Anyone in here use Crinagen??

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

hotdillon
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Anyone in here use Crinagen??

Post by hotdillon » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:55 am

Hi...this is a cool site by the way!!
I was wondering...does anyone in here use Crinagen??
I have just started using it, and I wanted to know if anyone here has used it long-term (1yr plus) and I dont wanna a bad shed from it!!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:35 pm

Hello and welcome!

I personally have not used Crinagen. What are your initial thoughts and/or observations about the product? I'm also curious as to why you have chosen to use Crinagen over say, Revivogen or topical spironolactone. This is not to say that I think there is anything wrong with Crinagen, only I am interested in your logic for why you chose to use it over other topical anti-androgens.

Regards,
Sam

hotdillon
Occasional Poster

Post by hotdillon » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:57 am

Hello Sam, how are you??
Well, the reason I chose Crinagen over Revivogen or Spiro is #1 I'm allergic to alcohol and PPG. I get headaches, my head itches terribly, etc... Not to mention Crinagen is much cheaper and has a 6 month money back guarantee. I have heard more negative stuff on the internet about Rev and Spiro and even though there is not alot of people using Crinagen, most feedback form people using it has been 80% positive. I have only 2 complaints about it though!!
1. It smells (according to Dr. Raztec, it's from the Saw Palmetto formulation in the product...which they have added tea tree oil to counteract, but it still smells)
2. It's a little greasy.....in other words, it never really dries on your scalp.

If you can put up with these 2 things, your ok. I haven't had any headaches at all nor any stuffy eyes in the morning like minox did to me!!
One more thing, I know I've only been using it for almost 4 weeks now, but when I wash it out in the shower, my hair dries and looks alot thicker!!

Thanks Sam!! Great site by the way!!

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:16 am

Hello hotdillon,

I am fine thanks!

Thanks for your explanation for why you chose to use Crinagen. I am now very curious about what others think of it as well. I will try to find some people who have used it for a while to see what they think.

I am glad you like the site! Thanks for the compliment. At the moment the forums are not quite at the level I want them to be in terms of membership, but I am working on it...

Cheers,
Sam

hotdillon

Post by hotdillon » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:30 am

Hi Hotdillon, I hope the Crinagen works for you. Do you use any internals like Propecia or Dut? Since you can't use Minox you might want to consider an internal (or maybe you just don't want to and that's fine)...

Keep us posted on how the Crin is working for you!

Magneto

hotdillon

Post by hotdillon » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:22 pm

Magneto, would you even recommend dut after all the side-effect that people talk about?

hotdillon

Post by hotdillon » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:17 pm

I don't use dut personally, but I am considering it.

melchiangmai
Regular Poster

Post by melchiangmai » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:21 am

I've heard that Revivogen's liposome delivery system to the scalp is far more efficient than Crinagen's system. Anyone heard the same?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:55 pm

I was not aware that the Revivogen delivery system was liposomal. Where did you hear this?

melchiangmai
Regular Poster

Post by melchiangmai » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:04 am

Hi Sam,
Sorry I'm not so good with scientific terminology so I'm not sure if it means liposomal but they do talk about "liposomes". Is it the same thing? Anyway, I'd appreciate if you could explain in what ways this sort of Transmerol Follicular Delivery System is special and how it works. Thanks

FROM REVIVOGEN WEBSITE:

Targeting Hair Loss at the Hair Follicle
Revivogen ™ uses Transmerol Follicular Delivery System™ (TFDS) to effectively deliver its active ingredients to the hair follicle. TFDS™ utilizes Liposomes and derivatives of natural oils which deeply penetrate the scalp and carry the active ingredients to the hair follicle where they are most needed.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:46 pm

Thanks melchangmai, I don't recall ever reading about this TFDS in the past. I will ask Dr. Khadavi about it. I have personally noticed that Revivogen absorbs well quickly, leaving very little (if not no) residue.

As for liposomal delivery, Dr. Lee told me in the past that actually creating a product that utilizes liposomes properly to carry various substances into the skin is not an easy thing to do. He had apparently investigated a liposomal concoction of his own but given up on it due to the cost prohibitiveness of trying to create a viable product.

metomeya
Occasional Poster

Post by metomeya » Sat May 15, 2004 10:44 am

On the topic of revivogen, I thought i read somewhere on the internet that alcohol 40 destories oils (no link, but you should be able to google it easily). Wouldn't that destory the GLA, la, ala, and all those other fatty acids since they are oils? (SD 40 is the first ingredient on there making it the most abundant stuff too) I'm sure the stuff would still work (I'm using the stuff my self) from the other ingredients.

Maybe this is why your sclap isn't excessive oily anymore, Morphollica.

Kinda makes me wish i had ordered that Crinagen, but i was afriad to since you couldn't order from over the internet order (never used a fax or phoned to ordersomething before).

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon May 17, 2004 11:51 pm

Metomeya,

I wasn't aware of alcohol 40 destroying oils. I'll have to investigate. Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Sam

Jack The Ripper

Post by Jack The Ripper » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:07 am

I ordered Revivogen this week, did anyone find out anything more about the alcohol destroying the oils?

I also read that some people keep their bottles of Revivogen in the refrigerator in order to slow down the oxidation of the fatty acids.
Someone said that the people from Revivogen said that refrigeration, while not necessary, will help stabilize the ingredients for longer storage.

Maybe we should ask dr. Khadavi about the possibility of the alcohol destroying the oils and if it is better to keep your bottles of Revivogen in the fridge... :?

Jack The Ripper

Post by Jack The Ripper » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:57 pm

Hmm, I now read that the penetrating agent used in the GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) hamster study was Ethanol.

The study was positive and showed GLAs ability to act as a 5a-reductase inhibitor, so the Ethanol did not interfere with the GLA.

Revivogen has SD Alcohol 40 in it, as far as I can tell judging from this site : http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/cos-227.html, SD40 is denatured Ethanol.

Since Ethanol posed no problems in that study I guess it wont cause any problems in regards to interfering with the oils in Revivogen either.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:06 pm

Hey Jack The Ripper,

Thanks for picking up this thread. Good digging.

I suppose it's possible that over time the oils may deteriorate as anything will if left out long enough.

I haven't had any problems with it, and refrigeration won't hurt (although I haven't done this in the past). If anything, Revivogen has been great for maintenance and overall scalp health for me personally.

Regards,
Sam