Was it foolish to start xandrox15 instead of minox 5%

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

kakarot
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Was it foolish to start xandrox15 instead of minox 5%

Post by kakarot » Mon May 09, 2005 11:47 am

Eeeeek Im wondering if it was a poor choice for me to start my regime with the use of Xandrox15 back in december 2004. I mean I have used Minox 5% but that was from Rogaine, I used that for a few months in fall of 2004 and I was having an allergic reaction to rogaine. So I stopped using rogaine and didnt use nothing for a few months until December 2004 I started applying xandrox15. I just got desperate, saw my hairline receding and didnt want to have that happen and heard that xandrox15 was one of the top products to use for hairlines. I think I am still gonna purchuse a 5% minox from dr. lee since I was allergic to rogaine. But Im wondering if I screwed myself here.....

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon May 09, 2005 9:00 pm

Nope. Not foolish. We have to do as much as we can as soon as we can to prevent hair loss because once the hair follicles miniaturize they're much harder to regrow.

It's much easier to maintain than it is to regrow hair.

15% minox is more potent than 5% minox, so the likelihood of regrowth is higher and the amount and weight regrown should also be higher due to the dose-dependent results of minoxidil.

The only area I have concern about with Xandrox 15 is that I believe that the azaleic acid is something that I am sensitive to, and perhaps Blueshard is as well. I mentioned in another post that I want to talk to Dr. Lee to see if he'll product and azaleic-acid-free 15% minox. IMO that would be the ultimate. (Also will ask Dr. Khadavi if he'd be willing to do the same).

Sam

James

Post by James » Wed May 11, 2005 4:01 am

I asked Dr. Lee if he would do that but he said that he couldn't.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Jacob » Wed May 11, 2005 3:26 pm

Don't forget with liposomes it seems less minox would be needed. There's that one "study" that shows that at least...and other studies/info show the same with other ingredients.