Stimucap- Bioclin Advance

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Stimucap- Bioclin Advance

Post by Jacob » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm bringing this over from Regrowth..there seemed to be quite a bit of interest in the ingred combo. There's a new product line containing it: http://www.avariohealthcare.com/HAIR_LO ... S_MEN.html

Potassium CLA Glutathione

o Glutathione is a tripeptide that is synthesized in the liver and performs a cell protective function in all animals due its activity as an anti-oxidant actions to reduce oxidative stress and detoxifying agent.
# Glutathione a safe and well known protective agent in the body evidence by 88,403 publication citations (pubmed.com)
+ Potassium CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) Glutathione – Topical Glutathione acts poorly due to the skin barrier. Conjugated Linoleic Acid enhances the delivery and stability of Glutathione. Furthermore Conjugated Linoleic acid, a member of the essential fatty acid family acts as a potent anti oxidant. CLA Glutathione is well documented with 22 publication citations (pubmed.com).

Sodium DNA - Acts to nourish and stimulate the regeneration of that tissues surround the hair follicles.

# Studies have shown that hydrolyzed DNA is capable of inducing cells to multiply.
Clinical tests found that over a 3 months period in 30 patients (males & female) ages 22-55 with alopecia and telogen effluvium.

o In wash tests to determine hair loss,
+ 35% reduction in hair loss was observed using Potassium CLA Glutathione/Sodium DNA (PCG/SD) comparable to 2% Minoxidil.
+ PCG/SD observed results was quicker than Minoxidil.
o In pull tests to determine hair resistance,
+ PCG/SD demonstrated 40% increase in hair resistance compared to 17% with 2% Minoxidil.
+ These results demonstrate that PCG/SD is capable of increasing the strength of the hair, which slows future hair loss.
o Significantly better tolerability was observed with PCG/SD than with Minoxidil. PCG/SD demonstrated no side effects compared to the well documented side effects of Minoxidil.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Stimucap

Post by Jacob » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:29 pm

hopeful19
Regular Poster

Post by hopeful19 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Great find Jacob.

I wonder how many month cycles of the product need to be completed?
This would obviously be something that would need to be continued to maintain any results?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:33 pm

I'll get some answers from them on that..they've already responded about a question I had about shipping- it is free shipping to the USA as well.

The Kigelia Africana fruit extracts looks interesting...I see it's in some other hair products as well. I had gotten a very potent jar of this stuff years ago- it's used for skin disorders..even cancer. Didn't know it was anti-dht though.

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Seems like they're only claiming that it slows down hair loss, no?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 am

That's probably because they can't claim regrowth etc.

Here's some info they sent: http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&pid=gm ... 50vsY_Xr5A

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 am

Brunz19 wrote:Seems like they're only claiming that it slows down hair loss, no?
They aren't flat out saying regrowth, but one of their charts alludes to it, Increase in Anagen (New Hair):

The findings seem good, but I'd like to see pictures!
A subjective analysis was conducted to assess each of the participant assessment of the relative benefit of the product by providing a questionnaire with a listed of questions. Evaluation was based on the relative score of each question to calculate the percentage of satisfied subjects. Figure 2 demonstrated that at the 30 days assessment point, at least 50% or more individuals were satisfied with the product performance based on reducing hair loss, regrowth of new hair, increase hair thickness, faster regrow and making hair stronger. These results improved further at the 60 days review period, with the exception of quicker hair regrowth.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:06 am

Well..there is the one before/after here: http://www.in-cosmetics.com/ExhibitorLi ... HURE_2.pdf

But everybody knows how much I just looooove pictures :-s

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 am

So, is this an everyday treatment or use for a few months and see what happens?

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Jacob wrote:Well..there is the one before/after here: http://www.in-cosmetics.com/ExhibitorLi ... HURE_2.pdf

But everybody knows how much I just looooove pictures :-s
Wow, that picture looks impressive. The skeptic in me is trying to figure out how they faked it :D .

