HairStem foam

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

HairStem foam

Post by Jacob » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:41 pm

http://www.amsteminc.com/amstem-products/hairstem-foam
HairStemTM is an exciting new hair regenerating foam with a background of success in Korea. Made from a blend of AmStem's special HCSM blend and conventional oriental naturopathic prescriptions from 17 herbs, HairStemTM has been used for the treatment of male pattern baldness, several forms of alopecia, and dandruff. AmStem plans to validate these claims in the U.S. with clinical trials and consumer studies, while test marketing the product in the summer of 2010.

HCSM, or Human Conditioned Stem Cell Media, is AmStem's special version of an accepted cosmetic ingredient that is derived from proteins secreted by stem cells obtained from umbilical cord blood. The cord blood is collected from consenting donors and is a non-controversial source of stem cells. HCSM works by providing the skin with dynamic proteins and nutritional supplements to make it healthy, balanced and revitalized in its ability to renew itself.
How HairStemTM Works

By diluting neurotransmitters, immuno-modulators, cytokines, and hormones discharged when stress is incurred, HairStemTM has been used successfully in Korea without any reported side-effects, and is shown to assit in maintaining a healthy, natural condition of the hair and scalp. It reaches the hair follicle and sebaceous gland through skin or blood, where other "stem cell" products cannot reach.

The HairStemTM foam contains Stem Cell protein solution (HCSM), as well as natural herbal ingredients such as Cnidium officinale, Angelica gigas, and Paeonia root extracts using non-chemical preservation.
I don't like this coming from the company though:
AmStem is a new biotechnology company based in Northern California, in the watershed of stem cell innovation fueled by President Obama’s recent announcement to lift Federal funding limitations for stem cell research. AmStem provides biotherapeutic and cosmetic stem cell products, stem cell collection and storage know-how, and access to nanotechnology vital to cutting edge stem cell research
From what I can tell..the companies involved with this use umbilical cord blood/stem cells: "CSM, or Human Conditioned Stem Cell Media, is the Company’s proprietary version of an accepted ingredient that is derived from proteins secreted by stem cells processed from the Company’s own facility, one of the largest umbilical cord blood banks in the world"...which of course doesn't apply to "Obama's announcement to lift Federal funding limitations.." Unless there was another that was separate from the embryonic stem cell funding limitations. The funding should have gone more for non-embryonic research anyway..it's where there's been more success.

Now back to the company..product...........

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: HairStem foam

Post by Jacob » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:49 pm

They have a procedure one can have done..injection of “Histo-Endostem": http://www.amsteminc.com/technology/hair-restoration
AmStem plans to make this treatment available closer to the U.S, in a resort location to be identified in a forthcoming Press Release. The treatments will be available with or without participation in a scientific study to determine the effects of the stem cell injections. Both the treatments and the clinical trial will be performed according to the highest ICH and other international standards.
BTW..there's another HairStem line out there...from Gaunitz. So it's a pain searching for this...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Headquarters(?) in Korea: http://www.histostem.co.kr/

There again..cord blood.

On the Amstem site..they also mention Mesenchymal Stem Cell- adult stem cells.
Multi-Potent Stem Cell- adult stem cells.

:-s

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:02 pm

Jun 09, 2010 09:11 ET
AmStem Announces New Cosmeceutical Beauty and Hair Restoration Products

SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - June 9, 2010) - AmStem Corporation (OTCBB: AMST), a leading provider of biotherapeutic and cosmetic stem cell products announced today the release of HomStem™, a complete new line of cosmeceutical products, and HairStem™, a topical hair restoration product.

David Stark, President of AmStem International, Inc., said, "These revolutionary products represent the latest innovations in our continuing line of anti-aging, restoration and beauty products."

With the debut of the HomStem™ and HairStem™ line of products last month at the International Beauty Expo in Malaysia, AmStem is nearing readiness to market these products in the United States following voluntary registration with U.S. FDA. The Company is now seeking investigators for its upcoming Institutional Review Board ("IRB") submission of clinical trials later this month, and for informal consumer studies to validate claim testing and to augment marketing efforts worldwide later this year.

"These products will join our flagship product, SteMixx, which is already approved by the Korean FDA, as a 'functional cream' for the treatment of facial skin disfiguration associated with aging such as wrinkles," Stark said. "As soon as final packaging and shipping arrangements have been made and the necessary consumer studies are completed, we expect these products to be available to consumers in the U.S."

