Renokin looks promising

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: Renokin looks promising

Post by Alex Summers » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:40 am

ChuckP,

How long have you been using Renokin? Have you had any results so far?

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by ChuckP » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:23 pm

No nothing yet only been using it for a couple of months

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2% 2x/week started on May-2011.
Finasteride 1.25g 6x/week started Oct-2011.
Minoxidil 5% 7x/week started on Nov-2011.

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:03 am

Their numbers look good, but the pictures don't convince me at all. From the 5 or 6 cases, there was even one where the placebo beat the treatment.
And regarding the numbers, they refer to someone who was at early stages of hair loss (just look at the number of hairs per 1 cm²), so it may not be as good for someone in a more advanced state.

Even though they use the same principle than Histogen, I feel the results are like night and day. This does work and that's why you can see that the results were most visible after one year (after the single injection treatment).

Fizzball
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Fizzball » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:15 pm

lost.hair.lost.youth wrote:Their numbers look good, but the pictures don't convince me at all. From the 5 or 6 cases, there was even one where the placebo beat the treatment.
LoL every time I think I understand the pictures and see the positives in the pictures someone says something that turns my interpretation on its head.

I'm having a bad day on research today but I'll look into it further and maybe make some comments at a later date.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by Alex Summers » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:22 pm

After looking over the ingredients I was wondering, is this product safe to use? I don't to get cancer or something by using this product.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:11 pm

There has been discussion at various other places concerning the ingredients and a possible link to cancer but I feel its too hard to gauge an answer either way, its not a situation of 1+1=2, the sad fact about everything we do contains a risk from the companies/people we believe in to the products we use and in some ways we are at mercy of these people/companies but what we can do is continue our studies on the product and issues.

I don't want to suggest that Renokin is 100% safe (nor is anything we do) but its up to you to give it a shot, I personally feel that this lotion will not cause you any sort of cancer but I suggest you give it some thought and time to see how things transpire not only for the product itself but for how the market progresses.

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Which ingredients are you mentioning?
And where can I find the ingredient list of the product?

On another and quite related news regarding cancer (or in this case the death of cancerous cells), a press report by Histogen
Their technology and results look amazing so far... the main problem is their 2015 estimate for market introduction, add another year for hair regrowth (which may not be enough) and you're in the year 2016 or 2017 before you have hair again. Well at least in my case since I have lost most of it.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Some people are concerned about the DKK-1 and BMP4, I'm sure if you give those two a search on google and add the word 'cancer' to it you will find some scientific journals/articles concerning the subject, what this product needs is FDA approval, if it is as great as they suggest then it would be in their best interest to do so and considering the suspected volatile nature of this topical it would be good to have that approval for everyone.

Histogen has been in the works since the stone age, anyone that has been around for a while can tell you that Histogen have been consistently been setting deadlines they have never been able to meet so much so that most people are sick of hearing from them and have deployed the mindset of "I'll believe it when I see it" or "its no step closer until its officially on the market, until then its a pipe dream".

There was talk about Histogen releasing a cream at some point in the near future but even that has yet to materialise.

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Been using it 4 months now and nothing guys... Do u guys know if the demapoeitin is worth a try or anything else? Please help I'm over dermaheal and renokin

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Good to hear from you again intricate1, it would have been nice if you had something more positive to report though... as far as demapoeitin is concerned I know Jacob thinks it could be a winner but its hard to say, I have actually been considering trying it out too as its much cheaper than Renokin and seems like it would offer more value for money.

Miconazole Nitrate seems like the latest craze around the hair loss scene but I am yet to see someone go from vellus to terminal hair yet, I'm actually pretty surprised you didn't see any results from Dermaheal or Renokin even if they may have been underwhelming.

I know if Jacob were here he would suggest you give it more time and he might be right but its entirely up to you and your wallet ;)

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:45 am

intricate1 wrote:Been using it 4 months now and nothing guys... Do u guys know if the demapoeitin is worth a try or anything else? Please help I'm over dermaheal and renokin
It sucks to read this.
I don't want to try to teach the bible to the pope but... were you diligent in it? Used it as mentioned (every day?) with a clean scalp?

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:59 pm

I will be using this for a while cause I can't think of nothing else to add to the arsenal
wool keep u guys posted. I have a hard time doing it twice a day cause of work

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:39 am

Fizzball wrote:Good to hear from you again intricate1, it would have been nice if you had something more positive to report though... as far as demapoeitin is concerned I know Jacob thinks it could be a winner but its hard to say, I have actually been considering trying it out too as its much cheaper than Renokin and seems like it would offer more value for money.

Miconazole Nitrate seems like the latest craze around the hair loss scene but I am yet to see someone go from vellus to terminal hair yet, I'm actually pretty surprised you didn't see any results from Dermaheal or Renokin even if they may have been underwhelming.

I know if Jacob were here he would suggest you give it more time and he might be right but its entirely up to you and your wallet ;)
It's hard to say if Dermatopoietin is or would be a winner. The science behind it does look good..they've at least explained things quite a bit more than most companies. The fact that you don't have to apply it day after day is nice too.

GIMT...that's what I'm going to say from now on. 8)

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:26 am

If this could address a cosmetic issue of hair quality (which I believe it can) then it has its merit but as far as regrowth I don't really expect anything but at some point I want to try this. Has anyone else noticed that our hair's quality diminishes as we begin to lose our hair (treated or untreated)?

Yes GIMT :D