Conditioner recommendations

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Conditioner recommendations

Post by MG63 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:32 am

looking for some guidance from the group. DS labs will be shipping the Revitacor conditioner later this month, which I'm glad to hear because my hair is dried out from all the topicals. That said I was wondering if there are other recommendations for conditioners which do not cause sebum problems / follicle blockage or interfere with my daily topical, which is currently Spectral DNC. Below is one recommendation received

http://www.longhairlovers.com/luxe_conditioner.html

thanks

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Conditioner recommendations

Post by Jacob » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:42 pm

I normally don't use conditioners..either the topical I'm using does a good enough job or the styling aid I use helps in that area..or even the shampoo I'm using is good enough. I'm also not crazy about something coating my scalp before I put a topical on. Maybe conditioners really don't do that..but it feels that way at times.

But some others would be..Lamas' Chinese Herbs Stimulating conditioner..or the one by Morrocco Method.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 am

If your scalp is being dried out - it suggests that the ingredients maybe too harsh or just may need to have some breaks.

Condtioners may block the follicle more than it is so I personally woundnt use one.

thanks
Pete

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

Post by Natasha26 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:05 am

@ MG63, If you are looking for a good conditioner, what you should look for is one without silicone, without paraben, and without mineral oil as these are likely to clog the follicles and are very bad for the scalp. Stay away from these.

That said, about LHL Luxe Conditioner, I have used it, It's good in terms of the composition, it's all natural plus it has all the essential oils that fight hairloss like cederwood, lavender, rosemary and thyme.

I also used the shea mu hair butter from LHL as well for dry scalp. So I can recommend them as good products and safe for the scalp.

Other products that I would recommend for dry irritated scalp is by Phyto. Infact, I was having that problem as a result of a very harsh hair coloration, I tried everything but forgot about my Phyto products tucked away since last year. Yesterday, I tried my Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask and I can't believe I forgot how amazing this conditioner is. It sooth the hair follicle like nothing else and my scalp instantly regained comport.

There is another scalp mask that you are supposed to apply to your scalp before shampooing from Philip Kingsley which is good as well, very effective with a cooling effect on the scalp.

Hope that helps.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:20 am

thanks for the guidance... I'll investigate the phyto line as well

caril
Occasional Poster

Post by caril » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:57 pm

There are various ways of conditioning hair. Home remedies like egg yolk combined with mashed Avocado can conditioner your hair. Beside this Conditioner that are free from artificial chemicals, parabens can also be used.Such conditioner also keep them free from dandruff or itchiness if it present there. As colloidal silver is good antioxidant.

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:07 pm

I've been using this conditioner. Is it blocking my hair follicles?

http://www.iherb.com/Avalon-Organics-Bi ... 11182?at=0

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 am

I've tried all the conditioners and masks that are available out there suffer as I do from very dry hair condition.

Yesterday, I decided to try the new conditioner I just got from Crabtree and Evelyn La Source line and let me tell you that its amazing. My hair was soft like velvet and when I dried it was bouncy and full of life.

It contains seaweed extract and I love love love this conditioner. My sisters tried it also, they both loved it. I must get hold of this complete line of hair products by Crabtree and Evelyn, it's too good. Try it and you'll see instant results.

Cheers,
N

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Use a conditioner if you feel it helps but perhaps not daily.

When your is hair is drying out and starting to become limp - its a sign that you may need to use topical to re-energise cell production.

Thanks
Pete

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:49 pm

I wonder about products such as Wen and if they are actually worth a try.
http://www.wenhaircare.com/

Hair more seems like a decent product, I have been using it myself lately and it has helped my hair quality improve, prior to that I was using various generic products like Pantene which I feel was actually making things worse in the long term health of my hair.
http://www.totallynatural.com.au/totall ... tioner.htm

There are a few out there that are decent but it also takes a lot of trial and error and honestly I'm still not completely happy.

I'll also add that damaged hair takes a long time to repair so don't expect immediate results of brilliance.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity