New treatment coming out called Spectral.F7 containing astressin-B

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

cloud9
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

New treatment coming out called Spectral.F7 containing astressin-B

Post by cloud9 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Their is a new topical coming out soon called Spectral.F7 that contains astressin-b from DS Labs . If this is for real its the best news I have heard in a while concerning hair treatments . Ive been hearing that Astressin-b can grow hair . Is this what we have all been hoping for ?
Here is their web site dslaboratories.com/home.php#

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: New treatment coming out called Spectral.F7 containing astressin-B

Post by Jacob » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Watch..it won't be available in the USA..or not right away. I haven't checked..wonder if the others(the TB4 one, etc) have become available yet....

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Don't think it will be 5 years down the road like all the other regrowth cures .

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:27 pm

:lol: let's hope not!

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by Alex Summers » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:24 am

Jacob,

If you're referring to the Japanese product containing TB4, it still isn't available yet. The person I've been in contact with told me he would notify me as soon as it's available to the U.S. or other countries. I should be hearing back really soon based on his emails.

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 am

I found this posted on another site . Looks interesting .

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/09/20/392395 ... first.html
Divine Skin (DSKX) Introduces First Topical Hair-Growth Treatment with Astressin-B Peptide

By Divine Skin Inc. Published: Tuesday, Sep. 20, 2011 - 5:23 am

MIAMI BEACH, Fla., Sept. 20, 2011 Divine Skin Inc. has announced the release of the first topical hair-growth treatment based on astressin-B, a peptide newly discovered to regrow hair on bald mice. Divine Skin becomes the first biotech developer to synthesize and commercialize the peptide for human use in a cosmetic product, to be marketed as Spectral.F7 under the DS Laboratories brand.

"Astressin-B is a very complex peptide that is difficult to synthesize," said Divine Skin CEO Daniel Khesin. "So we are especially excited that the resulting product will be reasonably priced as well as cutting-edge, considering the extraordinary development schedule and cost."

Astressin-B sparked extensive media coverage worldwide and excitement around the biotech industry after a clinical study, conducted by the University of California Los Angeles and the Veterans Administration, was published in February. By applying the peptide (a protein fragment) subcutaneously to mice that had gone bald due to overexpression of stress hormones, scientists showed that astressin-B blocked receptors for corticotropin-releasing factor, involved in the stress response, and led to hair regrowth.

"We think this technology is years ahead of its time," continued Khesin. "It could provide significant benefits to many of our hair-loss customers. Spectral.F7 is another direct result of our relentless commitment to bring the latest technology to market first and always."

Spectral.F7, a booster that can be combined with other treatments or used alone, should begin shipping in October. It comes less than two months after Divine Skin introduced Nanoxidil, a new molecule designed to stimulate follicles at the vertex of the scalp and surpass minoxidil for efficacy and tolerability.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/09/20/392395 ... z1YYnk9tRw

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Alex Summers wrote:Jacob,

If you're referring to the Japanese product containing TB4, it still isn't available yet. The person I've been in contact with told me he would notify me as soon as it's available to the U.S. or other countries. I should be hearing back really soon based on his emails.
Actually it's another Divine Skin product: http://www.polarisresearchlabs.com/nr-09.php

If this latest DS product also contains minox...forget 'em.

But yeah..still interested in that Japanese product. Did you ever find out if they have a license agreement or ? with Lee's Pharm or something?

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:23 am

This is great news.

IT would be interesting to get Dr Y's take on this devlopment?

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:33 am

It looks like that Polaris Research topical with TB4 also contains Minoxidil. Dammit! I'm tired of companies adding Minoxidil to their products.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:01 pm

I wrote DS Laboratories an email this morning asking them about their new product, Spectral-F7. They wrote me back this afternoon. Pretty good customer service.

Anyway, they said that Spectral. F7 doesn't contain Minoxidil, and they provided an ingredients list. The ingredients list is below:

INGREDIENTS: DI WATER, ASTRESSIN B, PROHAIRIN-BETA 4, LECITHIN, GHK-CU, SODIUM OLEATE, GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:14 pm

when will this be released?

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Alex Summers wrote:I wrote DS Laboratories an email this morning asking them about their new product, Spectral-F7. They wrote me back this afternoon. Pretty good customer service.

Anyway, they said that Spectral. F7 doesn't contain Minoxidil, and they provided an ingredients list. The ingredients list is below:

INGREDIENTS: DI WATER, ASTRESSIN B, PROHAIRIN-BETA 4, LECITHIN, GHK-CU, SODIUM OLEATE, GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL
Did they say how much Astressin-B was in Spectril F7 ?

