Nanogen sh-VEGF growth factor serum

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Pete2
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Pete2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Came across this natural growth factor serum :

http://www.nanogen.co.uk/serum-vegf-hai ... actor.html
Last edited by Pete2 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: Plant derived sh-VEGF growth factor serum

Post by Alex Summers » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:48 am

It doesn't look like it's being sold to the U.S. It's too bad since it looks like an interesting product.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:35 am

You can purchase this product at www.nanogenhair.com for people outside the U.K.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:57 am

IF anyone knows what the actual VEGF compex comntaimns ..shout..

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Hello Pete2,

I know you mentioned using the Nanogen growth factor serum in a Peter Lamas post discussion, can you tell me if you are using the serum and for how long and what results you are getting?

Also, are you using the Scalproller?

Cheers,
Natasha26

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:23 pm

I found this article about the Nanogen serum and Pete2 also made mentioned of it.

£30 serum goes on sale to beat baldness

24th June 2011Print Email Share

http://www.easier.com/91309-serum-beat-baldness.html

A new serum has gone on sale which experts believe could make hair transplants a thing of the past.

Nanogen's Serum VEGF: Growth Factor Solution contains the protein VEGF which promotes blood vessel growth in skin. Experts have shown that increasing the size of blood vessels in the scalp could be a solution for hair loss, as scientific studies have suggested that people with hair loss may have fewer blood vessels.

Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) discovered that by increasing the level of VEGF in mice, hair grew thicker and faster. The mouse hair follicles were individually bigger and collectively increased the total volume of hair by 70 per cent.

British scientists at Nanogen in London - one of the world's leading hair research organisations - have now developed the first growth factor complex (sh-VEGF) to stimulate hair follicle growth on human scalps.

Nanogen's Serum VEGF: Growth Factor Solution is available at Boots.com and is designed to improve hair growth and even re-awaken dormant hair follicles.

Elliot Isaacs, medical director and founder of Nanogen, comments: "It's taken our research team many years to reach this stage. We're really excited that we're able to bring this breakthrough product to hair loss sufferers."

Experts are heralding this advancement as the long-awaited 'next step' in hair regeneration and retention. Unlike previous breakthroughs, the complex is designed to be as effective on women as it is on men and is subject to an international patent protection.

Bill Mercer, founder of Stophairlossnow.co.uk - Europe's largest online hair loss community - comments: "The British team at Nanogen has made a true breakthrough with the development of its growth factor complex. The principles behind a growth factor treatment for hair loss are solid. This just proves that the British hair loss industry is at the cutting edge of treatment development and patient education."

Dr Craig Ziering, medical director of Ziering Medical - one of the world's leading hair restoration practices - adds: "The development of this technology comes at an incredibly exciting time in the hair loss industry. The ways in which certain growth factors could potentially combat hair loss have been well documented. With Nanogen, we have a product that will let us explore those benefits. Should it live up to expectations, this innovation could help treat millions of hair loss sufferers across the globe."

Growth factors occur naturally in the body and are the messages it sends to follicles telling hair to grow, stop growing or to fall out. Until now, scientists have struggled to harness their potential for men and women suffering from hair loss, as it is not permitted to use growth factors derived from human cells.

In a revolutionary move, Nanogen created a complex of synthetic human growth factors using plants. These new growth factors have recently been approved for use in the EU.

Nanogen now includes the hair growth factor complex in all of its topical products - from shampoos and conditioners, to its Serum VEGF.

John Yossarian
Regular Poster

Post by John Yossarian » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:53 pm

This seems like an interesting product, but is it safe to use? Has anyone else tried it?

My profile name used to be Alex Summers, but for some reason I can't access it. I just wanted to point this out so people don't think I'm a shill.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Retrieving your password doesn't work? I have to re-log in each time..Sam is working on fixing that..so maybe there's something else he needs to be aware of.

On your question..I would assume it'd be safer than "regular" VEGF...if there would even be a problem with that.

The article Natasha posted...it starts out with "A new serum has gone on sale which experts believe could make hair transplants a thing of the past." That kind of talk turns me off...

