Crescina Stem Re-Growth

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Crescina Stem Re-Growth

Post by Jacob » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:42 pm

http://www.labosuisse.com/products_cre_stem.aspx
They contain Crescina core ingredients (Cysteine, Lysine, Glycoproteine) associated with Diguanosine TP, Prolifex and Isofol. Crescina Stem formula is enriched with the Polyphitic Factor, a compound of plant origin that prepares the scalp to receive Labo newly patented Active PlantStem Cells. On the other hand, to treat hair thinning, Labo Active Plant Stem Cells - Malus domestica, Buddleja davidii and Teprenone – are associated with Genistein to improve hair bulbs cell activity. They come in five different formulations. Crescina Stem vials (amber vials) have to be mixed before every application with 0,5 ml of Active Plant Stem Cells - Malus domestica, Buddleja davidii and Teprenone – contained in the proper bottle.
Also a skin product with the stem cells: http://www.labosuisse.com/Laboina_stem_int.aspx

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Crescina Stem Re-Growth

Post by Jacob » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:47 pm

In Labo hair treatments, particularly Crescina, the use of active plant stem cells is a huge step forward to make the product more effective.

Crescina Stem is also formulated with the Polyphitic Factor, a substance which allows the optimal mix and application to the scalp of Labo patented Active Plant Stem Cells.

New Crescina Stem treatments consist of two elements: the Crescina Stem vials with the Polyphitic Factor and the Active Plant Stem Cells contained in a small bottle inside the box.

Crescina Stem vials contain Crescina Re-Growth core ingredients (Cysteine, Lysine, Glycoprotein), Diguanosine TP and Prolifex, the Isofol complex and a special substance, the Polyphitic Factor, suitable to prepare the hair bulb to receive the Active Plant Stem Cells.
http://www.labosuisse.com/Crescina_Stem_int.aspx

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Very interesting. I've seen this product in French pharmacies and it's another very pricy product. But, apple stem cells and teprenone ... hmmm ... might be worth a second look. Not any more expensive than A&G.

It's been around for at least two years, maybe three. The big commercial supplier for teprenone at the moment is Sederma (Renovage), so it makes sense that European companies would jump on first. Any feedback on Crescina from any of the HL forums with a lot of European users? Those are two fairly promising actives.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Has this particular line been out that long? I know Crescina has been discussed before..but I don't recall the stem cells etc. I noticed the skin product does say it's new.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:48 pm

I can't say for sure that the product hasn't been reformulated, but I've definitely seen Crescina on pharmacy shelves for at least 2-3 years. It was usually 100+ euros. I'm sure I picked up some literature, but at that time I would not have been looking for apple stem cells or teprenone. It was just out of my price range ... so I passed on it. It was clearly a Swiss product.

But now, with those ingredients ... I'd look at it again.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Do apples even have stem cells? I can't seem to find any mention of apple stem cells or even plant stem cells that isn't coming from a source selling something.

A quick glance at Mibelle yeilded this:

"The fruit of an old apple cultivar were used to establish a plan cell culture line. An extract of these cultured plant cells was tested on keratinocyte progenitor cells. The extract was found to greatly increase the colony-forming efficiency, indicating an enhancement of the stem cell characteristic."

http://www.mibellebiochemistry.com/publ ... ellTec.php

----- Notice the mention of plant cells enhancing progenitor cell colonization - which may be true - but how do plant cells all of a sudden become stem cells? Unless I'm missing something, it seems like there's some misleading marketing going on.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:18 am

:?: I thought you knew all about these..and were even getting results with the apple stem cell product, along with the coq10- according to your last post on them.

From LEF:
Plants also have stem cells. Like humans, plant stem cells depend on epigenetic control and signals from surrounding cells for their development. Unlike humans, however, each plant-derived adult stem cell possesses the ability to generate a whole new plant.4 Scientists have found a way to harness the power of plant stem cells by growing plant tissues in culture.
Planting a Seed of Hope

The technique is a relatively simple one. First, viable tissue is obtained from a source plant. This material is called an explant. Next, a small cut is made in the explant. New cells form on the surface of this cut in an attempt to heal the wound. This colorless mass of cells is called a callus. The slowly dividing cells of a callus are undifferentiated cells that lack the characteristics of normal plant cells. They are essentially unprogrammed and full of potential.

