Elsom Terminal

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

hopeful19
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Elsom Terminal

Post by hopeful19 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:28 pm

I am heavily considering purchasing Elsom's terminal 1 & 2.
I haven't been able to find many reviews so wanted to see if any users would come forward and share their results.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Elsom Terminal

Post by Jacob » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 pm

I've posted mine before..and as I said in another post- plan to add it back into my regimen again eventually.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Anyone else other than jacob tried this? Also intending to try it out.

Jacob, u did not shed on using this right? Did u like mentioned before that u dont really shed much on the topicals you've tried?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 am

Yeah..I've been fortunate pretty much since I started treating my hair loss(at that time I was shedding terribly) to not have to go through any major shed. The worst I've had it is when I used A&G..and even then it just seemed like things had gotten a little worse.

I have no proof but I've often said it's possible I'm preventing such sheds by slowly introducing a topical as well as slowly getting off of one- don't want to shock my system. Rotating things around..etc.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:41 am

tsk i cant find any other reviews on Terminal. Now really cant decide to stick to what im using or should i just try it out. Did it really help with turning vellus hair into terminal hair? btw jacob, what hairloss pattern are you having?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:54 am

I thought there were some other "reviews"..somewhere.

As I've said before..I use(d) a # of things so it's hard to say just this or that is what did this or that. But I did see some regrowth while using it and plan to incorporate it back into my regimen soon. I probably shouldn't have gone off it in the first place..but I haven't lost any ground and I do like to rotate things- usually using things for a good 6+ months first before doing so. My pattern is the basic NW1.5-2(worse on the left than the right) and could use some thickening up in the crown area..and actually everywhere wouldn't hurt.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Joey Ramone » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Thinking of switching to this from Xandrox 15% plus which I've been on for about a year and not really seen any benefit.
Would probably shoot my hair to %&$! going off it though.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:41 am

i just ordered terminal to try out.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:20 am

Sweet, keep us posted champloo.

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 am

I plan on going for Elsoms too. Jacob, are there anything I should know in regards of other topicals that I use , time between application etc ?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:28 pm

You can pretty much use any of the Elsom topicals close to each other. With other topicals I'd probably wait at least 4 hours.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:28 am

Just received it. Did not know its more of an oil/lotion consistency, which i do not reali like, makes my hair look oily.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:26 am

Aren't you using it at night?

Don't be afraid to wet your fingertips or spray a bit of water on and then massage some more..after the initial application.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:08 am

I've already phased out xandrox15% plus and my hair seems to have got some of it's natural colour back already but I've still been using xandrox 5% at night and spiro 5% cream following the xandrox every second night.

Do people think I should carry on with these while using the elsom terminals or drop them altogether?

Dr Y says he can't advise me to discontinue medicinal products.

Thoughts?

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:21 am

Jacob wrote:Aren't you using it at night?

Don't be afraid to wet your fingertips or spray a bit of water on and then massage some more..after the initial application.

i thought to try out with the regime he drew out. btw jacob, if its nanosomal, it wouldnt need much massage or rubbing to get it in right?

Anyway, he advised on take a multi everyday, and an extra supp every week. Meaning to say, e.g. cur/resver for tis wk, next week toco, etc. then repeat. I asked him why not take them all consistently, but i guess hes bz recently, haven't gotten a reply.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:22 am

i thought to try out with the regime he drew out. btw jacob, if its nanosomal, it wouldnt need much massage or rubbing to get it in right?
That's correct...but never every ingredient in each product is nanosomal..although the nanosomes will help the other ingreds absorb. Other tech is used though too..they have an info page on that.

A little goes a long way btw. I think the biggest problem is too much is used and/or it gets on existing hair so it makes things a bit messy. Most Elsom products are not exactly "cosmetically friendly". But I don't think you have to worry about them skimping on the goodies :-s

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 am

Been on the terminals about a month now so about a month and a half off xandrox and spiro. Haven't seen any shedding as of yet but I'm getting a lot of people asking me if I've dyed my hair and saying it looks thicker or darker. Dunno about regrowth yet but it's still early days, feels more hopeful than the other products though because my scalp and hair are both feeling a lot healthier. Diggin it so far.

Micellarin shampoo is good too. Had a few compliments about smelling nicely of herbal tea which was kinda weird really.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:57 am

How long were you on these for, Jacob?

hopeful19
Regular Poster

Post by hopeful19 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Joey Ramone - Thank for posting your results thus far.
I will be closely following your progress

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Joey Ramone wrote:How long were you on these for, Jacob?
Is there a way to see posts that one hasn't responded to? :-s Sorry Joey..just saw this now.

