Elsom's new products

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Elsom's new products

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:22 pm

I guess I'm no longer on their email list :lol: Came across this when looking up Terminal 1&2. Something else that slipped my mind..from an email awhile ago..apple stem cells are now available via their Formulator. At the time they said you'd have to email to request it..so not sure if it's on the Formulator page now or not.
New Shampoo:
Micellarin Fight™ Advanced Shampoo for Extreme Scalp Cleaning

Micellarin Fight™ Advanced Shampoo offers good foaming and excellent detergency, leaving scalp clean and hair silky soft.
Botanical ingredients in Micellarin Fight™ are

* green tea [Camellia sinensis]
source of polyphenols said to have anti-aging protective effects against free radicals
* ku shen [Sophora flavescens]
traditionally used to control inflammation
* ginseng [Panax ginseng]
traditionally used to balance skin oil production and improve skin texture
* horsetail [Equisetum arvense]
rich source of organic silica
* essential oil of rosemary [Rosmarinus officinalis]
traditional remedy for dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis

The shampoo also features a special combination of very mild surfactants.

We added no color and no perfume to Micellarin Fight™ shampoo. Its dark color is a direct result of the huge amounts of botanical extracts we add to the shampoo. We don’t use any “botanical color imitators” such as caramel or other darkening agents; we just use pure, honest botanical extracts. The botanicals in Micellarin Fight™ are a unique combination of botanical extracts which have profound roles in the maintenance of healthy-looking and healthy-feeling hair and scalp.
When you buy any two Micellarin Fight™ Shampoos, we will add a third for free:
pay for 448gr (16oz) and receive 672 gr (24oz).
Hue-2, companion to Micellarin Hue, now sold separately and in Care Kit for Grey Hair
Posted on January 13th, 2010 ElsomResearch No comments

When we introduced Micellarin Hue™ shampoo in June 2009, we expanded our line of scalp and hair care formulations to directly address an important process: hair’s changes in color and texture. In response to stress, illness, aging, or other factors, some people lose their hair; for other people, hair is not lost but becomes brittle and loses its color. Of course, many people experience both kinds of changes, losing some hair and having the remaining hair lose its color, turning grey or white. Our Micellarin™ shampoos provide excellent scalp cleaning and enhanced hair fullness, no matter how your hair may be changing; with added botanical extracts of bhringraj [Eclipta alba], Micellarin Hue™ also provides a hue-enhancing effect for colorless grey hair.

To strengthen and enhance the effect of Micellarin Hue™ shampoo on white, grey, and greying hair, we are now offering a leave-in lotion, Hue-2™, as a companion product. Like Micellarin Hue™ shampoo, Hue-2™ lotion is rich in bhringraj and other beneficial ingredients; however, while a shampoo is meant to be fully rinsed after brief contact with scalp and hair, Hue-2™ lotion can be applied after shampooing and then left in place for as long as you wish.
http://nanosomin.com/news/

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Elsom's new products

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Anyone happen to try the new shampoo yet?

This spring I may switch from Lamas to a custom topical from these guys..with the apple stem cell ingred. I may just have Dr. Y suggest other things to add, as I'd want to be able to apply it in the morning. Anything that doesn't show or smell :-s

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Bayberry has come up again in other forums..was considering adding this, as it seems Elsom is the only one that has available an extract that doesn't require dumping alcohol on your head.

From Hairsite:
According to the researcher of bayberry, Dr. Matsuda. "Extracting 1g bayberry bark root with 5ml 50% ethanol solution, and putting 1/10 of the solution on the target. The INHIBITING RATE OF DHT was 80.7%." Bayberry is dose dependent and has few known side effects.
PDF on that: http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb/24/3/259/_pdf

But then again..I thought I/we had posted some other things that claimed just as high "inhibting rate" ..or nearly as high..or higher... \:D/

I suppose we could go back and look to see if anyone actually noticed any results from using the stuff.. :-s

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Joey Ramone » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:47 am

Just sounds like another thing posters have a 'feeling' about to me. Will wait and see what comes of it before looking into it too heavily myself.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Well..and it's nothing new. Back in the old Hairsite days there was Waseda and his followers that used Bayberry(again..him and prob many others also took Fin)..and then a company called Ancient Way was selling such a topical and I think just the Bayberry. AW left the hair loss business..I think due to the FDA or something..