With this technology, it is theoretically possible to propagate any plant cell in a liquid culture, opening up a whole new realm of possibilities. This fact started scientists thinking—what would happen if an extract of genetically long-lived plant stem cell tissue was applied to human skin?
For this reason, a special variety of apple was cultivated in the middle of the 18th century that could be stored for a greatly extended period of time. In essence, it was the genetically modified, longer-living stem cells of this tannin-rich variety of apple, called the Uttwiler Spätlauber apple, which were responsible for its unique storage longevity.

In a certain isolated area of rural Switzerland, a few of these hardy apple trees still survive today. Scientists obtained an explant from the leaf of one of these trees to produce a special anti-aging stem cell extract.
In order to test the theory that this unique plant extract would produce anti-aging effects, scientists at Mibelle Biochemistry first obtained human stem cells from the blood of an umbilical cord. Their first in-house study on cell viability showed that, at a concentration of only 0.1%, an extract of Uttwiler Spätlauber stem cells stimulated the proliferation of human stem cells by an astounding 80%! 5
The Amazing Results

In a second experiment, these scientists irradiated the umbilical cord blood stem cells with UV light. Nearly 50% of the stem cells cultured in growth medium alone died, but the cells grown in the culture containing the special apple extract showed only a small decrease in the number of living cells.5

Another in vitro experiment conducted by the scientists involved fibroblast cells. These are the most common of all cells in the connective tissue of the skin. They manufacture the collagen, glycosaminoglycans, reticular and elastic fibers, and glycoproteins that make up the extracellular matrix (connective tissues providing support to cells). Fibroblasts not only help provide a structural framework for the skin, they also play a critical role in wound healing.

In their experiment, the scientists treated fibroblast cells with hydrogen peroxide for two hours until the cells began to show classic signs of aging. In scientific terms, this means that several genes essential for cell proliferation and growth were significantly down-regulated. However, after incubating these cells for 144 hours in a 2% Uttwiler Spätlauber extract, this down-regulation of genes was effectively neutralized, and in some cases, it was actually reversed! In addition, the scientists noted that the expression of an important antioxidant enzyme called heme oxigenase 1 was also stimulated.5

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:23 am

Joanne wrote:I can't say for sure that the product hasn't been reformulated, but I've definitely seen Crescina on pharmacy shelves for at least 2-3 years. It was usually 100+ euros. I'm sure I picked up some literature, but at that time I would not have been looking for apple stem cells or teprenone. It was just out of my price range ... so I passed on it. It was clearly a Swiss product.

They do still have the "regular" version.

And yeah..the product does look good. It's going in my "to try in the future" folder..if some of these other things I'll be trying don't do much. I may even use it in place of the Lamas topical for awhile.. soon.. if there's a good deal out there somewhere.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:30 am

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:53 am

Jacob wrote:
Joanne wrote:I can't say for sure that the product hasn't been reformulated, but I've definitely seen Crescina on pharmacy shelves for at least 2-3 years. It was usually 100+ euros. I'm sure I picked up some literature, but at that time I would not have been looking for apple stem cells or teprenone. It was just out of my price range ... so I passed on it. It was clearly a Swiss product.

They do still have the "regular" version.