The HomStem™ line includes a toner, lotion, essence, neutro cream, eye cream and mist -- all for home use by the consumer for rejuvenation and beautification of the skin. The HairStem™ product is a topical lotion that treats several forms of alopecia (baldness), thickens hair, and prevents dandruff.

Stark said, "While these are unofficial claims until they are validated in the U.S., the history of these products in Korea is such that we expect success. Our team has extensive experience in clinical trials and working with regulatory agencies, so we expect to be able to back up our claims within 90 days, when the first data from the studies is available."

HCSM™, or Human Conditioned Stem Cell Media, is the Company's proprietary version of an accepted ingredient that is derived from proteins secreted by stem cells processed from the Company's own facility, one of the largest umbilical cord blood banks in the world. The cord blood is obtained from consenting donors and is a non-controversial source of stem cells. HCSM™ works by providing the skin with crucial proteins and nutritional supplements to make it healthy, balanced and revitalized in its ability to renew itself. For more information on these products, see the company's web site at http://www.amsteminc.com/amstem-products.

According to industry experts, the U.S. cosmeceutical market is expected to reach $7.6 billion in sales in 2010.

About AmStem Corporation
AmStem Inc. (OTCBB: AMST) is a corporation registered in the State of Nevada with offices in San Francisco, California and Seoul, Korea. The Company is a world leader in the area of stem cell research using stem cells derived from the umbilical cord immediately after birth. The units of cord blood are processed and stored by the Company for use in unrelated transplant, as well as for personal storage and use in the family setting for related transplant and regenerative medicine. The Company has 19 U.S. and international patents related to stem cell processing, application, and clinical treatments. AmStem owns one of the largest cord blood stem cell banks in the world with more than 80,000 cord blood units stored in Korea. The facility in Korea is highly accredited including Korean FDA approval (KFDA). The Company is developing a line of cosmeceutical products based upon its proprietary stem cell technology and sourcing its own materials from its expansive operation in Korea. The Company has treated more than 800 people in clinical trials for purposes of developing its patent portfolio in the clinical treatment of disease, and regenerative medicine areas.
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release ... 273496.htm

I've sent 'em an email..will see if they respond... 8)

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by Alex Summers » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 pm

It looks like an interesting product. I wonder when they'll start selling it to the U.S.

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 pm

I cant wait to dump baby blood on my head and regrow new hair :twisted:

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:45 pm

:twisted: It's from umbilical cord blood..so I'm still scratching my head on that paragraph there.

But you knew that [-(

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:36 pm

umbilical cord blood has to have some baby blood since its attached to a baby at one time :?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:26 am

[-(

georgex6
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by georgex6 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:34 pm

How can we order this,?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Good question. I think they're looking for distributors....

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Response from them:
Thank you for your interest in AmStem products. HairStem is in the evaluation stage for labeling and import to the US, and is not currently available. Please feel free to keep an eye on our web site for updates.

Will see if they can tell me if it'll be months..a year..or longer...

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:54 pm

Its not available in asia yet too, right?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:00 pm

I'll update my email with that question..since I haven't got a response back yet.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:52 am

Still interested in this as well. Just some updated info on the company:
http://www.hawkassociates.com/clients/p ... ient_id=30
In Korea, the company's subsidiary Histostem controls one of the world’s largest fully accredited cord blood banks. Clinical trials are underway using stem cells from cord blood to treat a range of diseases currently regarded as incurable. Histostem has Korean FDA approval for emergent, incurable conditions and currently has stem cell clinical studies underway in the areas of anti-aging, diabetes, liver cirrhosis, cerebral infarction, buerger’s disease, ALS, spinal cord injury, heart disease, renal failure, alzheimer’s disease, crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis and parkinson’s disease.

Histostem is planning to do a clinical trial for buerger’s disease underway in Saudi Arabia following impressive Phase One and Two trials completed in Korea. Additional Phase Two trials are underway in Korea and in anticipation of a paid Phase Two study in Mexico.

On the cosmetic side the company is the exclusive distributor of SteMixx, a clinically proven stem cell facial cream developed by Histostem. The company is also preparing the launch of a stem cell-based hair restoration treatment that will be administered in Cancun.

Histostem has full Korean FDA approval for the use of stem cell injections for the treatment of hair loss. Phase Two and Phase Three clinical trials have been highly effective and the company hopes to introduce a product into the Korean market in the second half of 2010.