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:31 am

Hi everyone,

Jacob, the article kind of contradicts what Nanogen market for their Scalproller which is encouraged for helping heal donors scars. So yes I agree it is way off line in stating that but the rest of the content is very interesting. I am really interested in this product and would like reviews of other members experience if they have used the serum.

Cheers,
Natasha

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Pete2 are you there?

Would really be interested in your feedback on the nanogen growth factor serum.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:26 am

hi

I havent tried it - it look good on paper though but its

Invati lotion by aveda which has caught my eyes recently.

:)

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:07 am

Hello everyone,

I would like to uodate about my hair loss treatment. I have been using the Nanogen plant-derived growth factor serum, the scalproller 0.3mm and the intervention for women supplements from Nanogen for almost 1 month and a half and it's really working for me. I was really interested and curious to know how well the plant growth factor serum wouldf work and I am thrilled so far with the result. I don't have miraculous hair growth all of a sudden or a omplete halt to my hair loss but I can see lots of new hair regrowth and my hair loss is back to normal.

I am really motivated with the result so far and will continue the Nanogen complete regimen to see what the result will be.

The ingredients of the serum and the hair supplement are very innovative and interesting and that is why I want to continue this regimen for at least nine months to see what the results look like. So far, I love how my hair is doing, I have regrowth which can only be attributed to Nanogen as I am currently only doing this hair loss treatment. I will stick to it and report my progress on the Nanogen Serum VEGF along with the scalproller and hair supplement.

The scalproller is an interesting experience fr me as it is the first time Im using that and it really helps the serum to penetrate in my scalp. I know that because the serum tingles after using the scalproller compared to not using it.

The ingredients of the Nanogen Serum VEGF are: aqua, glycerin, ciclopirox olamine, transgenic barley sh-polypeptide-9, hydrolyzed lupine extract, beta-glucan, superoxide dismutase, niacinamide, hordeum vulgare seed extract, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, tocopherol, maris sal, calcium chloride, tromethamine, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, CI 19140, CI 14700, benzoic acid and sodium benzoate.

INGREDIENTS FOR NANOGEN INTERVENTION FOR WOMEN are: Marine Cartilage, Cysteine, Pycnogenol ,Pantothenic Acid, Curcumin Extract, Resveratrol ,Horsetail Extract, Iron, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6 P5P, Caffeine, MSM, Biotin, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium

I am really loving this and I hope it continues to bring good result.

Cheers,
Natasha

ukmale
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Finateride (Finpecia) - 1mg every morning
Nizoral - EOD
Natural shampoos and conditioner - EOD

Post by ukmale » Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 am

Hey Natasha,
I've also been using this product for a month, you've been a bit more consistent with it's application thatn i have, as i've only used my dermaroller once or twice a week, but in the past few days i've been using it every night.

Are you dermarolling before or after application? I started off rolling before but now doing it after. I should just do it before and after :/

I haven't seen results as of yet. I've done a similar thread over on another forum to keep track of it's progress via pics.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:00 am

Hi ukmake,
I am using the scalproller before application of the serum to help the serum penetrate which is the recommended way to do it.

Nanogen advise to use the Scalproller only once a day preferably at night which I do.

I just switched from 0.3mm to 0.5mm and I really like the way it gives my scalp a workout especially the frontal area where topical solution is hard to penetrate, I really emphasise in that area.

I am really excited about what results I can achieve with the VEGT plant growth factor combined with the scalproller so I will keep using to see more noticeable results still in terms of hair growth.

I will do before and after picture of my hair progress possbly next month.

Cheers,
Natasha

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:00 am

Hi everyone,

I have now completed roughly three months treatment with Nanogen and so far it is very promising. I have lots of new regrowth which can be seen at the front.

I had a period of stress which made my hair fall but it is getting back to normal again. I am using the scalproller consistently every night followed by the serum and the vitamins, and I like the results so far.

I am aiming at regrowing some thin patches on my scalp and I put more emphasis there when I do my scalproller. The 0.5mm is effective in stimulating the scalp.

I will update on my progress every month.

Natasha

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Hello everyone, I want to update on my progress with the Nanogen plant-derived growth factor serum.

