PHYTO-STEM Anti-Alopeciaging Serum

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

PHYTO-STEM Anti-Alopeciaging Serum

Post by Jacob » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: PHYTO-STEM Anti-Alopeciaging Serum

Post by Jacob » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Our Anti-Alopeciaging Serum is a concentrate of powerful plant active ingredients that serve the purpose of purifying the scalp of all the accumulated toxins by penetrating the follicle only with natural and organic ingredients, stimulating the vascular system (thanks to Coffee, Mate, Black Pepper and Centella extracts), protecting your scalp from free-radicals (Astaxanthin, Grape, Tomato, Ginseng, Elderberry extracts ...) and providing it with nutrition (Blue-Green Algae, Seabuckthorn extracts, Magnesium, Tocopherol...). Moreover, the Serum is formulated with three extracts of Plant Stem Cell which contain the highest concentration of active principles : Grape Stem Cell, Lilac Stem Cell and Burgundy Lace Stem Cell, the last two targeting 5α-reductase.
Ingredient list; Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice*, Propanediol (Maize), Glycerine*, Ethanol
(Fruit Alcohol)*, Ethyl Palmate*, Aqua (Water), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Panax Ginseng
Root Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Oil, Ilex paraguarienses (Yerba Mate)*, Coffea
Arabica (Coffee) Fruit Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida (Mekabu Seaweed) Extract*, Magnesium Sulfate,
Aronia Melanocarpa (Chokeberry) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra (Elderberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium
Myrtillus (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple)
Extract, Chitin (Mushroom), Beta-glucan, Hibiscus Esculentus (Hibiscus) Seed Extract, Daucus Carota
(Black Carrot) Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape Stem
Cell) Fruit Cell Extract, Centella asiatica (Asiatic Pennywort) Extract, Isomalt, Malus Domestica (Apple
Stem Cell) Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Xanthan Gum, Hibiscus Esculentus (Hibiscus) Seed Extract,
Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica
Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac Stem Cell extract) Leaf Cell Culture Extract,
Schizandra Chinensis (Schisandra Berry) Fruit Extract*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract,
Ginko Biloba Extract*, Methyonine, Ganoderma Lucidum (Red Reishi Mushroom) Extract*, Chlorophyll*,
Spirulina Maxima Extract*, Aphanizomenon Flos-aquae (Blue-Green Algae)*, Hydrolyzed Simmondsia
Chinensis (Jojoba) Esters, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Esters, Lepidium Meyenii (Maca) Root
Extract*, Tetrahydropiperine (Black Pepper), Haematococcus (Red Algae Astaxanthin), Phycocyanin
(Spirulina Arthrospira Platensis), Ajuga Reptans (Burgundy Lace Stem cell) Cell Culture Extract,
Arginine, Acetyl Tyrosine, Arctium Majus (Burdock) Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Calcium
Pantothenate, Zinc Gluconate, Niacinamide, Ornithine HCl, Citrulline, Glucosamine HCl, Biotin,
Lecithin, Tocopherol.
* from Certified Organic Farming

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2% 2x/week started on May-2011.
Finasteride 1.25g 6x/week started Oct-2011.
Minoxidil 5% 7x/week started on Nov-2011.

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:00 pm

iaykes!
220$ for 50 ml, that better do magic!

I looked at the site but I couldn't see anything. Do they claim any results? Any study done by a 3rd party?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:34 pm

They sent me some before/after pics..these were salon results..sounds like they might use a galvanic device or something. They did say spending some time rubbing it in should be fine. http://tinyurl.com/682lv23 Not sure what's going on with the third one...banged his head or it's a scar from ___________. The others have a bit longer hair so it's a bit hard to tell imo.

Here's one of their hair loss pages: http://www.phyto-stem.com/web/HairLossTheory.aspx

Love the ingreds list...just wish it were cheaper. I asked them how long a container lasts.. "Depending on your scalp's condition and hair thinning/balding stage, two to four drops of serum on your scalp as often as you shampoo your hair is the ideal amount of Serum to use. This will give you an approximation of how long the Serum will last. If you shampoo every second day then you should get 3 to 4 months out of a bottle. If you are at an advanced stage, then we would recommend to use the serum on a daily basis."

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Similar to S Footes theory of lymph drainage.

I think its a great theory - one factor of a few things which are going on no doubt.

Regard
Pete

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Jacob wrote:They sent me some before/after pics..these were salon results..sounds like they might use a galvanic device or something. They did say spending some time rubbing it in should be fine. http://tinyurl.com/682lv23 Not sure what's going on with the third one...banged his head or it's a scar from ___________. The others have a bit longer hair so it's a bit hard to tell imo.

Here's one of their hair loss pages: http://www.phyto-stem.com/web/HairLossTheory.aspx

Love the ingreds list...just wish it were cheaper. I asked them how long a container lasts.. "Depending on your scalp's condition and hair thinning/balding stage, two to four drops of serum on your scalp as often as you shampoo your hair is the ideal amount of Serum to use. This will give you an approximation of how long the Serum will last. If you shampoo every second day then you should get 3 to 4 months out of a bottle. If you are at an advanced stage, then we would recommend to use the serum on a daily basis."
Jacob, that link to the before/after pics is not working. Can you please repost?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:33 pm

I think you may have to have a Google email account to see them. I can try uploading them when I have more time..if you're still
not able to see them.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Is ANY one able to view these links that I post via Google?

Phyto-Stem
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Phytostem Stem Cell Serum every day once a day. 5 Drops rubbed well into the scalp with vigorous pressure.

Post by Phyto-Stem » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi Guys, I am the formulator for Phyto-Stem. Thanks for visiting the sight and for your emails Jacob. We are in the development stage of the full Brand at the moment so a few things are not fully finished.

I am a Trichologist and qualified in 1986. You can check out my credentials on http://www.phyto-stem.com/web/OurFounder.aspx .

We have been undertaking very serious Salon trials (http://www.abache.com) for a few years now and honing the Serums to the stage that we are now really happy with the results but we see them as part of a Hair loss prevention Strategy and not as a "Miracle Cure". The photos that we sent you Jacob, were of existing Clients and really for our own internal reference as you can't really believe photos of anything today (Photoshop).

We have a male and a female version of the Serums as the two types of Hair loss between the genders are uniquely different. We have Plant Stem Cells in the formulations which have greater anti-alpha 5 reductase ability than that of Finasteride and Saw Palmetto... but if you look at my theories you may appreciate that I am not a great believer in this being the sole cause of Baldness. It is instead only one of the waste products that challenge the viability of scalp skin.

Have a look at http://www.phyto-stem.com/web/HairLossTheory.aspx In particular view the second slide and you will be surprised at the correlation between the lymphatic system and pattern hair loss. Remember that you vascular system brings oxygen and nutrients to the follicle but it is your lymphatic system that will take away the majority of waste i.e.Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). The Lymphatic System is basically your scalps sewer system.

Lymphatic Drainage massage of the scalp is really important on a daily basis and the Lymphatic system (unlike the vascular system) has no pump of its own. In fact, its flux (Flow rate in fluid dynamics) is approximately one 500th that of the scalps vascular flow rate. Therefore its ability to remove waste from the extra-cellular Matrix around the scalp follicles is one 500th as good as the capillaries can bring oxygen and nutrition... and testosterone.

DHT is a natural hormone in the body and has functionality above and beyond the follicle so the idea of blocking it across your entire body just because you want to reduce it in you scalp skin is not really appreciating the incredible complex symphony that hormones play in the body. The scalp skin is 80 times more porous than the skin on the rest of your body so targeted trans-follicular deliver systems are far more healthy and effective at delivering actives to the sight where you want them and not down in the rest of your body where the hormones are doing all the right stuff.

As for the price of the Serums, Jacob... some of these Stem Cell Extracts are costing me $3,500 per Kg. Saw Palmetto is cheap... the plant stem cell fermentation methods can deliver me 1000 times high titre than that which I could achieve from the raw biomass of the original plant. It also gives me a patented cell line that produces the exact same titre of active ingredient every single time at a pharmaceutical grade. I can't put what you need into a formula at a price point that makes everyone happy. It either has to be at functional label claim levels or not. It will either work and you have to pay for it, or it won't and no one will buy it again.

I've been in the Hair business for over 30 years and these formulas are the sum total of my learning up to date. Keep an eye on the sight as we are continually working on it. You may be interested on my theory on High Energy Visible Light Spectrum and Scalp Aging... I am writing it up today so hopefully put it up on line this week. You see there is a lot more to Hair Loss than DHT.

Cheers, Peter Francis

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:04 am

Hey Peter, cool of you to drop in 8)

I'm with you on the DHT issue. I've never taken Fin or Dut and am not too crazy about certain naturals taken internally that work in a similar fashion.

Am I correct about you using some type of galvanic device with the salon treatments? Is the topical more of a liquid...or gel?

On the pictures, one thing I wish companies would do is follow up(if possible) and take additional pictures later on in the future months/years.

Thanks for the additional info, and please post when you have that theory/article up on the site. Thanks 8)

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2% 2x/week started on May-2011.
Finasteride 1.25g 6x/week started Oct-2011.
Minoxidil 5% 7x/week started on Nov-2011.

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 am

Jacob wrote:Hey Peter, cool of you to drop in 8)
+1

I find it commendable when someone behind a product is able to put his neck out and talk with his possible customers, especially in a snake oil industry as this one.
We have Plant Stem Cells in the formulations which have greater anti-alpha 5 reductase ability than that of Finasteride and Saw Palmetto
I tried finding more info on this but I didn't find really much on it. Could you out a scientific article on this, it will for certain have some numbers which can make it clear how much better it is.

I would love to see some pictures and some hair count numbers (hopefully counted with those automatic machines).
Can't you put online some pics with the faces covered with black squares?

Is it a hair loss stop product or can we see some regrowth? How much?

Regarding your theory, I can't comment much but there are some points which I disagree.
On your slides you say it hasn't much to do with the vascular system, but minoxidil works exactly that way.

May I ask where did you gather that information regarding the amounts of sebum production?

If you could update your slides with references to scientific articles backing up your claims regarding (1) the ability of stem cells to lower 5a-reductase and (2) the amount of sebum production, it would make your claims more robust. As for the lymphatic system theory, it's a theory and the human anatomy models help support it... However!
a) If the lymphatic system goes up all the way in the back of your head, why does one ends up with baldness that stretches up to half of the back side of your head.
b) I have huge amounts of sebum production. I am a diffuse thinner (now with much of my hair gone). What gives?

Thank you very much for your time.

By the way:
http://www.phyto-stem.com/web/StemCellS ... aging.aspx
Server Error in '/web' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

katerina78
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by katerina78 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:26 pm

PHYTO-STEM Anti-Alopeciaging Serum has side effects from daily use ?

katerina78

Post by katerina78 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:46 pm

i have bought PHYTO-STEM Anti-Alopeciaging Serum and i use one week now, every night.
But today i have headaches and nausea. sorry for my poor english

katerina78

Post by katerina78 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:47 pm

and numbness in the head. so im afraid and i stop it

Phyto-Stem
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Phytostem Stem Cell Serum every day once a day. 5 Drops rubbed well into the scalp with vigorous pressure.