The current company was formed in January 2010 with the merger of the U.S. company with Histostem Co. in Korea through a reorganization and stock purchase agreement in which AmStem acquired 90% of the outstanding stock of Histostem in exchange for 60% of the fully diluted shares of AmStem or 102.5 million shares

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:07 am

The looks very interesting and with a release date of 2011 well... : )
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:29 am

It still doesn't say whether this will released to the U.S. It looks like an interesting product, so I hope they do distribute it here.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:49 pm

I wrote them an email, but I haven't received a response. Has anyone else tried to contact them recently?

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2% 2x/week started on May-2011.
Finasteride 1.25g 6x/week started Oct-2011.
Minoxidil 5% 7x/week started on Nov-2011.

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 am

Are there any pics or numbers regarding this product?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:04 am

Alex Summers wrote:I wrote them an email, but I haven't received a response. Has anyone else tried to contact them recently?
Same here..ever since that initial response I haven't been able to get anything out of them.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 am

lost.hair.lost.youth wrote:Are there any pics or numbers regarding this product?
Not that I'm aware of..

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 am

I've written them twice now and they still haven't responded. I'm not sure whats going on, but it seems a little shady to me.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Well his last sentence there to me was to feel free to keep an eye on the site for updates..so he/they could be the type to ignore things until they have an actual update. You would think they'd at least have an automated or whatever response saying that...or someone else who could respond and say so :?

It IS nice when they do always respond though. Some companies that come to mind(and each has their top person responding) are Elsom Research...Regeron...DermaHeal USA...and Dermatapoitin.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 pm

funny I sent a big email to elsom's and got nothing back, i guess these things comes down to timing, Dermaheal responded very swiftly and were completely professional to my inquiries.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:09 pm

That is unusual. Was it recently? I noticed parts of their website are not available..haven't been for quite awhile- "Both Elsom Research shopping sites, new-equilibrium-skincare.com and the-formulator.com, are currently unavailable. We are working to restore normal operation as soon as possible."

I wonder if they're out of the country for awhile :-s Although they do say to send an email if you're looking to order.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Back to HairsStem..still don't see it available...or when it will be..but some additional info:

Their clinical trials page is fascinating..imo. On the below..keep in mind it seems to be on the injection procedure:

http://www.amsteminc.com/technology/clinical-trials
Alopecia (baldness) Phase 2 56 Patients treated.
If you click on the above(on that page)..it'll bring you down to:
Baldness: 46 patients cured

1. Efficacy details: Up to 20% growth of hair on scalp
2. For more information, see our Hair Restoration page
Maybe I'm missing something on that 46 cured/20% growth claim :-s Although 20% on a bald area would be impressive.

Patent page: http://www.amsteminc.com/technology/patents
# Title : TREATMENT OF BALDNESS WITH STEM CELL DERIVED FROM UMBILICAL CORD BLOOD

* Patent No. 10-0668371
* Registration date : January, 08, 2007
Other interesting info(none of this makes for a full head of hair..it's just interesting)
http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/bo ... ard_id=120
* AmStem controls one of the largest, Asian Cord Blood Banks accredited in the world (more than twice as large as its nearest competitor). Umbilical cord blood is a very popular source of stem cells for research and treatment.
* AmStem is the exclusive distributor of a Stem Cell derived Facial Cream that is fully developed, attractively packaged, and ready for the $21 Billion world market.
* AmStem oversees Clinical Trials currently conducted in Korea that are using umbilical acquired stem cells derived from cord blood to treat various diseases.
* AmStem controls the Patents for the methods used to create the above lines of business, and has many other patents pending.
* AmStem is making connections to partner with a major cosmetic distributor or department store brand, to enter the booming “cosmeceutical” market with the newest, most exciting, and most scientifically valid stem cell beauty product.
* The development of other products by Histostem’s accomplished team of scientists, and/or acquisition of similar, supporting lines of products from other companies is a major objective.
# Histostem was recently granted a new US Patent for their proprietary method on deriving the maximum number of viable stem cells from a frozen cord blood specimen. This gives AmStem a strategic advantage in controlling one of the most efficient and non-controversial supply chain, storage, and delivery systems for stem cells in the world.
# AmStem will focus on developing a novel Hair Restoration clinical trial, using a method that has already been applied for, and is imminently pending a major U.S. Patent.
And I wonder if that's new growth on the Pres' hair: http://www.amsteminc.com/about-amstem/management-team

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 pm

None of the links work anymore..guess I can stop looking for updates on this one :shock: