My Elsom Topicals Review

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

My Elsom Topicals Review

Post by perga » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:31 pm

I have just received and started my Elsom topicals, and I will update this thread as time goes on with reviews of said products.

So far I can say the following: I like the squirty cap that the little bottles have on them, it makes applying it very easy and consistent. The Shampoo (Micelleran Green) is very runny, almost surprisingly. I am not really used to the all natural shampoo though so that could be it.

Nanoscalp is greasy to the point that I will not be wearing it out of the house, so it is a night time only topical.

More to come.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: My Elsom Topicals Review

Post by Jacob » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:58 pm

I noticed this latest batch of the shampoo is runnier as well. I didn't keep the old bottle so I can't compare ingreds to see if something has changed. The new shampoo is nice and thick though.

NanoScalp was one of the few products from them(I'm including some custom ones here) that I could actually "wear" during the day. Like with all their topicals..I applied it to a damp- even wet scalp..spread it around good and massaged it in. But I suppose it can vary from person to person how it'll look..feel..etc.

Thanks for planning to keep us updated. 8)

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:57 pm

Update!

I take that back about the nanoscalp, if you wait until everything has dried completely it ends up looking like hair gel, and then if you just sort of give it a real easy rub it ends up looking fine (my hair is pretty short right now). Same goes for the juveline I just applied.

Let's hope it is already working it's magic, because my hair is falling out in #$%! handfuls.

-----

Off topic here but, I recently cut my hair shorter again, and I don't think A&G has produced any majorly significant changes. I have taken a picture, but I did NOT use the exact same number on the buzzer, so uploading it really won't be of much use; I suppose I will anyways. Also, eliminating revivogen from the hairline cold turkey was a horrible mistake.

I've restarted some of the vitamins I decided I "no longer needed." I'm also eating as healthy as possible again. I've also started doing cardio exercise.

I am getting close to just saying, "#$%! it" though. If Elsom doesn't do the trick, I'm throwing in the towel. I'll just work out a lot or something. Wish me luck dudes!

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Okay, so just for my own future reference...

Shampoo Rotation = Nizoral 2% + Micellerin Green + Nioxin System 2
Topical Rotation = ScalpXtreme, Juveline, Nanoscalp, Juveline, ScalpXtreme in the mornings... and Super Zix II at night (at least for a while, I would like to eliminate this eventually, but I learned my lesson with revivogen).
Vitamins = Multivitamin w/ Saw Palmetto, Tocotrieniols, Resveratrol, and considering taking Curcumin + Taurine..
rX = 0.72mg Finasteride daily.
Food = Vegetarian while trying to avoid sugary stuff.
Exercise = 20 minutes of cardio a day.
Other %&$! = Laser Helmet 3x a week.

So yeah. If my hair keeps falling out, there is no #$%! hope.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Can't wear scalpxtreme during the day, and this time I really mean it.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:27 pm

:lol:

Is it just me..or does it smell like gunpowder?

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:58 pm

Haha! It's true, it does.

They all seem to be a diarrhea like color/texture immediately out of the bottle too; it seems to disappear after your rub it in a bit though.

God I hope this works. I emailed Dr Y this question, but maybe you know the answer Jacob... is applying Super Zix II in the morning/night (whenever I don't apply an Elsom) safe for the Elsom topicals? I don't want to throw off the dynamic synergy or even destroy the absorbed nanosomes. I'm just nervous about quitting another topical cold turkey.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:42 pm

I would think it'd be fine..especially on the destroying the nanosomes part. But Dr. Y would be the person I'd listen to 8)

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 pm

In case anybody wanted to know about the Elsom+Super Zix II thing, Dr Y said it will not affect the dynamic synergy, but do NOT apply them together, and always wash you head before you apply the other one.

Also, if tingling and itchiness is a good sign (which according to Dr. AQ it is), then dear lord am I feeling some "good" stuff; my head was going berserk with tingling today. By the end of the day it actually was driving me mad.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:24 pm

How are things going perga? I know it's early but I am going to get the elsom stuff or hair by revitalash...just waiting to see who comes up with good results first.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:39 am

It goes.

Sadly, my hair has taken a drastic turn for the worse since the A&G debacle. Ninety days after I finished A&G, I shed continuously for an entire month. My scalp got all inflamed and irritated. I don't blame this on A&G (actually, I believe growth factors in a daily topical would probably see great results), but on all the stuff I stopped just prior to starting it.

As of now, the Elsom has considerably helped my scalp feel better, and the "bad" shedding subsided (though I now appear to be re-entering a "good" shed... #$%! hell). Also, there are little tiny hairs all along the hairline that sprouted, but I no longer get excited about these since nothing has ever made them longer than 3mm.

glaxom
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by glaxom » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:27 am

what were the treatments you stopped using to try the a&g hc perga ?

whoops , nevermind, i see all that you were using. i wonder what made the biggest impact? i stopped my minox-finasteride combo and i am suffering the absolute worst shed every, it's like 3yrs of sheds in 2months, even now after a month of starting back on them.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Cutting the vitamins had a bit of an overall negative effect, but the real killer was dropping revivogen (after like 12 months of nightly use)... A&G also provided initial benefits that all seemed to disappear at 3 months.

Those 3 things really #$%! me over. If I had to do it over again, I would slowly transition from Revivogen to Elsom topicals, I would not have used A&G, and I would have continued taking a few of the vitamins I have now restarted.

The only things I have changed in an effort to stem the tide of hair destruction is Elsom Topicals/Shampoo, these vitamins (Resveratrol, Tumeric, Vit-E Tocotrieniols, Multivit with Saw Palmetto in it), and I now use Nizoral 2% a couple times a week (available on amazon without a prescription from canada). The vitamins I was already on for a long while and I never saw significant recovery from them, so if I get anything back it will be from Elsom + Niz.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Also, I want to make clear that I am NOT promoting revivogen. I think it is a %&$! topical, and relative to the Elsom stuff I am using now, everything about it is more amateurish (from the packaging, to the applicator, to the bottling, to the topical feel itself).

Not that I'm suggesting Elsom WORKS better (though I HOPE it does), just that everything about it seems "nicer" so far.

glaxom
Regular Poster

Post by glaxom » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Alright thanks perga. I want to try some of that other stuff but i guess i'll wait till it cools off here some. Everything i order has to sit in my 140 degree mail box for 8hrs so that screws up a lot of ingredients....right now i have 2 heat compromised bottles of dermaheal . So i'll order in the fall, if i have any hair left ......haha

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Update.... Shedding is way down (finally), head feels good, little sprouts all along the hair line.

I have been doing a slightly different application method the past 3 days that I think has actually really helped; it is real basic, but I'll explain anyways...

Apply to damp head as normal, let it dry/absorb as much as possible.
Use your fingers + a spritzer to get your head wet again and work the product stuck in your hair onto the scalp.
Repeat a few times

Literally the day after I did this the first time, my head felt great... and 3 days later, my shedding is way down.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:05 pm

UPDATEeee...

So I am approaching 3 months of use (it's in 4 days I believe), and after the shed I spoke of earlier in this thread I AGAIN went through a shedding phase. This is very common for me though, as I have come to realize. That shed has finally subsided in the past couple days though and my head is feeling great.

Now, to what you all really care about... any signs of progress? Resounding yes. There is considerable regrowth all over my noodle, my hair line especially (though my hair line seems to be easier to get back than my vertex for some reason). As of 3 months I think it's going very well, and I reaaaaally hope it keeps moving in this direction. I am also pretty pumped that my hair looks as good as it does considering the amount that I shed of late. I expect that most recently shed hair to be coming back in full force within 2-3 months... so I'm pretty excited for my prospects at month 6.

Thus far I love the products. If you are still on the fence, wait for my month 6 review. I'll be posting pictures on my blog thing as well.... my hair is a bit longer right now though, and I don't feel like cutting it, so there are no new updates in that department.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:48 pm

good work perga, keep us updated. because im very interesting in some 'professional' topicals as opposed to the typical scamish ones i usually try, and would like to try a regime similar to urs if a few things im trying now dont pan out.

look forward to that 6 month review, and a list of the things u think helped vs didnt help, because i dont see how i could possibly afford the regime ur on now, surely some of that must be redundant?

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Good news to hear, I noticed you are using tocotrienols and that could have helped also

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Jacob, do you use the same topicals and experience the same as Perga?

Perga, thanks for your update I hope it will work and that you will have a head of lots of new regrown hair :D
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

Lakers
Occasional Poster

Post by Lakers » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:12 pm

Perga what topicals are you using? Custom?

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 am

nanoscalp + juveline + scalpxtreme + juveline .... in that order, then repeat

Awaiting Regrowth
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by Awaiting Regrowth » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Bloody hell Perga, I salute you! That Regime rocks!

I plan to use the vitamins and Elsom topicals along with the Lamas shampoo. Going for a new appoach.

Peace

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:39 pm

0416Dr wrote:Jacob, do you use the same topicals and experience the same as Perga?
Sorry..didn't see this until now. I would say yes..it's similar..minus the shedding he went through.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:46 pm

I know I just updated recently, but I gotta say... my head has not felt as good as it does right now in as long as I can remember. My shedding is wayyyy down.

All I need now is for this army of sprouts to grow long enough to make a significant impact on appearance. GROWWW MY LITTLE ONES!!!

OMGmyhair
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Lasers.
Minoxidil w/ Saw Palmetto 2x
Nizoral
Bentonite Clay

Post by OMGmyhair » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:51 pm

What shampoo do you guys recommend?

