A&G Hair Complex plus- trials

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

davetherave
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex plus- trials

Post by davetherave » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:43 am

Any updates?

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:25 pm

SW2 wrote:hey Guys,

i finished my trial about 10 days ago.

Notes.

During the trial i was able to get 2 applications from the first vial and 3 applications from the other 5. A total of 17 applications spread over 36 days (missed 1 application due to lost baggage @ airport). I did not notice any changes during the first two weeks of the trial in regards to the amount of hair loss, hair growth or physical/mental side effects. I stopped taking all supplements and all other hair loss regime additives 3.5 weeks prior to the trial and maintained throughout. The only addition during the trial that i introduced was Nutra-Lift's shampoo/conditioner.. which i might add is great. Weeks 2-5 i had a very noticeable change in the amount of hair loss. Hair loss increased substantially. i went from losing 20-40 hairs/day to 80-100. I'm uncertain if this is completely a result of the new complex, but i am mentioning this as i did not introduce any other supplement. it has been almost 2 weeks since i stopped the trial and hair loss did not go down from the increase i noticed during the trial.

I did use Dermatopoientin almost a month before the trial and hair loss was almost immediately reduced. This past weekend i've been reapplying Dermatopoientin 1-4 day serum and have again noticed a reduction in hair loss. I'm hesitant to begin with a new hair loss regime, so i will commit to allowing the new complex to go it's course for another few weeks. If there is no noticeable change in my now thinner hair, i will not comment again on my status and accept that AGHC-plus simply has not been beneficial. These are not the results i was hoping for, but as promised, i am reporting my experience.

I do have a 3 month supply of bioclin advance in my room; which i will begin later in February. I'll report any results for this trial as well. In the meantime, i'd like to thank Dr.AQ for providng the opportunity for forum members including myself to participate and do look forward to a new addition or revisions of the complex. I hope other trialist results were more positive then my experience with AGHC-Plus.

cheers everybody.
So basically not only does this product not regrow hair, it makes you lose it faster! I wouldn't use it if they paid me

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Doc why do u think no one is at least claiming the initial growth that some people experienced with the first hc. I know it didn't last for most of us but at least we saw growth or thickening!

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:22 pm

i think you are all being far too hasty with your conclusions... personally, I always shed between the 1-2 mark after starting a treatment. 3-4 months is when you start seeing results.

also, starting and stopping all sorts of other treatments around the time you did this really doesn't do much to help us know what is going on.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:15 am

intricate1 wrote:Doc why do u think no one is at least claiming the initial growth that some people experienced with the first hc. I know it didn't last for most of us but at least we saw growth or thickening!
This is not true with the exception of SW2, I think the other saw some improvement. Lets wait and see what happen.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:17 am

perga wrote:i think you are all being far too hasty with your conclusions... personally, I always shed between the 1-2 mark after starting a treatment. 3-4 months is when you start seeing results.

also, starting and stopping all sorts of other treatments around the time you did this really doesn't do much to help us know what is going on.
I agree, just that everyone know, I was not aware of SW2 being on other treatments.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Dr. AQ,

Does your HFCM contain TGF-b?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:56 pm

chore boy wrote:Dr. AQ,

Does your HFCM contain TGF-b?
There are 3 types of TGF-b, which one are you asking about?

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:31 pm

1 and 2.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Woah woah woah. who the hell said i was on other treatments?!

i stopped everything for the trial 3.5+ weeks before i even started the trial. Okay yes, i did use a new shampoo and conditioner? if you guys think a shampoo and conditioner has the ability to reverse hair loss, please rethink your strategy. i did not and still have not used anything NEW. I used Dermatopoientin once throughout the entire trial, and that was only because i had excessive shedding.

other than the one application, i haven't used any other products except for AGHC-Plus. how is it that Dr.AQ and Perga know i'm using other products when i don't even know i'm using other products? Please let me know, because i certainly have only used AGHC-plus and one application of Dermatopoientin since the end of November. Nutra-lift is a shampoo and conditioner, if that's the 'other' product that you guys are talking about; you're honestly ridiculous.

You asked for an honest member to perform the trial and report results, so i have. And i'll update again: still no signs of progress. @ week 7.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:45 pm

I said starting and stopping treatments. You just said you stopped dermatopioten prior to starting the A&G trial. The ideal experiment to test A&G's effectiveness would have all stray variables removed, which means no changes to your regimen other than A&G. Now, I'm not saying your results are meaningless or anything, but in an ideal experiment, no other topicals would have been used for a long while prior to A&G.

That all said though, I still think it is still too early to see results. IMO, shedding at 1.5 months is a good sign of things to come, or at least, it always has been for me. Good luck in any case.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 pm

SW2 wrote:Woah woah woah. who the hell said i was on other treatments?!

i stopped everything for the trial 3.5+ weeks before i even started the trial. Okay yes, i did use a new shampoo and conditioner? if you guys think a shampoo and conditioner has the ability to reverse hair loss, please rethink your strategy. i did not and still have not used anything NEW. I used Dermatopoientin once throughout the entire trial, and that was only because i had excessive shedding.

other than the one application, i haven't used any other products except for AGHC-Plus. how is it that Dr.AQ and Perga know i'm using other products when i don't even know i'm using other products? Please let me know, because i certainly have only used AGHC-plus and one application of Dermatopoientin since the end of November. Nutra-lift is a shampoo and conditioner, if that's the 'other' product that you guys are talking about; you're honestly ridiculous.

You asked for an honest member to perform the trial and report results, so i have. And i'll update again: still no signs of progress. @ week 7.
SW2, I am not accusing you or justifying the results. I am just saying that should people come and ask me about it, I have no knowledge of it. I picked you because I know you will give an honest evaluation and I am sure you will continue to do so.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:49 pm

chore boy wrote:1 and 2.
With the hair complex, one of the TGF-B is taken out (I am not going to say which one, but I am sure you know which one, or at least I hope you do). You can PM me with the paper you have, I can give you my opinion.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 am

Obviously TGF-b plays a role in NORMAL hair growth cycling but unfortunately, it behaves abnormally in MPB and I can't for the life of me figure out why you would include either one in a hairloss treatment.

NegativeNorwood
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Dr Lee Xandrox plus, TB4, Lamas Serum, Revita, Lamas shampoo, Keto, 300 diode LLT, Elsom T1, T2

Post by NegativeNorwood » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:39 am

chore boy wrote:Obviously TGF-b plays a role in NORMAL hair growth cycling but unfortunately, it behaves abnormally in MPB and I can't for the life of me figure out why you would include either one in a hairloss treatment.
Indeed.

Doc I'm assuming you're using TGF-β3? Is it because you believe TGF-β3 plays a specific function in protecting keratinocytes or are you attempting to reduce scarring?

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:30 pm

Doc I'm assuming you're using TGF-β3? Is it because you believe TGF-β3 plays a specific function in protecting keratinocytes or are you attempting to reduce scarring?
Please don't feed him. Let him answer for himself.

NegativeNorwood
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Dr Lee Xandrox plus, TB4, Lamas Serum, Revita, Lamas shampoo, Keto, 300 diode LLT, Elsom T1, T2

Post by NegativeNorwood » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:47 pm

chore boy wrote:
Please don't feed him. Let him answer for himself.
LOL! Chore. I was trying to go in under the radar as I've noticed you have been classified as an 'inconvenient truth poster' and hence are not answered. Well I guess it's time to talk about high affinty catalysts you up for that Doc?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:55 pm

chore boy wrote:Obviously TGF-b plays a role in NORMAL hair growth cycling but unfortunately, it behaves abnormally in MPB and I can't for the life of me figure out why you would include either one in a hairloss treatment.
Do you have proof of that? Do you think everything that is published is true. If you have a question go ahead and ask, if you need help understanding a paper or get my opinion on it, I offer to help through a PM.

NegativeNorwood
Occasional Poster

Post by NegativeNorwood » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi Dr AQ

I have a question. Are you using TGF-β3 in your hair complex and if so why? This is a legit question and as an ex-customer of yours I would appreciate an answer.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:33 pm

NegativeNorwood wrote:Hi Dr AQ

I have a question. Are you using TGF-β3 in your hair complex and if so why? This is a legit question and as an ex-customer of yours I would appreciate an answer.
Yes, TGF-B3 is believed to enhance the repair mechanism and induce regeneration. There are many argument when it comes to the TGF-B subtypes and their roles in Hair regeneration. A while ago TGF-B2 was found to be harmful to hair especially in alopecia. Soon after that an abstract came out in a meeting stating that TGF-b2 is not a factor in alopecia. This is still debatable and there are no enough data to support either arguments. Please keep in mind that many of these studies are conduct on mice.

NegativeNorwood
Occasional Poster

Post by NegativeNorwood » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Thank you for answering directly. It seems anything can grow hair on mice.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:44 pm

You wouldn't happen to have that abstract laying around, would you?

