Elsom question for Jacob

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

San-de
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Topically currently using Elsom terminals 1/2, emu oil, dermaheal, and lamas shampoo.
Internally I take selenium, green tea phytosomes, biotin, ashwagndha, GliSODin, Probiotics, ecklonia cava extract and IH top 6 (except for curcumin), and from time to time I have also taken Avodart.
I also eat a clean diet.

Elsom question for Jacob

Post by San-de » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 am

Hey Jacob seeing as your the resident expert on most of the elsom topicals I was curious if you have tried the six month renewal kit-- or heard any good things about it-- as I was thinking of giving it a go. Also if anyone else has tried it please feel free to respond.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Elsom question for Jacob

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:50 pm

San-de wrote:Hey Jacob seeing as your the resident expert on most of the elsom topicals I was curious if you have tried the six month renewal kit-- or heard any good things about it-- as I was thinking of giving it a go. Also if anyone else has tried it please feel free to respond.

I'm maybe the resident Elsom addict..but I'm no expert :D

I've never tried the kit..that came out when I was already using a # of their products and had used some of the others. I don't think I've come across anyone who is using it. Wish I could be of more help...

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Joey Ramone » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:34 am

I was looking at getting on this when I first looked at switching from xandrox to elsoms, think I even asked Jacob the same question. I'd suggest sending an email to Dr Yechiel with a bit of background info on your situation, for whatever reason I've forgotten now he suggested I get on the terminals instead and have been using them for the last 6 months.

Actually I was jumping on to let you know Jacob that they've just changed the formulation for the terminal 2. Goes on better now and has a much more pleasant smell to it. Much better than walking around smelling like gunpowder. I've got both ingredient lists if you're interested.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Yeah..I'd be interested in the ingreds, thanks. Some of their other products have different ingreds as well..guess they keep changing things. Hopefully for the better.

I didn't order the #2 because I have enough of the "old" one.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:17 am

Old one:

Ingredients: water, sodium ethanoate, jojoba oil [Simmondsia chinensis], ascorbyl palmitate, monolaurin, L-glutamine, L-taurine, ethyl creatine, L-glutamic acid, hexadecanol, L-arginine, ethyl pyruvate, L-glycine, optiphen ND, frankincense [Boswellia carteri], petitgrain [Citrus aurantium], xantham gum.

New one:

Ingredients: water, sodium ethanoate, dimethyl isosorbide (DMI), jojoba oil [Simmondsia chinensis], ascorbyl palmitate, monolaurin, L-glutamine, L-taurine, ethyl creatine, cetostearol, docosanol, L-arginine, ethyl arginine, ethyl pyruvate, L-glycine, L-glutamic acid, phenonip, frankincense [Boswellia carteri], petitgrain [Citrus aurantium], xantham gum.

All their punctation. Seems a lot has changed between the two. The new version is definitely better cosmetically and smells much more pleasant. Let's just hope it's also better at hair growth.

Is the old one the same as yours or is that a different incarnation as well?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks for posting that..and I'll get mine out tonight 8)

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Jacob

It would be great to get Dr Yechiel on the board to answer some questions as he has done another site. Topical wise there hasnt been much progress on the market except for the Terminal 1 & 2. It would interesting to know what Dr Y thinks the future holds for topicals.

Thanks
Pete

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:35 pm

I don't know what to get?!?! this is one of 3 other ones I wanna try

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:16 am

Pete..not sure where he's posting(recently), but he does have his own forum where one can ask questions, and he always responds to emails. I could ask him to come here again but my guess is the questions would be asked for a week and then it'd go dead again..there's only so many things one can ask I guess :-s

He's still in the Q&A section here: http://www.hairlossfight.com/hairloss_e ... xpert7.php

And Joey..I still need to get the Terminal 2 out to compare :x

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks Jacob

I think youve done really well with so many updates in the topical route.

I have my own ideas as to what what the buzz will be in the future ie "regeneration" - it would be neat for me and anyone else on the board to discuss them with someone whose in the field.

Regards
Pete

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Joey Ramone wrote:Old one:

Ingredients: water, sodium ethanoate, jojoba oil [Simmondsia chinensis], ascorbyl palmitate, monolaurin, L-glutamine, L-taurine, ethyl creatine, L-glutamic acid, hexadecanol, L-arginine, ethyl pyruvate, L-glycine, optiphen ND, frankincense [Boswellia carteri], petitgrain [Citrus aurantium], xantham gum.

New one:

Ingredients: water, sodium ethanoate, dimethyl isosorbide (DMI), jojoba oil [Simmondsia chinensis], ascorbyl palmitate, monolaurin, L-glutamine, L-taurine, ethyl creatine, cetostearol, docosanol, L-arginine, ethyl arginine, ethyl pyruvate, L-glycine, L-glutamic acid, phenonip, frankincense [Boswellia carteri], petitgrain [Citrus aurantium], xantham gum.

All their punctation. Seems a lot has changed between the two. The new version is definitely better cosmetically and smells much more pleasant. Let's just hope it's also better at hair growth.

Is the old one the same as yours or is that a different incarnation as well?

Finally got the bottle out. I have the old one you have listed above.