I use Keto 2% 1x daily, but I'm worried it might be a bit harsh on my scalp and hair.

OMGmyhair
Occasional Poster
Nizoral
Bentonite Clay

Post by OMGmyhair » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:13 pm

Also, I know it's recommended to apply all elsom topicals on a clean scalp, but I find it somewhat tedious to shower before every applications. Do you guys have another solution or do you just buckle down and shower 2x a day?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Elsom makes some good shampoo. As does Morrocco Method...Lamas...John Masters..etc.

You could just wash your hair instead of jumping in the shower each time. Just put your head under the running water if you don't have a wand type thing. Even just plain water would be better than nothing. I have applied them w/out doing any of the above though.

OMGmyhair
Occasional Poster
Nizoral
Bentonite Clay

Post by OMGmyhair » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah, I'll probably pick up a elsom shampoo, I'm really liking T1 and T2.

I'm curious how he made that chart of when to apply which topical when. It's very sporadic. I hate applying T2 in the morning because that %&$! stiiiiiinks. :P

I'm debating about just doing T1 morning/T2 night. It's just that chart is so specific... very interesting.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:03 am

I've been using them in the evenings.

BTW..my fav shampoo of theirs is Micellarin Hue. Nice and thick..smells great. I don't really use it for the gray hair issue.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:52 pm

Update.

So I cut my hair down to a number 8 again, and I must say... my hair is improving tremendously. Compared to about 2 or 3 months ago it's definitely moving in the right direction. I would say I am fast approaching no visible baldness even to my own eyes, which are like laser guided bald detectors.

I've taken a couple photos I will upload later. There is visible improvement, but IMO it doesn't tell the whole story.

I'm still hopeful for further improvement though, and would not be satisfied if my hair stopped where it is.

So, do I recommend the topicals? Yes, with a but. If you read my whole regimen above, I do a ridiculous amount of %&$! to try to keep my hair. I think every part of my regimen plays a role, and I don't think using any one of them alone would be near as effective as the entire regimen. That said, I think Elsom topicals has had the most impact in terms of recovery.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:19 am

good to hear perga. are you using a laser helmet too? which elsom topical do you like the best?

PrematureMilli
Occasional Poster

Post by PrematureMilli » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:20 pm

PERGA, you still using the superzix??? and how long have you been on that?

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:02 pm

Yeah I still use super zix. I'm going to maintain my current regiment for another few months at least, and when I feel it has done all the good it can I plan on experimenting with other topicals (first on my list is the Lamas one) and I will be replacing super zix with that. My time on zix = 3 months on, 1 month off, and 6.5 months on. I couldn't say how much of anything it has really done; it's cheap enough that I keep using it though.

I do use a laser helmet. It's a far cry from the miracle cure the fanatics of yesteryear were proclaiming, but I think it helps a bit. This is also something I plan to at least reduce (it's really a pain in the ass) as time goes on.

My favorite Elsom of the 3 that I have tried is the Scalpxtreme, but I wouldn't use just one if you were planning on getting any, the rotation aspect of the system seems important. I chose Scalpxtreme cause of the way it applies, and generally my head feels even better than usual when I wake up with that stuff on my noodle.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:11 am

perga wrote:nanoscalp + juveline + scalpxtreme + juveline .... in that order, then repeat
By the list above it doesn't look like you purchased their kit, just those 3 products?

How long does each bottle last (I assume you're covering your entire scalp with each application)? And also I figure you're doing nanoscalp one day, then juveline, then scalpxtreme, for say Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, as in, not applying all of them every day.

Thanks.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:02 pm

One topical per day. I cover my entire NW7 and temple points. Initially I expected the products to last around 7-8 months for 4 bottles (2x juveline + 1x xtreme + 1x nanoscalp), but I started using a couple more squirts than I was in the beginning, so now I expect 5-6 months for 4 bottles.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:18 pm

How's your hair doing now bro?

Also, how long does it normally take Dr Y to reply to emails?
I know he answers them all personally and they come back thesis length so I guess this is why it takes a while. I sent my last one 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

Does the QnA thing in the forum still get replies?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:41 pm

they come back thesis length
:lol:

He does know his stuff.

It took over two weeks the last time I contacted him..he's probably gone to conferences or ? I think the Q&A's get replies...guess you'd have to try it to find out.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Yeah, I'm wondering because I posted one up a few weeks ago but didn't hear anything back, I think perga mentioned he didn't get a reply as well.

Was trying to find out in which situations Dr Y would recommend the terminal topicals as opposed to the scalp care regimen and what happens when either regimen runs out.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Okay, so I am past the 6 month mark. My hair is definitely improved. Six months ago I was shedding like mad, my hair was not in very good health, though I thought it was. At this point, I have seen thickening of my existing hair, and some minor regrowth. The real difference is in the quality of existing hair though... it is much much improved.