Post by Phyto-Stem » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm with you on the DHT issue. I've never taken Fin or Dut and am not too crazy about certain naturals taken internally that work in a similar fashion.

Am I correct about you using some type of galvanic device with the salon treatments? Is the topical more of a liquid...or gel?

On the pictures, one thing I wish companies would do is follow up(if possible) and take additional pictures later on in the future months/years.

Thanks for the additional info, and please post when you have that theory/article up on the site. Thanks 8)
Hi Jacob, I have completed the portion on my sight discussing UV Radiation and inclusive of my perspective on High Energy Visible Light Spectrum... I hope you find it interesting.
http://www.phytostem.com/web/UVLightandSkinAging.aspx

Phyto-Stem
Occasional Poster

Post by Phyto-Stem » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:03 pm

katerina78 wrote:and numbness in the head. so im afraid and i stop it
Hi Katerina,
I am sorry that you have stopped using the serum. Last time we communicated you were planning on using it less frequently.

As I have shared with you previously, I am surprised to hear of your experience whilst using the Anti-alopeciaging serum. May I share with you that this is the first time we have every had any type of negative reaction in the history of these serums (3years). We understand that any individual may have sensitivity to any number of natural or synthetic ingredients so we do not deny that it may be possible but I would say that it is most unusual.

In our In-Salon programs we use a double strength serum and infuse it deep into the scalp with an oxygen pressure pulse up to twice a week with no negative reaction on any client. In addition, all of these clients use the serum in conjunction with the deep infusion, so they are achieving substantially higher doses than you are delivering on your own scalp. Please give the serum a break for a few weeks and then try again and see if it may have been something else creating your numbness.

Phyto-Stem
Occasional Poster

Post by Phyto-Stem » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Phyto-Stem wrote:

Hi Jacob, I have completed the portion on my sight discussing UV Radiation and inclusive of my perspective on High Energy Visible Light Spectrum... I hope you find it interesting.
http://www.phytostem.com/web/UVLightandSkinAging.aspx
Sorry Jacob, I missed the bit about the "Galvanic Device".

I have a TV interview on http://www.todaytonightadelaide.com.au/ You need to search the archives and "Hair Loss Treatments".

It is not a paid for segment as you will tell by the interview but you will see the equipment that we use and you will see an interview with one of my Female Clients who is a medical practitioner herself. Any form of advanced delivery system may help with Transfollicular penetration. The serums are slightly positively charged so galvanic will have favourable results.

Occulsion with Glad Wrap (Cling Wrap, etc) the type you would use to cover your food in the fridge, will be good with a warm damp towel over the top of it, so that you create a mini sauna on your scalp would help substantially if people wish to give themselves an extra boost. The scalp has approximately 500 Sweat Glands per square centimeter as well as the 800 follicles so all of these tiny orifices will absorb the serum through the lining of living cells.

Phyto-Stem
Occasional Poster

Post by Phyto-Stem » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 pm

lost.hair.lost.youth wrote:
+1

I find it commendable when someone behind a product is able to put his neck out and talk with his possible customers, especially in a snake oil industry as this one.
We have Plant Stem Cells in the formulations which have greater anti-alpha 5 reductase ability than that of Finasteride and Saw Palmetto
I tried finding more info on this but I didn't find really much on it. Could you out a scientific article on this, it will for certain have some numbers which can make it clear how much better it is.

I would love to see some pictures and some hair count numbers (hopefully counted with those automatic machines).
Can't you put online some pics with the faces covered with black squares?

Is it a hair loss stop product or can we see some regrowth? How much?

Regarding your theory, I can't comment much but there are some points which I disagree.
On your slides you say it hasn't much to do with the vascular system, but minoxidil works exactly that way.

May I ask where did you gather that information regarding the amounts of sebum production?

If you could update your slides with references to scientific articles backing up your claims regarding (1) the ability of stem cells to lower 5a-reductase and (2) the amount of sebum production, it would make your claims more robust. As for the lymphatic system theory, it's a theory and the human anatomy models help support it... However!
a) If the lymphatic system goes up all the way in the back of your head, why does one ends up with baldness that stretches up to half of the back side of your head.
b) I have huge amounts of sebum production. I am a diffuse thinner (now with much of my hair gone). What gives?

Thank you very much for your time.

Hi lost.hair.lost.youth,

Thanks for your comments on my contribution.

Firstly to your question: Is it a hair loss stop product or can we see some regrowth? How much? It is definitely aimed at regrowth. I believe that we can revert hair loss back to a normal state of scalp cover if we get in early enough before there is a great deal of scalp damage from UV Radiation. We still get good results on very bald long term Clients but it is just harder work and a longer process. Women generally are much easier than men. Smoker... forget it! Bad diet... it is a difficult struggle but achievable, but if your serous about growing your hair back you need inside help and outside help so your dietary habits are important.

Minoxidil is a vascular dilator as you are no doubt aware. This will increase the ability to get blood closer to the Extra-Cellular Matrix (ECM) on the scalp (the stuff between the blood vessels like the follicle structure). In theory when using Minoxidil, this extra blood flow would also increase the flow of testosterone to the follicles also, and therefore an increased ability for the formation of dihydro-testosterone. In turn, this would accelerate hair loss... but we know the opposite occurs with Minoxidil use in many patients.

