WAWAZA Japanese-Inspired Hair care

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

WAWAZA Japanese-Inspired Hair care

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:53 am

Hi everyone,

Like I was telling Jacob, I have been intending to do a Japanese-inspired hair care review since a while now. I have been completely fascinated and converted to this new hair care ritual which is new for me but time-tested for Japanese men and women.

There is all this hype about Argan oil being miraculous for the hair and can turn the most damaged hair into soft and silky hair. Well, I have used argan oil since last year and while it is good, does it live to its hype? The answer for me is no.

So I kept searching for a hair oil that would do just that and then I found out about camellia oil and how the Geisha used to apply this golden oil to their hair to have silky, long, strong and black hair.

I started using the WAWAZA Aya Japanese Camellia Hair and Body oil for my hair since a month and let me tell you I am obssessed with the Aya Camellia oil.

This oil is golden in colour and have a potent natural smell of cold-pressed camellia oil which I am loving for my scalp and hair care. Applied as a pre-shampoo, it not only detangles my hair but my hair does not tangle at all during shampoo.

I then apply it as a leave-in conditioner on my wet hair and my hair feels amazing. It has body and shine and it feels alive. I use it nightly as a scalp treatment and it just removes the gunk on my scalp and increases blood circulation. I believe

that the Aya Camellia oil is playing an important part in my hair recovery.

Along with the WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil, I am also using the Funori Japanese Seaweed Hair care powder in my shampoo and alone and I feel my hair is transformed into thicker hair strands with the seaweed organic powder.

These two products potent efficacy has me converted to the Japanese hair care ritual and now I am obssessed with Japanese hair care and skincare as well and I just use camellia for everything.

This oil is the most potent hair oil I have ever used and to date nothing can rival it. I am on my second 30 ml bottle of WAWAZA Camellia oil and I intend to continue to use it.

The company lives to its culture as their customer service is the best I have ever experienced. It accompanied me all through out my order and resolved any worries I had. So I highly recommend buying the camellia oil directly from them.

The link to the WAWAZA Camellia oil is below:

https://wawaza.com/products/Aya-Japanes ... y-Oil.html

Natasha26
Last edited by Natasha26 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: WAWAZA Japanese-Inspired Hair care

Post by Jacob » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks for the info- sounds interesting 8) I thought it was going to be a super-expensive product..but the price isn't that bad.

israelite
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by israelite » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:53 pm

What oils have u used? Does this Japanese oil make hair black? If I don't oil my hair a couple times a week my hair suffers.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Yes, for that quality, I think the price is very good value for money. Since I discovered camellia oil's magic, I have stopped using anything else for my body and face as well, it is all about camellia.

But I use the WAWAZA Camellia specifically for my hair. Now I think I understand why the Japanese have such beautiful, thick black hair. They have the camellia oil in their leading hair care and now other companies like L'Oreal is bringing that magical oil into their hair oil products like the Kerastase Elixir Ultime and Lazartigue Soins D'exception Tea oil Home Spa Duo.

The Japanese call the camellia oil Tsubaki and the Geisha used this oil for an all over beauty treatment from their hair to their face and body to keep their skin porcelain white. Apart from being highly nourishing, the oil has lightening properties probably by the high antioxidant contents.

Overall, it is currently my potent elixir in a bottle. The company is also eco-friendly and introduced the 100 ml bulk refill for just 34 USD which you can use to refill your bottle.

Natasha

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:07 am

israelite wrote:What oils have u used? Does this Japanese oil make hair black? If I don't oil my hair a couple times a week my hair suffers.
Hi israelite,

To answer your question, I have used every oil on the market from coconut oil, castor oil, argan, essential oils of rosemary, phytopolleine scalp elixir, phytonectar oil and while I have been satisfied with them, I never thought an oil could be so agreeable to use without that sticky oiliness that is often associated with oil application.

