Cococin™- showed significant increases in the growth of fibroblasts

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Cococin™- showed significant increases in the growth of fibroblasts

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:03 pm

This stuff is available..or at least was..from BAC.

http://www.insidecosmeceuticals.com/art ... -care.aspx
The secrets of visibly healthy hair are embedded in the biologically active cells in the scalp. The visible hair shaft is a non-living keratinous appendage or cuticle that stems from the hair follicle. At the cellular level, healthy survival of a significant number of dermal papillary cells is essential to sustain hair growth, and to facilitate the functions of associated endocrine systems. Hair dermal papilla cells are specialized mesenchymal cells that play major roles in hair formation, growth, and cycling. In cycling, a period of growth (anagen) is followed by periods of involution (catagen) and resting (telogen).

Adequate nourishment is essential to ensure healthy cell growth. The liquid endosperm of green coconut is a natural “sports drink,” a reservoir of nutrients and growth factors for the plant embryo. The liquid is rich in proteins, amino acids, sugars, vitamins, minerals and growth factors with pivotal roles in supporting tissue growth. Shikimic acids and quinic acids have been found in extracts of coconut water obtained from fruits at various stages of development, with the greatest amounts being found in young, green coconuts. These compounds, along with identified cytokinins also play an important role in the nourishment and growth of plant and animal cells. The amount of RNA-phosphorus (RNA-P) in coconut water was discovered to be consistently high in green coconut water. The RNA of coconut water would therefore efficiently support the metabolic mechanism vital to the budding endosperm tissue of the coconut, and sustain the growth of other living cells as well, in tissue culture. The presence of amino acids including arginine (a precursor of urea) supports hydration of living tissues.

Laboratory studies using a proprietary freeze-dried form of green coconut water (Cococin™), showed significant increases in the growth of fibroblasts. Levels of 1 to 5 percent w/w are recommended for use in hair care compositions to support healthy hair growth and hydration.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Cococin™- showed significant increases in the growth of fibroblasts

Post by Jacob » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:33 am

I think I may start adding this to my shampoo/topicals....even take it internally...

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:35 am

Where can we get this?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 am

http://www.easycart.net/BeyondACenturyI ... s_A-G.html (scroll down a bit)

http://www.skinactives.com/product/deta ... ?prodID=28 (may or may not be the Cococin brand)

Gonna look around some more later. I thought there was a shampoo that contained it..etc.

And btw..I knew that Kinetin(as it's also called in the second link) in some Elsom products sounded familiar.. Will have to look if any of the hair products contain it...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:00 pm

This stuff is pretty cheap. I think I'll add some to my shampoo

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:56 am

If it is not fresh and frozen dry how sure can we be that it maintains its integrity and the valuable nutrients aren't lost?

In the last link they do mention that they have a process of sorts to maintain the quality of the composition but I wonder what others are doing and are they as affective in their process.

This is where I would like to hear from DrYechiel as this kind of element seems perfectly in line with the elsoms ingredients range.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:42 pm

With the Cococin- they talk about having a process to preserve it etc too. That's the one I'm most interested in as I'd like to drink it up as well.

Dr. Y made a comment about this in his forum:
I think that apple stem cells are a good start, just as kinetin which is a plant growth factor was also found to be very effective on animal tissue. Plant growth factors seem to have some merit in humans and maybe one of these days people will sprinkle Miracle Grow or its much more expensive “specially made human version” on their skin and head and have some rejuvenating effects.

http://skincare-cosmeceuticals.com/form ... topic=56.0

I can't believe I didn't connect the dots when he was bringing that up [-( Probably would of had that added to my topical as well.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Looks like the coconut endosperm contains kinetin:
Besides the well known plant hormone, kinetin, coconut endosperm also contains vitamins, amino acids, sugars, minerals, and more. Contains Kinetin, which we also sell in its pure form.
http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=45169

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:30 pm

Is this basically just another apple stem cell? Hmmmm, anyway way of getting it into a lotion with a good delivery system?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:52 pm

It's bascially a bit different :-s

My guess is you could just add it to whatever else you're using. I guess Marula oil Emu oil or DMI http://cellbone.com/DMI_Solution.htm etc could be used.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm

In case anyone is ordering anything from BAC...
Current Coupon Codes

Free Standard Shipping Coupon for Orders Over $40 -- Use Coupon Code FREE during final check out. ($5 credit will appear on your order receipt when you submit) OR
5% off product total of $60 or more using coupon code BAC5
7% off product total of $100 or more using coupon code BAC7
10% off product total of $150 or more using coupon code BAC10
http://www.beyondacenturyonline.com/ret ... 248E233F5D

