My Elsom Topicals Review

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: My Elsom Topicals Review

Post by perga » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:38 pm

@justthin: no new pics at the moment, I need a few months of solid recovery time from all these recent sheds before I post any new pics. I will say though, since I have started rerubbing this stuff in again, there is no doubt that hairs have sprouted up at the temples. My head as a whole is still a trainwreck, but I do see some incremental improvement.

@Joey: Here is my full regimen of late...

Shampoo: Rotate between the following: Elsom Micellerin Green, Nioxin System 2 shamp+cond, and Nizoral 2%
Topicals: Every Morning = Lamas Scalp Serum, Every Afternoon (without washing head): Super Zix II, Rotation at night (with washing head + rerubbing the topicals): Elsom Scalpxtreme, juveline, and nanoscalp.
Internals: about 0.6mg finasteride daily.

I have dropped the vitamins, as I believe they were giving me brain fog and headaches. I plan on reintroducing them one at a time to find out which was giving me the issue.

I have also stopped (at least temporarily) the laser helmet... I have finally come to the conclusion that it wasn't doing %&$!, and was taking way too much of my time.

Some comments... I stopped using Super Zix II for about 2 months. There is absolutely no doubt that the super zix is helping. If I fail to apply super zix in the afternoon, my head is ALWAYS itchy by night. One application of lamas is simply not enough to hold my head over for 12+ hours.

Also, I am not the biggest fan of the nioxin. I feel like the shampoo is overly harsh, and I plan on changing it to something else.

In any case, the regimen above has stabilized my recent shed, and given me sprouts along the hair line. I plan on continuing it for at least a couple months and see if I can't grow back some of this hair I just lost.

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Fri May 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Anyone else using Elsom topicals? If so, please provide updates. Still not sure if it actually works.. need a better idea. Thanks.

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:01 am

Updates Perga ?

Btw, are you a long time finasteride user, or did u start about the same time u started the Elsom protocol ?

Thanks !

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Well, I still think Elsom is helping, but at this point I can clearly say it is not going to give any significant regrowth for me. Also, I've been on Fin with dosage varying from 1mg down to .6mg and now back up to .72mg daily for almost 3 years.

I have come to the conclusion that if your hair wants to fall out, it is going to fall out (unless you chemically castrate yourself with high dosages of Fin, and even then, it doesn't work forever). There just really is no treatment available that is going to produce regrowth; short term stabilization, sure, but in the long run, you're toast anyways.

We need new treatments!

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:40 pm

"I have come to the conclusion that if your hair wants to fall out, it is going to fall out (unless you chemically castrate yourself with high dosages of Fin, and even then, it doesn't work forever). There just really is no treatment available that is going to produce regrowth; short term stabilization, sure, but in the long run, you're toast anyways.

We need new treatments!"

Depending at what stage your loss is its should be easy to slow hairloss.

Interms of regrowing hair on a bald patch - I dont think we are that far away from a half decent solution.

Thanks
Pete

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:55 am

U could try using a topical corticosteroid every other day for a few weeks to see if regrowth occurs.

Still.. If you have managed to stop or slow down your hairloss to the degree that you only lose a little each year I say that is great. Then a hairtransplant to cover up a bald spot and live happily for the next 10 years.

Tried Terminal 1+2 ?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Perga..that is why I try new treatments..not the same old things that have been around for some time. Some of those posted here I'd love to stick in my rotation eventually. Sooner if they'd just become available! Why some would suggest something like Revivogen or even some goofy internal regimen that hasn't done much for anybody... :shock: Unless they're used with some of these new things I'm referring to(although again..why bother if they've been tried for so long). The same could be said for some of Elsom's topicals..use 'em with other things or use a # of theirs. At least they do keep coming out with new things.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:37 am

Last edited by Pete2 on Thu May 05, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Jacob

Is there any chance we can get some more input from Dr Y on how Terminal 1 and 2 topicals work ?

Thanks

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:21 am

any improvements with T1 and T2 ?

Dr Y coming out any new topicals?

If Dr Y can optimise both t1 and t2 I would get it...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:42 pm

He's gone until August- can't even order anything although it says on the website if you're a former customer you can email and see what they can do [-(

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:18 pm

im assuming he will be back in sept?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:28 am

You would think so. Hopefully he's ok 8)

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:17 pm

im amazed Dr Y hasnt created a super topical containing the best ingredients from all his topicals in one solution

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:42 pm

I think he was asked this but the response was something about- you can only get so much in the amount you put on your head. So in other words he doesn't skimp on the ingreds/actives 8)

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:22 am

Do you think dr Y is back ?

I think to date he still has the most advanced formula in terminal but just not optimised!