GP4G

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

GP4G

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Did a search for GP4G after seeing this line- http://www.tecnaprofessional.eu/2009/en ... tment.html

PDF http://gruppo-ortodermico.it/documenti/ ... 20GP4G.pdf

http://www.ehrs.org/conferenceabstracts ... achgar.htm
P10.134 GP4G stimulates human hair follicle cells metabolism and growth in organ culture

S. Lachgar, L.Fort-Lacoste, V.Ermosilla, M.Charvéron

European Research Center on skin, IRPF, Hôtel-dieu Saint Jacques Hospital, Toulouse, France

GP4G, or diguanosine-tetra-phosphate, a molecule extracted from zoo-plankton, is considered a precursor of ATP, and described to activate G protein in skin.

The aim of this study was to check whether this molecule can stimulate the metabolism of hair dermal papilla cells in vitro and hair growth ex vivo.

Anagen hair follicles were micro-dissected from the occipital region of the human scalp. Dermal papilla cells were isolated from these follicles and cultured. The effect of GP4G on cell metabolism was assessed by O2 consumption.

Hair follicles in organ culture were treated with GP4G at 5%, α-tocopherol-nicotinate at 100µg/ml or 24µM Minoxidil. Growth was measured during 9 days.

GP4G increased the proliferation and the oxygen consumption of cultured hair dermal papilla cells in a dose responsive manner. The % of increase of oxygen consumption compared to the control was about +40% and +100% in the presence of 1% and 5% GP4G, respectively.

Ex vivo, hair grew faster in the presence of GP4G at 5%. The mean growth rate at day 6/day0 was +110% for treated follicles with GP4G vs +17% for control follicles, +36% for minoxidil group and +20% for the group treated with α-tocopherol nicotinate.

The ability of GP4G to stimulate the metabolism of hair follicle cells in vitro and hair growth ex vivo demonstrates that hair follicles maintained in organ culture are able to respond to this metabolic promoter.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: GP4G

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Another that contains it: http://froika.com/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=2128

Ducray (at least one other product as well..a shampoo): http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com/p ... od=1600039

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Requested the ingreds for that latter line...got them pretty quick(not sure exactly which product it is for yet though):

Alcohol Denat,

Aqua,

Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract (Saw Palmetto),

PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,

Polysorbate 80,

Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract,

Malaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil,

Glycerin,

Artemia (Plankton) Extract (GP4G),

Tocpheryl Extract,

2-4 Diaminopyrimidine-3-Oxide( Kopexil),

Caffeine,

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract,

Panthenol,

Oleic Acid,

Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract,

Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract,

Hydrolyzed Soy Protein,

Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary ) Oil,

Lactic Acid,

Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Leaf Extract,

Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract,

Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract,

Betula Alba (White Birch) Juice,

Betula Alba (White Birch) Leaf Extract,

Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract.

John Yossarian
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by John Yossarian » Tue May 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Has anyone tried any of the products listed by Jacob? I've been in touch with someone from this the TecnaProfessional line, and it seems like it an interesting product. The only problem is that it might be pretty expensive to have it shipped to the U.S.

John Yossarian
Regular Poster

Post by John Yossarian » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:19 am

I'm planning on using one of the products mentioned above. I've decided to try more experimental products and this seems like an interesting one. I'm a little confused on how exactly it can stimulate hairgrowth, though. This isn't a growth factor product, is it? Could someone explain to me what it means to activate G protein in the skin?

John Yossarian
Regular Poster

Post by John Yossarian » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:13 pm

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I've been wanting to order a product from tecnaprofessional.com that contains GP4G, but I'm having problems ordering. Does anyone know what Codice Fiscale means? The ordering page says that one needs to put something in that box, but I have no idea what it means. I sent them an email asking for help, but they never responding.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:17 pm

It looks like only if you're from Italy should you have to fill that in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_fiscal_code_card
The Italian fiscal code card, officially known as Italy's Codice Fiscale, is the tax code card in Italy, similar to a Social Security Number (SSN) card in the United States. The tax code in Italy is an alphanumeric code of 16 characters. The card serves to identify unambiguously individuals residing in Italy irrespective of residency status. Designed by and for the Italian tax office, it is now used for several other purposes, e.g. uniquely identifying individuals in the health system, or natural persons who act as parties in private contracts.

John Yossarian
Regular Poster

Post by John Yossarian » Thu May 02, 2013 2:58 pm

I tried ordering again, but it still wouldn't let me. I sent them an email awhile back and they still haven't responded. I guess they just lost a potential customer. Oh well.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat May 04, 2013 5:29 pm

John Yossarian
Regular Poster

Post by John Yossarian » Tue May 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks Jacob. I think I might give one of these products a try. I wrote an email to the second link you posted asking about the ingredients list, I'm hoping I get a response soon. If not, I might give it a shot anyway. It's not very expensive.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue May 07, 2013 3:53 pm

If that's the one with "Dynagen" in it as well..that ingred and others from the same company look good:
http://online1.ispcorp.com/en-US/Pages/ ... rdId=53222

The other hair products are listed in the menu on the left.

John Yossarian
Regular Poster

Post by John Yossarian » Thu May 30, 2013 5:08 pm

I ordered and received the product from Ducray, but the bottle doesn't even have the ingredients list on it. I had to send someone an email to get the ingredients and here they are :

Aqua, alcohol denat, biotin, lactis proteinum, hydrolyzed yeast protein,
artemia extract, panthenyl ethyl ether, inositol lactose, acetyl methionine,
sodium citrate, citric acid, glycerine, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil,
menthol, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate,
linalool, limonene, alpha-isometyl ionone, citronellol, geraniol, hexyl
cinnamal, eugenol, benzyl, salicylate, parfum, C.I. 18050.

Most of these ingredients look like absolute garbage, I don't think they're even useful for hairloss. I'm not sure whey I posted the list here so I apologize. I guess I'm just pissed off that I spent money on this product. Oh well.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Hey John..any update with this?

I don't think the ingreds list is THAT terrible. If it's got the active(s) being discussed here along with some others..

John Yossarian
Regular Poster

Post by John Yossarian » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Jacob,

I never used the product. After discovering the ingredients list I foolishly threw it away, and I now regret doing that. I think I'm going to order the product again.

I would really like to try out the product from tecnaproffesional,com, but I'm still unable to order from the site.

Have you tried any of the products yet?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:41 pm

You could have put it on Ebay or something :lol:

No, I haven't tried any in this thread yet. I did just send an email to Tecna- even gave them a link to here. Hopefully they'll respond via email or
even here.

John Yossarian
Regular Poster

Post by John Yossarian » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:42 pm

I found another product that contains GP4G. The product is called Capillary Hair Falling Prevention Serum and it's from the company Maria Salome. I don't know much about the company and the page for the product doesn't show the ingredients list. I sent them an email asking bout the ingredients list, but I haven't received a reply yet.

Here's the link in case anyone wants to take a look: http://www.mariasalome.com/index.php/en ... -anticaida