I cant stand to the claim that the oil make hair become black but I read that some users have said it reduced their grey hairs. Only time will tell with this one but I can testify that it makes hair incredibly soft, silky, reduce frizz and treat the scalp. I use it everytime I am going to wash my hair like a pre-shampoo treatment and as a night treatment and I feel the difference.

Previously, I was also using the Kerastase elixir ultime because it has camellia oil in it but it is nowhere near the WAWAZA Camellia oil. I felt certain when I first used the WAWAZA camellia oil that it was very potent and it should be effective because it has a rich golden color while other camellia oil are light which can mean they are modified either by heat or chemical process.

The camellia oil is very versatile as it can be used as an intense treatment for hair and scalp, as a conditioner after shampoo and as a daily leave-in conditioner to get that glossy enamelled look.

I just wonder why I havent known about this miraculous oil before. It is all about argan oil when argan oil cannot even begin to measure up to camellia oil. I think it is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy argan products and I am still mad I bought a 50 dollar hair mask of Moroccan oil which smells like perfume and is not natural at all.

israelite
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by israelite » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:31 am

Natasha26 wrote:
israelite wrote:What oils have u used? Does this Japanese oil make hair black? If I don't oil my hair a couple times a week my hair suffers.
Hi israelite,

To answer your question, I have used every oil on the market from coconut oil, castor oil, argan, essential oils of rosemary, phytopolleine scalp elixir, phytonectar oil and while I have been satisfied with them, I never thought an oil could be so agreeable to use without that sticky oiliness that is often associated with oil application.

I cant stand to the claim that the oil make hair become black but I read that some users have said it reduced their grey hairs. Only time will tell with this one but I can testify that it makes hair incredibly soft, silky, reduce frizz and treat the scalp. I use it everytime I am going to wash my hair like a pre-shampoo treatment and as a night treatment and I feel the difference.

Previously, I was also using the Kerastase elixir ultime because it has camellia oil in it but it is nowhere near the WAWAZA Camellia oil. I felt certain when I first used the WAWAZA camellia oil that it was very potent and it should be effective because it has a rich golden color while other camellia oil are light which can mean they are modified either by heat or chemical process.

The camellia oil is very versatile as it can be used as an intense treatment for hair and scalp, as a conditioner after shampoo and as a daily leave-in conditioner to get that glossy enamelled look.

I just wonder why I havent known about this miraculous oil before. It is all about argan oil when argan oil cannot even begin to measure up to camellia oil. I think it is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy argan products and I am still mad I bought a 50 dollar hair mask of Moroccan oil which smells like perfume and is not natural at all.
I'm going to purchase this next week.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Let me know how it works for you.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Here is some links on how to use the Wawaza Funori Japanese Seaweed Hair Powder and the Aya Japanese Camellia oil:

https://wawaza.com/products/Organic-Jap ... owder.html

I have been using the combo of these two marvellous Japanese ingredients as pre-shampoo treatment and I can see the difference in my hair; it is more shinier and stronger.

I will continue to use the Seaweed and Camellia to keep my hair healthy and prevent split ends. It is also nourishing my new hair growth. I just think about how Japanese men and women alike have wonderful hair and I feel like I know their secret hair weapons while using the Wawaza Camellia and Funori Seaweed powder.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:23 am

Hi everyone,

A quick update on the Wawaza Aya Japanese Camellia oil and the Japanese Seaweed Hair Cleanser Conditioner which I have been using weekly since last year. While my hair has turned a shining glory like the Geishas, it has improved in texture and thickness. I love the camellia oil, it does a world of good to the hair.

I still maintain that it is the best hair oil ever.

I will using the camellia oil and seaweed because as part of my hair regimen, they play an important role in keeping my hair healthy.

I am also interested in the other Japanese products that Wawaza offer such as skincare like Rica Bran oil, Nightingale droppings and facial brush. I would really feel like a Geisha if I used these products.

