Alpecin shampoo and tonic +minoxidil

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Alpecin shampoo and tonic +minoxidil

Post by intricate1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:48 pm

I am sure you guys have heard of Alpecin, however, I only heard about it 3 months ago. I wish I had known about it before. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on products—many from this site—which did nothing for me. The only thing I never stopped using has been minoxidil (even that I missed days or weeks using). I took testosterone on-and-off and it always helped to make my hair thicker, healthier, and prevent loss of/grow my hair. But, honestly, this product is amazing. I am sure if I had know about it when it came out 10 years ago, i would have kept a lot of my hair. But, I can tell you that it works, and if you don't keep it as part of your regimen, you are missing out. All my existing hair follicles have gotten thicker, even hair that was really thin and almost dead. So, it seems that it has given me growth in the front; tons of it. But, i know it is hair that was not completely dead yet and was revived. This is because the product really strengthens your hair and eliminates shedding completely. If you don't believe me read all the Alpecin reviews on Amazon!

Coopman

Re: Alpecin shampoo and tonic +minoxidil

Post by Coopman » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:42 am

Never heard about Alpecin. I guess I'm going to get a look at it. What I think that it is your biggest problem - testosterone. As much as I know, testosterone is one of the biggest problems that people like us who has hair loss problems encounter. Not sure whether is this true or not, but I found out that for example Rogaine is inhibiting testosterone, this is the reason why athletes and heavy lifters are avoiding it like hell. this is also explaining a lot why heavy lifters (most of them) who take testosterone are bald. having all of this said, you should continue with minoxidil (maybe with alpecin too, not sure yet - have to look into it) but surely need to stop the testosterone if you want to save your hair. but if you don't really care about your hair then whatever...
Last edited by Coopman on Wed May 11, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: Alpecin shampoo and tonic +minoxidil

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:43 pm

Coopman wrote:Not sure whether is this true or not, but I found out that for example Rogaine is inhibiting testosterone, this is the reason why athletes and heavy lifters are avoiding it like hell.
I have not read anything anywhere about Minoxidil inhibiting testosterone. It's effects are through entirely separate mechanisms. I think you may be confusing minoxidil with perhaps propecia, which actually has the effect of reducing DHT by inhibiting an enzyme called 5-alpha-reductase. Minoxidil is a potassium channel inhibitor.