I don't want to cry victory just yet but it seems upon closer look at my hair everyday, that I have a head full of new regrowth and I mean everywhere on my scalp not just the front. I am on my fourth months of scalproler and serum application as well as the supplements.

But, I have to use other hair loss treatment on top of that to prevent hair loss because this serum is more geared towards new regrowth and I still lose hair. So, I think this is the best hair growth natural treatmernt out there but to prevent hair loss, I still use phyto, Valmont and Bioclin. Couple with other anti hair loss treatment, this serum should really kick start some serious hair regrowth which I am counting on.

I really feel hope after such a long time; I see hair growing all over and I don't feel as if I am going nowhere with my treatments anymore.

Very satisfied with the Nanogen serum and hoping to regrow my thinning hair to healthy head of hair but it is going to be an uphill struggle.

Cheers,
Natasha

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:02 am

Hi Pete2, I am no longer using the Nanogen. I am now using other treatment as shown in my other posts.

I think the Nanogen did good for my hair though.

Cheers
Natasha

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:05 am

I have used this product for an exceptional amount of time and can honestly say that it did absolutely nothing, I could have applied water to my head via dropper and achieved the same results, their shipping is fast though but I guess since they are taking a boat load of your money for an ineffective product then you'd expect some sort of positivity from it and for me it was in the shipping. If I ever need snake oil delivered at speed then I'll know where to go.

I'd personally like to see some conclusive independent research which can back up their laughable false claims.

Yes I am being blunt but I am not one to sugar coat it, you can put icing on a turd but it doesn't make it a cake.
I am sorry people but it is time to put this product to bed.

I'd also like to mention that I am not a fan of their shampoo either, I'd say their hair fibres are probably their best product but that is not saying much.

I also used a scalproller in conjunction with this placebo product.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi Fizzball,

I didn't like the Nanogen shampoo as well but the serum was very effective on my hair but when I took a break from the Nanogen, I lost huge amounts of hair.

I experienced reduce hair loss a new regrowth. I also used the Nanogen hair supplement and liked it.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:35 am

Given the results I cannot whole heartedly recommend this to anyone, I'd also like to remind people that this is not cheap and could become a costly mistake both physically and financially.
I am not doubting you Natasha26, perhaps this works best with females but for me personally its a big thumbs down.

Given that they compared themselves to Minox I'll have to draw my own conclusions upon trials of minox but I have no doubt that it will yield vastly better result than this serum.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:05 am

Hi Fizzball,

Yes they do compare their results to Minoxidil but the front part of my hair where I have a big hole with the most thinning, Nanogen did nothing to regrow that part.

I want to try minoxidil to regrow my frontal hair back but I am afraid of the side effects given that I use as much as possible, organic, plant extracts and essential oils to treat my hair loss. I am also using castor oil currently.

I will post my experience with the castor oil treatment after a month or so.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:23 am

Nanogen did nothing for my hairline or my crown, it may have even made things worse because I definitely never seen an improvement over the 5-6months of usage.

Honestly as bad as this sounds minox is probably 1 of the only proven products to work, I have bit the bullet and ordered Foligain f5 foam although I have not tried it yet I have pumped some of it on my hand to test its consistency and can honestly say that I am disappointed, it is not a foam it is more like spit, it smells like alcohol/acid and dissolves like it to after it fizzes in your hand it turns into a clear fluid within seconds which makes it very difficult to apply. Call me stupid but I was expecting something light and fluffy like hair moose but this stuff is rubbish. I wonder if anyone else has had any similar experiences.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:43 am

The products can complement Minoxidil as their products state.

I have a feeling that their next line of hairgrowth products will be really good :)

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:16 am

Ive just come across this site which has nanogens Growth factor products which are triple the strength of the original serum:

http://nanogen3x.com/the-3x-range/serum

http://www.skinlifeaesthetic.com/?page_id=659

I have just been informed that triple Nanogen has been DISCONTINUED

I
Last edited by Pete2 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Re: New Nanogen Triple strength sh-VEGF growth factor serum

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi Pete2,

That looks very exciting and promising.

I had great results in terms of completely stopping my hair loss and encouraging new regrowth with Nanogen.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Re: Nanogen sh-VEGF growth factor serum

Post by Pete2 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:00 am

Discontinued