GliSODin

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

GliSODin

Post by Joanne » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:24 pm

This brand of SOD-based nutritional supplements has been around for a little while ... maybe 2 years, but was very hard to find/buy. Until now, it was only available through certain dermatologists. Looks like it's online now:

http://www.DermatologistRx.com/displayP ... mitgif.y=9

It's pricy as hell, but they market it to be used pre-/post-op surgery or treatment. Probably 1-3 months.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: GliSODin

Post by Jacob » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:57 pm

That's the product I'm currently taking..the Advanced Daily Formula. I went through one round of the detox first- they could improve the taste. Broke out like crazy..and I "detox" with other things from time to time. I'm on the second(and my last) box of the ADF. I can notice a bit of a difference.

I just happened to get them quite cheap..have no plans to continue using them unless I can get them for the same price or cheaper. Will go back to the seabuckthorn etc that I was taking separately before. Maybe get some more GliSODin again. Also Swanson's Skin Pill which was 2 for 1..may still be. And a touch of coconut oil. I am not drying out this winter :!:

Jarrow has one that contains GliSODin: http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Sk ... /7235?at=0

jksl
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:44 am

nscvent
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Treatment Regimen: propecia (every other day, maintenance)
neutrogena t-gel coal tar shampoo (small amount, once a week)
DMP dimethicone moisturizing product (small amount, once a week)
finesse shampoo, mousse (other days)

Post by nscvent » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:52 pm

The swanson glisodin (300 mg.) is an outstanding antioxidant and there's another one out there at 500 mg.

GLISODIN is really melon extract coated with a wheat polymer for digestion (enterically) and has demonstrated the ability to neutralize free-radicals. People with compromised immune systems are treated with 1000 mg. or more.

It scavenges ROS internally as a supplement but have not seen any hair benefits.