I'm surprised you would make the mouse comment when there's no shortage of data from cultured human balding DPCs.

Initially, I believe you said that one of the three TGF-b(s) was omitted. Would it be safe to assume that your HFCM contains both TGF-b2, and TGF-b3?

Thanks.

iluvhair
Regular Poster

Post by iluvhair » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:28 pm

tgf-b1 is harmful, yes?

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 pm

No mice in sight...

Identification of androgen-inducible TGF-beta1 derived from dermal papilla cells as a key mediator in androgenetic alopecia.

Inui S, Fukuzato Y, Nakajima T, Yoshikawa K, Itami S.

Department of Dermatology, Osaka University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan.

We attempted to establish a coculture model of human dermal papilla cells (DPCs) from androgenetic alopecia (AGA) and keratinocytes (KCs) to study the pathomechanism of AGA. Since expression of mRNA for the androgen receptor (AR) decreased during subcultivation of DPCs in vitro, we transiently transfected the AR expression vector into the DPCs and cocultured them with KCs. In this coculture, androgen inhibited the growth of KCs by 50%, indicating that the DPCs produce diffusible growth suppressive factors into the medium in an androgen-dependent manner. Since recently increasing evidence has shown the importance of transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) in hair growth, we further examined the concentration of TGF-beta1 in this coculture medium after androgen treatment by ELISA assays. The results showed that androgen treatment increased the secretion of TGF-beta1 into the conditioned medium. Moreover, neutralizing anti-TGF-beta1 antibody reversed the inhibition of KC proliferation. Thus, we suggest that androgen-inducible TGF-beta1 derived from DPCs mediates hair growth suppression in AGA.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12894997

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Androgen-inducible TGF-b1 from balding dermal papilla cells inhibits epithelial cell growth: a clue to understanding paradoxical effects of androgen on human hair growth

Shigeki Inui, Yoko Fukuzato, Takeshi Nakajima, Kunihiko Yoshikawa, and Satoshi Itami

We attempted establishing an in vitro coculture system by using human dermal papilla cells (DPCs) from androgenetic alopecia (AGA) and keratinocytes (KCs) to explore the role of androgens in hair growth regulation. Androgen showed no significant effect on the growth of KCs when they were cocultured with DPCs from AGA. Because the expressions of mRNA of androgen receptor (AR) decreased during subcultivation of DPCs in vitro, we transiently transfected the AR expression vector into the DPCs and cocultured them with KCs. In this modified coculture, androgen significantly suppressed the growth of KCs by ~50%, indicating that overexpression of AR can restore the responsiveness of the DPCs to androgen in vivo. We found that androgen stimulated the expression of TGF-b1 mRNA in the cocultured DPCs. ELISA assays demonstrated that androgen treatment increased the secretion of both total and active TGF-b1 in the conditioned medium. Moreover, the neutralizing anti-TGF-b1 antibody reversed the androgen-elicited growth inhibition of KCs in a dose-dependent manner. These findings suggest that androgen-inducible TGF-b1 derived from DPCs of AGA is involved in epithelial cell growth suppression in our coculture system, providing the clue to understand the paradoxical effects of androgens for human hair growth.

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/abstract/02-0043fjev1

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:47 pm

These experiments are still in vitro or ex-vivo and the same animal arguments can apply. In addition, in a co-culture condition, they are looking at one factor only which is the effect of TGF-B1 on transfected DPC cell making it physiologically irrelevant.
In real life, there are multiple factors that interact to induce AGA. I think its a good start but not a strong one. (my Opinion).
Thanks for sharing

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 am

Nobody is saying that TGF-b = AGA. I'm just saying that balding cells have been shown to succumb to inhibitory and pro-apoptotic factors, one of which is TGF-b. Obviously hair growth is highly complex, but if you look at the problems with MPB (favoritism towards catagen/telogen, collagen streamers, fibrosis, etc.), it's pretty easy to see that TGF-b is at least an accessory in the crime.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Well since the other trialists seem conspicuously absent I'll post my progress or lack of so far. After my experience with the original formula and hearing about Melon Collie's shed while using this updated version I decided only to apply it on my crown. I am happy to report that I never experienced excessive shedding or scalp irritation like I did with the original formula. That said I did shed some hair over the period of application and the net result is that my hair seems a little thinner there.

After 8 weeks since starting the new AGHC I am convinced that it has in fact grown hair. I use a microscope to check out the area I apply it in and it would appear that hair has grown in that area. All of the follicles in that area now seem to be producing hair. The problem is that I need a microscope to see that hair. It is all incredibly fine and lacks pigmentation. Call it vellus hair or extreme miniaturized hair, it is not cosmetically viable. Do I continue to use A&G to try to coax it into becoming terminal? Or is there something else I could/should try to coax those hairs along. My problem with using A&G more is that if I am trading cosmetically viable hair for cosmetically insignificant vellus hair what is the point, especially at $200 a pop. It has not seemed to thicken existing hair in that area which is disappointing.

I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts, particularly Dr. AQ's. I'll try to get my act together and send some microscope pics.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 pm

hulihoop wrote:Well since the other trialists seem conspicuously absent I'll post my progress or lack of so far. After my experience with the original formula and hearing about Melon Collie's shed while using this updated version I decided only to apply it on my crown. I am happy to report that I never experienced excessive shedding or scalp irritation like I did with the original formula. That said I did shed some hair over the period of application and the net result is that my hair seems a little thinner there.

After 8 weeks since starting the new AGHC I am convinced that it has in fact grown hair. I use a microscope to check out the area I apply it in and it would appear that hair has grown in that area. All of the follicles in that area now seem to be producing hair. The problem is that I need a microscope to see that hair. It is all incredibly fine and lacks pigmentation. Call it vellus hair or extreme miniaturized hair, it is not cosmetically viable. Do I continue to use A&G to try to coax it into becoming terminal? Or is there something else I could/should try to coax those hairs along. My problem with using A&G more is that if I am trading cosmetically viable hair for cosmetically insignificant vellus hair what is the point, especially at $200 a pop. It has not seemed to thicken existing hair in that area which is disappointing.

I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts, particularly Dr. AQ's. I'll try to get my act together and send some microscope pics.
I think it is a positive result and with time this hair quality will improve. As I said, this version is meant to be used every 3-4 months. This will help to boost the hair growth cycle. Again this is my take on this and I leave you to make your own conclusion. I am only commenting because I was asked.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:23 am

im not saying it will work, because i dont know, but u cant expect this or anything to just pop up brand new terminal hairs.
the first ones to pop up will always be vellis. i suggest keep using it, and determine if they stay the same, or if they fall out
and get replaced by thicker ones, or if the vellis hairs actually become thicker (u can see this by pulling one out, and seeing if
its tapered towards the end.)

from my experiences, i have had whole new crops of vellis hairs pop up, only to dissapear again, and not come back.

i call this 'shock regrowth'. something shocks the follicles to produce these hairs, but they do not last. The trick is being able to
recognise this for what it is, instead of suddenly telling everyone on the forums u have regrowth, because success is really defined
as not only regrowing hairs, but making sure they grow thicker, terminal, and stay there.

time will tell.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks for the reply, Dr. AQ. Thanks also Anxious for your comments. I agree with you re vellus hairs. I have seen the same over the last year or so. I guess I will watch how these guys do and consider trying it again in a couple of months. I am still looking forward to hearing how the other trialists made out.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Well, I know I'm past due to post some pics but....I'm gonna give it about 3 more weeks I guess. The reason being, like Huli I seemed to thin overall but at the same time a ton of vellus hair is sprouted up everywhere.

Will they turn into terminal hair left on their own? I have no idea.

Will applying this every 3 months be a good idea as Dr. AQ is suggesting? I don't know about that either. You figure if you have to lose a bunch of terminal hair to get vellus hair...I'm not thinking that's a good trade off. Now if these hairs do become terminal then that's another thing. I will say that my hair does seem to be filling in more and more all the time but I don't think I'm quite back to where I started yet. :-s

I think the best thing to do for me is wait a few more weeks and do a photo shoot. I'm not sure I will shave to a no. 4 though, unless I really see significant regrowth that would merit it.

Aside from that. This batch produced a lot of pimples on my head as well. When I say pimples, I mean a lot of little ones and a few big, painful zits. I'm still getting them now, but to a lesser degree.

I know I've said this before, this product does stimulate growth. Having said that, I'm still not convinced the results are lasting or that it will bring the vellus hairs to maturity. I think that's kind of what happened the last time with the original formula. I had a lot of vellus hair at first, but after a while they just went away. Fell out I guess. Overall, looking at the before and after pics from the first run I'd say yes there was some improvement. If all the vellus hair it produced had turned terminal and stuck around, I would have said it was phenomenal. Unfortunately, for me they didn't. Maybe with this new formula they will. My fingers are crossed for sure.