Why in my opinion? We understand that over time arteries can become blocked. We have heard about Plaque in the vascular system etc... well, if plaque can block an artery then imagine what it can do to a micro-capillary! These microscopic vessels are the source of nutrients and oxygen to the follicle cells and the entire ECM. So Minoxidil helps to clear the pipes so to speak.

This increase in vascular flux (flow rate) in the micro-capillaries has an equivalent positive effect on the flux (flow per unit area) rate within the Lymphatic System. The Lymphatic Vessels are your ECM's Sewer System, but unlike the vascular system which has a heart to pump the fluid around the body, the Lymphatic system relies on ECM positive pressure (like in swelling of an injury or burn) or physical body movement (Muscular contraction). There are no muscles across the top of the scalp, only a big tendon with adjacent muscles up the side and the rear of the scalp.

This process subsequently increases the ability of the micro-lymphatic vessels (made exclusively of Elastin) to take away waste from the ECM. This cellular waste is inclusive of dihydro-testosterone. So effectively we must view the scalp and follicles holistically and review all components of the pilosebaceous unit as one biome.

We must evaluate all challenges to that biome and counter these challenges. These challenges are accumulative over an individual's life time. Some individuals have a less robust follicular biome genetically... in a similar way that some people are prone to Varicose Veins, Spider Veins, or Chilblains, which are all indicate a genetically fragile vascular system. This is why my theory of Pattern Thinning is not all about Testosterone... obviously Female Pattern thinning can't be explained away with Testosterone and Alpha 5 Reductase, but many women find success with Minoxidil.

The trouble is if you keep on relying on medication you fail to assess all other components that accelerate the challenges in the scalp biome (see my section on High Energy Visible Light Spectrum and UV Radiation http://www.phytostem.com/web/UVLightandSkinAging.aspx), or you may find my page on Glycation very interesting reading http://www.phyto-stem.com/web/Glycation ... Scalp.aspx .

This Glycation process is a major concern for the aging of face and scalp skin. Most interesting is that people have not really comprehended that the scalp skin aging has a major ramification for the face skin aging and in particular the forehead, around the ears, and in the neck. Protecting only the face skin from UV Radiation will mean that your scalp skin will sag causing wrinkled forehead in the same way as if you had stockings on that were firm at the knees but had lost their elasticity on the thighs and waist... very saggy knee caps. :)

You may appreciate what a life time of sun-baking can do to a person's face skin, but what about someone's scalp skin. UV Radiation breaks down ECM Proteins like Collagen and Elastin. Collagen and Elastin make up the vessel walls of you blood circulatory system and Elastin makes up the walls of the Lymphatic vessels. The Scalp skin represents 80% of the skin on your head so a 1% sag in scalp skin will manifest itself as a 2-4% face skin sag. If you think about it... a face lift is really a scalp lift!

Think about what most men do when their hair starts to thin out. They crop it short and go out and get a tanned scalp... wrong! This will accelerate your hair loss massively... think Glycation, Glycation, Glycation!

It is importance to note that Melanin pigment in dark black-brown hair is eumelanin pigment. In blonde and red-brown hair it is pheomelanin. Eumelanin pigment is a chromophore (a molecule that absorbs certain wavelengths of visible light and transmits or reflects others) for High Energy Visible Light Spectrum and also UVA and UVB. Mother Nature's perfect scalp protector for those individuals who evolved in hotter climates like Africa, India or Asia.

Pheomelanin doesn't absorb UVA, UVB or High Energy Visible Light. It is a Chromophore for the red spectrum of Visible Light and therefore a red haired person is Red because their pheomelanin reflects red visible spectrum light energy. Pheomelanin offers no protection against UV Radiation penetrating to the scalp, which is fabulous if you are a Scotsman who needs to make Vit D very quickly as there is not much sun in that part of the world, but it is disastrous for the scalp viability of a blond or red head who lives in California with the convertible sports car. Evolution didn't plan for migration or convertibles.

My Serums are formulated with good nutrition, vascular stimulation, high level anti-oxidant free radical scavenging ability in both the oil and water phases, matrix metalloproteinases blockers, Alpha 5 Reductase blocking (Male version only), anti-glycation actives, anti-inflammatory plant ingredients, stem cell cellular growth stimulants, etc, etc, but very importantly NO BIOCIDAL PRESERVATIVES. They don't have UV Protection in the sense of 100 SBF Factor, but if you read my section on UV Radiation you will discover the inconvenient truth about Sunscreens and sunscreen does not mix too well with hair doo!

In relation to your question a) If the lymphatic system goes up all the way in the back of your head, why does one ends up with baldness that stretches up to half of the back side of your head. As you know there are very many variations on pattern thinning but they are similar in manner, in that they are all symmetrical in nature, as are our vascular and lymphatic systems. I do not mean to say that the vascular system is not vital, it is, but it is not solely the answer to removing waste (DHT) from the ECM, and only particulate matter below 10 nanometres in size can reenter the vessel walls of the blood circulatory system... everything else must return to the blood system via the lymphatic system.

Given that we understand the symmetrical nature of the Lymphatic System and its absolute mirror to pattern thinning, it stands to reason that genetically people have slightly varied lymphatic vascular blueprints. This architecture varies by genetic heredity I believe, as I note that many Mediterranean male scalps tend to experience Hair loss very low down on the rear of the scalp and interestingly it appears to me to be a larger percentage of say Greek an Italian women suffering hair loss (no studies, just my observation). Having said this, we can still see examples of all manner of typical patterns across all races and all continents.

To answer you other question b) I have huge amounts of sebum production. I am a diffuse thinner (now with much of my hair gone). What gives? In general Androgens control the production of Sebum. Some people produce more and some less. My Sebum Graph http://www.phyto-stem.com/web/HumanSebu ... Graph.aspx illustrates the effect menopause has on the sebaceous gland. Why is this important to your hair loss? The more lipids you have on your scalp the greater load of lipid peroxidation.

Rancid lipids (caused by free radicals from UV Radiation exposure) are another accumulative waste product for the pilosebaceous unit. In particular, UVA and High Energy Visible Light Spectrum radiation oxidises lipids in the sebaceous Gland and lower portion of the follicle as this longer wave radiation has the ability to penetrate deeply below the epidermis, whereas UVB oxidises lipids on the skin's surface only. UVB only penetrates to the depth of the epidermis ~0.15mm thick.

Anti-oxidants in the oil phase are the only choice of defence against lipid peroxidation. Our body produces Vit E in Sebum to protect against this natural process of oxidation but there is only so much Vit E, so the more free radicals the more waste is produced and if you don't have enough free radical scavengers then the lipid peroxidation increases. Women produce Estrogen which is a natural free radical scavenger but androgens have no scavenging ability. This is why post menopausal women age so much quicker than when there estrogen levels are high before age 45.

Eating Semi-dried tomatoes in Olive Oil (lycopenes), or Carrot juice (carotenoides), pink salmon (Astaxantin), are great natural sources of Oil Phase free radical scavengers.

My Anti-alopeciaging Serum http://www.phytostem.com/web/StemCellSe ... aging.aspx has many wonderful oil phase free radical scavengers like Astaxanthin, alpha and beta carotenoids and Lycopene.

Here is some research on the stem cells. We are waiting on some permissions to publish a few more on our web site.
http://www.patents.com/us-7718199.html this is the link to the Stem Cell Patent with all of its anti-alpha 5 reductase info.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 5202008481 "Structure–activity relationships for inhibition of human 5α-reductases by polyphenols" , is also a good peer reviewed study on plant Polyphenols and Alpha5 Reductase.

http://www.folikul.com/Polygonum%20Multiflorum.pdf

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 3508001638

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7575552 Selective inhibition of steroid 5 alpha-reductase isozymes by tea epicatechin-3-gallate and epigallocatechin-3-gallate.

This last one gives some good dietary alternatives also so that we can eat to assist in maintaining our hair growth. Green tea, Pomegranate, Cranberries (Delphinidin), Mango (Lupeol), Strawberries (Fisetin). It sounds like fruit smoothies and green tea every morning is the right choice. O:) These are article researching the relationship between prostate cancer and Alpha5 Reductase but we can get the big picture from them.

I am building the picture library and I will publish many photos in due course on the website. I will let you know when I get them up.

The Sebum Research can be found on this link. This is only one of several references over the years but it is a good one: *(Source: Journal of Investigative Dermatology (1974) 62, 191–201; doi:10.1111/1523- 1747.ep12676783 ENDOCRINOLOGIC CONTROL TO THE DEVELOPMENT AND ACTIVITY OF THE HUMAN SEBACEOUS GLAND Peter E Pochi and John S Strauss) http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v62/n ... 17546a.pdf

Sorry about the links on the sight. The sight and the Brand is a continual work in progress. So sometimes we need to alter a link. Here are the two links below:
For Male Hair Loss: http://www.phytostem.com/web/StemCellSe ... aging.aspx
For Female Hair Loss: http://www.phytostem.com/web/StemCellSe ... pecia.aspx

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Hello Peter..first, I edited your post so it's easier to read and changed "Jacob" to "lost.hair.lost.youth" since that's who you were actually responding to on the last one there.

The page(s) on UV etc was very interesting. I don't know if it's because I'm using FireFox or what..but at the bottom of some of the pages it'll say "To ready the complete story on UVB html." ..with nothing to click on that I could see.

Would this product make any sense in place of a galvanic device? http://teispa.com/shop/hair/hairsonic.html

Phyto-Stem
Occasional Poster

Post by Phyto-Stem » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:58 am

Jacob wrote:Hello Peter..first, I edited your post so it's easier to read and changed "Jacob" to "lost.hair.lost.youth" since that's who you were actually responding to on the last one there.

The page(s) on UV etc was very interesting. I don't know if it's because I'm using FireFox or what..but at the bottom of some of the pages it'll say "To ready the complete story on UVB html." ..with nothing to click on that I could see.

Would this product make any sense in place of a galvanic device? http://teispa.com/shop/hair/hairsonic.html
Hi Jacob, Thanks for reading the UV Pages. I will ask my web designer to make these link active on all browsers. I think that anything that aids an assist scalp movement or energy LLLT, etc, will be of some assistance. I hope that my answers to your questions were not too long winded but this is a complex area to discuss so I needed to do your question justice. Did you have a chance to view the video on the Today tonight show? It shows the system really well but I think you will find the guy after me interesting in his vigorous condemnation of all things non him. He actually uses my Plant Stem Cell face serums in his Cosmetic Surgery Practice but he is not going to tell national TV that one! :)

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Some of us love detailed responses 8)
Yeah..I saw the video. Interesting contraption there. I was surprised to see how dark the topical was..but I guess that shows it's not watered down. Something on my possible "to try" list down the road. Gets more interesting the more I read though.

