Chore's decided to launch a product.

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Chore's decided to launch a product.

Post by chore boy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Well... after much consideration, I've decided to go into business for myself. Without going too deep into it prematurely, within in the next week or so, I'm launching a company which - among other things - will offer an "intelligent grooming collection". The sulfate-free shampoo featured in the series will be rich in fatty acids and nanosomal cellular longevity agents, anti-inflammatories, etc. It will retail - depending on size, formula and discounts - between $9 and $23. The various grooming supplies will also feature the goodies found in the shampoo.

-- End Cliff Hanger --

cld
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Chore's decided to launch a product.

Post by cld » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:33 pm

hey chore..are you actually formulating different variations? what they be featuring? btw GOOD LUCK!! wish you the best!!

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks, buddy.

In a way, yes, I'm formulating them. I devised the formulation and am outsourcing production. The first formula will be available within the next week or so with the "advanced" formula following soon afterwards.

Might as well put all those lonely nights spent reading Pubmed to good use, ya know? Haha...
Last edited by chore boy on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Did somebody say "goodies"? :D

The nanosomal part ain't bad either 8)

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:53 am

I slept well last night... screw it... satisfaction guarantee on all my products!

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:40 am

Just spoke to my people... I'll have the test batch sometime this week. If everything checks out, be looking for the roll-out next week.

It's time your grooming products worked a little harder.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:44 am

Do you have any results? Be sure to post detailed before & after pics! :lol:

Seriously though, any further details would be cool, assuming we get first dibs.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Not sure why I need before/after pics as I'm not claiming my products grow hair. Rather, I intend to present research on things that I feel are noteworthy subjects for people looking to maximize their hair's potential and how my products' ingredients could theoretically address these things. I will let people draw whatever conclusions they want.

Not to be rude, but this will not turn into a circus like it has with most reps that grace the forums. If folks want to put ten or eleven bucks out there to try an innovative shampoo, awesome... if not, so be it.

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Why don't u ask Jacob to help too? And also what is your opinion about use of growth factors? And have u used derma heal poeiteine or a&g?

wookin

Post by wookin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:03 am

Hey Chore, well if this is going to rival products like revita in terms of whats in it , Id be sure to give it a try. I mean 11 bucks is way better the 40.00. Understanding that it is a shampoo etc so I dont expect this to give me regrowth. Just a nice product with good ingredients is worth it for me. Id rather buy a shampoo with potentially positive hairloss ingredients for 11 bucks than one that has no benefit for 6 bucks etc. Any idea whats going to be in it yet?

Oh and i truly hope this doesnt turn into that circus that Rye and others experienced lol.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:25 am

I used Dermaheal way back in the day. I ended up dropping it mostly due to the price and lack of apparent results.

My opinion on growth factors? I definitely feel they hold promise. However, for some reason, I haven't seen spectacular results from exsisting formulations and some pretty heavy-duty agents have been explored in the forums.

I have my speculations on why this occurs but obviously they're just speculations. Like, why do we tend to see good results from guys using Fin and minox who are just beginning to treat their hairloss? I like to think that it might have something to do with these strong initial responders' hair follicles still having the capacity for normal hair growth (proliferation, differentiation, etc). Loss of this capacity might explain why Fin results decline over time. Who knows... maybe the follicular remodeling that occurs with MPB hinders stem cells located in the niche from migrating to the DP to initiate a new growth cycle? No tellin', homeys...

One thing that concerns me with the use of growth factors is that, if they are in fact inducing proliferation and such, and the follicles aren't producing hairs, it might be the equivalent of spinning the tires of your car with the emergency brake engaged. Doesn't really seem like an outrageous notion to me that these cells might go into senescence prematurely as a result.

Like I said... just speculations. I'm merely thinking out loud, here.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:20 pm

chore boy wrote:Not sure why I need before/after pics as I'm not claiming my products grow hair. Rather, I intend to present research on things that I feel are noteworthy subjects for people looking to maximize their hair's potential and how my products' ingredients could theoretically address these things. I will let people draw whatever conclusions they want.

Not to be rude, but this will not turn into a circus like it has with most reps that grace the forums. If folks want to put ten or eleven bucks out there to try an innovative shampoo, awesome... if not, so be it.
Chore Boy,

the first part of my post (the pictures) was meant in jest, I didn't mean to offend.

Once you roll out more info, I'd certainly be interested in the ingredient profile, etc.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:57 pm

I knew you were kidding and I hope I didn't come off rude. I was just letting everyone know that I'm not going to be participating in shenanigans.

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Can you tell uss what is your regimen? And will u be using all your products?

