Thymosin beta 4

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Thymosin beta 4

Post by Jacob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:30 pm

There's contact info on their website. And no..they don't answer all questions or even respond to all emails :?

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:48 pm

Any ideas as to the comparisons with TB4 to Dermprotein in terms of effectiveness?

player77
Occasional Poster

Post by player77 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:33 pm

To the guys who have tried this is it possible to leave an update? Has any less shedding been noticed in any way so far? Any other results to report?
cheers

MaxHair
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: Have used: Minoxidil, Propeica, Ketoconazole, Various Commercial Treatments (Spectral DNC, Revivogen, etc...)

Currently using Actistem (Thymosin Beta 4)

Post by MaxHair » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:46 pm

I ordered Actistem (Thymosin Beta 4) because I was excited to try a product that fought hairloss without inhibiting DHT. The order took about 2 1/2 weeks to deliver, and their response to my emails took a while to get as well. I have been using Actistem for approximately 1 week. I have minor frontal thinning (Norwood 1) and am a good responder to most other products (Minoxidil, Propecia, Nizoral, etc...). I was just getting tired of the same type of side effects that come along with DHT inhibiting products ("Brain Fog", Lower sex drive, etc...). It's only been about a week so I can't provide a definitive review of the product just yet. I can provide some information regarding what I've noticed thus far:
1) The cream is non-greasy and odorless
2) If you have a lot of hair or longer hair you need to be careful how much cream you use because it's harder to rub into your scalp and the jar of cream is very small and expensive
3) I get a very slight tingling sensation on my scalp about 5 minutes after applying the cream
4) My frontal shedding has completely slowed/stopped and my hair appears thicker (yes I know it's only been a week)
6) My frontal scalp does not itch at all which for me is usually a sign that a product is working for me personally (again, I'm a good responder, but also tend to experience some of the sides with other hair loss products as well)
5) I have NOT experienced any side effects while using this product so far (this is extremely important to me)

So in summary, so far so good. I will be able to provide a more definitive review of the product in another 2-3 weeks and will post a reply. I've also noticed that a company by the name of Jan Marini is using Thymosin Beta 4 in an eye cream they offer.

Hope this reply helps.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Welcome to the forums MaxHair 8)

Maybe this was posted elsewhere...but do you or anyone else have the complete ingreds list?

I still haven't gotten any response to my last email to them.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hulihoop » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:05 am

Thanks for the post, MaxHair. How are you applying it? i.e. just massaging onto clean scalp 1x/day or dermarolling first, etc.
Again thanks for the update and thanks in advance for keeping us posted.

MaxHair
Treatment Regimen: Have used: Minoxidil, Propeica, Ketoconazole, Various Commercial Treatments (Spectral DNC, Revivogen, etc...)

Post by MaxHair » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi Guys,

The ingredients only state: Contains 1mg Thymosin Beta 4. I'm guessing that the cream could be some sort of Retin-A cream (not sure at all though). It seems to absorb well into my scalp without any residue. I apply the cream after washing my hair by just spreading it lightly in my frontal scalp area. Kind of gives my hair a non-shiny pomade look... if that makes sense. I have on 2 occassions applied the Actistem after using a 0.5 DermaQ Roller. Not sure it's really necessary?

Regards

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 pm

How many jars have you bought?

player77
Occasional Poster

Post by player77 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Thanks for the update keep us posted on your progress. Is this product side effect free ? Could there be any long term dangers using this product ?

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:29 am

realistically how long do you think this jar will last if applied all over the scalp ? 1 month?

MaxHair

Post by MaxHair » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Regarding a couple of the questions that have been posted below:

I'm not sure if there are long term dangers to using the product, I sure hope not. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, this product is also being included in an eye cream, along with Thymosin Beta 1. Hopefully this is a sign that there is enough evidence of no long term dangers to including this compound in cosmetic products. One thing I like about the product is that I'm experiencing zero side effects. I really can't say this about any other product that I've used in the past.