Phyto-Stem
Occasional Poster

Post by Phyto-Stem » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:59 am

Jacob wrote:Some of us love detailed responses 8)
Yeah..I saw the video. Interesting contraption there. I was surprised to see how dark the topical was..but I guess that shows it's not watered down. Something on my possible "to try" list down the road. Gets more interesting the more I read though.
Hi Jacob, The equipment has too purposes.

The first stage is to exfoliate the scalp to expose the mouth of the follicle. This is especially important for longer term hair loss where the scalp has the appearance of onion skin (shiny Bald). This appearance is created by a follicle plug of sebum and keratinocytes in the mouth of the dormant follicle. It is difficult to remove due to the nature of the follicle. It is a little like a blackhead but without the oxidation colour as it is usually covered with layers of synthetic build up (silicone I suspect) from shampoos and conditioners. We use a dermabrasion device with a vacuum to achieve this because it sucks away the debris whereas simple exfoliating tends to just polish the surface.

The second stage equipment pulses the serum into the scalp and simultaneously moves all of the lymph around in the scalp. It feel pretty good after because it is quite invigorating.

I have put two new lightbox images/page up on the http://www.phytostem.com/web/UVLightandSkinAging.aspx . If you follow the link and just go to the last two frames you will see the new ones. The last frame may interest a lot of your members because they can assess their own UV Scalp exposure risk times based on Skin Colour, Hair Colour, Geographic Origins and Minutes of Exposure time. I hope you like it.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Anyplace in the USA using that system with your product(s)?

10-20 min for me :| ..I do take "Fernblock" which helps quite a bit. Other things too that boost SOD etc. I'm not the sun-bathing type though.

Phyto-Stem
Occasional Poster

Post by Phyto-Stem » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Jacob wrote:Anyplace in the USA using that system with your product(s)?

10-20 min for me :| ..I do take "Fernblock" which helps quite a bit. Other things too that boost SOD etc. I'm not the sun-bathing type though.
Hi Jacob,
We haven't release outside of the Salons as yet. We have been in some early negotiations with a global network of Spas and Salons who use such equipment however we think that it will first be rolled out in Australia to settle any distribution issues and then we will take it further. I will keep you posted if I do get something established in the USA.

Interesting thing about Fernblock is that there is a suggestion that I have read that says that it offers a sun protection SPF of about 3...now that doesn't sound much but if you take another look at my graph on Sunscreen Protection Slide 9 and 10 ( http://www.phytostem.com/web/UVLightandSkinAging.aspx ) you will see that at an average use level (as opposed to a required use level) a factor 50 SPF sunscreen only offers a protection factor of SPF 2.7. I think keep taking Fernblock based on this evidence.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:49 pm

katerina78...any updates? Did you use it less frequently for awhile or ?

To Peter Francis/Phytostem...are there any problems if the product should freeze?

Edit..I would say there would be if any of the ingreds are encapsulated. But maybe it can be shipped w/out having it freeze :-k

Phyto-Stem
Occasional Poster

Post by Phyto-Stem » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi Jacob,

We do freeze/thaw testing for all of our products.

As we use high levels of glycerine in the product to avoid the requirement of perservatives, the glycerine lowers the freezing temperature substancially and therefore it is highly unlikely that, in any perceivable normal shipping environment, the product would reach a frozen state.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks for the reply...sounds good. Has there been any change in the ingredients list? Not that it would need it..just curious.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:33 pm

bump

Not sure if this is from the interview mentioned above: http://www.7perth.com.au/view/today-ton ... -hairloss/

ukmale
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Finateride (Finpecia) - 1mg every morning
Nizoral - EOD
Natural shampoos and conditioner - EOD

Post by ukmale » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:52 am

These are some questions I emailed Phyto-Stem and Peter Francis' replies:-

In relation to the lymphatic system theory in regards to MPB, why do women not get hairloss? Because they still produce testosterone. (I asked this because I wanted to know why women's lymphatic systems could flush out DHT but not men's)
If we view aging and accelerated aging as the cause of a deteriorated Lymphatic System we may understand that this occurrance can be equally as damaging to Women as it is to Men. I do not see Testosterone as the single cause of Male Pattern Thinning or Female Hair loss but rather see the inability of the lymphatic system to remove waste byproducts form normal cellular activity in the scalp as the cause. It is the gradual tapering of the viability of the Vascular and Lymphatic system within the scalp skin that my theory of Hair loss is centered around. Please see some small snipets form an article below for a more scientific explanation... Journal of Dermatological Science (2007) 47, 241—243 Reduction of lymphatic vessels in photodamaged human skin:

"Lymphatic vessels play a crucial role in the maintenance of tissue fluid homeostasis." The study was on 17 healthy Korean volunteers in Seoul National University Hospital 2007. To investigate the consequences of chronic UVB irradiation of human skin on cutaneous lymphatic vessels. "This analysis confirmed that the density of lymphatic vessels was significantly decreased in photodamaged facial skin (53% decrease for grades 4—5 and 47% decrease for grade 6—7) as compared to non-photodamaged facial skin (grades 1—3; Fig. 2). No significant differences of the lymphatic vessel density in non-sunexposed buttock skin were found between the three groups, and the vessel density in facial skin without photodamage was comparable to the lymphatic vessel density in the buttock skin. The pronounced decrease of lymphatic vessels observed in severely photodamaged facial skin suggests that impairment of lymphatic function might contribute to the mediation of cutaneous photodamage. Thus, the decrease of lymphatic vessels in chronically photodamaged human skin might lead to impaired tissue drainage of fluids and proteins that have extravasated due to the UVB-induced leakage of blood vessels. The exact cellular and molecular mechanisms responsible for the decrease of lymphatic vessels in photoaged human skin remain to be elucidated. Because the endothelial cells of cutaneous lymphatic capillaries are attached to interstitial collagen and elastic fibers via fibrillin-containing anchoring filaments, degradation of elastic fibers in chronically UVB-damaged skin likely leads to reduced attachment of lymphatic endothelium to the extracellular matrix and thus might lead to rarefication of lymphatic vessels."

