Kerastase Dermo-Calm

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

Kerastase Dermo-Calm

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:01 am

Hi everyone,

I recently tried the Kerastase new Dermo-Calm range of shampoo called Bain Vital and the Masque Sensidote for sensitive scalp and I love them both!

First the Bain Vital Dermo-Calm Shampoo is for normal to combination hair and targeted for sensitive scalp. It is sea green and every time I use the shampoo, I feel drifted to the seaside with a gently breeze. That is the best way to describe the smell. The shampoo really helps my oily, sensitive scalp to rebalance itself without being harsh at all. It contains piroctone olamine and salicylic acid to really deep cleanse the scalp and vitamin B3 and calophyllum oil to sooth and regenerate the scalp.

I follow the Bain Vital with the Sensidote Dermo-Calm masque which is applied to the scalp and then to the hair length. The masque smell just as relaxing as the shampoo and has a beautiful blue green color. It has willow bark extract and peppermint leaf extract which provides a cooling sensation to the scalp.

Combined, both of these two Kerastase products are very effective to sooth stressed and sensitive scalp.

My scalp feel more flexible after several uses. A drift of the smell of the Bain Vital and all my stress melts away.

I really enjoy the Dermo-Calm range from Kerastase and I would encourage all those stressed with hair loss to give this a try. It is helping me.

Cheers
Natasha26

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Kerastase Dermo-Calm

Post by Jacob » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:36 pm

I wonder how they compare to that Kerastase Biotic line that I love :-k Well I know the Biotic uses some pre/probiotic type of ingredient..but as for how it makes ones scalp feel- wonder how they compare?

Thanks for the info Natasha 8)

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 am

Hi Jacob,

You read my mind! I was going to compare the Dermo-Calm to the Biotic line that I have also used which is now discontinued.

In terms of smell, it is on the same note except that the Dermo-Calm is much more relaxing still and it really treats the itchiness and flakes. So I would they are comparable.

While the Biotic had a pre-shampoo scalp treatment, the Sensidote has a post-shampoo scalp masque that de-stresses the scalp.

Trusting Kerastase, I would say that this new range is improved version of the Biotic line.

So far, it is working great for my scalp. Will continue to use and post update on this new line.

Best
Natasha26

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Are you sure it's discontinued? Maybe it's just where you purchase your stuff from? They still have it on their website: http://www.kerastase.co.uk/products/biotic.aspx and can be purchased at Amazon etc. Plus the ingreds are so different. Tempting to try it though!

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi Jacob,

I am positive that the Biotic line is discontinued. Amazon is not a good indicator of products that are discontinued, they sell based on sellers stock of the products.

The Kerastase UK website is not up-to-date. A good measure is to check the Kerastase France and then the USA.

The Sensidote line contains a bain riche for dry scalp as well as a soothing serum that I have not tried yet. It is really a comprehensive line of treatment for the scalp which I am really loving the results and the sensorial experience that goes along its application.

Cheers
Natasha