Bee venom

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

j872
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Bee venom

Post by j872 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Bee venom is claimed to be one of the most potent anti-inflammatory in existence, and 100 times more potent than hydrocortisone.
"Bee venom appears to act like cortisone: in fact bee venom is effective in all afflictions that are influenced by cortisone."
"Bee venom simulates the release of cortisone (cortisol)"

"Bee venom is hemorrhagic, differing from snake (viper) venom, which is a coagulant. As well as containing: apamine, melittin, phospholipase, hyaluronidase, which have the opposing action of inhibiting the nervous system, and stimulating the heart and the adrenal glands; the venom also contains the mineral substances, volatile organic acids, formic acid, hydrochloric acid, ortho-phosphoric acid. Also present are some antibiotics, an enzyme – phospholipase A, as well as two amino acids rich in sulphur methionine and cystine. Sulphur is the main element in inducing the release of cortisol from the adrenal glands, and in protecting the body against infections."
http://www.internethealthlibrary.com/Th ... herapy.htm

I use hydrocortisone on my scalp EOD, maybe this is a good alternative. I can't find any cosmetically friendly bee venom products though, the best I could find is this cream http://www.shopnewzealand.co.nz/en/cp/Bee_Venom_Cream

Something I don't understand - cortisol is supposedly bad for hair which is why you need to keep it at bay internally by reducing stress levels etc, but topically is it good for hair? Or is it talking about a different type of cortisol (cortisone)?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Bee venom

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:55 pm

This reminds me of Hairback...the topical contains bee venom- "HAIRBACK® contains extracts from selected floral honeybee products including honey, propolis, royal jelly, pollen, beeswax, and bee venom ". Some of us used this years ago..loved the shampoo. The topical was kind of..errr..sticky :-s

http://www.honeyderm.com/hair-loss-c-21.html

I wonder if it's the same as before..I don't recall the emu oil or even black seed or tumeric. But it's been so long. The shampoo: "It provides an enhanced delivery system for its vital supplements of honey, black seed, turmeric, emu oil together with other herbal ingredients from the Hairback...."

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:49 pm

On your last question there..actually if it's low it is not good either- for hair as well.

j872
Regular Poster

Post by j872 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:42 am

Jacob wrote:On your last question there..actually if it's low it is not good either- for hair as well.
so could hydrocortisone actually have negative affects on hair?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07 pm

I would ask one of the experts here at HLF..but from what I've read using it a few times a week seems to be ok. Overusing it could cause problems.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:35 pm

See #5 below..
Neural Therapy with Bee-Venom
by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., PhD

Neural Therapy (NT) is a treatment of dysfunction(s) within the autonomic nervous system (ANS). NT was developed in Germany in the early part of this century by two physicians, Walter and Ferdinand Huneke. Historically it involves the injection of scars, glands, trigger points, acupuncture points, vascular structures, ligaments and autonomic ganglia with procaine.
Bee Venom Therapy(BVT) is a treatment modality which may be thousands of years old. It involves either the application of live bee stings to the skin of a patient or in more recent years the injection of bee venom into the skin with a hypodermic needle.

The author began using bee venom in his practice more than 12 years ago and found the combination of BVT and NT a powerful and effective treatment modality. This combination appears in properly selected cases clearly more effective than either BVT or NT alone.

Method: the safe parameters for this treatment are the same as for the single modalities: in the first treatment no more than 0.4ml of BV* are used in a syringe together with the desired amount of Procaine solution. No more than 25 ml of 1 % preservative free Procaine are used per treatment. The amount of BV can be gradually increased, if the patient is seen twice/week regularly up to 2.5 ml/treatment. The upper limit for the use of Procaine does not change. With the use of BV in NT it is usually quite effective, to use only small amounts of BV (0.1-0.2ml) with each treatment. In order to reduce the stinging sensation during the injection, 1 ml of 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate can be drawn up per 10 ml of Procaine. This reduces the effect of the injection somewhat but enhances the compliance of the patient because it makes the treatment less painful and therefor easier tolerated.

The following NT procedures are clearly enhanced by adding BV to the solution:

1. Scar injections
2. Segmental Therapy injections ( i.e. liver, kidneys, thyroid etc.)
3. Skin injections over painful joints (bunion, jaw-joint, etc.)
4. Skin injections over painful areas
5. Skin injections for hair loss
0.1 ml of bee-venom (BV 20) contain approximately the same amount of BV as a real bee-sting, delivered by a honey bee to the skin of a human
BV 20 is available out there..anyone care to try? Or slap some of this on your head http://www.madumanuka.com/en/index.php? ... &Itemid=54 ...use one of those ultrasonic devices with it. Just jump in the shower when yer done...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:42 pm