I think if you use the product very sparingly you can get a jar to last 3 - 4 weeks. The more hair you have, the more difficult this will be though.

I've just ordered 2 more jars today, hopefully this will be delivered a little more quickly than last time.

Could someone else who's started using the Actistem product please chime in with some comments.

Thanks

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Remember Jan Marini, for one..has TB4 in her products.

I think this stuff is worth trying out. I just wish they'd list all the ingreds(I thought there was a law about that) and answer all questions.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:07 am

Maxhair /Jacob,

Thanks for your responses guys.

Maxhair - Are you using anything to aid absorption ie laser or scalp exfoliant ?

Can the company that produces TB4 at Actistem not give any assurance to its safety /benefit?

Why havent they listed all the ingredients?

( I have sent an email to the comapny but getting no reponse! )

Regards
Pete

cld
Regular Poster

Post by cld » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:15 am

hey guys whats the link to order the tb4?

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:05 am

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:36 pm

I had a look at their website and don't really have any desire to try this one atm.

For you brave souls giving this a go, they list their phone number on the website, give them a call Hong Kong time via skype if you have unanswered questions.

Telephone: +632 856 5100

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:09 pm

I guess they are at the moment not totally focused on selling this product, because they maybe have less interest and neglect the product at the moment. I wrote them an email and they said that they want to start product marketing in March. They perhaps can offer more services in these times.

They said in this email that they provide this stuff by now because some groups or persons had interest in it. And moreover in March they will get full information regarding their trials.

I have also ordered a few jars. I hope they arrive soon...

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:19 am

I've spent time researching the science behind this product and noticed the similarities to Protein Rich Plasma. I'm thinking of finishing up my Crescina 700 and switching. Does anyone have any positive updates?

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Well guys Actistem arrived today and have just applied first application . Like what Maxhair has said. Very small jars!! my head is buzzed so it was very easily applied and absorbed fast. If your hair is anyway long your going to need alot of jars.

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:48 am

I got my package today from a land down under, where women glow and men plunder!

And Max can you report something new?

MaxHair

Post by MaxHair » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:11 am

I'm noticing a slight shed of hair. Nothing compared to when I started Propecia a few years back. My scalp looks clean and doesn't itch or flake, etc... I'm sticking with this regimine for 3 months and don't intend to add anything. The lack of side effects is fantastic... I just hope this stuff is as effective on human hair growth as it is on lab mice. I read around the 3 week mark some very noticable results should be seen. Sorry one last thing, I've been testing this stuff on a few gray hairs I have on the sides of my head, it appears that the hair has been growing in slightly darker. I personally don't care about a few gray hairs but I want to test the validity of that claim as well. Again, so far so good.

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 pm

4th application nothing to report but shedding from application. If I don't see results from this container and don't hear nothing good I'll just continue with dermaheal

player77
Occasional Poster

Post by player77 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:26 pm

intricate 1 how much shedding are we talking about? how is everybody else doing with results so far

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Shedding seems to be from the vertex area where I apply the minox in the morning. I'd say about 10 long hairs or so when I apply, which is alot if it only comes from a certain area. Maybe it's a bad reaction from the minox. Anyways I hope people are having better results

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:27 am

I came across one of these old posts:

"The product likely contains the 43-Amino Acid sequence known as Thymosin Beta-4. This is NOT the active portion of TB4 that has been shown in studies to stimulate hair growth/regrowth. The "active" portion of the entire sequence is a 7-Amino Acid snippet of the molecule. There AINT NO WAY that you are going to get a molecule with 43 amino acids to penetrate the skin (unless you use a syringe).

The 7-AA sequence is quite unstable and probably will become denatured (rendered useless) in solution in a matter of two or three days. I am not so sure about the stability of the 43-AA sequence.

The polypeptide known as Thymosin Beta-4 has a molecular weight of about 4900. The UPPER limit of skin penetration (by penetration enhancers) is about 1200 (a quarter of the size of TB4). Minoxidil, for example, has a molecular weight of 209. "

AdiStem's Topical modality is used in this procedure where the activated autologous adult stem cells are injected directly into the scalp of the patient.