Dr. AQ, I think you are really close with your formula and I think it's still too early to judge this new version. However, based on the results from the old formula, I think you may have to use this on a continuous basis to see real terminal hair regrowth.

Dr. AQ have you considered making this a continuous use product? I know it would be way to pricey in it's current form but have you considered this at all? Thanks again, for choosing me for your trial.

As I said, I'll update with some pics in a few weeks.

anton
Occasional Poster

Post by anton » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:08 am

Just on Mellon Collie's point on continual use. I'm currently using the original formula. I use one vial (I get 4-5 applications from each one) after I get a haircut which is roughly every 5-7 weeks. It has worked really good for me as it has thickened my crown nicely. I find using it like this boosts its effectiveness in my case. It has turned vellous into thicker hair. I also take finasteride but the thickening is due to the AG complex as I've been on Fin for 10 years now which helped me retain but not regrow or thicken to a great degree. However the original formula gives me some pimples as well which do go away after a few weeks.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:17 pm

I think I should chime in here with a quick observation.

I have stopped using scalpure about 1 month ago or so, was shedding the whole time..maybe not as much but def noticable. I decided to use my last box of AGHC after that , since I had nothing else to use at the time. I completed the 5 vials using .5 of a vial every other day. I have noticed over the last week that my hair is much stronger and I do not shed at all anymore. Well I shouldn;t say at all..but I am hard pressed to find 1 or 2 hairs after just rubbing some water in to get the bed head out vigourously. I used to have at least 20 -30 no matter when I messed with my hair. I actually rubbed and scratched the crap outta my hair today and not one hair came out...weird..progress?? who knows. however, I do like what I see so far. This of course is the original AGHC and not the new formula.

When will the new one be available? anyone know? Huli, how are things going for you on the new AGHC?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:44 am

Melon Collie wrote:Well, I know I'm past due to post some pics but....I'm gonna give it about 3 more weeks I guess. The reason being, like Huli I seemed to thin overall but at the same time a ton of vellus hair is sprouted up everywhere.

Will they turn into terminal hair left on their own? I have no idea.

Will applying this every 3 months be a good idea as Dr. AQ is suggesting? I don't know about that either. You figure if you have to lose a bunch of terminal hair to get vellus hair...I'm not thinking that's a good trade off. Now if these hairs do become terminal then that's another thing. I will say that my hair does seem to be filling in more and more all the time but I don't think I'm quite back to where I started yet. :-s

I think the best thing to do for me is wait a few more weeks and do a photo shoot. I'm not sure I will shave to a no. 4 though, unless I really see significant regrowth that would merit it.

Aside from that. This batch produced a lot of pimples on my head as well. When I say pimples, I mean a lot of little ones and a few big, painful zits. I'm still getting them now, but to a lesser degree.

I know I've said this before, this product does stimulate growth. Having said that, I'm still not convinced the results are lasting or that it will bring the vellus hairs to maturity. I think that's kind of what happened the last time with the original formula. I had a lot of vellus hair at first, but after a while they just went away. Fell out I guess. Overall, looking at the before and after pics from the first run I'd say yes there was some improvement. If all the vellus hair it produced had turned terminal and stuck around, I would have said it was phenomenal. Unfortunately, for me they didn't. Maybe with this new formula they will. My fingers are crossed for sure.

Dr. AQ, I think you are really close with your formula and I think it's still too early to judge this new version. However, based on the results from the old formula, I think you may have to use this on a continuous basis to see real terminal hair regrowth.

Dr. AQ have you considered making this a continuous use product? I know it would be way to pricey in it's current form but have you considered this at all? Thanks again, for choosing me for your trial.

As I said, I'll update with some pics in a few weeks.
Thanks Melon for the update, This version is for continuous use, I talked about this earlier (check page 1). I realize that one use will be hard to maintain the hair, that is why I am suggesting a 3-4 usage a year. I look forward to your update and pics in 2 weeks.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:47 am

justthin wrote:I think I should chime in here with a quick observation.

I have stopped using scalpure about 1 month ago or so, was shedding the whole time..maybe not as much but def noticable. I decided to use my last box of AGHC after that , since I had nothing else to use at the time. I completed the 5 vials using .5 of a vial every other day. I have noticed over the last week that my hair is much stronger and I do not shed at all anymore. Well I shouldn;t say at all..but I am hard pressed to find 1 or 2 hairs after just rubbing some water in to get the bed head out vigourously. I used to have at least 20 -30 no matter when I messed with my hair. I actually rubbed and scratched the crap outta my hair today and not one hair came out...weird..progress?? who knows. however, I do like what I see so far. This of course is the original AGHC and not the new formula.