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Disclosed is a topical composition comprising therapeutically effective amounts of solubilized labdane diterpenoids in combination with freeze dried liquid endosperm of Cocos nucifera to (i) prevent the progression of alopecia; (ii) to treat alopecia and therapeutic methods thereof.
The present invention relates to the use of a solubilized form of labdane diterpenoids and freeze dried liquid endosperm of Cocos nucifera in the manufacture of a medicament for the treatment of alopecia, wherein the treatment method involves the steps of topically applying to the affected area of the scalp the said medicament comprising solubilized 2% w/w of forskolin and 5% freeze dried liquid endosperm of Cocos nucifera. Alternatively, the labdane diterpenoids may include derivatives and isomers of forskolin or combinations thereof.

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20080241285

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:52 am

Ive seen a some articles to suggest the coconut oil may help with DHT -more topically in my opinion.

Thanks
Pete

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:07 am

Can this be added to Bioclin?

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:49 am

I've been adding it to my Elsom shampoo - have to mix up daily. apparently when Cococin encounters moisture it get moldy within a couple of days. I've noticed a bit of shedding when I started adding it to my shampoo. I leave it on for 5 min. Would be great to have a Cococin already in the shampoo.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:52 am

here is one...not sure if it is any good

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/rpn/ ... 12-oz.html

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:27 am

That one has been out of stock for ages :shock:

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:13 pm

If the "cococin" is actually the Cococin being talked about here..then it looks good. 8)

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:48 am

DR Y thinks monolaurin has benefits.
Last edited by Pete2 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:31 am

From ever since you brought this one up Jacob it has been on my mind, I think everyone knows the benefit of coconut in terms of hair repair, I once poured a bottle coconut water juice on my hair and waited a few long hours and then had shampoo and my hair felt and looked much better after I came out of the shower.
I wonder if there is an actual decent product using the Cococin mentioned here.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:56 am

Fizzball..thanks for bumping this up. I did do a search again not too long ago..didn't find anything new at the time. I'm going to see if Elsom can add it to their Formulator, if they can't come out with a product on their own that contains it. Their LinoCare contains monolaurin(which is in coconut oil)..so I don't know if it'd make sense to add it to that. That particular topical actually is quite neutral-colored(and smelling) to begin with..so it'd be cheaper to add the Cococin to that than to have a custom made up. And while I'm looking at having another custom topical made up..not sure if it'd make sense to put Cococin in it. It was going to be based around either Bayberry or that fat soluble pollen extract. Or both. Or neither. :-s

But in the meantime maybe one of us can across something else that contains it.

india7834
Treatment Regimen: .

Post by india7834 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:42 am

Hi

I am new to this forum and only found it by default. I work in conjuction with the company that manufactures Cococin. This product is ideal as a hair, skin and nail formula. I am currently in the process of formulating a range of nutraceutical products, both oral and topical, with Cococin as the main base ingredient. It is available in water soluble extracts or a beverage grade syrup as well as a cosmeceutical grade.

In answer to the question 'does it retain the same properties and how is it preserved'. Cococin is the result of immediately freeze drying the green coconut water as it is extracted from the fruit. All the water is extracted leaving the fruits eadible fibres together with ALL the nutrients. As an example, with the syrup, this is a highly sweet honey like ingredient and when diluted approx 8-10 times in water it delivers the exact product as if drinking from the green fruit. Taste is amazing too. Not only that, it is packed with minerals, amino acids and proteins.

I woyuld be interested in talking with anyone who is interested in using this product. As one or two people have mentioned, getting the active ingredients inside the body is also a major plus with any nutraceutical skin care product and Cococin delivers this in a variety of ways. I believe this will be a very successful product over the next few years.

many thanks.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun May 01, 2011 9:47 am

Hello and welcome to the forum 8)

I'm very interested in using this ingredient..internally as well as externally. I've tried another company's powdered coconut water and love coconut water ready-to-drink..but only when on sale :-s I wonder if your "syrup" could just be taken on it's own..little squeeze packets that you empty in your mouth or on a spoon. Could even be different flavors. It'd be nice to have a cold drink of it..but it'd sure be more convenient and quick to just take it straight.

I and I'm sure others would be interested in learning more about what you're working on. As I said in my previous post..I asked Elsom Research about obtaining the ingredient for use in a topical, even if it's via their Formulator where you have a custom topical made by them..and it sounds like they may be doing so. But who knows. I would also love to see it in a shampoo..if it's at a high enough concentration.

Thanks 8)

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:00 pm

I wonder if the coconut killed him :?

Here's a liquid version..new product from Swanson: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU731/ItemDetail