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:45 am

Cloud9,

No, they never mentioned how much astressin-B is in it. I'll write them another email and find out. I'll keep you and the forum updated on any new information I get.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:09 am

I guess what should be asked is what makes them confident that this method of application will yield results because as far as I am aware any trials that have been carried out which yielded positive results were conducted on mice and they had it injected.

I hate to put a negative spin on this but keep in mind that this is not the first time that a company has taken a concept and run with it based on hype to turn in a profit.

I feel I should post a link to a non profit research group which are carrying out some research on the affects of astressin-B

http://www.hairloss-research.com/

Please pay particular attention to the comments and reply by Jason Wats MD (researcher)
http://www.hairloss-research.com/astres ... -parcel-b/
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:51 am

Yeah, this product isn't looking too good after clicking, and reading, that link that Fizzball supplied. Based on what I read there doesn't seem to be any proof that astressin-b will work if applied topically.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:09 pm

IF you think about it logically this product is likely to be adjunct alongside a topical which stimulate hair.

It attempts to help the sterss response which changes as we age however there is still an immune factor to be addressed.

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:44 am

This treatment may be affective with derma rolling . Getting Spectral 57 to penetrate the skin is a question DS. Labs will need to answer. Its suppose to go on sale in two weeks . We will see .

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:28 am

Here is some qestions and answers about Spectral.57

Spectral.F7
Frequently Asked Questions:

The introduction of Spectral.F7, a new topical hair-growth booster, was met with both excitement and skepticism, which included questions about the authenticity of the astressin-B contained in it. DS Laboratories is the first biotech developer to synthesize and commercialize the astressin-B peptide for human use in a cosmetic.

Indeed, the astressin-B contained in Spectral.F7 is authentic. The DS Laboratories team of chemists worked quickly to develop it, and the company invested heavily to introduce it first. Spectral.F7 was released less than a year after publication of the peptide’s role in hair growth.

Below, DS Laboratories answers some frequently asked questions.

1. How does astressin-B work when applied topically?

The exact mechanism of action of many compounds is not yet known, and the establishment of efficacy standards requires further clinical testing. Even the widely used agent minoxidil, employed for 30 years now, works by a mechanism of action not yet fully elucidated. When astressin-B first appeared in the scientific literature, associated with hair regrowth in mice, DS Laboratories added the peptide to its ongoing internal program of screening topical compounds with hair enhancement potential. Preliminary results for the peptide were favorable, so the company made it available to benefit customers. DS Laboratories believes that astressin-b will prove to be a useful topical therapy for many.

2. How can DS Laboratories make this costly peptide available commercially?

DS Laboratories specializes in commercializing research compounds, precursor chemicals, and other difficult-to-source materials to formulate its dozens of unique, high-performance treatments for hair, scalp, and skin. In the case of astressin-B, the company committed sufficient resources to achieve good economies of scale in both materials and manufacturing. Early demand for Spectral.F7 has justified this investment, and the company’s rapidly expanding global distribution network will enable further cost control in the future.

3. How well can astressin-B penetrate scalp, given its high molecular weight?

In several DS Laboratories products, proprietary encapsulation techniques enhance the absorption of materials deep below the surface of the skin. Spectral.F7 employs Nanosome encapsulation plus two auxiliary peptides that also facilitate absorption of astressin-B and increase its stability in solution. Even in free form (aqueous solution without penetration enhancers), trials have found that astressin-B produces results. While the exact mechanism of action behind the benefits may require more research, the mission of DS Laboratories is to bring beneficial products to consumers as soon as safety and efficacy are established.

4. Is this the same astressin-B as used in the published studies?

Yes, Spectral.F7 contains true astressin-B, which is a peptide (protein fragment) with an acetylated N-terminus, an amidated C-terminus, and a lactam bridge containing over 30 amino acids. DS Laboratories’ astressin-B is made to exceptionally high levels of purity.

5. How can Spectral.F7 be available already?

While many brands are planning to begin research on what may become a product some time in the future, DS Laboratories has an astressin-B topical booster on the market today. How? Because at the core of the DS Laboratories mission is to innovate, to operate at the cutting edge, and to improve quality of life for its customers.

6. What is the concentration of astressin-B in Spectral.F7?

Spectral.F7 topical treatment contains 15 parts per million or 0.015g/L of astressin-B in solution.

7. How do I store Spectral.F7?

For optimal long-term storage of Spectral.F7, keep it above 4°C (39°F) and below 26°C (79°F). The solution should never be stored below 4°C (39°F) or above 26°C (79°F).

8. What is the best way to use Spectral.F7?

While Spectral.F7 offers good efficacy as a stand-alone therapy, it is intended primarily as a booster to be used in conjunction with other modalities of treatment, such as minoxidil, finasteride, procyanidin, etc. Spectral.F7 boosts overall efficacy by exerting an additional mechanism of action on hair. Men and women newly concerned about their hair or just beginning treatment for it can use Spectral.F7 to help manage scalp problems.

9. What are the advantages of Spectral.F7 over other treatments?

Spectral.F7 is pleasant to use and uniquely free of side effects because it contains no solvents other than water. The treatment strategy works by increasing overall scalp health, so every user, regardless of duration or type of problem, can benefit.

10. What about future research involving astressin-B?

Most of the research planned for astressin-b involves systemic use as an oral or injectable medication. More treatments, developed and marketed as drugs, may appear in coming years. Spectral.F7, however, is a cosmetic treatment available today.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:37 am

So the reason some have been saying it can't be used topically or doesn't work topically...is because of the "size"? Well if I'd known THAT :roll:

georgex6
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by georgex6 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 am

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:29 pm

cant say im too excited about this. :-({|=

bmartin1134
Treatment Regimen: DMSO/ Allantoin / Phosphatidylserine Daily in the morning

Post by bmartin1134 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Ive been doing a regime with Phosphatidylserine to replace the astressin-b. PS is small enough to be carried transdermally. So far so good.

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:48 am

bmartin,

Does the DMSO give you "garlic" breath? I've always shied away from it as a carrier because of reports of this.

Would you suggest another carrier?

bmartin1134
Treatment Regimen: DMSO/ Allantoin / Phosphatidylserine Daily in the morning

Post by bmartin1134 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:30 pm

davetherave -

I only noticed it at first but I am a smoker as well. My GF notices more than I do but it generally goes away within a 15 mins. If you wanted to use another transdermal carrier just find one that can carry compounds with a molecular weight of at least 400 g /mol. Phlogel comes to mind. There are some others but I cant think of their names. DMSO is also beneficial because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. When inflammation occurs in us the body releases oxidized oxygen to clean and disinfect itself. Normally this is ok but in cases of chronic inflammation the surrounding cells are killed off as well. If inflammation is occurring in the hair follicles for a long period of time our bodies will slowly oxidize the follicle to death.

Why do I always feel like I am rambling.

-Brad

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Liposome/nanosome type vehicles \:D/

Welcome to the forum Brad..if I haven't welcomed you already.

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:15 am

bmartin1134 wrote:davetherave -

I only noticed it at first but I am a smoker as well. My GF notices more than I do but it generally goes away within a 15 mins. If you wanted to use another transdermal carrier just find one that can carry compounds with a molecular weight of at least 400 g /mol. Phlogel comes to mind. There are some others but I cant think of their names. DMSO is also beneficial because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. When inflammation occurs in us the body releases oxidized oxygen to clean and disinfect itself. Normally this is ok but in cases of chronic inflammation the surrounding cells are killed off as well. If inflammation is occurring in the hair follicles for a long period of time our bodies will slowly oxidize the follicle to death.

Why do I always feel like I am rambling.

-Brad
Hi bmartin . Tried to get you over at baldtruth . What ingredients do you use and how do you make it ? May give this a try .

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:30 am

I have emailed divine skin and asked abour astressin b and nanoxidil and they replied saying you should use them together,so why did they not mix the products together or was that to make more $$$$$$? :-" =;

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:09 am

T
doke wrote:I have emailed divine skin and asked abour astressin b and nanoxidil and they replied saying you should use them together,so why did they not mix the products together or was that to make more $$$$$$? :-" =;
Had they mixed them together into one product, they would lose business from people like me who do not wish to use any minoxidil based products in their regimens. Also, perhaps they are not stable over long periods of time when combined?

I'm really hoping this is a good product.