Jacob /all

1) Do we need a delivery method to get thymosin to penetrate the scalp ?
2) Have actistem added other ingredients in the formula to improve penetration ?
3) Are there other ways of improving penetration of this formula now as the pics of growth used injections ?
4) Can liposomes get round the penetration issue?
5) If the immune response itself is hampering penetration - can we add agents to reduce inflammation to aid penetration of thymosin?
6)How long does the product good to store for in the fridge ie month (s)?

Regards
Pete

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:34 am

Pete..a lot of those questions I asked but never got a response to. On #3..I suppose a dermaroller would help.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks jacob,

Its a shame they havent been so forthcoming,

On the penetration issue I am developing my own ideas because of the lack of insight.

Will update you at some point!!

Regards
Pete

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:45 am

So I am 12 days on it and of course no changes so far.

But hairsucks, I guess you are using it for a month (or longer). I know you have shaved your head, but have you expierenced any alterations so far?

In addition to that, Max did you expierenced changes?

I guess it would be good information when the first signs occur. I think some guys have passed the 1month mark and it would be pretty interesting to get some information from them. In other forums the content regarding first expierences is also very low.

Eventuelly the key question is how long will it need to show positive effects (if it has any).

hairsucks
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Nothing at the moment.

Post by hairsucks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Phil007, I'm still using it and i've not noticed any difference so far but I'd still consider it very early days (about 5 weeks), I got a new camera for xmas and I still haven't got round to taking pics, I really should. I took some with my phone cam but there crap.

PrematureMilli
Occasional Poster

Post by PrematureMilli » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:28 pm

i have one jar of actistem tb4 that i have not used. I just received it but i will not use it as i have too many products in my regimen as it is. If anyone wants to buy it, I will let it go for half price.

I live in the U.S.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Alex Summers » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:00 am

I emailed them asking how well the product penetrates the skin, and if one would need a dermaroller. Here was their response:

Dear Mr. ********,

Greetings!

With regards to your concern, We have done one case in Australia with a dermaroller but did not see any difference with or without rolling. However, a surgeon in Korea uses the cream with a dermaroller quite successfully.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further inquiries.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:23 am

Alex Summers wrote:I emailed them asking how well the product penetrates the skin, and if one would need a dermaroller. Here was their response:

Dear Mr. ********,

Greetings!

With regards to your concern, We have done one case in Australia with a dermaroller but did not see any difference with or without rolling. However, a surgeon in Korea uses the cream with a dermaroller quite successfully.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further inquiries.

Are you sure that wasn't to Dr. AQ ..and about A&G Hair Serum? :-s

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:03 am

I am thinking of using a dermaroller with Thymosin beta 4 . Would you use a dermaroller before or after aplying the cream ?

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:18 am

Jacob,

Now that you mention it, it does sound like an answer the good Doctor would say. Very interesting. A little shady, too.

I'm going to email them and see what other ingredients they've added to their product. I wonder if they'll actually answer me or if they'll just give me a vague answer.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:41 am

Ask who the surgeon in Korea is O:)

I'm all for trying this product btw. I've been interested in TB4 for years(wish my original post at Hairsite was still available..was a very good thread)..but can't fit it in at the moment. It is too bad they can't respond to certain questions though...

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:59 am

I hope they will change their behavior when they sell the product regularly. And I guess in nearly one month they will get detailed information regarding their trials in Europe (Rome, Athens?).

I hope they can deliver in these times when the first signs of regrowth were recognized or at least when hair loss stopped.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 am

I'm going to try to write to them again. Is there anything in particular that you guys think I should ask? It seems they've been pretty good with emailing back so I'm hoping that might continue.

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 am

Maybe you could ask them what I have already mentioned before. If there are already any information about the instant of time when hairloss stopped or regrowth occurred. Thx

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Well, I am 3 weeks on it now.