What slightly concerns me is the fact that the formula name is reeeeeeeeally close to Minox -> "STIMOXIDIL". If this works, I don't want to drop $80/month on it.

That said, did they say if each ampoule can be used more than once (ie, closed or recapped?). If I'm treating a small area, it could be possible to stretch this out for 2 or 3 months in which case the cost isn't too bad.

Of course, permanent regrowth would be the best, but there's no money in a cure!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Response to the above questions:
-With cycles, we recommend a 3 1-month cycles (90 days). However, with some individuals, it might be better to maintain usage, especially with androgenetic alopecia, since that's a genetically driven process. Note from the data (website) with the Bioclin product, results were evident from 30 days increasing to 60 days.

- We do have data on regrowth, as noted in the Bioclin data on the website. Note that by 30 days, almost 50% of the individuals had a statistical significant increase in new hair as evident by the use of Phototrichogram imagery. Also, based on subjective analysis by the individuals, they corroborated the results with over 50% citing regrowth of new hairs by 30 days.
xyion1..will forward your questions-"That said, did they say if each ampoule can be used more than once (ie, closed or recapped?). If I'm treating a small area, it could be possible to stretch this out for 2 or 3 months in which case the cost isn't too bad."

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:24 pm

The ampoules comes with a cap and a dispenser. One can potentially cap the unused portion of the ampoule for further use. This will allow one to stretch the product usage out.
One can keep at room temperature, obviously for not an extended time. Refrigeration would help, although not needed. We have extended stability data on the product. Thanks,
That last one there is about the opened ampoules.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Jacob wrote:Response to the above questions:

xyion1..will forward your questions-"That said, did they say if each ampoule can be used more than once (ie, closed or recapped?). If I'm treating a small area, it could be possible to stretch this out for 2 or 3 months in which case the cost isn't too bad."
Jacob, I sent them an email also, they have a very good response time!

Here are my questions and their response:

Questions:
1. The STIMOXIDIL complex sounds awfully close to Minoxidil. Is STIMOXIDIL all natural? Can you provide an ingredients list?
2. Is this a permenant cure, with treatments lasting 1-12 months depending on baldness and then no additional is required for maintainance? Or is this a perpetual solution a la Rogaine or Propecia?
3. Can each ampoule be recapped, or does all of the solution need to be used once it is opened? I am thinning a very little bit along the hairline and don't need/want to cover my entire head with product. This may make the 15 ampoules last a bit longer.
Response
1- Stimoxidil complex is all natural - ingredients - Conjugated Linoleic acid (omgea fatty acid) (CLA)- Glutathione (amino acid peptide - biological - google glutathione), Sodium DNA (broken up DNA- biological), Kigelia africana fruit extract, Cinnamon extract, Sage and Ginko extract - as per the website. The Stimoxidil does sound similar to Minoxidil but it's an entirely different complex.

2- The recommendation is for 3 1-month cycles. However, with androgenetic alopecia, which is a genetically driven process, there is no permanent cure. So one will need to monitor for possible continual usage. Note, one should consider the shampoo with the ampoules, unless you have a good shampoo for the hair.

3- The ampoules has a cap and a dispenser. One can cap the unused portion for further use. This will allow you to stretch the usage of the ampoules.
Their customer service is very good. I might actually give this a go, especially since they are saying that you can see results in 3 months and then just go on maintainance if you're happy. For my progression towards NW2 it seems rather ideal to get back to NW1, or at least a "straighter" hairline.

Any word on exactly how long it'll last unused, refrigerated?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:09 am

I'm guessing you'd use it up in time for there to be any worries.

The shampoo is tempting to me..since it'd be hard to fit in another topical at the moment. But it will be on my list of things to try- soon or eventually.

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:29 am

I wonder if we could get a "forum" discount? \:D/

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:49 pm

I'll keep an eye on this stuff. I wouldn't mind having a crack at it but I want to give the elsom terminals a fair amount of time first and they haven't even arrived yet.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:42 pm

davetherave..via their ultra-quick response- they're already discounted 25% at the moment..plus free shipping.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:10 am

I'm going to order the shampoo...if anyone tries the topical please post some feedback.

