Hair Anagen Complex Topical

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Hair Anagen Complex Topical

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:08 pm

A pretty bold claim...

http://wiki.plantstemcells.net/index.ph ... ex_Topical
This complex works as well if not better than the existing Propecia (Finasteride) or Minoxidil (Rogaine) products without the toxicity. Fifty to one-hundred club hairs are shed daily from a normal scalp anything more is abnormal.

Betulinic Acid Concentrate

Crab Apple (Malus sylvestris) – buds

Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) – buds

Lemon Tree (Citrus limonum) – bark

Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) – young shoots

White Willow (Salix alba) – buds

Suggested use: at bedtime apply 20-30 drops on the scalp and rub and in the morning shampoo your hair daily with a rosemary based shampoo preferable.
I'm not sure if those are all "stem cells" of those parts of the plants or ? That's what the whole website is about though :-s

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Re: Hair Anagen Complex Topical

Post by Brunz19 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm slightly confused by that site... doesn't even seem like you can buy the product. Unless perhaps you join their community or something? I don't know. I don't even know if they're even using stem cells...

So confused.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:04 pm

On their main site you can see products that are for sale..but not this one.. that I can see. http://plantstemcells.net/ Not just anyone can buy 'em though.

The other is their "wiki" site..so anybody could have put that there. I emailed them to see what's up. You'd think a website link would have been provided if someone was just trying to spam there.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:47 am

Got a response..may post more after I send out some more ?'s:
The Hair Anagen Complex is a new complex and will be available in bulk in mid-February. Our extracts are made from the meristem and embryonic tissues of our plants that contain the non differentiated stem cells of the plant. This embryonic material is extracted and suspended in 60% organic grape alchohol.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:25 am

On the high alcohol content:
The complex contain Glycerin along with the alcohol and there is cholesterol in the herbs that are present in the Complex... which will help alleviate the potential drying affects of the high alcohol content.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Lots of companies have claimed better success then fin or min, but no-ones ever proven it, or lived up to it. lots of them say they r better because they dont have side effects. but if u want to stop what is essentially a natural process, u have to do something unnatural to ur body, (chemicals, various artificial light wavelengths), and when u have one strong effect on the body, u have to take the bad effects with the good effects.

i understand plant stemcells r good to get the science downpat for human stemcells, but how the fricked hell can a plant stemcell be used in a human to stem human cells? im going into my 3rd yr of medical science, and i simply dont understand this. can someone explain it to me? i mean i know someone with leukemia, and stem cells are collected from blood and bone marrow, and frozen for later infusion, or collected from a compatible person. If plant stem cells could be used legitamitly in humans, i dont see why the medical community would nt be using them, instead, its just these pseudo scientists in the 'natural treatment hairloss industry'', which is a nice way of saying , 'biggest collection of scam artists in the world.

oh, and steve from scalpure, said his product was better than fin or min. yet i havent regrown any hair yet from it. I can tell u, im about ready to concede defeat, admit that im not smart enoguh to solve this problem on my own, and start pooping those damn sex killer pills. At least with the success i know id have with finasteride, i could get some hairs regrowing, and extend my 30 month window a bit. while i wait for something decent to come out.

what i find ironic about finasteride is for alot of people its a choice. sex or hair. going bald reduces ur chances of getting sex, (at least when ur young), reversing baldness with fin. increases ur chances of sex, but decreases ur capacity to peform. so since im single at the moment, its no sex, or still no sex. lol, oh and by the way, abstinance both from sex and masturbation, doesnt stop mpb. im living proof.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Well if you want to get into THAT..there's a certain individual who always claimed his internal regimen would blow the doors off of fin and minox :-s

But on plant stem cells helping human stem cells..it doesn't take plant stem cells to do that(I don't think this particular company is even saying that each "extract" will have an effect on stem cells). There have been "plain" extracts that have an effect- laminaria comes to mind. http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/2 ... 273212.php
The mechanism of hair growth has been clarifying itself by the improvement in the culture techniques for hair follicle cells. Recently stem cells inducing the anagen phase in the hair follicle cycle have been discovered in the bulge region of the outer root sheath (ORS). To find growth-promoting agents for the ORS cells, we evaluated the effect of various botanical extracts on the growth of cultured human hair follicles. We found that Laminaria angustata extract increased the ORS cell growth. Further, hair-growth in the shaved skin of C3H mice was also promoted by the topical application of the extract.
On the apple stem cell: http://www.mibellebiochemistry.com/publ ... ellTec.php

I don't think they're making anything up..and I don't see anywhere any of them claiming to cure cancer or Parkinson's or anything..yet.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 pm

This stuff is soon to be available.

Update from them on ingreds and if they'd be selling to just anybody:
Arnica
California Poppy
Cedar of Lebanon
Rosemary
White Birch
White Willow
Betulinic Acid Concentrate

Its $60 retail and available to anyone, but orders must be phoned in 631 477 6696.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Their latest e-newsletter says 15% off " "all order over $100 thru this Thursday, Aug 5."

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Someone from the company *may* be showing up here to post more info and answer questions.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:44 am

I missed the sale on this..they had the 15% off again until Dec 3..will see if they'll have it again. I'd like to add it to my rotation for awhile(and it has nothing to do with their claims :-s ) They now have it on the website: http://store.plantstemcells.net/product ... cts_id=185

Heath
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Ketoconazole 2% Biotin Supplements, LLLT, Regenepure DR shampoo, tretanion/minox mix

Post by Heath » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:50 am

Meh.....

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Meh...nearly a year later you come by and say Meh...Meh :lol:

Keep in mind when reading the ingreds that they're using plant stem cells- " Our extracts are made from the meristem and embryonic tissues of our plants that contain the non differentiated stem cells of the plant." ...but again, I'm not crazy about the claims for this particular product... but I might as well be the one to experiment with it. :-s

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Just posting this for my own...future..reference. Looks like they've moved here: http://www.plantstemcellsnutrition.com/