Xandrox Review

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Xandrox Review

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:11 pm

My Xandrox 15 Review

I originally reviewed Xandrox15 on Nov 29/03. Here is this review. I will soon post a follow-up review:

Regrowth LLC, has recently added an exciting new product to their Xandrox line of hair loss treatment products, called Xandrox15. The active ingredients in Xandrox15 are 15% minoxidil and 5% azeleic acid. Dr. Lee has put together a good Q&A document on Xandrox15, which I have included below.

I have been testing Xandrox15, and using it exclusively for the last month and a half. While typically it makes sense to try a product for 3 or more months before making an assessment of how well it works for you, I have seen enough of a response in a month and a half of use that I can make some preliminary conclusions about it.

Xandrox15 uses ethyl alcohol and glycerin as the vehicle. This has several implications and has made me realize the importance of the vehicle for the delivery of a topical solution. First, you can apply Xandrox15 as you would any other minoxidil containing solution like Rogaine, Kirkland minoxidil solution, or even Xandrox 5% formulations. Xandrox15 is easier to apply than Xandrox 12.5% lotion, which I have used in the past and am still quite fond of. It leaves less residue than 12.5% Xandrox as well. Second, the fact that Xandrox15 contains glycerin instead of propylene glycol means (at least for me) a lot less irritation of the scalp. I always would get an itchiness of the scalp after applying minoxidil formulations that contained propylene glycol, and I just assumed that this went with the territory. My scalp feels a lot better after applying Xandrox15 than even 5% Xandrox. The only potential drawback with the glycerin is that it is quite sticky. So if you have long hair, it may not be a good idea to use Xandrox15 in the day time. I use it in the evenings. However, you can use this stickiness as a sort of styling helper as it feels almost like hairspray when it dries. For those of you whose scalps are sensitive to propylene glycol, Xandrox15 may well be worth checking out. By the way, I have learned that Dr. Lee is willing to make 5% Xandrox using glycerin instead of propylene glycol if you request it.

As for how well Xandrox15 works relative to regular minoxidil (and even 5% Xandrox and 12.5% Xandrox), after only one and a half months of use, I am very pleased with what I have seen so far. I have grown vellous, unpigmented hair up to a centimeter long and up to a centimeter in front of my hair line and temples! I have never seen anything like this, and can only attribute it to the high concentration of minoxidil and better absorption thanks to the vehicle. It will probably take several hair cycles (up to a year or more) before this growth becomes cosmetically significant (if at all). This is the fastest, and most effective growth I have seen in the shortest period of time. I have always been an excellent responder to minoxidil so this is probably a contributing factor to what I am seeing. I will soon be posting new monthly photos of my progress, and will keep using Xandrox15. I wholeheartedly recommend this product.

James

Post by James » Fri May 07, 2004 7:28 pm

I have been using Xandrox15 for about 5 months now and it has grown small vellus hairs on my temples. Some of these hairs are slowly getting thicker and darker but there is still no cosmetic benefit from these hairs. Hopefully when the hairs mature they will give me better coverage. I use 1ml over my entire scalp at night. If anyone else is using this product please share how you are doing!