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:11 am

I *might* order the serum and try it on my Eddie Munster area. Let us knwo how the shampoo and delivery is.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by Alex Summers » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:59 pm

I ordered the serum today. I'll report back when I receive the product, and if it actually works.

Oh yeah, their customer service is incredible. I I wrote them an email regarding its safety, and they wrote me back 30 minutes later.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:06 pm

im interested, anything with glut in it, is on to a winner IMO. thats stuff saved my life. ( or at least my mental health), it cleansed me of mercury, after yrs of inhaling chemicals in factories, and now i have the mental capacity, to study again, thanks to glut i have a diploma, and almost a medical science drgree.

but this confuses me???
Contain NO chemical irritant.
NO adverse events reported with product use.
Highest purity biological and botanical ingredients.
No SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) and SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) added, which can cause skin irritation.
Heavy metals (Nickle, Chrome, Merucry, Lead, Palladium, Cobalt) tested, in order to avoid possible allergic or sensitive reactions.
Pleasant to use, due to texture.
Keratin sourced from plants, instead of animal-based.
PHYTOKERATIN® – keratin alternative is derived from wheat, corn and soy. Phytokeratin is a hair strengthening and conditioning agent that helps to maintain moisture balance.
does it mean it contains one or all of those metals? because 50 micrograms of methyl mercury is in most adult dose vaccines as a preservative. or does it mean they were tested to see what happens when the glut binds with them on the scalp, perhaps i didnt cleanse my brain of mercury after all, because that makes no sense to me.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:22 pm

:lol:

I think they forgot the NO in front of Heavy Metals..but I'll ask.

BTW..what glut supplement did you take? I don't know if you saw the pricey product I posted about in the natural health section-OSR#1..a glut booster. I took Livonlabs' for awhile but got sick of the taste.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Agree - glutathione is the best for helping cleanse the Liver.

I tried LiveOn as well, but I stopped because I do not believe reduced glutathione is very beneficial. As far as supplements go - NAC is probably better because it increases the glutathione production in the liver along with Whey Peptides.

I've now moved to a topical patch by Lifewave and it is much better http://www.lifewave.com/yage_info.asp

The other topical that I've read positive reviews on is

http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/gl ... cream.html

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:58 pm

One of the places that sells that OSR#1 product I referred to..also has glutathione in a transdermal cream: http://www.leesilsby.com/glutathione.php

Where it's sold it's out of stock though: http://www.ourkidsasd.com/products/?s=g ... ne&x=0&y=0 ..although I swear I had inquired about it some time ago and was told it was prescription only. Maybe that was the B ones....

Edit..both(creams) are prescription only. Dunno why :-s

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Looks like the 25% discount is over?

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:02 pm

I bought some two days ago thinking it would take over a month to get here, but I just received it. Turns out they are situated in a suburb right next to Toronto. I probably could have just drove there and back in half an hour. No wonder their costumer service is so good, they're Canadian! O:)

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Clinical tests found that over a 3 months period in 30 patients (males & female) ages 22-55 with alopecia and telogen effluvium.
I would like to know if there have been any studies on just androgenic alopecia.

First of all they just say "alopecia" which would include alopecia areata. Alopcia areata, as we all probably know, is a condition which often resolves by itself within some months time.
Secondly, they mix the results with those from telogen effluvium, another condition which is typically temporary.

In other words, the graphs are completely pointless. For all we know, the graphs could look exactly the same without any treatment at all or with placebo or peanut butter. And even if the product would help for alopecia areata and telogen effluvium, there is nothing that suggests it would be beneficial for androgenic alopecia (AGA = male pattern baldness) as far as I can tell.

