Stimucap- Bioclin Advance

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Stimucap

Post by Brunz19 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 am

xyion1 wrote:
Brunz19 wrote:Here's what the package tells me:

USE: Apply the product oneto your dry hair or after washing them with Bioclin Phydrium-Advance Anti-loss Shampoo. Break the ampoule with the special device (holy crap, I THOUGHT that's what the other plastic thingy might be for after I CUT my finger opening my second ampoule!), Apple the distributor onto it and spread the product uniformly onto your scalp, especially where hair loss is most intense. Massage gently. Do not rinse.

FREQUENCY OF USE: apply at least three times a week for 60 days. Do at least two treatment cycles per year.

That's it.
Thanks! Does it say not to use with any other topicals? I've gotten pretty partial to applying 2-3 drops of Emu oil 2x daily (the itch is GONE).

I'm sure you can use whatever you want, just wait a couple of hours.

Did you happen to buy the shampoo? Can you list the ingredients.

Really? The list is huge... the box says:

Aqua, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Coco-glucoside, Magnesium Coceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Inositol, Cocamide MIPA, Silicone Quaternium-8, Citric Acid, Potassium Undecyclenoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-10, Glycol Distearate, Phytic Acid, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Potassium CLA Gluthathionate, Sodium DNA, Meadowfoam Estolide, PEG-2 Dimeadowfoamidoethylmonium Methosulfate, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Pyridoxine HCI, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Kigelia Africana Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Salvia Sclarea Extract, Cinnimomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Allantoin, Biotin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenyltrimethicone, Silicon Quaternium-15, Glycine Soja Oil, Steareth-4, Laureth-4, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, BHA, BHT, Parfum.

Salvia is a potent natural hallucinogenic. I wonder what good it does for the hair.

And finally, how long is one ampule good for? One or 2 treatments (I'm guessing 1 covering the entire scalp). I'd like to test it out on a thin spot literally the size of my thumbnail, so I think I can squeeze 3-4 treatments out of 1 of them. Is the product packaging stable enough once opened to last a week or so? I know you said something about breaking the glass top and stuff...
I don't know, I'm not the best person to ask as I manned up and shaved most of head with a razor last week. I guess the product might last a week when open, the applicator comes with a lid. I'm the wrong person to ask that kind of question too. You should ask the company.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 am

Bombarie wrote:66$ a month, the first klink from this tpoic is that the best site to buy the product from jacob?
I'm not aware of any other places to purchase it from..except in Italy. I could be wrong?

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Brunz19 wrote:I don't know, I'm not the best person to ask as I manned up and shaved most of head with a razor last week. I guess the product might last a week when open, the applicator comes with a lid. I'm the wrong person to ask that kind of question too. You should ask the company.
Thanks for the imgrediants Brunz19, I wanted to see if something was special in the shampoo.

I will email the company again, and see if they'll send me less than 15 as a trial or something.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 am

Love the shampoo so far..conditions a bit- hair isn't flying around even w/out using any styling type product.

PrematureMilli..did you ever get any offer(s) to help? Or get a card or whatever that you could use? Or are you going to wait to see how things go for the others? I do plan to use the topical one of these days.

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:59 pm

I also use the shampoo, but my hair is buzzed really close to the head right now, so I don't see or feel any of its effects yet. I use it as a preparation for the topical itself basically. Sadly, now that my hair is growing in a little bit it looks like I'm thinning towards a NW IV or V. Yikes. If all the thinner hair grew back thicker and healthier, I'd be an ecstatic NW II, as I have no slick bald spots. Ah well, why would a dude in his early 20's even bother to care about his hair? :P

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:55 am

The stuff better be good for the price :lol: I didn't get it for how it'll leave my hair..but it's a nice bonus. I wanted to be able to use the active ingreds w/out using the topical..at least for now. I'll let it sit on my scalp for a good 3-5 minutes...maybe more.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:43 pm

Hope it comes tomorrow!

This is gona be my main topical and lamas topical on alternative days.

