Fruit Stem Cells- Shampoo

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Fruit Stem Cells- Shampoo

Post by Jacob » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 pm

http://andalou.com/index.php/haircare/f ... ampoo.html

Apple Fruit Stem Cell Cultures (malus domestica): Derived from an extract of a rare Swiss apple. Protects longevity of skin stem cells and repairs skins DNA by renewing dormant cells, repairing damaged cells, and regenerating healthy cells.

Grape Fruit Stem Cell Cultures (solar vitis): Derived from an extract of a grape from the Burgundy region of France; helps skin 'copy' itself to grow new skin and to protect against stress and aging factors by renewing dormant cells, repairing damaged cells, and regenerating healthy cells.

BioActive 8 Berry Complex: Provides a potent portfolio of super antioxidants to combat environmental stressors, support cell turnover, increase collagen and elastin, and strengthen dermal immunity with a certified organic blend of Acai Berry, Aronia Berry, Bearberry, Bilberry, Black Elderberry, Goji Berry, Rosehips Berry, Sea Buckthorn Berry with Bilberry Fruit Stem Cell Cultures.

Certified Organic Aloe Vera (aloe barbendensis): Polysaccharides best prepare, soothe, oxygenate, and replenish, providing the optimal dermal delivery for our active ingredients.
Also a styling spray with those ingreds: http://andalou.com/index.php/haircare/s ... spray.html

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Phytocelltec Botanical Stem Cell Shampoo

Post by Jacob » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Phytocelltec Botanical Stem Cell Shampoo

http://www.andrewalkerhair.com/Phytocel ... hampoo.htm

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Fruit Stem Cells- Shampoo

Post by Jacob » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Free shipping on the one in the first post(Andalou)..this weekend. Other places do sell the product(s) as well..but I didn't see free shipping.

Looks like I'll be trying out the shampoo and spray :-s

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:27 pm

The Andalou shampoo is 8) The spray isn't bad either..but the Lamas gel is still my favorite.

Corvus
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Theraneem Scalp Therape Shampoo daily
Nanoscalp - 1x daily
Saw Palmetto/Astaxanthin combo - 200 mg twice daily

Post by Corvus » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:01 am

Nice find, Jacob. Does the Andalou product contain the Phyto stem cells or ?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Saw your post so asked them....yep, it's Phytocelltec. Good to know \:D/

Corvus
Occasional Poster
Nanoscalp - 1x daily

Post by Corvus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Excellent. Just placed an order. How are you liking the shampoo so far?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Have no complaints at all. Does a decent job of thickening things up...could easily be in the top 5 of my favs..especially for the price.

rmbiplob

Post by rmbiplob » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 am

Is it true...then i have to placed an order for myself.Anyway thanks man.

Corvus
Occasional Poster
Nanoscalp - 1x daily

Post by Corvus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Jacob...

Came across another fruit stem cell shampoo...

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/product ... rod3120581

Granted, I haven't been able to find an ingredients list...but, it might be worth a go at $6.99 for a 12.5 ounce bottle.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Good find..it'd be interesting to see the ingreds list. Can't seem to get the one for the Andrew Walker one either. I was told it's on the website...I don't see it. I suppose it's right there in front of me :-s

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by Alex Summers » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:16 am

Do think that these fruit stem cells shampoos will help with hairloss, or will just make the hair thicker?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:01 pm

I think they can "help" with hairloss..but on their own probably not much. But who knows- you're hydrating your scalp and leaving it on for a bit..things do get absorbed. And it doesn't pay to use something like this unless you can keep it on your scalp for a good 3+ minutes..imo.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:44 am

I started using the Andalou shampoo a few weeks ago, but I don't know if I'm going to use it anymore. I've been leaving the shampoo on the scalp for a few minutes hoping that it would help, but it seems to be burning my scalp. Does anyone else have this problem?

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:52 am

Alex Summers wrote:I started using the Andalou shampoo a few weeks ago, but I don't know if I'm going to use it anymore. I've been leaving the shampoo on the scalp for a few minutes hoping that it would help, but it seems to be burning my scalp. Does anyone else have this problem?
That might be a good thing. Lamas use to give me a burning sensation to. But I think it might be a anti-bacterial, or inflammation reaction. If you can I would stick with it for a week to see if it goes away.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:51 pm

No reaction here..and I too like to leave these things on for awhile. You could try using it less frequently at first....not leave it on so long..etc.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:47 am

Andalou also has a serum that contains the same ingredients as the shampoo.