Here is the link to the Wawaza products as well as their very affordable prices:

https://wawaza.com/categories/Beauty-Pr ... red&page=2

Best
Natasha

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:00 pm

A Geisha? White make-up and all? :-k

That seaweed product contains a Laminaria..which we've discussed in these forums before.

Paula

Post by Paula » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:00 am

Greetings

this is my first posting. I was interested in using Wawaza Aya Japanese Camellia oil and the Japanese Seaweed Hair Cleanser Conditioner, I still would like to know if you need to use a shampoo, or. Could someone explain how it is used? As you can see I am in my 'infancy stage' in dealing with my hair loss. Basically, I have been using Viviscal for the past 4 months and I can tell that my hair is growing fast however I am still experiencing hair loss quite a bit. It is so frustrating. I guess the years of dying also made my hair briddle and liveless. So my regimen starting tomorrow is taking twice a day Visviscal, Biotin, Fish OIl, Rogaine (which I will start tomorrow!!!) and now I need a good 'shampoo'.

It seems that Wawaza Aya Japanese Camellia oil and the Japanese Seaweed Hair Cleanser Conditioner seems a good solution to get my hair shiny again and just stronger. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. :-({|=

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:42 am

Hi Paula,

You are right that these two products are very effective in strengthening hair.

Here is how to use the seaweed directly from the WAWAZA website:
How to use

Funori™ can be used in a variety of ways. The Japanese traditional method is to use it by itself as an all-in-one cleanser and conditioner. It can also be used as a deep treatment pack for treating dull or damaged hair. Also, it can be mixed with shampoo (for those who insist to have lather when they wash hair).

The following instructions are for shoulder length hair. Please adjust the measurements for your own hair length.

As Cleanser/Conditioner

Use instead of regular shampoo and conditioner.
1.Make a mixture

23010-funori-measure-1g-with-spoon.jpg Open one pack. Take about one gram (1/5 of pack) with a teaspoon

23010-funori-add-powder-to-hot-water-3.jpg
Add the powder to about 50 cc of hot water

23010-funori-mix-with-whisk.jpg
Stir and mix well till contents dissolve completely

2.Let the mixture cool down before using
3.Massage the mixture slowly into your hair and on your scalp as you would with regular shampoo
4.Rinse

As Deep Treatment Pack

Use as deep treatment pack to restore hair damaged by coloring or perm.
1.Prepare mixture as in above using about 1.5 grams of powder instead on 1 gram. This will make the mixture a little more like gel, so that it will not drip down your neckline when you apply it.
2.Shampoo hair as normal (without using the mixture)
3.Towel dry hair
4.Apply mixture to hair
5.Cover hair with cap for 15-20 minutes
6.Rinse

Mixed With Your Favorite Shampoo

If you like lather when cleansing your hair, or if you have a favorite shampoo you like to use, you can add the benefits of Funori™ Organic Japanese Seaweed Hair Care Powder by mixing it with shampoo.
1. Add a small amount of powder (about 1/2 gram) to your favorite shampoo
2.Shampoo hair as normal
3.Rinse

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:50 am

Here are the links:

https://wawaza.com/products/Japanese-Se ... ioner.html

For the camellia oil:

I love the WAWAZA Camellia oil and seaweed.

I tried the WAWAZA Rice bran oil and Nightingale droppings and I love both of them. The nightingale droppings powder I use as a face wash and my face is clear and less oily and the rice bran oil is perfect to treat dry winter facial skin.

I have also tried their makeup brush made of pure goat white goat fur. The brush is called Yoshiwara Japanese Medium Facial brush and it contours and highlights the face perfectly. I feel like a geisha while doing the nightingale droppings, camellia oil application and using the Yoshiwara brush. They are timeless things used centuries ago by Japanese women and I begin to understand why the more I use them.

https://wawaza.com/products/Yoshiwara-J ... Brush.html

Cheers
Natasha

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:51 am

Hi Paula,

Did my post help you in knowing how to use the Wawaza seaweed and camellia oil?

Please update us.

Thanks
Natasha