In fact, even if they would say that some of the subjects suffered from androgenic alopecia it would still be impossible to tell what contribution, if any, the androgenic alopecia group made to the total results. Maybe it's all because of those who did not have androgenic alopecia? We need studies for androgenic alopica only!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 pm

davetherave wrote:Looks like the 25% discount is over?
Maybe :-s I'll ask..along with the alopecia ? from P_____. My guess is it's androgenic as well..since men were involved..but who knows. I don't get hung up too much on these graphs and pictures..but they can be interesting and/or a bonus.

Brunz19...that is quick. Are you trying the topical? I'll pretend I didn't hear..err..read..the Canadian comment. =;

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Due to the lousy customer service over there :twisted: ..I already have some answers. The discount is back on there..and the men in the "trial" all had androgenic alopecia.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Jacob wrote:Due to the lousy customer service over there :twisted: ..I already have some answers. The discount is back on there..and the men in the "trial" all had androgenic alopecia.

Did they say when the discount is going to end?

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:50 am

Brunz19 wrote:I bought some two days ago thinking it would take over a month to get here, but I just received it. Turns out they are situated in a suburb right next to Toronto. I probably could have just drove there and back in half an hour. No wonder their costumer service is so good, they're Canadian! O:)
Are you going to start applying it now? What is the product like, a cream or a liquid? Can you spot-apply it somewhere without it spreading all over?

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:49 pm

xyion1 wrote:
Brunz19 wrote:I bought some two days ago thinking it would take over a month to get here, but I just received it. Turns out they are situated in a suburb right next to Toronto. I probably could have just drove there and back in half an hour. No wonder their costumer service is so good, they're Canadian! O:)
Are you going to start applying it now? What is the product like, a cream or a liquid? Can you spot-apply it somewhere without it spreading all over?

I bought two boxes of the product, and one shampoo bottle. The product is a liquid that comes with an applicator you pop on and squeeze the stuff out. So ya, it's ideal for spot treatment. The ampoule is made entirely of glass, and you have to pop (break) the top off... I don't know, I find it slightly awkward. I wasn't supposed to try this out for a while, but I got home drunk last night and tried it out. I didn't break the top off properly and got a jagged edge, and the applicator popped out twice. Smells really, really nice. Like a soft cologne actually.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:03 pm

I bought it also.. But beware of the "free shipping on any order". I was charged for shipping after checkout..maybe because I live in the States?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:37 pm

How much were you charged for shipping? I noticed there was some tax or tariff or ? on mine..but nothing in the shipping area.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Nevermind, they said it's because of tax. Total was $75 CAD which equals to $73 USD.. :(

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Brunz19 wrote:
xyion1 wrote:

I bought two boxes of the product, and one shampoo bottle. The product is a liquid that comes with an applicator you pop on and squeeze the stuff out. So ya, it's ideal for spot treatment. The ampoule is made entirely of glass, and you have to pop (break) the top off... I don't know, I find it slightly awkward. I wasn't supposed to try this out for a while, but I got home drunk last night and tried it out. I didn't break the top off properly and got a jagged edge, and the applicator popped out twice. Smells really, really nice. Like a soft cologne actually.
Are you storing it in the fridge? Let us all know how it works out, I'm especially concerned with a shed of healthy terminal hairs (not miniaturized crappy ones) within the first month or so of treatment. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to try it. I've got the shedding thing under control for now.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Jacob wrote:..and the men in the "trial" all had androgenic alopecia.
...except those with telogen effulivium apparently :D

Thanks for getting the answer though, Jacob!

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:42 pm

PrematureMilli
Occasional Poster

Post by PrematureMilli » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Can someone please order this for me as I do not have a credit card that they accept at this time. I will pay you all of the fee's through paypal. You can order it and have it delivered to my p.o. box. I am also willing to pay extra for the hassle if need be thanks. Feel free to PM me.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:03 am

Definite miss, dude.

Milli, where are you at?

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:57 am

Joey Ramone wrote:
Definite miss, dude.

Milli, where are you at?
What are we talking about hit or miss? Those pictures seem pretty conclusive, and the timeline isn't something ridiculous like 3 weeks, and those guys were pretty bald!