Why do some men not get any hairloss at all?
Why do some people get varicose veins and others do not? All of these represent factors that contribute to tendency to chilblains and varicose veins including a familial tendency, poor circulation, anemia, poor nutrition, hormonal changes, some connective tissue disorders etc. Some people are predisposed due to their heritage. In the case of the scalp we have environmental factors such as Solar Radiation, Hair Colour and Hair Density as thick black hair will absorb all UVA, UVB, High Energy Visible Light and some Infra Red damaging solar radiation. Thick Red or blonde hair will not.

Could you also let Peter Francis know that I agree that minoxidil lets in more testosterone which can be detrimental, and for this reason I've stopped using minoxidil as i felt further progression with my hairloss. Does he think that blood thinners like ginseng or gingko work the same way?
Vascular Dilation is helpful to some degree however without the corresponding lymphatic drainage taking away waste from the interfollicular extracellular matrix you will still not improve the viability of the scalp skin to grow or maintain hair. The Vascular and Lymphatic Systems work synergistically. One provides the oxygen and nutrition and one gets rid of the majority of the waste. Blood Thinning is likely to create vascular incontinence in a challenged or photodamaged scalp rather than a healthy exchange of oxygen and nutrition. The entire follicular support system needs to be nurtured and up-regulated.

Has there been any change in the ingredients list since first advertised?
The formulations are constantly evolving. We have just added a new mushroom compound called Pleurotus Eryngii enriched with vitamin D Ergocalciferol.

I suppose in relation to the first question, I'm still confused as to why female hairloss isn't at the same level as men's. Does it just mean females have healthier lymphatic systems than men?
I will email back with the question. I really wanna give this stuff a go but i want to make sure i'm not spending money on something that will not make any difference at all. Oh and if there's any UK customers like myself, I asked about shipping and it's $30 australian dollars.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks for dropping in ukmale..and a good question/answer post! Thanks for throwing my question in there as well 8) That mushroom extract looks good..I've seen it in hair related supplements.

ukmale
Occasional Poster
Nizoral - EOD

Post by ukmale » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 pm

No probs! In my latest email I asked why men and women's skin other than the scalp age the same but men's scalps age quicker if it is largely due to environmental factors. I also asked how important is environmental factors compared to genetic predisposition, as i've seen family members with the same pattern hairloss who live different lifestyles. Hopefully they'll respond, they haven't failed to thus far, and I mentioned I'm a member of hairloss forums and others are keen to try this product.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:31 pm

I wish he'd come back here to respond..unless he was told not to :-s

ukmale
Occasional Poster
Nizoral - EOD

Post by ukmale » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:49 pm

He should do, he could use this as a means of getting more customers. If they respond, I'll point him back here.

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by ChuckP » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:36 pm

I bought this and have been using it a week now.....its says use morning and night. You can use this in the morning it smells like %&$!!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Hey Chuck..good to see someone using it finally...please keep us updated. I'll assume you meant you *can't* use it in the morning because of the smell..

But yeah..I can imagine it's got a strong herbal smell or even something else. I recall one of Elsom's smelling like gun powder :shock:
If I end up using it and it smells that strong..I'd rub it in good(with the Hair Sonic) and then wait as long as possible before doing a quick rinse or even mild wash. Then use a good smelling gel like Lamas' or Andalou's..or spray like Rephair. Extra cologne just to be on the safe side 8) I've had to do those things with some of Elsom's topicals.

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster

Post by ChuckP » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:54 am

LOL yeah I meant you Can't use it in the morning....the smell reminds me of bad baby food....the directions say use 2-5 drops and on the package it looks like someone wrote 1-2 drops morning and night but if you want to use it everywhere on your scalp you have to use at least 4-5 drops.

ukmale
Occasional Poster
Nizoral - EOD

Post by ukmale » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Got a reply to my last email:-
I am still confused as to why female hair loss is not as damaging or extensive as male hair loss. Does this mean that females have a healthier, stronger lymphatic system than men? If so, why does their skin other than their scalp age at the same rate as men's?
Women produce Estrogen from puberty until menopause in large quantities. Estrogen is a natural free radical scavenger and also quenches Testosterone so therefore no problems with DHT Toxicity in the follicle. Almost all women after the age of 45yrs will tell you that their hair was much more glowing, thick and radiant in their youth. Most will tell you that their hair is half as thick as it was when they were young. This diffuse hair loss in women is common across the majority of women. Check the graph on my web site to get an understanding of what post-menopausal effect there is on the hair follicles oil production. http://www.phyto-stem.com/web/HairLossTheory.aspx With the tapering of the oil product their is a tapering of their hair production. Once multi-hair shaft follicles revert back to pre-pubescent single hair follicles. The level of Vit E in their skin also tapers with the oil production (Sebum contains Vit E) and therefore their skin becomes more exposed to free radical damage.
Unfortunately your assumption that women 's skin ages at the same rate as men will be denied by every 55yr old woman. Men maintain their hormones at similar levels up until their 70's and experience accelerated aging after this period where it happens at a much earlier age for women. So in fact women's skin is generally much better than men's skin up to menopause and then women experience much faster skin and scalp aging. A face lift is actually a scalp lift so you may be able to appreciate that the scalp sags at a very fast rate in women which leads to sagging forehead and sagging around the ears and sides of the eyes.

