TeslaBrush, Trioxinator & other "Electro-therapy" devices

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

TeslaBrush, Trioxinator & other "Electro-therapy" devices

Post by Jacob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:57 pm

http://www.newhairnewme.com/tesla-brush/

http://follicleshair.com/about-us.html

Possibly the same product..different names. Maybe one or both from the companies can show up and give us more info. Or respond by email..
I don't like that the Trioxinator seems to have been spammed in various forums years ago. [-X

Other similar devices out there..at least based around the same tech. The ones with that "rake" attachment have been posted about..maybe even around here. No time to look now...

I think this is a lot like LLLT. It's probably not going to do much, especially on it's own...but *may* be a good addition to ones regimen if they have the money...and time.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: TeslaBrush, Trioxinator & other "Electro-therapy" devices

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:11 am

There is nobody to contact on the Trioxinator contact page..so screw that. The TeslaBrush guy did get back to me...responded with a good explanation
of his product and how it compares to the Trox and others. I've asked what all I can share here- or he's more than welcome to post here himself.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:46 am

Here's a thread on such devices..various devices I should say: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1822&p=15342&hilit= ... 213#p15342

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Some interesting responses from the TeslaBrush guy:
The expensive product mentioned on my website on the “my story” page was the Trioxinator. It was an expensive device requiring a lot of capital. Unfortunately the owner of the clinic got into all kinds of private problems nothing to do with the Trioxinator and I wonder if he has any stocks left. When this happened I was already busy with the 2nd generation. I decided to go ahead with the product on my own steam to recover some of great losses incurred in designing the Trioxinator because I was promised to have them covered by the proceeds from sales. I personally know the doctor/dermatologist who did the initial investigation. He is a very nice person with high integrity. He made available the information of his research to help me and told me that he actually tested 17 people but 8 of them would not consent to have their names or information used for commercial activities. I also got feedback from people who used the Trioxinator some of them immensely enthusiastic and some just OK. So the story of Mike on the “follicles” website is real and I know of other remarkable stories not documented. The sample of 17 people taken by the medical doctor is small and subject to statistical error but as he says in his power point presentation it is a subject worthy of further scientific investigation.

I must also state that there are statements on the follicles website that I strongly disagree with because they were made up for commercial purposes and not according researched facts. The new product I designed called the Teslabrush is an improvement on the Trioxinator with somewhat more output power and a more intense stimulation method. It operates on flashlight batteries instead of a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. One of my problems is that I cannot use any of the testimonials for the Trioxinator for my new product for several reasons and therefore I am starting from scratch with very little capital. Like any hair loss product the Teslabrush will not work for everybody but it will certainly help many. According the information available to me the majority of users should experience an end to hair loss.

One of the problems encountered with the product is that users must be meticulous in doing their daily massages with the Teslabrush in order to get results and they have to be patient sometimes for months depending how long they have suffered from hair loss. Not everybody has the endurance for maintaining the essential discipline and not many are willing consider some basic lifestyle changes which could facilitate the process. People who are just starting to lose hair have the best chance of recovery and sometimes fast recovery.
With electrical stimulation - less is often more. The first experimental version of the Trioxinator I produced for the clinic was too powerful for the purpose of growing hair and I had to reduce its output to a relatively low level. As mentioned before my Teslabrush has a marginally higher output than the final version of the Trioxinator and is by far not as overpowering as [some other units]
My device which I initially called an “electronic massager” sends very short electrical impulses to the skin. It is the same principle used by some TENS skin toning devices using the “Scenar” principle. I will be posting an article on my blog one day which reflects my discussion with the FDA on the subject of skin stimulation and hair growth. My view is that hair is using the skin as a medium for growth and that you cannot stimulate the skin without affecting the follicles. The Teslabrush uses regular batteries or rechargeable NiMH batteries they must be removed when empty. They last for about 40 daily 10 minute sessions.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Thought this info on the website was interesting:
The TESLABRUSH™ generates short bipolar electrical impulses, which closely resemble the physiological bio-currents. These impulses cause minimal disturbance of normal cellular functioning while activating an optimal amount of nervous tissue. Underlying this process is the excitation of the thin peptidergic C-fibres resulting in the release of a high dose of neuropeptides, essential for overcoming the disturbance to be reversed. Electrical impulses produced by other devices are not only perceived as intrusions but lack the ability to significantly excite the C-fibres. Poor hair growth or hair loss is a result of disturbed functioning of the follicles and the surrounding skin. This noninvasive process aims to bring the system back into homeostasis which is experienced as a cessation of hair loss or the promotion of hair growth. In summary it can be said that the unique electrical stimuli motivate the intelligence of the physical body to bring about the restoration of the original condition
Going to see if he's willing to come here and answer questions..am curious to know his thoughts on using topicals with it or around it and how it differs from the violet rays being talked about in the various hair loss forums(again) etc. Is the part that touches your scalp hard plastic or ?