I had the same problem, but researched a cure for me.

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

dano
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

I had the same problem, but researched a cure for me.

Post by dano » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:20 pm

I was depressed and self conscious when I discovered the top and back of my head was almost completely bald. My wife said "stop wining and do something about it". So I researched and experimented on my own head (I was that desperate). Finally my hair grew back. I'm so happy I want to share it with the world, so no one has to suffer. It might work for others, I don't know. This isn't a sales push and I don't ask for any money. I'm just a guy who promised God I'd put this on the internet if it worked. Lo and behold, here I am. Visit how-to-grow-your-own-hair.com and see my pics before, during and after. All I ask is that if it works for you, you pass it on to as many places as you can. Good luck.

dano
Occasional Poster

Re: I had the same problem, but researched a cure for me.

Post by dano » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:22 pm

sorry about the spelling error..."whining"

Jocko59
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Ecklonia Cava

Post by Jocko59 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:04 am

I'm glad that wasn't a sales pitch, LOL. Hilarious.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:44 am

I don't see anything for sale..yet..but dano, please don't plaster the same message in different sections here. Thanks..and welcome to the forum.

p__
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:39 am

So, could you please explain why you posted the exact same message on various boards INCLUDING the extra "sorry about the spelling error" a few minutes later? Why would you post with the exact same spelling error and correction a few minutes later if it wasn't part of some scheme to make you seem more "real"? The posts (including the correction) on the other sites were made at other times so it's not like you posted on a bunch of forums and then realized you made a spelling error and came back to fix it on all sites after that... You obviously did like this: post on site 1, post fix on site 1, post on site 2, post fix on site 2, post on site 3, post fix on site 3 etc

And why do you have a bunch of ads for various hair loss products on your page if you just want to spread the info?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:26 am

Those ads can be seen at IH's and other sites though too. Ahem.

I didn't realize he posted this at other forums as well. We'll see how he behaves. Or disappears. :-s

Jocko59
Regular Poster

Post by Jocko59 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Another scammer comes and goes. Flaming out like a shooting star. Same old, same old. Oh well.

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:05 pm

Jocko59 wrote:Another scammer comes and goes. Flaming out like a shooting star. Same old, same old. Oh well.
What is it you think he's selling/promoting? Nioxin? Do you think he's just trying to make some Google AdSense money (I don't think that's going to happen)?

Not sure what to think of this one ...

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 am

If there was a cure, then this would be world news...believe me.

If there are ads....then of course he is trying to earn money. With these kind of posts he can attract lots of people....esspecially guests...
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:17 am

I have a huge problem thinking someone is evil enough to suggest someone putting that %&$! on their head if it really didn't work for him.

Jocko59
Regular Poster

Post by Jocko59 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:38 am

No offense or anything. But if you really don't believe that then I would say that you are quite naive and relatively new to the hair loss/cure "industry". Just sayin.

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:57 am

Jocko59 wrote:No offense or anything. But if you really don't believe that then I would say that you are quite naive and relatively new to the hair loss/cure "industry". Just sayin.
Never did I say I didn't believe that. I said I had a problem with it. Trust me, I am no stranger to this community. However, what this guy is proposing is potentially dangerous and in spite of all the #$%! up things the quacks do in this industry, this seems rather extreme.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:42 am

Swoosh wrote:
Jocko59 wrote:No offense or anything. But if you really don't believe that then I would say that you are quite naive and relatively new to the hair loss/cure "industry". Just sayin.
Never did I say I didn't believe that. I said I had a problem with it. Trust me, I am no stranger to this community. However, what this guy is proposing is potentially dangerous and in spite of all the #$%! up things the quacks do in this industry, this seems rather extreme.
I don't believe that wounding is a "new" treatment, it's just crazy. Wounding has been shown to grow new hair though. There was a study I read either here or on IH, and the wound was on the wrist. I deleted the PDF though. I'd never do it though.

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:33 am

xyion1 wrote:
Swoosh wrote:
I don't believe that wounding is a "new" treatment, it's just crazy. Wounding has been shown to grow new hair though. There was a study I read either here or on IH, and the wound was on the wrist. I deleted the PDF though. I'd never do it though.
In my young ages I burned the upperside of my left hand...guess what, nothing grew there. Or doesnt this count under wounding?
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:06 pm

0416Dr wrote: In my young ages I burned the upperside of my left hand...guess what, nothing grew there. Or doesn't this count under wounding?
I have no idea what counts as a good or bad wound. I have a scar through one of my eyebrows from my youth, and no hair grows there either. In the PDF I was talking about, I believe the wound was a cut, not a burn. I didn't really read the whole thing in depth, just wanted to say that there are some studies which say sometimes new hair grows around a wounded part of the body, so his website may be posting the truth about what worked for him.

dano
Occasional Poster

Post by dano » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:48 am

Sorry to everyone for not reposting. I totally forgot that I had. Yes it was a freaky thing to do to my own head. When I had first read about others trying it I thought "how stupid". But I became a bit obsessed with my hairloss. I first tried a small area and observed the changes to the hairs. Then I thought, what the hell, and did my entire balding area. Yes I posted all over the place. If I were looking to find info on it and didn't know where to look, it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Don't get too pissed. I'm paying for a site that people are looking at and not earning a thing. I won't be able to afford it for long so if just want to look at the pics I don't care...just thought I'd share it because I was thankful. Cheers and good luck to everyone.

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:55 am

He mixes red wine with emu oil.. kinda interesting.

dano
Occasional Poster

Post by dano » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:00 am

Sorry one more thing...I didn't say that it caused new hair growth. I think what it did was wake my hair follicles up. My belief is that by causing an inflammatory process it brought a steady blood supply to the follicle...enough to wake the dormant ones up. Maybe there's more to it on a cellular level, I don't know (obviously I'm no scientist) but it worked. I don't know how long it will last but so far it worked. Thanks.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Finally my hair grew back

how-to-grow-your-own-hair.com

I didn't say that it caused new hair growth

oh sry, dont know how i could have mistaken that. :-k

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:39 pm

That is crazy and full on.

I sincerely hope no one tries this for themselves.

dano
Occasional Poster

Post by dano » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:39 pm

I've requested to have the site removed and the domain deleted. I did as I promised and that's good enough. Good luck to everyone, I hope you all find ways to cure your hairloss or to maintain what you have. For those of you whom had positive things to say...thanks.