would he say that genetic predisposition is the main cause as to why lymphatic system fails to flush out DHT and other materials, and environmental factors are a small part? As I often see male members of the same family with the exact same pattern of hair loss yet they lead different lifestyles. For instance, if I assumed my pattern of hairloss was going to be the same as my dad's or my uncle's, would taking extra care of my scalp, eating healthier, exercising more, would that make MUCH of a difference if my genetics mean my hairloss would follow the same pattern as others in my family?
The genetic factors in hair loss have been widely attributed to the females side of the family, so you would need to look at your mother's father rather than your own if this is to be believed. Having said that I have seen your description of hair loss in the family very often, which points to an ambiguity in the Genetic Balding gene theory. The key to this question is would it make MUCH difference? Please consider it by way of example of varicose veins. If your parents had bad veins and you do nothing, you are highly likely to get the same condition. If you do all the wrong things like eat badly, get overweight, stand on your feet all day and carry heavy loads you will amplify the condition of varicose veins. If you do the right things like wear supportive socks and foot ware, have a great diet and don't put on weight, the outcome should be very different. Such is true with hair loss. The more you chanlange your scalp skin with Solar Radiation and synthetic chemical, smoking and poor diet the more amplified your loss and at an earlier stage in life. The opposite is true with having a good diet, healthy practices and minimal Solar Radiation will maintain and support the vitality of your scalp to produce hair.
I really wanna order some. it's a hefty price to pay for something that will only last 2-3 months max. although that's including delivery. if delivery was cheap i wouldn't be so bothered. & i'd most likely have to pay customs charges on top when it arrives.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:44 am

I just received my Phyto-Stem 50mL serum direct from australia.

couple of questions..

1. Are there any distributors in North America that might make this more affordable and quicker shipping?
2. The instructions say 2-5 pumps per application (day and/or night).. how many mL's does this account for? if i apply 1x night, will 50mL even last 1 month? 2 months?
3. how does the cold affect the serum? i know this was briefly answered above with regards to glycerine in the formula.. but what i'm concerned with is during shipping and receiving. Does the cold affect the serum?
4. IF new hairs are regrown, is use of Phyto-Stem's serum required to maintain these reborn follicles?
5. Is there any chance of getting a discount for HLF members? discount for 2 or 3 purchases at once?
6. Are there any further documented results from use of this?
7. Would micro-needling help/increase absorption of the serum?

it'd be great if Peter Francis could provide more info ..

thanks in advance, much much appreciated.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Hey SW2..it's been awhile :shock: How are things going?

I asked about #1..dunno if it's in this thread..and was told it's not available around here yet. I think he said "yes" to #7...or at least it was regarding the Hair Sonic- anything that would help with absorption. Hopefully he'll pop in here again.

BTW..how would you describe the smell?

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:28 pm

Answers from Phyto..

1.We only have PHYTO-STEM in Australia as yet.
2. There are 220 pumps in thes stem cell bottle.
3. The cold does not affect the serum in a negative way at all. In fact keeping in a cool dry space will keep the product more fresh.
4. I would recommend using the serum even when the new hairs come through, it will keep the process going and keep the hairs healthy and thick.
5. We would most definately offer a discount if you were to purchase 3 items at one time.
6. We have not shared photos of previous clients as yet, as clients are still a little wary of others seeing their before shots as you can imagine!
7. In regards to micro-needling, if you would like to do that, that is entirely upto you, the stem cells are what we call Transfollicular penetration, which means they are built to penetrate on their own.

Jacob, things are good. I'm currently using the Phyto-stem serum and i do like it. It's only been 2 weeks, but i have high hopes for this.. and it's been awhile since i've been really excited about that. I've been using and will continue to use ********** as i really like the ingredient list, as well as dealing with ********* on particulars is excellent. Mechanical massaging to increase blood circulation is also a hot topic, and i have been doing this for quite some time.. early results of this,******** and Phyto are really good so far. No, not in regrowth yet.. but definitely in a reduction of daily hair loss, increased scalp mobility and overall health. I'm planning on keeping with this routine for a few months.. so i'll check in once in a while and update if results begin to show.

as for the smell.. hmm.. kinda smells like smashed berries and grapes? i don't know how to describe it, but it's not so horrible.. just so awesome haha. Anything new you've been trying?

cheers,

SW2

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm

I've been using that Hair Sonic..which I guess would be considered "mechanical massaging". I use it for morning shampoo'n as well as applying certain topicals.

Sorry for the censoring..but those clowns tried to take over this place(and I'm being serious) and then left when that didn't work out too well. They're not exactly welcome at some of the other sites, either.

Glad you're liking the Phyto-Stem...and glad it smells a bit better than how the other poster described it 8o

rocco

Post by rocco » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:45 am

Any update on this?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:49 pm

I was wondering about that myself. Not sure why SW2 hasn't mentioned his use of it in at least one other forum I've seen him at. But maybe I missed it....

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:44 am

Anybody use this with positive results?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Bump

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm

i tried one (1) bottle of this last year.. no change.. no results.. but that was just my own trial.. perhaps i didn't give it an honest go.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:56 pm

I had forgotten the ingreds list for this one :shock:

SW2..if you're around..how long did that bottle last you/how long did you use it for? And ChuckP?