I got my Inflamil (first impressions)

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

I got my Inflamil (first impressions)

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue May 24, 2005 4:31 pm

OK,

So after less than two weeks from when I ordered a bottle of Inflamil (the gel-based version) I received it in the mail. It was sent by UPS and came in a small white bottle with the ingredients listed on it.

It has a strong herbal smell to it (not that that gives you much to go on) that I find very pleasant.

I couldn't wait to try it out and immediately applied about a dime sized portion of it to my overall scalp. That was enough to cover the entire scalp. I am actually experiencing its effect right now as I type and all I can say is....

.....aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....

Very very pleasant. Almost too much so. My scalp feels like I placed a cap of ice on it. There's a fairly strong tingling sensation, similar to very minty shampoos. I feel like closing my eyes and taking a nap. It's almost like getting a scalp massage in the way it relaxes you. Kind of like a spa treatment. (I think my wife would love this just for the way it makes you feel!)

I am already in love with this product, if only for the way it makes my scalp feel, let alone whether it works to reduce or eliminate scalp inflammation.

I hope this helps cure my folliculitis.

Will keep everyone posted on my progress with it.

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Jacob » Tue May 24, 2005 5:47 pm

Cool Sam...I hope it works for you in the long run. I still use mine once a week or so...still get that same feeling each time :lol:

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed May 25, 2005 6:55 am

Used it twice so far. It's probably too early to tell if this effect will last but I have virtually no itching throughout the day after applying it and the inflammation does seem to have gone away... fingers crossed.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri May 27, 2005 11:19 pm

Inflammation is not completely gone.... I think it'll probably always be with me. I still like the feeling that Inflamil gives me, but I have no idea whether it is helping anything other than my symptoms at this point....

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:50 pm

Sam..got an update?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:05 pm

Jacob,

I don't know if it has gotten rid of the folliculitis, but it has virtually eliminated the symptoms of it. My scalp is rarely if ever itchy. I don't have any painful bumps or acne. I am very impressed so far.

All I can say is thanks for persisting in recommending it to me. I just wish it was a bit cheaper.

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:23 pm

Glad to hear that. How often are you using it now? Shouldn't be too costly if you use it once a week or every other week etc. And I'm not sure if the shampoo a few times a week could replace the topical(kinda doubt it)...but if it could then it'd be even cheaper.