seborraic dermititis shampoo?

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

seborraic dermititis shampoo?

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 am

i am at a loss, i cannot seem to get rid of my seb derm. Real seb derm i mean, not just bad dandruff, but giant yellow
scabby flakes that fall out and take many hairs with them, and drive me crazy with the itching. Nizoral does work, but like
all chemicals, has bad effects, like drying ur hair out, and even thinning.

ive been looking through the iherb shampoos (many hundreds of them), and i thought i should just ask the forum first.
i am looking for something with things like TTO, aloe vera, burdock etc, + anything u think will help,
and something that will also attack as many other angles as possible.

i just dont know which one to try, and dont fancy wasting more time to find the best one.

pls dont answer unless u have experienced seborraic dermititis, or know something about it,
its basically an overgrowth of yeast, and could be the sole source of my hairloss, its certainly
a major factor.

ive tried aubreys mens stock ginseng . ... and 1 and 2% nizoral

WHICH IHERB SHAMPOO SHOULD I BUY FOR SEBORRAIC DERMITITIS??? Thanx in advance

Fizzball
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: seborraic dermititis shampoo?

Post by Fizzball » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:12 am

Have u tried selsun blue, I found this one to work okay for dandruff, it can be found in your local coles or woolworths store.

It took several washes to get it under control but once i did it a few times I didn't require to use it as much and can now go for months without having to use it at all and unlike Nizoral 1% and 2% it won't leave your hair dry in fact I have found it to deep condition my hair to a reasonable standard.
When washing your hair keep the water to a decent level and don't over dry your scalp and hair with overly hot water, much like using a hair dryer I find that alternating the heat ranges lower towards the end results in a higher quality look and feel to the hair but I believe it is also good to the scalp condition.

I believe this is the once i used
http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp ... trol+200mL

When I get the chance I will find the bottle and post up the ingredients listing if you like.

Dandruff is a concern and I do believe it is an added cause to hairloss.

When I first used Niz my scalp felt lighter but it also was dryer but after using selsun blue my scalp felt nice and conditioned, I'm not sure what sort of results you will get but it did the trick for me and unfortunately sometimes what works for one won't often work for another.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: seborraic dermititis shampoo?

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:15 pm

hey, thanx for the reply, ill try selsun when my niz runs out.