Here's the link: http://andalou.com/index.php/quick-shop ... serum.html

edit: I just realized that this isn't a hair serum, it's a serum for the face. Sorry for the misinformation.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:46 pm

They do have styling creams with the ingreds...well the stem cell and many others at least. All of them here are 25% off at the moment..I think for the whole month of Sept: http://andalou.com/index.php/haircare/m ... -rich.html

There are some skin products in that line as well.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:07 am

Well, I've been using this shampoo for about 6 weeks now or so and I've noticed something interesting. When I was younger I used to have strawberry-blond hair, but my hair started to turn into a dull brown when I started losing my hair. The thing that's interesting is that it seems that some of my hair is getting lighter and more blond as I continue to use the shampoo. I've been using the shampoo twice a week, and I've been leaving it on the scalp from 3 to 5 minutes.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Used the Argan and Sweet Orange one...love the smell and (at least this once) it seems to thicken my hair (with the spray) better than the other one.

The Andre Walker line is supposed to be 10% off..at least for another day or so.

doke
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:21 am

I cannot see that this is any better than revigen procyanidin b2 shampoo,conditioner and lotion and also spectrals products in hair loss war,none are a miracle for hair loss and if you use with minox 5% then you may get some results? i know jacob you do not like the drugs but hey we do not if any of the so called natural treatments are safe to use?
I do get mad when even i get conned into buying products like A&G hype that do not do anything,to be fair like i say anyone wanting a hair growth product at this time its only minoxidil and propecia and maybe dutasteride that can regrow hair if you still have some left and to keep what you have.
I have tried dutas and it did not work for me but propecia and minoxidil foam does work for me,i would love to say here that so and so natural works but alas they did not for me and thats most of the procerins, and also taking high doses of saw palmetto none worked so as you can see i am very sceptical. :-"
The hair loss laser comb did give my hair more body but had to be used with minox so if you have complete bald spots you may get a little regrowth with minox and other shampoos may help as well but at this time in a advanced androgenica it is only a hair system or transplant that can help or just to buzz as i do at times. =; :roll:

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Doke..this product is cheap(much cheaper than the ones you mentioned there)...so I'm not going to worry about it. I'm just using 'em because I like 'em..the ingreds as well. The ingreds are just a plus for our situation..I don't expect that much from it as far as hair-growing goes.

doke
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:12 am

your right jacob about the cost as the product i have said about is very costly and i even sometimes use head and shoulders and many a home made type shampoos on ebay seem ok. =;

doctorb

Post by doctorb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:23 am

The best fruit stm shampoo i found is the weleda rosmary one!! youfind it easily in France Parapharmacies but can not find it online

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:52 pm

This is supposed to be out in Dec:
Andalou Naturals presents Age Defying Thinning Hair System with Argan Fruit Stem Cells, the latest addition to the company’s line of beautiful hair care. The system includes Age Defying Shampoo, Age Defying Conditioner, and Age Defying Scalp Intensive. Argan Fruit Stem Cells are designed to delay the depletion of root stem cells, stimulating dormant cells, and accelerating the natural repair process to combat the chronological aging of hair follicles. The result is fundamental age defying for healthy hair growth

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Andalou is currently buy 1 get 1 free...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:22 pm

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:13 am

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:11 am

Has a decent list of ingreds. Wish the alcohol weren't in there though.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:18 am

