L-Lysine + other supplements

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

melchiangmai
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

L-Lysine + other supplements

Post by melchiangmai » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:35 am

Hi Sam,
As I said I'm on the 1st week of shedding from Revivogen (which started on the 3rd week of usage).

Whenever I get sheds I start on a big supply of supplements from GNC and they seem to help. I'll keep you guys updated.

Here's the supplements I've got this time:

L-Lycine
Green Tea Extract
Grape Seed Extract
Biotin
Horsetail
Flax Seed Oil Pills
Evening Primrose Pills
Zinc
Multi Vit + Minerals

We don't have MSM here, otherwise I would've got that too.
So in general, I use supplements for 1-2 months then stop for like 4-5 months. Don't want to pressure the kidney and liver too much.

Guys, I know most supplements don't really "work" in MBP but I really believe L-Lycine helps. I suggest you guys give it a shot. I got it from thebaldtruth and he recommends it.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:05 pm

Melchang,

Did you say you've stopped Propecia to use Revivogen in another post? Or are you using both currently? I wouldn't recommend stopping Propecia completely to switch to Revivogen, especially too quickly. Tapering off Propecia slowly would be a better idea in order to prevent shock loss or shedding. I think using Revivogen and Propecia is the ultimate insurance against DHT, or rather, a topical + internal DHT busting combo is the ultimate insurance.

Can't blame you though if you have concerns about internal side effects.

I think an overall holistic approach to your health can help by making the body stronger, and by putting less of a load on the internal organs, thereby making it safer to use (the already pretty safe) Propecia.

Cheers,
Sam