Rubbing nails together to slow down/prevent hair loss!!

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

geek84
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Rubbing nails together to slow down/prevent hair loss!!

Post by geek84 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:14 am

Hi Folks

I remember reading on one of the forums elsewhere that the process of rubbing finger nails together for a period of about 5 minutes, 3 times a day, prevents/slows down the process of hairloss.

Do you think there is any truth in that?

Thanks in advance for your response.

gutted
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: saw palmetto and beta sis for 3 months, stopped now due to excessive shedding

Re: Rubbing nails together to slow down/prevent hair loss!!

Post by gutted » Thu May 27, 2010 5:07 am

yeah its called balayam, i saw a video on youtube claiming it cures/slows/reduces mpb.

theres only one way to find out if it works, thats by trying it for yourself, i have read on a few forums that some people actually believe they get results, but who knows, they probably used a bunch of other thing while practising the technique.

its harmless and doesnt cost you anything, so you could give it a try, but key is to try it out for a minimum of 3-6 months before making any conclusions.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Does not work, I tried it for about 4 months. Only makes your nails go faster.

goten574
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by goten574 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:47 am

kamui2 wrote:Does not work, I tried it for about 4 months. Only makes your nails go faster.
4 months is hardly enough time. The Youtube guy said he had recovered most of his lost hair after 1 year.

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 am

Link?

garrisonc
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Post by garrisonc » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:01 am

Alright, I've been lurking this forum for about a year and a half now, and until now I hadn't felt compelled to register.

THIS IS COMPLETE AND TOTAL NONSENSE.

This isn't even in the realm of pseudo-science; there is no evidence to back up these claims and there is absolutely no scientific basis for it whatsoever. I watched this play out on another forum and it wasn't pretty.

We all want our hair back, but please have enough dignity to not give credibility to every piece of insane babble that gets thrown your way. The primary concern with hair loss is a loss of confidence, do not allow it to cloud your ability to reason as well -- desperation is a trait that nobody finds attractive.

Giving a single moment's notice to crap like this is counter-productive and diverts attention from actual plausible treatments. I realize this is an absurd request from a brand new member, but from my lurking here the mods seem like reasonable skeptics: I'd recommend closing this thread before it encourages more people to waste their time deluding themselves with false hope.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:52 am

I could not agree more with the above statement however if rubbing your nails together is going to give you some sort of pleasure or confidence than who am I to stop you but don't be fooled for one second and feel that this is a viable solution to your hair loss problems.
I demand the same deal of information, scientific research, evidence and studies that I do from anyone that feels they have the cure for our problem and this case is no different in fact it is vastly more far fetched than any previous claims or products that I have come across, if I were to accept this mans theory or anyone else with similar logic and claims than I might as well just go down to the local pub and accept any sort of advice from a drunk on such matters.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

rosariorose9
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser Messiah 2, finasteride, Polysorbate 80, Revita shampoo, Capillogain tonic

Post by rosariorose9 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Well, I did it for just shy of a year. Religiously. Did absolutely NOTHING for my hair...

Hair_Loss_Beaten
Hair Loss Type: Other

Post by Hair_Loss_Beaten » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:48 am

So, true.
I agree with the above two users that this is completely nonsense. What does rubbing your nails do to your body system aside from creating friction and body heat? It can just lead to blistering of your fingers or worse callouses.
The idea is so far fetched.
Hello.
I am a proponent of natural treatment for hair loss. I hope to share with you my expertise on this field.