Densiti

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Densiti

Post by Ryand2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:17 pm

This is a product that claims to jump start your bodies production of equol, which is supposed to help with hair loss

http://www.bearbiotech.com/index.html

I think this is interesting because as it is right now its completely FREE \:D/

I dont know if it actually works, after all you HAVE to drink a glass of soy milk twice a day and eat some yogurt... but its a four month supply for free if you live in the U.S. I dont know how much longer it'll be available to trial in this capacity, but I went ahead and ordered a bottle just now.

Let me know what you guys think

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: Densiti

Post by Anxious1 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:39 pm

looks interesting, and safe to try, although i dont know wat the supplement is, so i guess i cant rreally say that.

pity i live in australia, but as long as we get a few ppl on the forum to try each of these new things that come out, we should be right up there when the cure, or best treatment is found! make sure u keep the forum updated on ur progress pls!

kamui
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by kamui » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:13 am

I may try this... I'm getting desperate lol

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 am

OK I ordered my free trial... very kind of them for doing this, must have a lot of confidence in their product. Will report my results.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:42 pm

OK free trial is over all of a sudden.

And 240 capsules is two month supply not four months.

cld
Regular Poster

Post by cld » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:15 pm

its not over..i just ordered

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:42 pm

You didn't pay $11.99?

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:01 am

Sounds like a decent product. Doesn't make outrageous claims. Tells you what it does. Simplistic .

Mexican Hair Off
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Propecia daily
Nizoral 2% 2xweek

DermMatch or a hat :)

Post by Mexican Hair Off » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:35 am

Hmm... Does anyone else wonder about
"50% of Korean and Japanese people are natural equol-producers"
When as many Japanese and Korean people have thinning hair as other nationalities?

They also claim that 30% of other nationalities produce equol, but only when eating a certain diet. Doesn't this mean that most of us who switch to a better diet could produce this stuff without magic pills? \:D/

I'm not needlessly running this down by the way, I just wonder whether simplicity is a mask for something even more simple?
"In some situations just staying still counts as winning"

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:41 pm

received this today, it actually comes in two bottles of 120 capsules each. Dont know when I'll actually start using t.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:49 am

Updates?

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 pm

At the IH board I made a few threads on equol and mentioned this product. That was some months ago. But somehow the topic got revived last week. I would have bought some sooner but their site was pretty messed up at the time. However, I did buy some last week and started on it today.

The creator of this product is actually on the IH board answering questions so he can be found there.

Hello all,

This is Eric Murphy, President of Bear Biotech, soon to be Black Bear Naturals. Hopefully the moderator will be kind to me, as I have been kicked off other forums for no good reason. I will try to not "promote" our product and will focus on answering questions.

I can see that this is a well-informed bunch of people, some with some strict dietary requirements. Unfortunately, with the Densiti regimen, it is quite strict, as we have not had the time or resources to investigate the effectivity of such variables of fermented vs. unfermented soy, etc.

We have settled on recommending unfermented soymilk for the regimen because, it works, it's easily obtained and it's low cost. For the general consumer, soymilk is the most easy solution for soy intake. My hunch is that fermented soy will not be as effective as soymilk, but I have no proof of this.

Densiti has been in development for 4 years. At the beginning, the regimen required taking over 10 capsules per day. We now were able to get it to work with 4 000 size capsules per day by using the highest quality, and expensive ingredients. The Densiti capsules may only have 2 ingredients, green tea extract and Bacillus coagulans, but it took a lot of effort to find the correct combination and grades of ingredients to get it to work. It is possible to get the same effect as Densiti off-the-shelf ingredients, but you will need to consume a lot more capsules per day and that will likely be even be more expensive than Densiti.

I get a lot of criticism about the regimen (primarily the soy) from people picky about what they consume. Please keep in mind that the people of Southeast Asia have a high intake of such foods as soy and green tea, and they are some of the healthiest, longest living people in the world. It is also no coincidence that they have the highest rate of equol-producers in the world.

Also, just look at the alternatives, there are not many good treatments for hair loss. I have personally used minoxidil, and it was only a short-term solution for me. Finasteride was out of the question for me. Other products usually only help in conjunction with other hair loss products, and that can be expensive!

Densiti works, and I believe that it has the potential to displace minoxidil and finasteride as the first-line treatment for hair loss. It will probably take a few years for it to prove itself as a successful product and establish credibility with the masses. For now, you can simply try it and see as an early adopter. If you are not willing to be an early adopter, then Densiti may not be for you.

Finally, I will say that we believe that Densiti is safe. I have personally be on the regimen for 4 years with no ill effects, and others have also successfully picked up the regimen with no noticeable side-effects. Just look at the ingredients of the regimen and you can see there is nothing really "bad" here. It just so happens that when these ingredients are put together correctly, the person is very likely to produce equol.

We will be releasing more information about Densiti in the future with an official product launch later this summer. In the meantime, please see densiti.com for some initial information about the product.

Thank you,
Eric Murphy

I provided a few questions for him to answer

1. How long must one take Densiti til they start seeing results?

3-6 weeks is typical. One person, an older gentleman, took 8 weeks. Even so, the response time is much faster than I could have ever hoped for.

