adenosine!

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

israelite
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

adenosine!

Post by israelite » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 pm

i bought 400 grams of adenosine in a group buy!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19239555
Abstract

Adenosine upregulates the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and fibroblast growth factor-7 in cultured dermal papilla cells. It has been shown that, in Japanese men, adenosine improves androgenetic alopecia due to the thickening of thin hair due to hair follicle miniaturization. To investigate the efficacy and safety of adenosine treatment to improve hair loss in women, 30 Japanese women with female pattern hair loss were recruited for this double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Volunteers used either 0.75% adenosine lotion or a placebo lotion topically twice daily for 12 months. Efficacy was evaluated by dermatologists and by investigators and in phototrichograms. As a result, adenosine was significantly superior to the placebo according to assessments by dermatologists and investigators and by self-assessments. Adenosine significantly increased the anagen hair growth rate and the thick hair rate. No side-effects were encountered during the trial. Adenosine improved hair loss in Japanese women by stimulating hair growth and by thickening hair shafts. Adenosine is useful for treating female pattern hair loss in women as well as androgenetic alopecia in men.
it only cost 20 dollars for 100 grams !!!!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: adenosine!

Post by Jacob » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Anyone still using that Japanese product that contains it?

israelite
Prolific Poster

Post by israelite » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Jacob wrote:Anyone still using that Japanese product that contains it?
what product. i plan on putting min in my shampoos and oils.

John Yossarian
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by John Yossarian » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:24 pm

I think the product is called Shiseido Adenogen Hair Energizing Hair Tonic. I used it a few years back, but I stopped using it due to side effects.

israelite
Prolific Poster

Post by israelite » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:50 pm

John Yossarian wrote:I think the product is called Shiseido Adenogen Hair Energizing Hair Tonic. I used it a few years back, but I stopped using it due to side effects.
holy is expensive stuff! one member has reported thickness in the hair shaft since using adenosine. i will be starting this week