What do you mean by "these"? I've been using Elsom products for well over 4 years now.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:47 pm

I thought I read you felt you had some regrowth from the terminal products specifically. Have you used these ones before at all and what was your experience with them?

Dr Yechiel sets out a two month regimen for the terminals and then suggests a 7 day break before starting anything again. Depending on how things go, I'm thinking I'll do 4-6 months of the terminals and then try his scalpxtreme with a few other products I've wanted to try out and then maybe give his full scalp care regimen a go if I still feel it would benefit me. I do have a lot of faith/hope in elsom products.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Yep..I did see regrowth with them- do plan to use 'em again soon.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:35 pm

:) so how long were you on the terminals for? I imagine you didn't follow the regimen as set out and were combining them with other products, yeah? At what stage did you start seeing regrowth? 3 months?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:51 pm

I would say 3+ months. I never followed their kit-regimen as I was getting the products as they came out. Most of the time I was just using Elsom topicals..but at times I'd use other things.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Just reordered these. Gonna try the micelarrin hue and the new micelarrin fight shampoos as well. Lookin forward to it.

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:01 am

I just ordered some Dermaheal. I'll use that up. Then go on terminal 1 and 2 by itself. Then on the next set combine both terminal and dermaheal.

hairsucks
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Nothing at the moment.

Post by hairsucks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:38 am

I used Juveline and nanoscalp for a good few months and I think they helped. BUT they stained the %&$! out of my pillows and covers! I shave/buzz my head as well and even though it was the juveline which made my head bright orange the nanoscalp still wasn't cosmetically acceptable to wear during the day. I tried putting a little bit on before and 2 people asked "what the hell is that on your head"?

I know this isn't that relevant to Terminal 1-2 but I'm wondering if these are similar?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 am

Hey hairsucks, other than the color of your scalp did the elsom products do anything for you? Stabilize your loss? Thicken your hair?

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:59 am

Jacob wrote:I would say 3+ months. I never followed their kit-regimen as I was getting the products as they came out. Most of the time I was just using Elsom topicals..but at times I'd use other things.

Erm, one month in.. nothing much yet. Jacob although your hairloss isnt tt bad (norwood 2) iirc, but is the regrowth like comestically visible?

hairsucks
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Nothing at the moment.

Post by hairsucks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:16 am

hulihoop wrote:Hey hairsucks, other than the color of your scalp did the elsom products do anything for you? Stabilize your loss? Thicken your hair?
I would say they may of thickened the crown area a little. I would have liked to have gave them a good 8 months or so but after about 4 months I decided I couldn't really carry on using them because of the cosmetic/pillow problem.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:32 pm

kamisama wrote:
Jacob wrote:I would say 3+ months. I never followed their kit-regimen as I was getting the products as they came out. Most of the time I was just using Elsom topicals..but at times I'd use other things.

Erm, one month in.. nothing much yet. Jacob although your hairloss isnt tt bad (norwood 2) iirc, but is the regrowth like comestically visible?
It's visible to me. It's a very slow process- regrowing hair that has been "gone" for awhile. I would say it's most noticeable where there's still hair- it's thickened up. I can't really see the regrowth in those areas though..or maybe I should say I don't observe/study those areas as much. Also keep in mind I've been using things prior to the ones being discussed here..for years.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:34 am

This stuffs really starting to stink out my hair. One of my mates said I smelled like vinegar this morning with the terminal 1 in my hair. Hard to stay relaxed when feeling this potent.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 am

Use 'em at night..before bed :!: There aren't too many Elsom topicals that are appropriate for daytime use.

Some of the really "strong" ones I'd put on around 7-8(when I could) and do a quick wash before going to bed. Quick... meaning- rinse off my hair..use a good amount of good smelling 'poo.. no major scrubbing/rubbing of the scalp- very quick massaging of just the hair(as best as possible)..rinse.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Joey Ramone wrote:This stuffs really starting to stink out my hair. One of my mates said I smelled like vinegar this morning with the terminal 1 in my hair. Hard to stay relaxed when feeling this potent.
Your comments reminded me of an episode of seinfeld in which George imports a product for his hair loss problem that stinks awful :D
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:13 am

Did the full two month regimen of these, then did the recommended week break and am just starting again since yesterday.

AM SHEDDING LIKE A CRAZY THING. Oh my god.
Hope this is temporary because it's getting bloody hard to hide this hair loss of mine.

Looking generally thin and all the poo vellus hair that xandrox was barely clinging to has headed for the hills so I'm left with just the terminals that were already there, and judging by the one hair I check my hairline from, that's thinning too.

Will keep with this for another 2 months then if it's still looking balls I'll switch to perga's collection of goodies. Actually, I probably will anyway just for a change. Hair loss is such a doucher.