First impression is a hair loss reduction, no regrowths. The last two days I checked it after having a shower. As far as I can see it reduced significantly. But nevertheless, maybe it slowed down because of seasonal effects. And maybe I am not able to lose the same amout of hairs, because after months there are less on my head. Of course if there are less you cannot lose the same amount:-).

And another issue confuses me...Some are taking it longer than me and reported nothing.

So I will observe it carefully and I hope I have no illusions. :?

cld
Regular Poster

Post by cld » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:52 pm

PrematureMilli i PM'd you

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster

Post by Alex Summers » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:03 am

I finally received a response to my questions. They sent this link in the email: http://www.actistem.com/hairfaq.html

I don't know, I'm still not sure about this product. I'll use it for a little bit longer and see what happens.

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:23 am

The first of the faq's must be a joke!
How long does it take to see results of some kind when this peptide is applied to the scalp?

Most users observe initial hair growing from hair follicles within one week of the first daily application.

Why are they writig this? I guess this is impossible and moreover no one here has expierenced these kinds of growing.

This answer offends my trust in this product.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:53 am

Phil, I dropped by their site this a.m. and checked out the FAQ. I though the same thing when I read the answer to that question after what you've been reporting. I didn't really know what to make of this product but that is certainly making me lean in a certain way now...

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:11 am

The answer is ridiculous. I cannot handle it anyway. I mean if they want to scam, wouldn't it be a better strategy to spread the time out? I mean in this way they could argue that we have to wait, if we have no signs of regrowths. I guess this pressurizes the whole thing. Moreover it is not even possible. I cannot bring it into a line.

In addition to that they have not gotten the Greek trial results, therefore they cannot answer this question. If they have no idea regarding the instant of time of regrowth, it is better to shup up. Just answering questions because of requirement is not the right way if you have no idea about it. This procedure destroys trust.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Phil, growing new hair is one thing but thickening hair that is already present should be easier, wouldn't you think? I mean you don't have to reactivate a follicle that is present but not producing. Wouldn't it just help the follicle produce healthier, more viable hair? Have you seen any signs of that? I use a microscope and it is one of the first things I look for a few weeks or so after starting a new treatment (that and scalp condition). If the scalp condition doesn't appear to be improving or if the existing follicles aren't looking better then I find it a bit of a stretch (not impossible, but a stretch) that is going to grow hair, especially in a short time.

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:54 pm

hulihoop wrote:Phil, growing new hair is one thing but thickening hair that is already present should be easier, wouldn't you think? I mean you don't have to reactivate a follicle that is present but not producing. Wouldn't it just help the follicle produce healthier, more viable hair? Have you seen any signs of that? I use a microscope and it is one of the first things I look for a few weeks or so after starting a new treatment (that and scalp condition). If the scalp condition doesn't appear to be improving or if the existing follicles aren't looking better then I find it a bit of a stretch (not impossible, but a stretch) that is going to grow hair, especially in a short time.
I always thought thin hairs had to fall out before becoming thicker. I was once thinking of waxing my head before starting a treatment/scraping or wounding so that the follicles could start off growing thick without having to wait for them to fall out anyway.

TobyT
Occasional Poster

Post by TobyT » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:51 pm

cld wrote:PrematureMilli i PM'd you
Don't bother. He received my money a week ago and since then has not gotten back to me....

cld
Regular Poster

Post by cld » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:58 pm

TobyT..ok..thanks..hope you get your product..keep us updated with results or lack of

PrematureMilli
Occasional Poster

Post by PrematureMilli » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:59 am

im not even going to lie,... I had forgot about our transaction toby t. I sent it yesterday though.

Sorry,.....

and sorry cdl toby got it first.

TobyT
Occasional Poster

Post by TobyT » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:21 am

PrematureMilli wrote:im not even going to lie,... I had forgot about our transaction toby t. I sent it yesterday though.

Sorry,.....

and sorry cdl toby got it first.
Ok, thanks!