I didn't realize B..I mean D.S. Labs was using them: http://www.ariva.com/ds-laboratories-da ... ampoo.html
Hinders the infectious malassezia fungi that creates scales.
Manages sebum that feeds fungi and causes your scalp to become greasy.
Uses leading fungicides and natural extracts of various plants.
Deionized Water, Caffeine, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Encapsulated Cultured Plant Stem Cells, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Arctium Majus Root Extract, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Arginine, Apigenin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Polyquaternium-11, Burdock (Arctium Lappa) Extract, Lupine Protein, Dicetyl Phosphate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Acetyl Tyrosine, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Tea 99%, Taurine, Synthetic Wax, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carnitine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Gluconate, Niacinamide, Ornithine HCL, Citrulline, Glucosamine HCL, Biotin, Butylene Glycol, Zinc Sulfate, Oleonolic Acid, Biotinyl Tripeptide-1, Ivy (Hedera Helix) Extract, Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-graecum) Extract, Nanotechnology Copper Tri-peptide, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract (Roobios), Ethylhexyl Stearate, PPG-26, Buteth-26, PEG-40, Peg 12 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Pelargonate, Cyclomethicone, EUK-134 (SOD Mimic/Spin Trap), Alcohol, Panthyl Ethyl Ether, Inositol, Milk Protein, Lactose, Acetyl Cysteine, Acetyl Methione, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid,Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexlglycerin.
Once again they have a decent ingreds list there..although some look scary. I have yet to try any of their products..but I'm slowly warming up to them after their initial B.S. claims :shock:

I see their Revita Cor conditioner also contains them. Might be others as well...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:40 pm

The Crescina folks also have plant stem cell shampoos(scroll down): http://www.labosuisse.com/Products_hair ... m_int.aspx

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Jacob wrote:<span>The Crescina folks also have plant stem cell shampoos(scroll down): <a class="linkclass" href="http://www.l ... m_int.aspx">http://www.labosuisse.com/Products_hair ... m_int.aspx[/url]</a></span>
Hey Jacob,

Do you think the Crescina shampoo is any better than the other ones you listed above? Which ones from the above do you think sound best based on ingredients price (and company reputation)?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:30 pm

I think the Crescina/Labo is one of the better ones of the list...I just have no idea how much it costs. For those not seeing it:
LABO HAIR LOSS STEM SHAMPOO

Specific shampoo for hair subject to fall. Contains Labo Hair Loss active ingredients (Hydroxyproline, Aspartic Acid, Enzymatic Activator and Taurine) associated to the new Energex mixture for a strengthening action on the scalp. It also contains the compound for cosmetic use of Active Plant Stem Cells made of Malus domestica and Buddleja davidii combined with Teprenone and Glucosamine.

It is the perfect cleansing complement to Labo Hair Loss Stem topical treatments in vials. Cleans the scalp gently, helping stop hair loss.

Specific formulae for men and women.

Available in three versions according to the different dosages of Labo Hair Loss – Vials:

Labo Hair Loss Stem – Shampoo for hair loss;

Labo Hair Loss Stem – Shampoo for advanced hair loss;

Labo Hair Loss Stem – Shampoo for serious hair loss.
My guess is the "serious hair loss" one has a higher % of ingreds..

But the Andalou wins hands down when it comes to price..along with having a decent ingreds list. And their reputation seems to be very good...might have been elsewhere where I posted that the founders have worked at and owned other cosmetic/hair product companies. Have always gotten responses from them via email as well. Looking forward to trying out the "Thinning hair"/argan stem cell one.

Having said that..I don't know how much some of the other ones are either..and of course haven't used them. I have a feeling they're not as "cheap" though.

I'm surprised Lamas doesn't have the plant stem cells in the shampoo etc.

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Jacob wrote:This is supposed to be out in Dec:
Andalou Naturals presents Age Defying Thinning Hair System with Argan Fruit Stem Cells, the latest addition to the company’s line of beautiful hair care. The system includes Age Defying Shampoo, Age Defying Conditioner, and Age Defying Scalp Intensive. Argan Fruit Stem Cells are designed to delay the depletion of root stem cells, stimulating dormant cells, and accelerating the natural repair process to combat the chronological aging of hair follicles. The result is fundamental age defying for healthy hair growth
Hey Jacob,

Do you know if this is still on schedule for December, or are we looking at a new timetable?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:37 pm

I guess I forgot to post an update on this that I had gotten :oops: They're now saying January.

Some explanations on the ingreds:
· Vitamin B Complex:Infuses essential protein and nutrients to invigorate scalp for thicker, fuller strands with improved strength, texture and shine.

· Hair Regeneration Complex: A triple-action ingredient for reducing the quantity of hair loss.

· Cysteine: An amino acid that fortifies protein structre and supports collagen formation for improved texture, strength and longevity, while neutralizing free-radical scavengers that inhibit healthy hair growth.