And yeah..the product does look good. It's going in my "to try in the future" folder..if some of these other things I'll be trying don't do much. I may even use it in place of the Lamas topical for awhile.. soon.. if there's a good deal out there somewhere.
I went back and looked at the site more closely and it's definitely a new product. All their packaging looks alike and the names are similar, so it's a little confusing. It's on Amazon for a fairly reasonable price (considering the exchange rate) ... but I wouldn't call it a deal. Maybe ebay ... :-k

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:36 am

If you find a good deal on it..please let me/us know. I MAY do the same for you :lol:

Another plant stem cell ingred/combo:

CIC 2 (Ecocert) Crithmum Maritimum Callus Culture Filtrate
89997-98-8
New Technology & Anti-Aging. This product is the first of a new generation of marine extracts from plant stem cells for anti-aging. Use level: 0.1-0.5%.

http://www.presperse.com/Search_Next.as ... ry&x=1&y=1

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Alex Summers » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:21 am

Where can one purchase this product? I might give it a try if no one else is.

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:05 am

Is there anyone using Crescina? any results??

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:24 am

Joanne tipped me off to this place: PharmaMundi.com

Seems to be the cheapest so far..10% off your first order.

tonyj
Regular Poster

Post by tonyj » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:31 am

Just read Labo website. The hair products are pretty exciting news if the products actually does what Labo claims. And this would be the first that I have heard of any product that can grow your hair line to the point or close to the point before your hair receded as their images suggest.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:40 am

So, I'm going to give this a try ... for 2 reasons. I really like the idea of those 2 active ingredients (especially the teprenone) but what pushed me to give it a shot is this customer satisfaction survey:

http://www.crescina.com/ricerca_uk.htm

I like that a lot of women commented in the survey and had very good things to say. Also, it seems like the comments get better each year (2001-2003) and Crescina says they tweak the formulation every year. The Cell formula is the latest, so (hopefully) they're building on success. We shall see.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize the 10% off was for first time purchases, or I would have bought 2 boxes #-o But if it's any good, I'll happily buy more at the regular price.

Probably going to start it next week when it arrives. I'll give it the full month's treatment time and let you guys know how it goes.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:31 am

Thanks for that link, Joanne, that is great. I am tempted to give this a try as I am not using any "regrowth" topical a the moment and this looks interesting, particularly in light of the link you just sent.

doke
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

Post by doke » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:35 am

re crescina i noticed this a while ago and the product starts from 100 to 700 depending what stage of mp you have 700 being the most severe mp,a bit expensive ,i came to the conclusion it may be another kevis, as it makes the scalp go red after application and tingle, but it may do so good only i am a bit scepticle.
Theres another product euro product foltene for men by foltene pharma,you only use 3 phials a week then 2 for maintenace,they do have a lot of data on there site,but there again it has been for sale for a long time,in the uk foltene is a different product ie it is in a lotion bottle with shampoo to go with it,so its small packs of phials in europe and in uk a bottle.
The key ingredient in foltene is tricosaccaride and marine devived ingredience,to be honest i think most of these products will help in mpb similar to minoxidil ,but remember the dreaded dht which is the problem ,so these treatments may work with propecia or dutasteride.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:29 am

I was going to ask..which # those of you who are going to try this are going to use. For MPB..no matter what stage..wouldn't you want to use the most potent/powerful one? I can see a young guy who knows he's in trouble in the future..using the "weaker" ones. But for anyone with any noticeable hairloss...hmmmmmm.

doke..this seems to be a newer version. It contains some ingreds we've been talking about that look good. I'm happy with what Lamas seems to be doing for me..this one also contains the apple stem cells and then other goodies. Which is why I said I may take a break from Lamas sometime and try this stuff. You know how I love to rotate things anyway \:D/ I'd like to use it for at least a few months though..unless they recommend not using it continuously. And..I may wait for a few months because I'll be using the Dermatopoietin product for at least that long..and want to see how that goes first.

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:16 am

hi jacob i was going to try it a few months ago,it is interesting if it is a reworked formula,are you using any propecia or dutas.

