Adenosine for hair loss

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Tricia
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Adenosine for hair loss

Post by Tricia » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:13 pm

I think there might be something to this. I know IGI Inc. is working on a similar hair loss product. Shiseido is a very well respected cosmetic company (i.e. expensive) . It's not a snake oil company. I would give this one a try. I'm not saying it will work, but I'll try it.

The Japanese cosmetic manufacturer Shiseido announced it has discovered a hair growth property of adenosine...

(2004-12-11)

The Japanese cosmetic manufacturer Shiseido announced it has discovered a hair growth property of adenosine, one of the in vivo substances that exist in the human body. Research shows that adenosine directly affects hair papillae, a key in hair production; consequently, the output of FGF-7, a hair-growth factor, is increased, according to Japan’s Corporate News. Based on this discovery, the company has developed a hair growth substance, Adenosine, and has received approval as an active ingredient for medicated cosmetics from the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. The company plans to launch Adenogen, a hair-growth product for male-pattern baldness, March 21, 2005.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Great find

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:37 am

My_username, awesome find!

Hopefully this will be an effective treatment. I'd like to see pictures from the trials. I wonder how stringent Japans Ministry of Health is when it comes to testing...

We'll soon find out I guess. Hopefully this will not go the way of some of the fads we've seen over the last few years, like TB4.

Regards,
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Sam

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:39 am

I'm sure they are approaching this one like a cosmeceutical and not a drug. But, maybe that's not a bad thing. I think drug companies abandon hair loss drugs because it's too expensive to test. With a cosmeceutical, you just have to prove it's safe (not effective). If it's not too expensive, I'd give a shot anyway.

Has TB4 been abandoned? The last I heard from Regenerx they were testing to see how well it worked for people and that wasn't too long ago. Have you heard something negative about it?
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:59 pm

No I haven't heard anything new about TB4, but I'm very skeptical about it now because if it did indeed provide any additional benefit that the already established treatments don't provide I think we would have heard a lot more by now....

That's my current opinion anyway. I hope I'm wrong. ;)

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:58 pm

TB4 hasn't even been "released" yet....so not sure how it can be a fad. I think it looks promising- but I think the final products will have more in it than just TB4 as the active ingredient.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:57 pm

When it first was brought up as a potential treatment there was a lot of hype surrounding it. I could have gotten some, but I would have had to fork out money to "try" it, and it was all cloaked in secrecy.

I hope that I'm wrong with my gut feel on it, but at the moment I just don't think it'll be anything big.... plus I thought you had to keep it frozen for it to maintain consistency.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:06 am

My_username, thanks for posting this one. I'm going to use this as a news item in the main site, with credit to you for bringing the information to us.

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:02 am

Yeah..there are reasons I didn't end up trying it out in the end myself. Having to make your own topical and store it correctly etc were just some of the reasons why I decided to just wait until Lee's Pharm comes out with their product or another company does so.