For the most part, Elsom has stopped all "bad" shedding. The products that I use don't seem to have major POP in the regrowth department, but I would nearly guarantee (if you are as diligent and obsessive compulsive as I am) that these products will stop your hair loss and drastically improve hair quality and health.

So to sum up... I give the Elsom topicals two big thumbs up and recommend them to all.

I'll update again in a few months and let everybody know if there is any changes in the regrowth department. I should note that I added Lamas Serum about a month or so ago, and I have been shedding a fairly large amount of thinner weaker hairs from an area I am really trying to thicken up (which has always been a good sign for me). I will let everybody know how that goes.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Also, I should note... I did not drop Super Zix entirely. I alternate mornings between super zix and Lamas. I highly recommend no one DROP a topical out of the blue and replace it with another. I think shocks like that cause big time sheds if you have been using the topical for a long time (I know from experience).

j872
Regular Poster

Post by j872 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:59 am

I'm finally considering ordering a custom topical (mainly for egcg). I was wondering how long it lasts when used every day?
Also is nano-emulsion a good enough base, or is it worth it to go with one of the more expensive ones?

Also if anyone could recommended for or against ingredients it would be much appreciated.

Trying to keep it under $100, so far I have
nano-emulsion base
coconut oil base
egcg
L-taurine
zinc oxide (not sure about this one, but very cheap)
niacin
creatine monohydrate

Any other cheap ingredients worth adding?
thanks

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Dr. Y can give some good recommendations..but yours look good. They do also have apple stem cells..but you'd have to contact them to have them put that in. I do not remember how much they are.

I've always gone with their most expensive one, but their nano-emulsion is a good enough base imo. Depending upon how much you use..how long your hair is...if you use it once or twice a day..it should last 1+ months. Mine usually last well over 2 months..used once a day.

jjthejet

Post by jjthejet » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Does opening the cap to their products (juveline) do any harm to the contents inside of the bottle. I left it open for a few minutes.. Does this mess with the nanosomes?

and also what about the heat, my bottle got a little warm in the car? Does this effect it also.

Thanks for the help.

jjthejet

Post by jjthejet » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Does opening the cap to their products (juveline) do any harm to the contents inside of the bottle. I left it open for a few minutes.. Does this mess with the nanosomes?

and also what about the heat, my bottle got a little warm in the car? Does this effect it also.

Thanks for the help.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:05 pm

It's best to ask Dr. Y over at Elsom..but I think your product should be fine.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:27 pm

OKAY, I haven't updated in a while, and last I commented I was shedding pretty badly. Fortunately, that has changed, and my head is back to feeling great.

I have figured out what caused the shed in the first place, and to anyone using Elsom topicals I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you do this (it AT LEAST doubled the effectiveness for me):

1) Always wash your hair before application.
2) After application and allowing time to dry (bought 20-30 min for me), use a spritzer to get your hair good and wet (not enough to drip though), and rub the stuff that got stuck in your hair into your head again. Do this 2-3 times before you goto bed... tada.

I'm telling you... I was doing this initially and I was seeing regrowth + my head felt spectacular. I stopped because my school schedule changed and it became a pain to rub this crap in several times, and I shed insanely for 2 months straight. I started doing this again, and within 2 weeks my shedding has stopped, my head feels amazing, and I already see hairs that recently shed growing back all over my hair line.

Do it. Telling you.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:52 pm

I've done that with certain topicals of theirs- the ones that are a bit colorful and/or smellerful. I know Dr. Y has suggested that too- to basically re-wet things and rub it in some more. It also helps to apply to a quite damp scalp- right after 'poo'n.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:55 pm

perga wrote:OKAY, I haven't updated in a while, and last I commented I was shedding pretty badly. Fortunately, that has changed, and my head is back to feeling great.

I have figured out what caused the shed in the first place, and to anyone using Elsom topicals I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you do this (it AT LEAST doubled the effectiveness for me):

1) Always wash your hair before application.
2) After application and allowing time to dry (bought 20-30 min for me), use a spritzer to get your hair good and wet (not enough to drip though), and rub the stuff that got stuck in your hair into your head again. Do this 2-3 times before you goto bed... tada.

I'm telling you... I was doing this initially and I was seeing regrowth + my head felt spectacular. I stopped because my school schedule changed and it became a pain to rub this crap in several times, and I shed insanely for 2 months straight. I started doing this again, and within 2 weeks my shedding has stopped, my head feels amazing, and I already see hairs that recently shed growing back all over my hair line.

Do it. Telling you.

any pics perga? Would you recommend this for people with thinning hair?

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:12 am

What's your full regimen at the moment, perga? Still using the superzix ii?