Shu Uemura Art of Hair

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

Shu Uemura Art of Hair

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 am

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share this amazing line of Japanese haircare that I just discovered a week ago by Shu Uemura and the brand is a more refined version of Kerastase. Given that both are owned by L'oreal, I was curious to try the Shu Uemura haircare line given the incredible reviews I read on their hair products. Let me just say that I was blown away by the results on my hair.

I am using the Silk Bloom Shampoo and conditioner which has argan oil in it and my first experience was a real sensory one. The texture, consistency and smell of the shampoo and conditioner are amazingly velvety and they literally transform the hair into a smooth and firm texture.

I also tried the Shu Uemura Cleansing oil shampoo given the success of their cleansing oil makeup remover and this shampoo is going to be a staple in my shampoo rotation because it really lifts and removes oiliness and clean the hair to reveal bouncy, thick and at the same time light hair. It contains various oils such as avocado and castor oil as well as Onsen Inspired Ferment, known for its purifying virtues, which is captured directly from the Japanese volcanic hot springs 2,000 feet below the sea. This Onsen Ferment ingredient presents in the shampoo really work to provide the hair with an ultimate purifying experience. This innovative cleansing oil shampoo also is paraben-free and and silicon-free.

While ideal for all hair types, this shampoo is specially designed for fine, oily or flat hair. I find that I don't have to wash my hair everyday with this shamppo as my hair doesnt get oily as quickly. The price for the Shu Uemura hair products are on the steep side but given the ingredients and product efficacy, I find these to be well worth the investment.

Overall, I am really impressed with the texture and targeted efficacy of the Shu Uemura Art of Hair products. I will update as I use other products from the brand.

Natasha26

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Re: Shu Uemura Art of Hair

Post by Natasha26 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 am

Hi everyone,

I have ben using the Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner for more than a week and my hair feels like a new material with this Japanese line. It feels really silky and firm to the touch at the same time which is really what the Silk Bloom line says it does. I can't get enough of this new found treasure. The shampoo is milky white and the conditioner is pearly white and they both smell amazing; very fresh and floral.

The Silk Bloom restorative shampoo with argan oil has for ingredients: aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, disoium cocoamphodiacetate, glycerin, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, polyquaternium-10, ceteareth-60 myristyl glycol, disodium ricinoleamido mea-sulfosuccinate, sodium benzoate, hexylene glycol, sodium methylparaben, peg-55 propylene glycol oleate, salicylic acid, propylene glycol, ethylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, argania spinosa oil, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, alcohol, butylphenyl methylpropional, coumarin, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, safflower glucoside, limonene, gentiana lutea extract, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, parfum.

Using the shampoo alone my hair feel incredibly soft and clean which I guess the salicylic acid play a good role. The Shu Uemura line is a very good mix of nature and science to bring the best technological ingredient extract to hair problem.

Coupled with the Silk Bloom conditioner, hair feels like a waterfall. I will post pictures of my hair using the Shu Uemura line. Ingredients for the Silk Bloom restorative conditioner are: aqua, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, glycerin, peg-180, amodimethicone, cetyl esters, sodium pca, methylparaben, hydroxyethylcellulose, argania spinosa oil, tocopheryl acetate, trideceth-6, bht, chlorhexidine digluconate, benzyl benzoate, alcohol, citric acid, cetrimonium chloride, benzyl salicylate, buthylphenyl, methylpropional, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, safflower glucoside, coumarin, gentiana lutea extract, parfum.

I also use the Shu Uemura Essential Drops Purifying blend for oily scalp which has avocado oil, peppermint oil, Vitamin E, Calophyllum inophyllum seed oil, nepeta cataria oil, zingiber (ginger) officinale root oil, tea tree oil, ginkgo biloba leaf extract and peppermint leaf extract. This scalp treatment really works to purify the scalp of oil and dirt and increase the scalp circulation. My scalp feels very cool after application and it relieves irritation.

After washing, I use the latest product by Shu Uemura Art of Hair called Essence Absolue nourishing oil-cream technology and it has my favorite oil in it; Camellia. My hair feels incredible after applying this light-weight cream onto towel-dried hair. My hair is loving this new hair treatment by Shu Uemura Art of Hair and I am blown away by this line.

Natasha26

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:48 am

Hello everyone,

I am discovering the whole line of Shu Uemura Art of Hair line and I have only good hair days since using their shampoo, conditioner, hair and scalp treatment.

I just used the Shu Uemura Shusu Sleek shampoo for unruly hair and it really tames down frizzy hair. As you all know, people suffering from hair loss have very oily scalp but very dry hair ends. This is the perfect shampoo to remedy this problem. The interesting ingredient that caught my interest that is not present in other shampoos is Black Cumin oil which is brimming with healthy omega 3 6 and 9. Black cumin oil has been used since centuries for all types of health problems due to its incredibly high content of more than 100 vitamins, minerals and omegas.

It is also suggested for nourishing the scalp.

The other good thing about the Shusu Sleek shampoo is that it is paraben and silicon free like the Shu Uemura Cleansing shampoo. I can't wait to see the long term benefits of using this shampoo on my scalp. I will update accordingly.

Natasha26

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:11 am

Hi everyone,

I tried the rest of the Shu Uemura Silk Bloom line which includes the Silk Bloom hair masque which is targeted for damaged hair. It comes in a green pot and the smell is amazing. The masque is creamy but not runny and my hair feels firm and moisturised with this treatment which contains argan oil. I love the way it is making my hair feels.

Combined with the Silk Bloom shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment, I love the way hair feels to the touch.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm a sucker for things that smell amazing :D

Thanks for the updates 8)

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:27 am

Hi Jacob,

Me too I love my hair products to smell incredible and I just bought the Shu Uemura Moisture Velvet nourishing treatment mask and it smells and have the same texture as whipped vanilla cream.

The best part is that my hair becomes incredibly soft and velvety with the treatment plus the smell lingers in my hair all day. I am in love with the entire Shu Uemura Art of Hair line.

The Moisture Velvet line contains my favorite oil; Camellia oil.

I would say it is among the best hair care I have used because they use targeted ingredients for specific hair needs and the products deliver.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Have you tried any of the skin products from any of these companies you've used/reviewed? The Depsea Hydrability is something I'd love to try during these cold winter months.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 am

Hi Jacob,

No I haven't tried their skincare range yet but I will tell you my secret to beautiful skin. I use L'Occitane en Provence and it is the absolute best. I am using the whole of the immortelle brightening range and it can't get any better than that except for their divine cream.

It is botanical and some of the lines are biological with no nasty chemical at all. I read all the reviews before I bought the Immortelle range and everyone is raving about it. The best thing is in Mauritius it is cheaper than in the USA and Europe.

ALSTAIR
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by ALSTAIR » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:50 am

Argan oils are rich in vitamin E, which is an excellent antioxidant. The antioxidant protects the hair from free radicals and prevents any kind of damage by the environment. Many cosmetic chemical treatments like hair color, perming and straightening processes damage the hair and its structure. Argan oil has wonderful properties to prevent this kind of damage from cosmetic procedures on the hair. It can protect the hair against aggressive factors and helps in maintaining healthy and strong hair.

DorisTapper

Post by DorisTapper » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:49 am

That sounds really good, results are quite satisfactory. Even I have read about the product, any product of L’Oreal is made to be best with its mind blowing results.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:26 am

Which products are you referring to DorisTapper?