· Glycosaminoglycans: Polysaccharides that transport oxygen to connective tissue and cell membranes essential in the production of proteins and collagen.

· Meadowsweeet: An anti-seborrheic ingredient with regulating properties to help balance sebum production, counteract bacteria and reduce inflammation that contributes to hair loss.

· And last, but definitely not least: Argan Fruit Stem Cells: Designed to delay the depletion of dermal papilla stem cells, revitalizing dormant root cells, and accelerating the natural repair process to combat chronological aging of hair follicles.

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Jacob wrote:I guess I forgot to post an update on this that I had gotten :oops: They're now saying January.

Some explanations on the ingreds:
· Vitamin B Complex:Infuses essential protein and nutrients to invigorate scalp for thicker, fuller strands with improved strength, texture and shine.

· Hair Regeneration Complex: A triple-action ingredient for reducing the quantity of hair loss.

· Cysteine: An amino acid that fortifies protein structre and supports collagen formation for improved texture, strength and longevity, while neutralizing free-radical scavengers that inhibit healthy hair growth.

· Glycosaminoglycans: Polysaccharides that transport oxygen to connective tissue and cell membranes essential in the production of proteins and collagen.

· Meadowsweeet: An anti-seborrheic ingredient with regulating properties to help balance sebum production, counteract bacteria and reduce inflammation that contributes to hair loss.

· And last, but definitely not least: Argan Fruit Stem Cells: Designed to delay the depletion of dermal papilla stem cells, revitalizing dormant root cells, and accelerating the natural repair process to combat chronological aging of hair follicles.
Thanks for the update, Jacob. This shampoo sounds fantastic. I really hope it comes out soon because I want to get it or something like it. So now they say some time in January?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:34 am

I checked and they do have it on their website: http://andalou.com/index.php/haircare/s ... ampoo.html The links to the right of it(conditioner etc) aren't working for me...but you can navigate to them via the drop-down menus. They also have a kit- shampoo, conditioner..and topical: http://andalou.com/index.php/haircare/c ... ystem.html

mitcky
Prolific Poster

Post by mitcky » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:28 am

I'm having some trouble seeing the difference between the 2. Can someone help me out? Also, why one would be "better" than the other?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Between which 2?

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Jacob,

Thanks for the update :-)
Happy New Hair!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Well I love the shampoo and conditioner(I only "condition" maybe once a week)...the topical is good too. Nice and clear and smells good..absorbs well.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Much more info on the argan stem cells here: http://andalou.com/index.php/tth-argan-stem-cells?utm

mitcky
Prolific Poster

Post by mitcky » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Jacob wrote:Between which 2?
I spoke with the company and they told me the difference between the shampoo you originally posted and the newer age defying shampoo.

For what it's worth, I really like the stuff you originally posted and the price can't be beat!

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:15 am

Is there really a benefit of using a stem cell shampoo if it only stays in your hair for a minute?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm

No..that's why I leave it in my hair for 61 seconds! :D

I do try to leave 'em(any shampoo I use) on for 3+ minutes..even using that sonic massager thing as often as possible. I don't really expect much from any shampoo...but having a hydrated scalp and leaving the 'poo on for that length of time..some is getting absorbed. A topical does make more sense...but as long as I'm shampoo'n I might as well use something with goodies in it.

I'd get a gallon of the cheapest natural shampoo(or the cheapest that would do the job..and leave my hair ok) from a health food store or online and use that if I were to just be shampoo'n real quick before applying a topical. You could also use such a 'poo for the first wash..if you're in the habit of washing it twice.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:23 pm

John Yossarian
Regular Poster

Post by John Yossarian » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 pm

I've been using the Andrew Walker shampoo for about 3 weeks or so and it seems like it might making some of my hair fall out. The only other product I'm using is Minoxidil. Could the shampoo and Minxodil not work together, and be causing my hair to fall out? Thanks.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:27 pm

I don't know why that would be..but stranger things have happened. I was going to suggest contacting the company but they'd probably just say they've never heard of such a problem.

Maybe ease on off the stuff for awhile and then slowly add it back into your regimen to see if it's really happening?

israelite
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by israelite » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Jacob what shampoos do u use. If memory serves me right u used sweet sunnah shampoo did it dye your hair reddish color