it is unknown whether TB4 impacts on human hair growth. Therefore, we wished to clarify in the current study whether human scalp HFs express any TPs, and whether selected TPs exert measurable effects on human scalp HFs in organ culture (Kloepper et al., 2010).

This hypothesis was tested in serum-free human HF organ culture (Supplementary Information S2 online). We first studied whether thymosin alpha 1, a peptide comprising amino acids 2–29 of PTMA, (Supplementary Information S1 online), TYL, and TB4 modulate hair shaft production (i.e., the hair shaft elongation rate) in vitro. Cultivation of HFs with 10 pg ml−1 TYL for 7 days in three independent experiments from three different human donors resulted in an increased hair shaft growth rate compared with vehicle-treated HFs (Figure 2a). In contrast, hair shaft elongation rates of HFs treated with 100 or 1,000 ng ml−1 thymosin alpha 1 for 7 days were slightly lower than those of control HFs (Figure 2a). In TB4-treated HFs, hair shaft production was 10–20% lower than in the vehicle control (Figure 2a and Supplementary Figure S1 online).

Next, we studied by quantitative hair cycle histomorphometry (Kloepper et al., 2010) whether the tested TPs had an effect on the transformation of anagen VI HFs into the regression stage of the hair cycle (catagen). This transformation is the clinically most relevant parameter one can study in HF organ culture, as any prolongation effect on anagen would be expected to correlate with a reduction of telogen effluvium in vivo (Cotsarelis and Millar, 2001; Paus and Foitzik, 2004; Kloepper et al., 2010). Moreover, the effect of each peptide on the hair cycle was further assessed by determining the hair cycle score in each treatment condition (Figure 2b and c; Supplementary Information S2 and Supplementary Figure S1b online).
These analyses showed that HFs treated with 10 pg ml−1 TYL for 7 and 9 days stayed longer in anagen VI than vehicle-treated controls (Figure 2b, Supplementary Figure S1b online). By two-tailed Student's t-test, these differences did not come up as significant in the 7-day treatment group where the effect of TYL 10 on the distribution of anagen vs. catagen had a P-value of 0.06. Hair cycle score analysis further indicated that treatment with TYL for 7 and 9 days inhibited the progression of HFs from anagen to catagen (Figure 2c, Supplementary Figure S1b online). This anagen-prolonging effect of TYL (which reached significance in the 9 day cultures) was independently corroborated by the demonstration that, compared with vehicle controls, treatment of HFs with 10 pg ml−1 TYL for 7 days increased the number of Ki67+ cells in the hair matrix of anagen VI HFs, whereas the number of TUNEL+ (i.e., apoptotic) cells was reduced (Figure 2d).
Despite its slight growth-inhibiting effect, treatment with 1,000 ng ml−1 thymosin alpha 1 for 7 days did not markedly change HF cycling in vitro in three independent experiments with HFs from three different patients (Figure 2d). Interestingly, there even was a stimulatory effect on hair matrix keratinocyte proliferation of anagen HFs (Supplementary Figure S2 online). Instead, treatment with 1,000 ng ml−1 TB4 for 7 days shortened the duration of anagen and prematurely induced catagen (Figure 2b and c), yet did not affect the number of Ki67+ hair matrix cells, if only anagen HFs were compared between test and control groups (Supplementary Figure S2 online).

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Mon May 02, 2016 6:40 pm

Good to see you back!!!

So the TB4 is no good? I was so hopeful about this

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon May 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks! Good to see you're still around too 8)

It doesn't look good- but I've asked that company to respond to it plus I've sent out emails to Lee's Pharm and Regenerx(patent holders/using TB4). There may just be some trick on how many days to use it etc.

Hard to tell if Lee's is still using it for hair loss. I guess it could be one or both of those in the "Dermatology" category here: http://www.leespharm.com/en/rnd-pipeline.php They used to have hair or alopecia listed though.