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:36 am

looking at labo web site they recommend crescina 500 or 700 for advanced hair loss and for regrowth not the stem cell formula,it seems by some of there testimonials that the non stem cell fomula is very good.
I note that the stem cell crescina is plant based.

tonyj
Regular Poster

Post by tonyj » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:29 am

This stuff is really expensive for something that may or may not work. At Amazon the Crescina 300 is going for $199, still to expensive. Since there is no evidence that this product will work, I would suggest to anybody who is distributing, selling or shilling the product to get the initial price or a promotional sale price way down to something people would not mind paying just to test the product. If this product works as promised, you will have repeat customers.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:21 pm

tonyj wrote:This stuff is really expensive for something that may or may not work. At Amazon the Crescina 300 is going for $199, still to expensive. Since there is no evidence that this product will work, I would suggest to anybody who is distributing, selling or shilling the product to get the initial price or a promotional sale price way down to something people would not mind paying just to test the product. If this product works as promised, you will have repeat customers.
Well, I'm not selling or shilling it, but it's been around for a few years and this is their latest reformulation (with the teprenone and apple stem cells) so I'm going to give it a try in the future. The manufacturer is in Switzerland ... it's not widely marketed here. I don't think they're going to offer any promotions. The best price (so far) is at pharmamundi.com. Still not cheap ... but it is actually a little cheaper than the retail price in Europe when you calculate the exchange rate.

They have a fairly respectable customer survey sheet (link above). The comments were collected from the pharmacies that sold the product. Of course, it's still anecdotal, but it's also pretty consistent over a period of several years and several different countries.

Who knows if anything works? But this certainly deserves to be in the consideration set. :-k

cld
Regular Poster

Post by cld » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:09 pm

yep!! seems like that is the best price..only 3 total hits using froogle and ebay..anyhow..directions say to use every other day fro 2 months..Joanne/Jacob do either of you know if that's suppose to be it? or are you suppose to keep using? man!! that would be really expensive and certainly out of my reach..

DOKE..alot of people on these boards bash kevis..but when i used it around 7years ago it was a great product..i definitely noticed regrowth better than anything else i've used..why did i stop? the unbelievable cost of it..personally i think that their new version would be even more effective..i have even called and it just ended up i couldnt do it..

btw..it is possible that 7 years later i would find it less effective..i think that a lot of us fail to take into consideration what an individuals level of and length of loss is when ppl say xyz doesnt work

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:13 pm

doke wrote:hi jacob i was going to try it a few months ago,it is interesting if it is a reworked formula,are you using any propecia or dutas.
Nope..never have..never will.

On getting the best prices..we should all contact the various vendors and ask for discounts or to beat each other's prices. This is what I did for the DermaHeal discount. Another way to get customers is to offer an extended payment plan. 0% interest of course. 8)

mitcky
Prolific Poster

Post by mitcky » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Joanne..

I ordered this today and I am hopeful. I will post my results either way.

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:00 am

and what about foltene and also revitalash hair conditioner,does anyone keep getting emails from kevis,everyone they send is at a discount but still expensive.

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:12 am

hey jacob i see that guy kerkanco on other site has some impressive regrowth from spectral dnc,the pictures are good.
And talking about apple poly spectral dnc have now added adenosine and apple poly to there multi ingredient product,and polaris labs have a new 7% minoxidil nr-08,so can we expect ds labs to have 7% minoxidil next?

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by ChuckP » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 am

Can you use this along with Dermaheal?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:04 am

doke wrote:hey jacob i see that guy kerkanco on other site has some impressive regrowth from spectral dnc,the pictures are good.
And talking about apple poly spectral dnc have now added adenosine and apple poly to there multi ingredient product,and polaris labs have a new 7% minoxidil nr-08,so can we expect ds labs to have 7% minoxidil next?
Ah..did you see my posts on the kerkanco pics? :-s I'm thinking it was just some kind of joke.

Apple poly isn't the same as apple stem cells..although they're also good.