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Ordered mine on the 18th. Nothing yet.

PrematureMilli
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by PrematureMilli » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:55 am

@jacob i was finally able to order... placed it last tuesday. O:)

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:50 am

Anybody get it yet? Still waiting...

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:01 am

Davetherave, please keep us posted how you make out with it when you get it. I live only about 20 km from the supplier so would love to see something that is effective supplied locally like that. Sure would make things easier for purchasing/ordering. Thanks.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 am

Nothing yet...

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Hmmmm, I'm already a 1 1/2 - 2 weeks into this product. Each container seems to last me 3-4 applications, and I use it very liberally. However, I have a buzzed head, so I assume that won't be the case with everyone.

Also, Since my hair is so short right now, I've taken to scraping my scalp with a plastic card (kind of vigirously) before doing anything hairloss related. Does anyone think this is wasted time, or are there some benefits to this? I am just naturally assuming a cleaner scalp with some dead skin and possible sebum taken away, and also added circulation from the slightly rough nature of the scraping.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:08 pm

I don't do any scraping..but I use NanoFibrin for the reasons you gave there..minus the added circulation benefits. At least I don't think the NanoFibrin helps with that..

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 am

Brunz19 wrote:Hmmmm, I'm already a 1 1/2 - 2 weeks into this product. Each container seems to last me 3-4 applications, and I use it very liberally. However, I have a buzzed head, so I assume that won't be the case with everyone.

Also, Since my hair is so short right now, I've taken to scraping my scalp with a plastic card (kind of vigirously) before doing anything hairloss related. Does anyone think this is wasted time, or are there some benefits to this? I am just naturally assuming a cleaner scalp with some dead skin and possible sebum taken away, and also added circulation from the slightly rough nature of the scraping.
So I took the plunge and ordered this product, but haven't heard if its shipped yet or now.

Anything I should know about (increased shedding, etc)?

thanks.

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:02 am

hulihoop wrote:Davetherave, please keep us posted how you make out with it when you get it. I live only about 20 km from the supplier so would love to see something that is effective supplied locally like that. Sure would make things easier for purchasing/ordering. Thanks.

Huli,

I'll be sure to give a report if/when I get it.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:54 pm

They said should be here this Wednesday. It's Thursday and still nothing. :-({|=

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:18 pm

kamui2 wrote:They said should be here this Wednesday. It's Thursday and still nothing. :-({|=

Got mine today.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:41 pm

been using the shampoo for a week - it is very nice.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 pm

so I finally got the package in the mail, roughly 10 days from when I ordered it.

Does anyone know how the hell to break open the glass? I don't see a score mark, and it doesnt say what type of tool to use to do it. There are 2 plastic "caps" that come along with it, I guess they are the applicator(s).

I'm going to email the CS and see what the heck to do with it. That said, the bottle look cool! And seem relatively robust.

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:20 pm

xyion1 wrote:so I finally got the package in the mail, roughly 10 days from when I ordered it.

Does anyone know how the hell to break open the glass? I don't see a score mark, and it doesnt say what type of tool to use to do it. There are 2 plastic "caps" that come along with it, I guess they are the applicator(s).

I'm going to email the CS and see what the heck to do with it. That said, the bottle look cool! And seem relatively robust.
You use the shorter piece of plastic (the one that doesn't have a cap on it) to break off the top. It lines itself up perfectly with the little white line on the bottle. Still an awkward concept though.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:01 am

Brunz19 wrote:You use the shorter piece of plastic (the one that doesn't have a cap on it) to break off the top. It lines itself up perfectly with the little white line on the bottle. Still an awkward concept though.
Yea, thats what their CS told me also. It wasn't so bad to do, but seriously, just add the 1 sentence to the instructions.

Anyway, tried it for the first time last night. It absorbs nearly instantly, I put it across my hairline only (or, where I would like my hairline to be). Also, the instructions conflict, I think the box says 4x/week and the paper instructions say 3x/week. I'm going to go for 3x for now.

Their CS also said that the product would be good for about 1 week once opened & in the fridge (much longer unopened). I don't know if I can go through the 5ml in 3 applications. But, the 15 vials should last about 4 months even if I toss whatever is left after the week is up.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:46 am

xyion.. i don't think it's conflicting. i'm pretty sure it says 3x or 4x a week based on application eod.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 am

I've completed 1 week with no change, possibly an uptick in shedding, but I buzzed my hair down to 1/8" so it could just be residual from that. I hope its just residual from that. Anyway, if I were to estimate, there would be 10-12 hairs during a shower, none while running my hands over my head.

Here are some pictures. The longer one(3/8") is from early Jan, the short buzz (1/8") is from yesterday. Its looked like this for about 2 years now, so that's a plus. I'm just trying to fill in my left temple thinning (i get self conscious as it gets longer, and don't like to spike my hair), and maintain. I don't want/need super regrowth.
Photo on 2010-02-07 at 13.14.jpg
Photo on 2010-02-07 at 13.14.jpg (28.16 KiB) Viewed 70150 times
1.jpg
January
1.jpg (45.41 KiB) Viewed 70139 times

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:27 pm

just an interim update, the delivery mechanism for this product basically sucks.

Its awkward cracking the top of the glass vials off, and then the plastic cap you put on as a dropper of sorts doesn't always stay over the broken top of the vial. Its just pushed over top and hold in place by friction only. I spilled over 1/2 the contents of my second vial cause the applicator end popped off as I was holding it upside down applying it to my hair.

Needless to say, I'm rather disappointed and have e-mailed their CS. I'm going to see if they'll send some replacements or something.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm

xylon, why don't you empty the vial into another container and then use a regular dropper. if I were doing it I would pour the serum into an old A&G bottle and then use a regular eye dropper. You can reseal those little jars and refrigerate for stretching out each vial. Just an idea but anything is better than the crappy system you described and losing half of the stuff.

NegativeNorwood
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Dr Lee Xandrox plus, TB4, Lamas Serum, Revita, Lamas shampoo, Keto, 300 diode LLT, Elsom T1, T2

Post by NegativeNorwood » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:00 am

They don't ship to Europe, when I emailed them they told me that some Italian websites may sell it but they did not give me any details. I'm not impressed, why would they not ship to Europe?

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 am

hulihoop wrote:xylon, why don't you empty the vial into another container and then use a regular dropper. if I were doing it I would pour the serum into an old A&G bottle and then use a regular eye dropper. You can reseal those little jars and refrigerate for stretching out each vial. Just an idea but anything is better than the crappy system you described and losing half of the stuff.
That is an outstanding idea, and idea where I can get a small glass dropper bottle?

CS apologized for the inconvenience and entertained potentially a future discount should I reorder...

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:42 am

Using this product everyday and on my entire scalp has gotten me 8 vials deep in a month (4 weeks). So just over half of a box. I should easily go past the recommended 3 month treatment period with the two boxes I've ordered. I expect the shampoo to last me that long as well as I only use it every other day, and a nickel sized amount of it each time I shower.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 am

Brunz, just curious but didn't it say to use every other day rather than every day? Are you seeing any positive signs in the month of use?
Xyion, any small sealable glass container would work with a normal dropper. Please don't order A&G just to get the bottle. :lol:

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:55 pm

hulihoop wrote:Brunz, just curious but didn't it say to use every other day rather than every day? Are you seeing any positive signs in the month of use?
Xyion, any small sealable glass container would work with a normal dropper. Please don't order A&G just to get the bottle. :lol:
I ended up ordering a few droppers from specialitybottle.com for like $.65 each...I needed to get some other stuff anyway, they'll be here in a couple days I guess, which will last until the next vial is to be opened. I still have plenty left to treat just my temples based on the pictures I've provided above. If there are no adverse reactions after 6-8 weeks, I'll start spreading it over my whole head.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Stimucap- Bioclin Advance

Post by Jacob » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:56 pm

I think I'm going to fit this into my morning regimen, since it only needs to be used 3 times a week. Rotate with the Lamas product.

It sounds like it's ok for daytime use...

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:49 am

Do like reading that you'll be trying new things, bocaj.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:23 am

Yeah..the StimCap is something I've always wanted to try. Just another thing to hit my head with(the angle thing)

starman
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral, Alpecin shampoo and lotion.

Post by starman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:11 pm

SOOO...let me get this right. It's an Italian product yet they don't supply to Europe (?!), just the U.S. and they don't charge you guys for postage ? :?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 am

There was an Italian(I think) site that was selling it. But last time I checked only the supplement was being sold...all out of the topical/shampoo?

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Brunz19 wrote:Using this product everyday and on my entire scalp has gotten me 8 vials deep in a month (4 weeks). So just over half of a box. I should easily go past the recommended 3 month treatment period with the two boxes I've ordered. I expect the shampoo to last me that long as well as I only use it every other day, and a nickel sized amount of it each time I shower.

Any improvements???

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 am

I'm about 3 weeks in. Not much to report just yet.

I also noticed the discount seems to be gone again.

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:35 am

Applying generously everyday, one box lasted me 7 weeks exactly (minus 2-3.... or 4 days). For the second box, I'll start doing it every other day. Having let my hair grow out a quarter of an inch seems to make the vials last only 2 applications (once again, applying very generously over the WHOLE head). Just letting you gents know that this product can last quite a bit depending on how it's used. I see no problem in most people using one (at most two) vials per week, thus, one box lasting 3 and half months (at least two). Cheers.

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:56 am

Brunz,

Any results? Good, bad, none?

I'm 5 weeks in. Shedding may be less. I'll contunue to monitor.

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:12 am

I'm going to wait until this second box is done before making any comments.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

Post by Natasha26 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:22 am

Hello everyone, I read all the post on Bioclin Advance and I had to post my experience on using this anti hairloss product. I have used all the big Brand like Kerastase Aminexil, Phyto (Phytotrixil and Phytocyane), Foltene, Klorane, Rene Furterer RF 80 But nothing can come close to the result I get from Bioclin. I have now used it for 4 weeks and it has put a halt to my hair loss.

I have diffuse hair loss and I have sudden new regrowth all over my hair line not just on one side. I will use it 3 times per week for two months and then two times per week for maintenance, I won't ever stop using it not for a good year. While my hair loss has stopped and has stabilise to a normal shedding of 40-100 per day, the places where I have suffered hair loss has not fill in so that will take time and diligence of applying regular treatment.

I think that treating hair loss is a lifelong treatment to maintain the result and prevent further attack fom DHT.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:57 am

After 4 weeks you're seeing full regrowth? INCREEEEDIBLE.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Yes new regrowth like never before. But I'm not sure if its only the bioclin or associated with the primrose oil as well. But the effect is not lasting. My hair is falling again. My hair loss is ruining my life.

I wana shave my head, who cares I hate what my hair is making me go through. I'm miserable.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:22 am

Sorry to hear that Natasha, hope things start looking up for you soon.

I feel like I'm in perpetual limbo.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey Natasha26..welcome to the forums. Any chance you could post about it over in the women's section as well? It's a little lonely over there. And if you know..what is the difference between the women's and the men's?

Thanks 8)

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanks Jacob. I asked the woman who sell the Bioclin range and she said the men is more concentrated than the women's.

I am going for my second box this week.

I also use the stuff in the Bioclin range and they are amazing!! Except for their leave in conditioner which is not appropriate for my hair type :(

Cheers,
N

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:03 pm

The shampoo is easily in the top 3 of all I've tried over the years. Thankfully I only need to use a little bit each time..since getting my hair cut quite short.

gutted
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: saw palmetto and beta sis for 3 months, stopped now due to excessive shedding

Post by gutted » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi,

just wanted to know has this caused any sort of shedding while people been on the treatment so far?
like minxodil, during the first few weeks, causes shedding.

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:02 pm

It doesn't cause any shedding. At least for me. I do think my shedding is way down though.