The DTS Vibrating Roller experience/testimonial thread

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

The DTS Vibrating Roller experience/testimonial thread

Post by Jacob » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:22 pm

As someone who has used a regular dermaroller before... :shock:

First of all..I didn't expect it to vibrate as much as it does. Then it feels like you're shaving your hair off and sanding your scalp down(weren't some even using sandpaper at one point?) at the same time.

Sounds like I hate it..eh? I LOVE it. Now this is for me..maybe others who have used both can jump in here and agree or disagree..but it is easier to use than a regular dermaroller. It's easier to roll- you're not having to press down as much- because it's vibrating and obviously working it's way in for you. My guess is it's making the holes a bit bigger because of the vibrating as well..even though they say their needles are thinner.

My scalp was pretty red afterwards. Numb as well. I really went over it good though with the device. In the morning I just rinsed my scalp with water(using a shower filter, of course)..no topicals. It's still a bit pinkish. Not something I'd want to use on a daily basis. Perfect for something like the Stem C'rum though.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: The DTS Vibrating Roller experience/testimonial thread

Post by Jacob » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:06 pm

No one else has tried this?

I'm actually considering using it with some of my other topicals as well.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:12 am

i have one as well jacob, and i do admit that it is the best dermaroller i've used as well.

I do have one MAJOR problem with it however. a few nights ago my roller head broke off of the small arms that hold the roller in place (one small circl approximately 1mm in diameter, 0.5mm thick). These 'arms' hold the roller head in place and allow the roller to roll freely as there are two divits in the head for which the arms are fit into, allowing the head to rotate freely. I've asked Makemeheal if it's possible to replace the head and it isn't. So for 3 weeks of use the $200 price tag of this delicate unit is very pricey. I may purchase add'l heads and use the roller more gently, as long as the new heads come with the arm attachments.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:51 am

$200? Try Ebay..I think I saw other places that were cheaper as well.

Have you tried superglue'n the parts together? I think I know what you're referring to..where it broke off. There is a bit of a trick getting the cover off..as well as the head. Did yours break while just using it?

knymphet

Post by knymphet » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Hello, you can come to www.hansderma.net and purchase the refill heads

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Any chance you could give us a discount? :)

I'm still using the original that came with it....seems to be holding up. I wonder how long they can actually be used. I know they say "one time", but that's for the spas etc that wouldn't be using one again on another person.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Joey Ramone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:15 pm

What's it like to disinfect? I had a dermaroller a few weeks ago that was awesome for the one session I was able to use it and then I let it sit in baby bottle disinfectant for 10 minutes and the needles all went black and weird with gunk, the entire sold solution went manky and black. Disappointing waste of money in the end even though it was quite cheap off eBay.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Though your roller technically arrives sterilized, you really ought to rinse it with a anti-bacterial/sterilization solution before you roll your face for the first time, and especially AFTER each rolling session (rather than using water alone). As a general practice, I recommend a 20 minute soak in Hydrogen Peroxide followed by a good rinse under hot running water for a fast and cost-effective method of cleaning your roller before your first roll (then repeat this again after you've finished).

For those who are prepping their faces with topicals (actives and/or serums) BEFORE or DURING a rolling session, another effective method of sterilizing your roller from the debris that will collect on the needles is to use *Denture Tablets*. Denture tablets are not only anti-bacterial agents, they are enzyme cleansers which means they can break down skincare serums & creams as well as fatty deposits that attach to the needles from your skin cells. Simply add one tablet to a half cup of warm water and soak the roller head for 20-30 minutes, then rinse well under running water before air drying. www.dermroller.com/mts-protocols.html

A soft toothbrush is also very useful for gently removing any remaining debris on the needles, however, this may not be necessary at all after a good soak with a denture tablet.

Denture tablets are not only very effective, they are also much cheaper compared to other enzyme cleansers being sold specifically for dermarollers. Here is a product that initially caught my eye before I discovered that denture tablets will do the exact same thing - www.oniskai.com/shop/product_info.php?p ... 96f7928c4a

Thanks to Readers Digest I've discovered that Denture Tablets have many other extraordinary uses; check out this link for more interesting tips. Smile www.rd.com/tools-and-quizzes/extraordin ... e23830.htm

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 pm

So... no dramas sterilising then?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:24 pm

I haven't had any problems..if that's what you're asking 8)

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:59 am

per maintaining the roller. How often are people replacing the heads? Also how do you apply the alcohol to clean? I'm going to start micro-needling before using the Stem Crum this week. Any additional insights are appreciated.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:17 am

MG...

didn't you just post 2 minutes before this post saying
I've been using Dermaheal the serum for a year and added the conditioner /shampoo 6 months ago. This month I added the Stem Crum. I've been very pleased with all products. Although the shampoo could be a bit better (less sulfates). The serum should not be applied with micro-needling. It is clearly stated on the side of the packaging that do not apply on wounds or cuts.
?

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:48 pm

yes

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:43 pm

MG63 wrote:per maintaining the roller. How often are people replacing the heads? Also how do you apply the alcohol to clean? I'm going to start micro-needling before using the Stem Crum this week. Any additional insights are appreciated.
I'll replace the head when it's dead :lol:

I'll soak mine a bit after use..rinse again before using it.