That said, the fact that they keep comparing it to Minox (hopefully just for effectiveness) makes me think its a lifelong commitment.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:14 am

The pictures are BS, I didn't even bother reading after looking at how obviously fudged the photos are.

Edit... swearing is evidently frowned upon, who knew
Last edited by Joey Ramone on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:21 am

p__ wrote:
Jacob wrote:..and the men in the "trial" all had androgenic alopecia.
...except those with telogen effulivium apparently :D

Thanks for getting the answer though, Jacob!
Those were the WOMEN.

Look guys..like with everything I post about- I am not making any claims of any kind. The pictures don't do a whole lot for me(they never really do)..the graphs don't do a whole lot for me..etc. But as some of you from Regrowth may remember..this StimuCap combo caught quite a bit of interest for a variety of reasons(you actually DO have to read sometimes and look past pictures etc...unless the pictures are really bs and/or the same pics from a different site/product. Which I see is happening with the other product linked to here. I'll have to look at those again when I'm in a picture viewing mood :lol: ). This line contains that and some other interesting ingreds.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Oh well, I bought it already so I'm going to give it a try. :)

Jacob, from what I hear, you're suppose to use this every other day?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:23 pm

kamui2 wrote:Oh well, I bought it already so I'm going to give it a try. :)

That I don't know. I skimmed the responses above but didn't see anything. Maybe someone who has received the product can post directions.

On the other product/pictures posted..I haven't been able to view them for whatever reason. Did they take them down or is it just moi that's having the probs viewing 'em?

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Jacob wrote:
kamui2 wrote:Oh well, I bought it already so I'm going to give it a try. :)

That I don't know. I skimmed the responses above but didn't see anything. Maybe someone who has received the product can post directions.

On the other product/pictures posted..I haven't been able to view them for whatever reason. Did they take them down or is it just moi that's having the probs viewing 'em?

It's back up.

I think the old man had good results, but the younger guy, I think they just turned off the flash. LOL

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Here's what the package tells me:

USE: Apply the product oneto your dry hair or after washing them with Bioclin Phydrium-Advance Anti-loss Shampoo. Break the ampoule with the special device (holy crap, I THOUGHT that's what the other plastic thingy might be for after I CUT my finger opening my second ampoule!), Apple the distributor onto it and spread the product uniformly onto your scalp, especially where hair loss is most intense. Massage gently. Do not rinse.

FREQUENCY OF USE: apply at least three times a week for 60 days. Do at least two treatment cycles per year.

That's it.

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:02 am

I also think the older looking man had incredible results.... I don't see a difference in the younger looking man, but to be fair, I've never seen hair loss like that. What the heck kind of pattern does it even follow? It's not even a diffusely thinning kind of loss.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:55 am

66$ a month, the first klink from this tpoic is that the best site to buy the product from jacob?

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:38 am

Brunz19 wrote:Here's what the package tells me:

USE: Apply the product oneto your dry hair or after washing them with Bioclin Phydrium-Advance Anti-loss Shampoo. Break the ampoule with the special device (holy crap, I THOUGHT that's what the other plastic thingy might be for after I CUT my finger opening my second ampoule!), Apple the distributor onto it and spread the product uniformly onto your scalp, especially where hair loss is most intense. Massage gently. Do not rinse.

FREQUENCY OF USE: apply at least three times a week for 60 days. Do at least two treatment cycles per year.

That's it.
Thanks! Does it say not to use with any other topicals? I've gotten pretty partial to applying 2-3 drops of Emu oil 2x daily (the itch is GONE).

Did you happen to buy the shampoo? Can you list the ingredients.

And finally, how long is one ampule good for? One or 2 treatments (I'm guessing 1 covering the entire scalp). I'd like to test it out on a thin spot literally the size of my thumbnail, so I think I can squeeze 3-4 treatments out of 1 of them. Is the product packaging stable enough once opened to last a week or so? I know you said something about breaking the glass top and stuff...