2. Will this product work for everyone if they follow it to the core?

Right now our success rate for people that have claimed they have followed the regimen is over 75%. This is a very good number, but I still have my doubts that the other 25% correctly followed instructions. One thing we have learned from this project, it's hard to get people to follow instructions...

3. You've said you been taking this product for 4 years. Have you gotten any results?

Oh yes. If I had never invented Densiti and just let my hairloss go, I would definitely be about a Norwood 4 or worse right now. Instead, I am about a Norwood 2. I used to be losing hair everywhere, at least several hundred hairs a day. For example, hairs all over in the shower every morning. Now, I do not have that problem.

4. Sometimes my schedule gets hectic. Is it alright to miss a day here and there?

Yes, that should be OK, but I would not recommend doing it within the first 8 weeks when you are trying to get established with the regimen.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:10 am

It got revived because hoppi-go-lucky got excited about yet another thing he can try for a week :shock:

The stuff has been around for some time..and I've yet to see the results the company/guy is claiming. That's not to say that it wouldn't help some(it's possible no one is really staying on it long enough..which may be the case for those in this thread)..but his suggestion to consume unfermented soy..well, you go ahead and drink or eat it up! See the huge list of articles at Mercola for that. In your quote above he says "Please keep in mind that the people of Southeast Asia have a high intake of such foods as soy and green tea, and they are some of the healthiest, longest living people in the world. It is also no coincidence that they have the highest rate of equol-producers in the world." They have a high intake of FERMENTED soy products. This was all brought up in the past as well..and he still doesn't know if fermented soy would be good??

Edit...

I just skimmed over the owner's posts. His suggestion to eat yogurt over probiotic supplements is..well..you'd think he'd know better. Someone should suggest to him maybe looking into human strain varieties of probiotic supplements.

http://www.pharmaxllc.com ..ok, you now need to sign up to see it all. I think most if not all the products are listed here- towards the bottom: http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/Probio ... l#products

http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/en/prod ... GroupID=52

Making and consuming this yogurt may actually make sense: http://www.progurt.com/

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Id ... 23209?at=0

http://www.progressivenutritional.com/# ... n-overview

Just brought those over from another thread..so..no sweat 8)

Jocko59
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Ecklonia Cava

Post by Jocko59 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:44 am

Hoppi-go-lucky, lol. Ok, that is funny right there but pretty accurate. I think the guy is ADHD.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:08 am

Well..everyone is different. I'm just amazed how often ppl don't stick to things. I was reading the other day that that Nioxin scalp peel or anti-fibrin product..whatever it was..was discontinued due to lack of sales(supposedly). It may not even be the one I'm thinking of..but there were quite a few using it and WOW'n over it. Never read about it again after their first reviews.

Jocko59
Regular Poster

Post by Jocko59 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:10 am

Speaking of something realitively new. I have ordered a 30 day suppled of the Marine Phytoplankton capsules from one of the sites that you had linked here. I'm going to give them a shot and see what kind of positive effects (if any) that it has on my general well being and hopefully hair.

After I ordered I did realize that the Limu Zi that I had taken for a while might contain some of the same things as the Phytoplankton. Not sure though. Hopefully not, since the Limu generally made me feel kind of "out of it" when I drank it and I had to stop after a couple of weeks. I don't know how long you have used it, but did you have any adverse reactions to it?

Hopefully the Phytoplankton doesn't give me any side effects. But, if so, the website I ordered from has a money back guarantee so I think I would be basically covered.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:56 pm

It's funny you should bring up phytoplankton. I have about 10 pages up- from that thread..trying to decide whether or not to try it for awhile and if so..which to try. If I do it'll most likely be the bagged/powder version..hopefully I can stomach it.

As far as I know phytoplankton doesn't contain fucoidan..which is in the Limu product. Along with Laminaria Japonica(kelp) and other things. You could drink some of this and see if it affects you http://www.thelimucompany.com/products/ ... fault.aspx :lol: Their shake mix looks good.

I'm just finishing up the Limu product..which is why I'm looking around for something else. I never had any weird reactions. I had been doing metal etc cleanses awhile before starting..so maybe that's why I didn't notice anything :-k

Jocko59
Regular Poster

This is the link from which...

Post by Jocko59 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:45 pm

I ordered my marine phytoplankton.

http://www.marinephytoplankton5000.com/

It was one of the sites you had posted. I should receive it in 3 to 5 days. I will update as I take it.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:22 am

I was going to go with a capsule one- http://www.livepurehealth.ca/North-Coas ... nkton.html ..until I realized it was only 200mg...compared to 500mg at Gesundheit's own website. :-x

Back to equol:

http://www.ausiopharma.com/TechPages/Mechanism.html
Ausio’s first product in clinical development is AUS-131, also known in the literature as S-equol
Animal studies have shown that AUS-131 down regulates the expression of the androgen receptor (AR). The growth of the prostate is regulated through the AR by the androgens testosterone and dihydrotestosterone. Since AUS-131 reduces the amount of the AR, growth is inhibited. This novel mechanism of action does not affect androgen levels, thus improving the quality of life for the man with prostate disorders.