Lipoxidil and other Liposome based treatments

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

eliazush
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Lipoxidil and other Liposome based treatments

Post by eliazush » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:03 am

Hi everyone!
I am new here in the forum, although I have been reading and visiting this site for a while now.

My name is Eliaz, 28 male from Israel. I am at NH I - II stage. I started to get bald when I was 20. I tried several natural remedies which didn't do anything and then started propecia and minoxidil. I left propecia because didn't see results in regrowth terms, and maintaining the situation wasn't worth the cost in my opinion. I was looking for something that would actually restore my hair like it was before.

I have been using minoxidil for a few years...change the formulation every once in a while, from plain minoxidil to combo products such as xandrox, folligen.
My current regimen is:

1. Topical Sprio 2% from dr. Lee
2. Plain (generic) minoxidil 5%
3. Xandrox 15% (use it only at night)
4. Folligen Lotion (every other day in the morning)

I have entered today for the first time to lipoxidil.com and went over the interesting products they offer there. As a pharmacist, I know how efficient Liposome vehicles can be, and I was also surprised to find there exclusive products based on this technology, sush as Finasteride and Spiro lotions. I would like to know if anyone here in this forum has ever tried their products and wheather they work better than the non-liposme, more simple solutions and lotions available. Also, I read Dr. Lee's response to the Lipoxidil, saying he was into this technology, but doubts as for the success of the making of real liposomes by lipoxidil.com.

Thanks everyone for writing your opinions and exeprience here...I surely helps me and many others. I am waitng for your responses here,
Love you all,

Eliaz

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:17 pm

Eliazush,

I also asked Dr. Lee about this personally and he suggested that for him it was cost prohibitive to prepare a liposomal product. I'm paraphrasing from my memory here, but that's what I recall.

However, without having actually tried it, I would venture to say that it may still be worthwhile to use Lipoxidil. I have heard good things about it in various forums. I'd personally love to use something that reduces the amount of alcohol used in the solution. If you do venture to try Lipoxidil, give it a fair amount of time to guage how well it works for you and please keep us posted!

Regards,
Sam