Life, Love, and HairLossFight.com

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Life, Love, and HairLossFight.com

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:21 am

Hi all,

It has been a long time since I have had even the slightest time to be able to spend here. The sad thing for me is that for years, this place (under a different name at the time, Morphollica.com) was a passion of mine, but life's demands forced me to change focus over time, and the site hasn't been updated much in years.

All that is about to change, big time.

One of the changes that I implemented was to introduce facebook-like social networking functionality at my.hairlossfight.com. I spent a fair bit of time setting that up, but didn't then have the time to grow it. Plus, in a way, it competed with these forums, which made it somewhat redundant.

What I failed to realize was that *this* forum is already a social network, and that any new functionality should be smoothly integrated with it.

In any case, I first want to thank those of you who participate here, and those who have stuck with the site throughout the years, in particular, Jacob, who despite my not being here on and off over the years, has never wavered from keeping this one of the most interesting places to discuss and learn about hair loss and all sorts of products.

I just passed a new milestone in my life. I have married my girlfriend of the past four years. I can credit her with encouraging me to get back in the action here, and to keep expanding upon and growing the site, making it more useful to hair loss sufferers.

I am still somewhat pressed for time, but I will be participating here more regularly, and I will be moderating again. Some cleanup is in order, but for the most part, it looks like things are going well here.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions for features, or products and services we should offer, I would love to hear them!

Stay tuned. More to come soon.

Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Life, Love, and HairLossFight.com

Post by Jacob » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:37 am

Hey Sam, welcome to the forum :lol:

Congrats on the marriage, and looking forward to the updates. Which I probably won't see until I get back..I'll be away starting in a few days, as I mentioned to you.

I don't even remember what products I suggested awhile back- if you still have them and/or can't do any of them..shoot me an email soon or much much later so I can discard them. I'm sure they were the ones being discussed around here..a new one may be that HairStem Foam, if it's worth even looking into.

Thanks 8)

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:22 am

Congrats, Sam, on getting married. Many blessings to you both. :)

Thanks in advance for any positive changes you'll bring to this interesting place. We all really appreciate having this resourceful forum to learn from and experiment with all the goodies that get brought up. 8)

Justin.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Hey Jacob,

Thanks and I look forward to when you're back now! I still have the e-mails. Will take a looksie again.

Justin, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that you find it useful here!

Cheers,
Sam

kamui2
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by kamui2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:00 am

Hey Sam!

Welcome back, maybe we can have thos weekly Wednesday night chats again.. hahah :razz: