Stimucap- Bioclin Advance

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

gutted
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: saw palmetto and beta sis for 3 months, stopped now due to excessive shedding

Re: Stimucap- Bioclin Advance

Post by gutted » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:25 pm

anyone else trying this, notice any shedding after a couple weeks of using it?

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

Post by Natasha26 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Gutted, after how many weeks of use have you notice the shedding?

gutted
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: saw palmetto and beta sis for 3 months, stopped now due to excessive shedding

Post by gutted » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:58 pm

hi, no im not using the product, but would like to, im asking if the people using this have noticed an increase in shedding, as it is likely to happen when starting a new treatment?

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:09 pm

hi, no the product does not cause shedding. In fact, it sstops further shedding from the second use onwards.

Cheers,
N

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:25 am

I haven't seen any shedding, or any regrowth either. Been 7 full weeks of EOD application. Maybe a vellus hair or 2, but nothing terminal and no conversions of existing vellus to terminal.

We'll see what the next 8 weeks bring.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:46 pm

What's EOD?

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:50 pm

EOD -Every other day

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi, I am having excellent result with Bioclin Advance so far.

I have OPTIMAL RESULT when I use it 3x/week compared to two or even one. I will continue to use the ampoules for more the preconised 60 days.

Cross fingers than I recover my hair back.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Joey Ramone » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:06 am

Good to hear mate. What are the good results so far?

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Natasha26 wrote:Hi, I am having excellent result with Bioclin Advance so far.

I have OPTIMAL RESULT when I use it 3x/week compared to two or even one. I will continue to use the ampoules for more the preconised 60 days.

Cross fingers than I recover my hair back.
What's excellent result? Reduction is shedding? Hair growth?

bluefin
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral,Alpecin..looking for a good non minox topical.

Post by bluefin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 pm

Dave, just read back a page - I understand it's both; Regrwth & reduce fall out for the lady -

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 am

Hello, Dave I have both a reduction in shedding to a normal rate in the range of 20-50 per day which is healthy and the most important thing is that, I have regrowth like I never experienced with any other hair loss treatment.

Even when other hair loss treatment made my hair loss reduced drastically, I didn't have regrowth to terminal hair like I do now. So, the Bioclin Advance ampoule is really working.

It's so good that its just flew out of the shelves in all the stores that sell it in Mauritius where I live and its out of stock for the moment.

But I haven't had the opportunity to try its shampoo but I think Jacob has excellent result with the Bioclin Shampoo as well, isn't it Jacob?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Can't say I'm having results with the shampoo..but I do love the stuff.

cld
Regular Poster

Post by cld » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:08 pm

is this the product that everyone is speaking of in this thread? if so i may give it a try, it's only $90.
but what i am wondering is...it says to use it 4 times a year but also states that for aga it should perhaps be used more often..what is the general opinion of those here, perhaps 6 times a year or just always use it? also the amps are 5ml thats an awful lot. i had used the A&G when it 1st came out, they had 5ml bottles (i think) and even after a thorough soaking there was still slightly more than 1/2 left so maybe the box could be used for 60 days as opposed to 30?

http://www.avariohealthcare.com/HAIR_LO ... S_MEN.html

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:59 pm

cld wrote:is this the product that everyone is speaking of in this thread? if so i may give it a try, it's only $90.
but what i am wondering is...it says to use it 4 times a year but also states that for aga it should perhaps be used more often..what is the general opinion of those here, perhaps 6 times a year or just always use it? also the amps are 5ml thats an awful lot. i had used the A&G when it 1st came out, they had 5ml bottles (i think) and even after a thorough soaking there was still slightly more than 1/2 left so maybe the box could be used for 60 days as opposed to 30?

I asked about how long the product keeps, and the vendor said about 1 week if refrigerated, so I can get 15 weeks (roughly 4 months) out of 1 package.

While I haven't experienced any regrowth, at least none that I can see (but its only been 8 weeks) I must say that I don' t notice any hairs when I shampoo or brush or anything. That could be because of this product, though I can't say 100%...I wasn't really shedding really bad to begin with.

gutted
Regular Poster

Post by gutted » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:02 pm

xyion1 wrote:
cld wrote:is this the product that everyone is speaking of in this thread? if so i may give it a try, it's only $90.

I asked about how long the product keeps, and the vendor said about 1 week if refrigerated, so I can get 15 weeks (roughly 4 months) out of 1 package.

While I haven't experienced any regrowth, at least none that I can see (but its only been 8 weeks) I must say that I don' t notice any hairs when I shampoo or brush or anything. That could be because of this product, though I can't say 100%...I wasn't really shedding really bad to begin with.

so do you refreigerate the whole box with the vials in? or the opened vial you are using at the time?

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:24 am

gutted wrote:so do you refreigerate the whole box with the vials in? or the opened vial you are using at the time?
just the opened one, vendor said no reason to fridge sealed ones, the shelf life is quite a long time.

But, just to be clear, other than possible reduced shedding, I am not seeing any regrowth after about 2 months. Could just be that I'm in the 50% that don't see results, but I'm not convinced this is a panacea.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 am

Xyion1, you should wait for 12 weeks (i.e. 3 months) to know if any treatment is working because that's the normal cycle of hair.

Do you use it the 3 times prescribed per week? You could perhaps use it everyday if the ampoule last you more than one use and see if there is a difference.

Just a thought though..

gutted
Regular Poster

Post by gutted » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:41 pm

Good info, gutted. It would make for an interesting, separate thread 8)

gutted
Regular Poster

Post by gutted » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:21 pm

yeah, i have also started this treatment today, but im also using another product which may blur results. but anyhow will keep people updated.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Jacob, you asked what's the difference betwen men's and women's advance Bioclin and I saw both the products composition yesterday in a drugstore.

For the men, you have a higher concentration of vitamin B3 (Niaciamin), B6 and amino acids (Arginine) but it does not contain vitamin B5 (Panthenol) while the women's have two other hydrolyzed proteins and contain panthenol which tend to indicate more emphasis on conditioning the hair. I think by the men's composition that it is more effective in treating hair loss and stimlating regrowth of which vitamin B3 plays a crucial part.

That said, both products contain the signature composition of the Advance Bioclin of which Stimoxidil.

Hope this helps...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Cool..thanks Natasha 8)

gutted
Regular Poster

Post by gutted » Fri May 07, 2010 4:51 pm

MSM apparently increases glutathione levels in mice.

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeti ... type=HWCIT

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Just a little update:

So I started using this product on the 16th of January, and finally finished the last vial from the second box yesterday, which was.... May 7th. A week or so shy of 4 months. Around 100 days of use or so. The first box I used every day. The second box I used whenever. Mostly 4-5 times a week. The shampoo I used every other day and still swap it with Niz (I think the one shampoo bottle is going to last me a looooong while).

Results. Since that's pretty much what everyone cares about. I guess you can say I notice a difference, but it's not the 'silver-bullet', obviously. It is however, pretty much the best thing I've used to date. I shaved the head down with a razor when I first began using it, and then started letting my hair grow out a couple of weeks after that. Before showering, I was scraping my head vigorously with a plastic card and a little water. The water helps to turn the nasty flakes into a nastier gunk, but it helps in getting it cleaner. I still continue to scrap every other day (albeit it's harder now). When my hair was about a quarter of an inch long, I was barely shedding anything at all. Even during a scraping session, I would lose about 2 hairs only. That has since changed, and I seem to shed quite a bit showering and applying the serum. However, the good news is that I rarely see any juicy thick hairs fall out, and they are mostly all tiny and super thin... which to me can be a great thing. Over all, my hair on top is slightly thicker at the crown and seems to have a bit more hair, and it has helped sprout and thicken up a nice row of hairs at the hairline. So it seems it can potentially be evening out my hairline, but it is not yet entirely cosmetically beneficial and still has a way to go. I'm cautiously optimistic, though. I've bought a third box of the product and hope these few but pretty significant results keep compounding.

Oh yea, the sides of my head were one of the first things to start diffusely thinning, yet seem to see the best results when treating my head. With the help of Bioclin, I am extremely happy and satisfied with how the look. I also believe it has helped straighten out my temple area hairline.

All in all, I wish this product was out when I first noticed hairloss, as it seems to be perfect for newbies who are just looking to maintain. As far as worse off people, I don't know if a little thickening and a little regrowth is worth the price and use. I still feel uncomfortable going out on weekends or with ladies without a little thickener in my hair to be honest. However, it's gotten easier to use the thickener as I seem to need a little less, and my hair lookks better than 6 months ago au naturale.

Cheers. Feel free to ask some questions. Hopefully nothing too annoying haha.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Sat May 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Thanks for the update Brunz, I didn't have such great results with my 1 box...down to my last couple of vials now. I posted some of my pics earlier in the thread, but unfortunately, I look the same or perhaps worse.

Did you happen to take any pictures? What NW state were you in before? Would you say you improve +1 NW or +1/2?

My ultimate goal is just to thicken up the miniaturized hairs I have in my temple areas...they really frustrate me! I'll go so far as to bic my head and they'll grow back time after time to like 1/16" long and stop. They have about the same diameter as a terminal hair, they just don't grow long! :?

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Mon May 10, 2010 8:36 am

xyion1 wrote:Thanks for the update Brunz, I didn't have such great results with my 1 box...down to my last couple of vials now. I posted some of my pics earlier in the thread, but unfortunately, I look the same or perhaps worse.

Did you happen to take any pictures? What NW state were you in before? Would you say you improve +1 NW or +1/2?

My ultimate goal is just to thicken up the miniaturized hairs I have in my temple areas...they really frustrate me! I'll go so far as to bic my head and they'll grow back time after time to like 1/16" long and stop. They have about the same diameter as a terminal hair, they just don't grow long! :?
I had pictures from the first time I used A&G, but I have since reformatted my computer and lost everything. I might find something somewhere though, just don't hold me to it. As far as where I am on the NW Scale, when I buzzed my hair, in the right light you could see I was thinning towards a NW 4 status, but if all the thinner hair grew all thick and strong, I'd be a pretty ecstatic NW 2 or even 1.5. But all an all, moving up one on the NW scale is exactly what I'm NOT saying. Just thickening of existing hair, and many sprouts here and there. If this is the best I get, I don't even know if I'd recommend it. Of course, if things keep getting better, you can bet I'll be back here. I am pretty darn satisfied how things seem to be progressing though, as it has only been 4 months.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:12 am

Brunz19 wrote: I had pictures from the first time I used A&G, but I have since reformatted my computer and lost everything. I might find something somewhere though, just don't hold me to it. As far as where I am on the NW Scale, when I buzzed my hair, in the right light you could see I was thinning towards a NW 4 status, but if all the thinner hair grew all thick and strong, I'd be a pretty ecstatic NW 2 or even 1.5. But all an all, moving up one on the NW scale is exactly what I'm NOT saying. Just thickening of existing hair, and many sprouts here and there. If this is the best I get, I don't even know if I'd recommend it. Of course, if things keep getting better, you can bet I'll be back here. I am pretty darn satisfied how things seem to be progressing though, as it has only been 4 months.
Well, I'm not horribly optomistic about any treatments anyway...even a HT will generally only give you 50% of the density you had...so you don't "look bald". I'm at probably 30% density at my temples, so I'm just looking to thicken up the thinning hairs. Thus far, nothing exciting has happened, I will continue to use EOD and see what happens. I'm not expecting to go NW3 -> NW 1...in fact I'd rather be a thick NW3 (like Daniel Craig for instance) that be a NW2 thinning in a NW3 pattern.

nix
Regular Poster

Post by nix » Wed May 12, 2010 12:03 am

Natasha26 wrote:Xyion1, you should wait for 12 weeks (i.e. 3 months) to know if any treatment is working because that's the normal cycle of hair.
a normal hair cycle is far away from being 3 months. it is a few years and the growth cycle has nothing to do with getting results. there is just no correlation. you can get results within 2 weeks and you can get results only after 6 monts depending on the biological mechanism.
just wanted to make that clear. certainly you should wait more than 8 weeks to draw a conclusion but in my opinion if you have a relly good working treatment you should see an effect earlier than later.

Killa
Occasional Poster

Post by Killa » Mon May 17, 2010 1:44 pm

anyone else using stimucap?? please chime in on your progress . Thanks

Killa
Occasional Poster

Post by Killa » Mon May 17, 2010 1:44 pm

anyone else using stimucap?? please chime in on your progress . Thanks

gutted
Regular Poster

Post by gutted » Fri May 21, 2010 5:15 am

i have been using this just over a month now started on april 12th.

i have also been using another product while i have been using this but this one has more merit than the other product i am using (a hair oil)

my problem was that i started taking saw palmetto and beta sis, for about 3 months, started shedding massive amounts of hair the whole time i was on it,i got spooked so i decided to stop taking them, shedding stopped a week or two later after stopping.
My temples receeded about 0.5inches than baseline, and my frontal area thinned out, left side of the scalp mostly, bear in mind i did not have visible hair loss prior to this.
i was told that these hairs should eventually grow back, but have been using stimucap and the oil to help.

i have only been applying this product on my temples and my frontal area not the crown. i apply every night,(i know instructions say apply every other day but i reckon it would be better to apply every night) 1 vial lasts me per week.

well i can say that it may have reduced shedding, and can see that 1 inch hairs are popping out of the diffused area( i have long hair about 5-6 inches long). this may just be the shed hairs from the sp/bs just regrowing back though.

have another 2 months worth of vials left will update on the 2 month mark.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:54 am

Hello everyone, Just an update.

I stopped using Bioclin on two months of treatment. The treatment has worked and now I am taking a break because I have normal hair cycle again.

But will keep some of treatment always with me in case hair loss start again.

I think taking omega 3 6 9 and evening primrose oil really help to reduce inflammation of the follicles.

gutted
Regular Poster

Post by gutted » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:58 pm

natasha what sort of hair loss do you have? female pattern baldness?

also do you take any other supplements, apart from omega 3 6 9 and evening prime rose oil?

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:15 am

Gutted, I have diffuse hair loss all over my scalp. My hair has lost half of its volume but I don't know the mechanism of hair loss.

But I noticed a very important thing is that when I stopped taking my omega 3 6 9 once per day my hair loss triggered again and nothing could stop it, not even bioclin advance alone. But the combination of omega 3 6 9, primrose oil and a daily multivitamin maintains hair density.

And then taking Bioclin Advance on top of these, you get very good result, a significant increase in new hair growth.

I have now change my daily multivitamin (From HealthAid) to Hair Vit from HealthAid also because it has amino acids which are very important for hair.

Above all these, I maintain a healthy balanced diet.

Hope this helps.

N

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:35 am

I feel ruined, my life has no meaning and I am the last dog on earth.

I hate winter.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 am

huh????
You have great results like you said and now your life is ruined? Whats up?

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:11 am

Natasha26 wrote:I feel ruined, my life has no meaning and I am the last dog on earth.

I hate winter.
Hair loss can be brutal and can take its emotional toll on us all from time to time but you just gotta make sure it doesn't get the better of you.

Cheer up Natasha :)
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

gutted
Regular Poster

Post by gutted » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:55 pm

natasha, the omegas, evening primrose oil MAY cause hair loss/shedding - read this blog-
http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/04/14/f ... hair-loss/

its about flax seed and hair loss, there have been comments left by many people regarding hair loss since starting flax seed oil, which contains omegas.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:51 am

Dear Fizzball and gutted and everyone on this forum, thank you for your support. When I feel really bummed about the state of my hair, I log in and it reminds me that I am not alone.

I mean why is hair so capricious? Sometimes its fine and you forget you even have hair loss. You feel more 'normal'. Then it decides to desert your poor scalp and you feel helpless. I just find myself constantly shaken up with these changes. I have tried and appreciated all major brands to treat my hair loss. I recently switched to a very cheap shampoo brand from china that mum bought. It's called Ruoshan olive essence shampoo. It made my hair very good but I just did a search on it and it's banned in Dubai because of dangerous surfactants it contains!

I don't know what to use anymore given that BIOCLIN is out of stock in Mauritius.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:23 am

Hello everyone, I just want to let you know that I am using a natural shampoo and conditioner brand from australia called Natures Organics.

NO SLES, SLS, and petrochemicals which are all harmful for the scalp.

Cheers,
N

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 am

Natasha26 wrote:Hello everyone, I just want to let you know that I am using a natural shampoo and conditioner brand from australia called Natures Organics.

NO SLES, SLS, and petrochemicals which are all harmful for the scalp.

Cheers,
N
:) I have actually been trying that very shampoo/conditioner (organic care) and it seems like a winner for my type of hair but my hair sadly continues to fade away :( but I am all too happy to use a natural product and eliminate any possibility of harsh chemicals affecting my hair/scalp's health.

thanks for keeping us up to date with your quest for a solution.

keep the faith :)
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Hello everyone, I just discovered the Organic Care shampoo contains silicone!!yike!!
this is really bad for the scalp, suffocate it maybe that's why your hair continue to fall down Fizball?

I am going to stick to Kerastase, Phyto and Bioclin.

Cheers,
N

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Any updates from the guys who stuck with it? Which I guess would mean one cycle(60 days?)..since I think they said to do 2 a year.

I'm finally going to start using mine(I've only been using the shampoo), in the mornings. Yell it out if you don't think that'd be a good idea- if it shows on the scalp or something. Thanks 8)

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:09 am

You go for it dude! Lets see if it grows hair at this forum guru:)
Succes m8

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:43 am

IMO, this does seem like one of the most legit and promising products. I'll be ordering it next week

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:28 am

Thanks Bombarie 8)

I agree Swimmy. I'd still like to get some feedback on those who have used it consistently. It couldn't have been that hard to do..since it's only used 3-4 times a week..for 60 days. Actually it's probably still too early to really know though.

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Jacob wrote:Thanks Bombarie 8)

I agree Swimmy. I'd still like to get some feedback on those who have used it consistently. It couldn't have been that hard to do..since it's only used 3-4 times a week..for 60 days. Actually it's probably still too early to really know though.

I'd probably use it past the 60 days.

Killa
Occasional Poster

Post by Killa » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:08 am

Brunz... where you at man? Can we get an update please. I really want to see where your at with this especially.

you two Xyion, anything good?

Im contemplating on opening my box and going for it

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:37 am

Hello, did anyone of you ever tried the Rene Furterer Triphasic Vht Revitalizing Formula For Thin Hair designed specifically for progressive hair loss?

I have read many positive reviews from it from makeup alley and sephora and its supposd to be very good but expensive at 77 dollars for one month treatment. You are supposed to use it for three months. Rene Furterer seems to have a very comprehensive range for treatment of hair loss.

Cheers,
N