B-Twixt probiotics/Kefir

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

B-Twixt probiotics/Kefir

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:08 am

http://rhozeekefiran.com/BtwixtHome.aspx
B-Twixt is the signature product of Rho-Zee Kefiran, is a Probiotic Conditioning Hair Wash, that will Nourish, Cleanse, Condition your hair from the roots. Natural Probiotic bacteria. Promotes healthy hair growth through bacterial cleansing of clogged hair follicles it Cleans, Repairs and smooths damaged hair, Bonds and melts, easily into hair immediately detangling and smoothing.

Serum Kefir is not only the creamy base of our conditioner, but is a gentle probiotic cleanser, working to clear the pores of your scalp and promoting hair growth. Serum Kefir is also naturally high in lactic acid, an element that will help to soften, condition, repair split ends, smooth hair, produce shine, silkiness, body, fullness and texturize, making hair easier to comb, leaving your hair soft and beautiful. It also, provides an antidandruff treatment making your scalp healthy. It creates a barrier against environmental stresses between applications. You will notice the difference after one treatment. Consistent long term use will result in stronger hair, sleeker hair with less fly aways.

j872
Regular Poster

Re: B-Twixt probiotics/Kefir

Post by j872 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Do their other leave in moisturizers contain probiotics too or is it just the conditioner?

Any links to other probitioc conditioners or serums? I'm getting tired of putting kefir on my head then washing it out, it would be more convenient to have something cosmetically friendly to apply then leave on all day. It would also make sense to use a shampoo that would kill fungus/bacteria, then after use a probiotic coditioner to restore the good bacteria balance.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 pm

I think they all do..they all contain the Kefiran Serum. I could be wrong though..so I've sent an email their way. Hopefully they'll respond..either here or via email.

There's more info here: http://rhozeekefiran.com/aboutus.aspx I guess they have more than just a haircare line 8)

Some other probiotic products in this thread: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... 4181&hilit ..the Kerastase product is what I currently use.

And of course probiotics internally can help..the latest example of that can be seen here: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... 4116&hilit

j872
Regular Poster

Post by j872 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:17 am

Any idea of the mechanism in which internal probiotics work at helping the scalp/skin? From my understanding they just remain in the intestines and can't enter the bloodstream to spread throughout your entire body.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:43 pm

I don't think they're actually making their way to the skin etc..here's some quotes that may help:
To understand how probiotics and skin problems are related, it is important to understand what exactly probiotics do. As a part of the environment of the digestive tract, these bacteria help with the digestion of food, the absorption of minerals and other nutrients, and the function of the digestive and immune systems. In addition, probiotics create a barrier against a variety of different types of harmful substances, inducing bad bacteria, pollutants, free radicals, and allergens.

It is perhaps the barrier against allergens that gives probiotics its power with skin problems. Whether or not we realize it, eczema, especially in infants, is often the result of a food allergy. Probiotics like L. reuteri Protectis can help protect the body against these allergies. The effectiveness of probiotics with skin problems like eczema is almost undeniable. In clinical studies, infants who were given probiotics would typically not see any eczema until after the age of four years old, while infants who were given a placebo tended to develop eczema by the age of two years old. In the same way, some probiotics can also help with acne.
http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/ ... -problems/
For this reason, researchers have been experimenting with topical probiotic remedies along with supplements to improve acne, signs of aging, and other skin conditions. Studies show that the “good” bacteria help neutralize some of the hostile bacteria, so our bodies can absorb and use the nutrients from what we eat a lot more effectively. When we don’t have this type of balance, our system often reacts with acne, skin discoloration, sensitivity and other negative conditions of the skin. Basically, an imbalance of good and bad bacteria means that the bad bacteria are outnumbering the good bacteria which cause an unnatural flow within our bodies.
http://www.allstarhealth.com/blog/misce ... lthy-skin/
These toxins come from those pathogens or bad bacteria that take over our intestinal tract. It has been shown that in about 50% of cases of acne, the natural balance of the gut bacteria has been disrupted and the bad bacteria are multiplying faster than the good bacteria. This is referred to as dysbiosis- the disturbance of the natural balance, which is an underlying cause of acne. Probiotics really can make a difference in helping to clear your skin of acne.
http://www.pamelaegan.com/articles/prob ... e_0001.htm

And from the other thread:
She and her coworkers at L'Oréal in Clichy, France, had previously shown that the probiotic speeds recovery of skin barrier function following controlled damage induced by tape stripping. They also demonstrated that L. paracasei helps regulate skin immune function.

Since those defects play an important role in dandruff conditions, the investigators decided to explore L. paracasei as a potential treatment for this common flaky scalp condition.
For example, most cases of acne are now believed to arise not only out of the presence of an androgen hormone called DHT within the sebaceous glands, but of an individual's particular sensitivity to that hormone. According to Garcia, hormone activity is profoundly affected by the balance of bacteria in our guts, because the liver's ability to successfully metabolize hormones, is greatly influenced by our probiotic health.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Promotes healthy hair growth through bacterial cleansing of clogged hair follicles
Thinkin' this may be a stretch, if not downright fictitious.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Oh..I dunno..if things can clean up the mites and what they leave behind... :wink:

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:27 pm

What cleanes up mites? SBT?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:37 pm

That and other things..you remember all those discussions. I even posted some things for that(which prevented anyone from using them..or admitting they were using them :lol: ) I miss dex :(

I do still like the idea of beefing up the good bacteria etc rather than trying to kill things..except for maybe initially...

j872
Regular Poster

Post by j872 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 am

Any idea if this soap actually contains live cultures that can be activated? It lists the probiotic extract is a humidifying agent, would this be affective at increasing good bacteria on skin or not?
http://www.iherb.com/Dr-Ohhira-s-Essent ... /9125?at=0

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:10 am

It says elsewhere that the probiotic extract is "Lactic Acid Bacteria Extract ". I would think it would help.