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Initially, I'm just releasing the shampoo until I can find a suitable nanosomal CoQ10 and then I will release the advanced product. The nano coq10 I was planning on using turns out that it needs to be refridgerated... not good. I'm not even trying to get mixed up with a temperature-sensitive shampoo, ya know? Good news is that I was fortunate enough to come across a gentleman that's been working with liposomes since the early 1980s and he is more than willing to do custom formulations for me! I have him looking into the costs of certain compounds for us. I don't want anything that's going to make the products expensive. I'm bending over backwards to make sure these products are extremely affordable.

hopeful19
Regular Poster

Post by hopeful19 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:36 pm

chore boy wrote:Initially, I'm just releasing the shampoo until I can find a suitable nanosomal CoQ10 and then I will release the advanced product. The nano coq10 I was planning on using turns out that it needs to be refridgerated... not good. I'm not even trying to get mixed up with a temperature-sensitive shampoo, ya know? Good news is that I was fortunate enough to come across a gentleman that's been working with liposomes since the early 1980s and he is more than willing to do custom formulations for me! I have him looking into the costs of certain compounds for us. I don't want anything that's going to make the products expensive. I'm bending over backwards to make sure these products are extremely affordable.
Looking forward to your products buddy

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:53 pm

Thanks.

About the only growth factor I'm still very much interested in is KGF. The liposome guy I spoke to said it's definitely feasible to encapsulate it, which is one of the compounds I have him looking into. If I can get a good enough price on it, I may try it out.

nidhogge
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: - Laser Helmet 3x a week, 20 minutes per session
- Magnesium Oil applied to scalp in the shower and massaged in well, left on for duration of shower
- HGF (Hair Growth Factors) custom formulation from Caregen once or twice a day
- A&G Complex (2 vials left)
- Primordial Performance HairGen Trial topical (coming soon)
- ImmortalHair.org regimen coupled with 112Degrees.com's product for hormonal balance

Post by nidhogge » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:12 am

Chore--

Good work man! Looking forward to trying this out.

Regarding the KGF, the biggest problem is maintaining it's stability...make sure to look into temperature that it has to be kept at.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:22 am

Be looking for the roll-out of the shampoo this weekend... provided I get the labels by then.

Interesting thing I've noticed with this shampoo is that I have zero buildup on my scalp now, whereas I've always had yellowish, sticky gunk that could be scraped off with my fingernails or driver's license. The stuff also makes my face feel awesome when used as a face wash.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am

sounds good chore. how much will it cost?

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:31 pm

$200 per bottle... kidding.

It will probably be something like this for initial shampoo (not the advanced one I'm working on). Please allow for a possible slight fluctuation on the price

4 oz bottle = Regular price - $10.99, Sale price - $7.99

8 oz bottle = Regular price - $!6.99, Sale price - $11.99

I will likely be participating in the Flat Rate Priority program offered by the USPS, among other shipping options.

If for some reason you ever feel like you got bent over the hood of your car on any of my products, I offer a satisfaction/money back guarantee.

Another thing that may benefit you guys is, provided you like the products and wanted to use them, you could tell your local salon or health food store about it... I could wholesale it to them, they would get free advertising with my website's "store locator", and you guys wouldn't have to pay shipping if you bought from them. Seems like a win-win for all parties involved.

wookin

Post by wookin » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:34 pm

hey chore Im in. let me know when I can purchase this from you buddy. Whats in it btw?

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Aloe Gel, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Alkyl Polyglucosides, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Vegetable Glycerine, Chamomile Extract, PhytoCellTec Culture, White Willow Extract, DMDM Hydantoin

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:02 pm

The advanced version will add 3 or 4 of the actives I listed in that other thread, to the above-posted ingredient list.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Be advised: The shampoo has been left unscented while I've been deciding on a neutral, unisex scent. There's a certain space threshold I have to work with before I need to have it re-formulated to compensate for the dilution and unfortunately, fragrances take up space... space that could be better utilized with actives, in my opinion.

Do you guys mind an unscented shampoo?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Are you sure it's going to be "unscented"? Some of these actives to have smells to them. Some actually smell good..I've read Blood of the Dragon is one...

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:40 pm

I mean, yeah, there's a "naturally-occuring" odor to it... I think it may be the aloe. I see what you're saying though. That Morrocco Method Blood of the Dragon hair gel had a faint, pleasant scent to it that might have been the BOTD.

Speaking of stuff that just happens to smell good... Saint Nick came through early as I received my liposome samples... everything from emptys to CoQ10, vit C, E, ATP. The one preparation is so awesome... it smells fantastic and literally has the appearance of bananna ice cream that's just starting to temper. Hahaha... I just want to live in it.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:56 pm

So be it... they'll be left au naturel.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:13 pm

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:15 am

No scent is ok with me.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:10 am

chore boy wrote:.
I hope there's not going to be sand in the product..or anything else gritty. "."