General Survey: Your favorite hair loss products of all time. Please let us know.

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

General Survey: Your favorite hair loss products of all time. Please let us know.

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have participated in the forums. I build HLF in 2002 as just a place to share my own experiences with hair loss and my battle against it. I have tried many a product and treatment in my own battle, and eventually I resorted to hair restoration surgery.

The hair restoration surgery went a long way for me in my own battle, and for the past several years I have not used any products specifically to fight hair loss, even though my surgeon suggested that I get on Propecia and stay on it. I complied for a while. And even used Avodart for a while. But I stopped taking these pills out of concern for my longer term health. Fighting hair loss takes a second seat to overall health if you ask me. Not that I am against Propecia. I am using it currently as a topical, so that it reduces the chances of systemic effects.

Which brings me to the purpose for this post. It's 2014. What are you all using? I want to compile a list of what people use and why. Whether topical or internal. What are you using and what are your favorites, and why? I have asked this in the past, but it's time for a re-up of this question.

I personally own an OMG Laser Messiah which is no longer working, but I did in fact love that product. Need to get mine fixed! I think laser treatment is a no-brainer, all options considered. I got good results from it.

My favorite products of all time:
- Topical Finasteride
- Minoxidil Shampoo from Lipoxidil (discontinued, but by far the best minox product I ever tried)
- Inflamil (amazing product that is discontinued, also from Lipoxidil)
- Xandrox (from Dr. Lee, also discontinued... sigh)
- Revivogen
- Laser Helmet

Yeah I know I have discontinued products in my list, but I'm an old-timer in this fight now... Those were my favs. I am ready to try all the new products that you guys suggest are worth trying, and I will start reviewing them here again.

So let me know, what do you use? What do you like? What do you love?

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: General Survey: Your favorite hair loss products of all time. Please let us know.

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:32 pm

I don't blame you for wanting to stay off of Fin/Dut for your long-term health. One could debate whether there's really a problem taking 'em long-term but I'm of the camp that says it doesn't make a lot of sense..for sure not health-wise. That and any other drug- it's not exactly the best thing to take any and for sure long-term unless your life really depends upon it. Even many supplements/herbs shouldn't be constantly taken for long periods of time. Rotation at the very least.

I'll edit this later this week on products I currently use and my previous favs. Inflamil will definitely be on my list as well..still can't believe that product was discontinued and that no one has tried to copy it.

israelite
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Re: General Survey: Your favorite hair loss products of all time. Please let us know.

Post by israelite » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:15 pm

I think promox is my favorite Minox based product , all natural skin revolution , experimental ru

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi israelite and thank you for your response. What would you say you like about promox? I will check it out btw. Not sure if "all natural skin revolution" and "experimental ru" are products or if you meant something else.

Cheers,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Ok..here's my list of favorite hair loss products of all time..not in any particular order.

Shampoo:
Morrocco Method- Earth Essence
Lamas- Chinese Herbal
Andalou- Age Defying
DermaHeal
Elsom- Micellarin Fight
The Skin Revolution Restore(currently using)
Regeron Pristeen(currently using)

Conditioner/other- Ultimate Scalp Defense(currently using)
(not big on conditioners)

Topicals:

Andalou- Age Defying
DermaHeal- serum
Regeron Pristeen(currently using)
Dermatopoietin
Elsom- a custom one..I'm sure the ingreds are posted somewhere
Elsom- Equisomin
The Skin Revolution- Restore(currently using)
Tricomin

NanoFibrin by Elsom(currently using)
Inflamil

Gizmos:

Hair Sonic(currently using- for shampoo'n)
DermaPen(currently using)

Supplements..guess I'll add that later...may think of others for the above as well :-s

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 pm

The Dermapen daily is core for me and Dermaheal.

Jacob - is there a Pristeen seller in the states ? Been wanting to try.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:30 am

No..I wish there were. I should have ordered more of the vials right away- I've never been thrilled with using those vial products but these actually come with a plastic applicator tip thingy that snaps or screws on the vial and, well..I should really stick with 'em a bit as it doesn't make sense really to go through just one box..even if I can stretch each vial out a bit. And even though I'll be using the spray/tonic as well(different time of day)

Shipping was $60 :shock: Got here in a few days though..I wonder if they can ship it slower and cheaper..although I wouldn't be too thrilled with it sitting around in the heat somewhere.

Where's Mark at- Group buy! Actually they did list prices for bulk orders..but I think for the vials it was 100 boxes. Not sure about the tonic.

israelite
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by israelite » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Jacob wrote:No..I wish there were. I should have ordered more of the vials right away- I've never been thrilled with using those vial products but these actually come with a plastic applicator tip thingy that snaps or screws on the vial and, well..I should really stick with 'em a bit as it doesn't make sense really to go through just one box..even if I can stretch each vial out a bit. And even though I'll be using the spray/tonic as well(different time of day)

Shipping was $60 :shock: Got here in a few days though..I wonder if they can ship it slower and cheaper..although I wouldn't be too thrilled with it sitting around in the heat somewhere.

Where's Mark at- Group buy! Actually they did list prices for bulk orders..but I think for the vials it was 100 boxes. Not sure about the tonic.
Jacob I might get this lol , tell me how it is ,

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:56 pm

The tonic/spray is nice..the vials I'll have to let you know but I'm going to assume it'll be similar as far as how it feels etc. Results- you'll really have to wait for that update! I would really like to get one of these first before starting the vials though: http://ubiomed.en.ec21.com/Micro_Needle ... 59930.html I still don't get the "Santa Claus in my dermis" for that device :lol: ..maybe it just means a gift for the skin :-k

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:28 pm