ChuckP..you're guess is probably as good as anybody else here. You'd think it'd be fine.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Just curious if anyone who ordered this product has received it yet. Wondering how the company is service-wise.

cld
Regular Poster

Post by cld » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:55 pm

i did..service is GREAT!! i orderd this morning and just recieved it 20 minutes ago!! LOL..

nah i havent but i'm interested..Jacob could you reply to my post from above? thanks

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Ha..ha..ha :twisted:

Are you referring to the continually using the product question? Unless something got lost in translation...it sounds like you would need to keep using it..at least for best results. I think the days of "just use this once" are ..ah..over. Now maybe for halting your hairloss for awhile a one or two time treatment may work :-s

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Jacob wrote:Just curious if anyone who ordered this product has received it yet. Wondering how the company is service-wise.
Haven't received mine yet, but I got an email yesterday or today saying it was shipped ... about a week after ordering. It would bother me more if I were going to start right away but I'll be trying that Derma-whatcha-ma-call-it first, so it's not such a big deal.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:51 am

Per the ordering - my order arrived in 5 days.

I've been using the LABOSUISSE - CRESCINA STEM 500 for 2 months. According to a representative from Labo, the product should be used for 3 months in the fall / spring. BTW - the first 2 month supply I picked up while in Italy.

Per my regime, I've been alternating this with Dermaheal in the evening. As for results I will finish up my 3 months and then see what happens. To date, my hair has been thickening up at the crown and small hairs in the front have been darkening up and growing a bit. Not sure which product is causing this to occur.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:47 am

:-s Why haven't you mentioned the product before then..and why isn't it listed in your regimen..???

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:35 am

since i use my iphone a lot to connect to the site, I've not had time to keep up with the site and my profile - takes a lot of time to type. When I'm on a real computer again, I will update my profile...

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster

Post by ChuckP » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:31 pm

What do you mean the product should be use for 3 months in the fall/spring?

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Ditto to Chuck's question as well.
Did the company rep say that we should give the product a break for some time then use it again. They're quite vague with regards to usage in that sense.
I'm really keen to use this in the near future, if it works as well as the survey customers proclaim. Sounds highly encouraging.

Justin.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Jacob wrote:Just curious if anyone who ordered this product has received it yet. Wondering how the company is service-wise.

My order arrived this afternoon. I ordered it last Saturday, so ... service is not bad at all.

As far as how long to use the product, in that customer service, it says:

"On average the sample of Crescina consumers interviewed used the products for just over 4 months, and this mean is higher (to a statistically significant extent) in the sample interviewed in 2001 (over 5 months, on average)."

Doesn't sound like they're advising taking a break after 3 months. Maybe that's a maintenance protocol ... ? Seems like you'd need at least 3-4 months to really see if it actually works.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Thanks Joanne for that info. If it works as well as it seems, 4 months or so of use doesn't sound like a problem at all.

Justin.

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster

Post by ChuckP » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Joanne
Where did you order it from?

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:30 am

ChuckP wrote:Joanne
Where did you order it from?
Hi Chuck. I ordered mine from PharmaMundi.com. They had the lowest price I was able to find, plus a 10% discount on first time purchases.

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster

Post by ChuckP » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:43 pm

So is this stuff like the A & G topical where you use only so many vials and that's all or do you have to use Crescina everyday?

mitcky
Prolific Poster

Post by mitcky » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:22 am

I received my order 4 days after placement. I have used 3 treatments so far. It does remind me of Kevis, in that it has that smell and makes my scalp very red (briefly)
Last edited by mitcky on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mitcky
Prolific Poster

Post by mitcky » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:25 am

ChuckP wrote:So is this stuff like the A & G topical where you use only so many vials and that's all or do you have to use Crescina everyday?

You use the pre made vials 2 consecutive days and then take a day and use 2 conscecutive days and take a day off.....etc., etc., etc

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster

Post by ChuckP » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:54 pm

I googled this stuff and people have been talking about it since 2004, but couldn't find any success story's about it. I guess if it was working it would be all over the place.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:53 am

ChuckP...this is a newer product though. Joanne did post a link to testimonials on their other products.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 pm

I went to the pharmamundi web site to order and noticed they do not have secure link for entering your personal information (this cannot be good). If you go through Amazon to buy the product, the price from pharmamundi increases $30. Is anyone else selling the product in the US or shipping to the US at a lower cost?