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:52 am

Swoosh wrote:T
doke wrote:I have emailed divine skin and asked abour astressin b and nanoxidil and they replied saying you should use them together,so why did they not mix the products together or was that to make more $$$$$$? :-" =;
Had they mixed them together into one product, they would lose business from people like me who do not wish to use any minoxidil based products in their regimens. Also, perhaps they are not stable over long periods of time when combined?

hi swoosh im not talking about minoxidil im talking about there new nanoxidil which is supposed to be better why not mix that all in one? but ds want you too use the two products as been said just assressin-b is no good on its own. :-({|= :-"

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 am

doke wrote:
Swoosh wrote:T

hi swoosh im not talking about minoxidil im talking about there new nanoxidil which is supposed to be better why not mix that all in one? but ds want you too use the two products as been said just assressin-b is no good on its own. :-({|= :-"
Because it is still essentially an oxidil and whatever they do to it many will still feel its toxidil... In other words many feel that minoxidil has a detrimental affect on your health and I imagine that nanoxidil being a better delivery system will only exacerbate the problem.

On a whole I think this company is leading the market on theory crafting, they have not shown any signs of improvements in terms of what these products can offer in the real world yet they theoreticise that these products/compounds/technology must be good based on external research carried out by other members both in the scientific world or otherwise of which they have no affiliation with at all.
Guaranteed that if someone could prove that grounded up sheep droppings could grow a hair or two on a basic level this company would market it in some way shape or form.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Because it is still essentially an oxidil and whatever they do to it many will still feel its toxidil
:lol:

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:33 am

Yeh i wonder whether its a drug though like minox is or a natural substance. :-"

rodannr
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: Propecia is my main treatment right now, I'm looking for options, hope to find them here,

Post by rodannr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:42 am

Hi all,

I've been reading a bit about astressin-B, this is from Hair Loss Research web page:
Results (ongoing): The efficiency of the compound decreased as the CRF levels increased. We estimate an overall 24% decline from the lowest CRF Expressing group to the highest. -3% from P-B1 to P-B2, -5% from P-B2 to P-B3, 7% from P-B3 to P-B4, 9% from P-B4 to P-B5. This progression is not surprising at all and was fully expected.

Side Effects: (ongoing) Sub-control group P-B5 and P-B4 subjects showed mild signs of increased saliva production, very mild hypersomnia was also registered curiously on P-B4. So far we have not registered additional side effects on this parcel.
I do not understand much, what is CRF?

At least, the compound does not appear to cause any major side effects.
Rod Nimb - Doing what I can to stop hair loss

rodannr
Treatment Regimen: Propecia is my main treatment right now, I'm looking for options, hope to find them here,

Post by rodannr » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:36 pm

anybody about the CRF?

thanks in advance! :D

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Corticotropin-releasing factor
Corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) signaling pathways are involved in the stress response, and there is growing evidence supporting hair growth inhibition of murine hair follicle in vivo upon stress exposure. We investigated whether the blockade of CRF receptors influences the development of hair loss in CRF over-expressing (OE)-mice that display phenotypes of Cushing's syndrome and chronic stress, including alopecia. The non-selective CRF receptors antagonist, astressin-B (5 µg/mouse) injected peripherally once a day for 5 days in 4–9 months old CRF-OE alopecic mice induced pigmentation and hair re-growth that was largely retained for over 4 months. In young CRF-OE mice, astressin-B prevented the development of alopecia that occurred in saline-treated mice. Histological examination indicated that alopecic CRF-OE mice had hair follicle atrophy and that astressin-B revived the hair follicle from the telogen to anagen phase. However, astressin-B did not show any effect on the elevated plasma corticosterone levels and the increased weights of adrenal glands and visceral fat in CRF-OE mice. The selective CRF2 receptor antagonist, astressin2-B had moderate effect on pigmentation, but not on hair re-growth. The commercial drug for alopecia, minoxidil only showed partial effect on hair re-growth. These data support the existence of a key molecular switching mechanism triggered by blocking peripheral CRF receptors with an antagonist to reset hair growth in a mouse model of alopecia associated with chronic stress.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi ... ne.0016377

rodannr

Post by rodannr » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:28 am

Thanks jacob!!!!

Feefee777
Treatment Regimen: Spectral F7

Post by Feefee777 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:41 pm

Been using Spectral F7 for about a month and half. No change at all. Has anyone had any luck?

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by ChuckP » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Does this product have to be used everyday?

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:44 am

Yes it must be taken daily.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Bump for any updates. Amazing how time flies......

I was looking into this http://www.unionchemical.com.tw/mana_ph ... ircare.pdf which I thought this product contained..but I don't see it now in the ingreds list. Someone posted it elsewhere that it contained it...

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Jacob wrote:Bump for any updates. Amazing how time flies......

I was looking into this http://www.unionchemical.com.tw/mana_ph ... ircare.pdf which I thought this product contained..but I don't see it now in the ingreds list. Someone posted it elsewhere that it contained it...

Seems to me that there must be a lot of very hairy mice around