When will the new one be available? anyone know? Huli, how are things going for you on the new AGHC?
The new version will be launched the end of this month in Asia. In the USA, we are thinking of late March. As I said, if there are extra boxes available from the asian patch, I will announce it here and will give you the code for ordering. Hope this help.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:54 am

This new formula has been passed to some members here and so far the results are very promising. We also tested safety and stability and both tests came positive. So its safe to use but I need to see how effective is it. If this formula does work good, We will release it early next year.
If what you said in your original post there is true, why were you planning all along to have it available, before we knew if "this formula does work good"?

hairquest1
Regular Poster

Post by hairquest1 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:37 pm

All i can say about this product, the first one, is that he's not safe and i would say very dangerous, i lost hairs and had any growths, the result is since i used this product, thin hairs and no regrowths! since the use of it, i am still losing hairs even in the back of my head!
I am very anxious and still don't know what to do about this situation!
Last edited by hairquest1 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:57 am

Jacob wrote:
This new formula has been passed to some members here and so far the results are very promising. We also tested safety and stability and both tests came positive. So its safe to use but I need to see how effective is it. If this formula does work good, We will release it early next year.
If what you said in your original post there is true, why were you planning all along to have it available, before we knew if "this formula does work good"?
Good question, I mention earlier that the new formula will be released in Asia first this time around and for the USA/Canada market we will release it little later. This because our Asian partners have carried their own test and found the product to be effective and have placed orders for it.
Just that you know, A&G has 3 different sale channels:
A&G --> consumers (what we have here)
A&G---> Distributors (Asia, USA)
A&G---> Private label (Asia, USA and Mideast)

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 am

Could you please tell me who the Asian partners are/contact info....even if only via PM...thanks..

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Well guys could the trialists give an update on progress to date or lack off? cheers

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Jacob wrote:Could you please tell me who the Asian partners are/contact info....even if only via PM...thanks..
NO I can't , lets keep this between us here.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:33 pm

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:43 am

lol...thats suspisious, maybe they are selling this stuff for a couple of dollars...it doesnt work anyway :lol:
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:35 am

Well..I wasn't even thinking of the cost. Just wanted to get in touch with them- feedback and all :-k

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:21 am

Jacob wrote:Well..I wasn't even thinking of the cost. Just wanted to get in touch with them- feedback and all :-k
I just sent you a PM with the info. you requested. I know you won't let it go and before you know conspiracies will start flying all over the forum. Feel free to mention the price :D

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:18 pm

:lol:

I should change my nick to Persistent...or Stubborn..or... :-s

Thanks.. 8)

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:54 pm

0416Dr wrote:lol...thats suspisious, maybe they are selling this stuff for a couple of dollars...it doesnt work anyway :lol:
I thought you said "I recently took part in the trial and used the 5 vials over the course of two weeks. I always applied it into the scalp and massaged it in for about 5-6 minutes. It has been about 5 weeks and I think I have responded positively. The majority of hairloss has seemed to stop and not much shedding like..."

So, did it work for you or did you misspeak? :P

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:10 am

davetherave wrote:
0416Dr wrote:lol...thats suspisious, maybe they are selling this stuff for a couple of dollars...it doesnt work anyway :lol:
I thought you said "I recently took part in the trial and used the 5 vials over the course of two weeks. I always applied it into the scalp and massaged it in for about 5-6 minutes. It has been about 5 weeks and I think I have responded positively. The majority of hairloss has seemed to stop and not much shedding like..."

So, did it work for you or did you misspeak? :P
it wasnt me... ;)

I would never buy A&G or they should dramatically make some changes to:
1.website
2.product itself, seems it does not work for everybody, so it does not work. Its like a semi-solution for a couple of people....but I believe the ones who do have results (mentioned by Dr.AQ, although I never seen something positive...) do not even suffer MPB.
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Alright guys, its been a while since I posted.. but as one of the trailists, I should provide an update..

So I finished my vials in mid january.. so lets see, thats about 7 weeks since finishing, almost two full months.

Its really tough to say at this point in the game, but I do think a&g has some value. Prior to starting A&G, I was consistantly losing hair.. meaning.. I could rub my scalp over the sink and get 10 - 20 hairs out easy.. and in the shower, which shampooing, I would look at my hand and see at least 5 hairs.. pretty depressing. When I started the new a&g, same story.. but more hairloss.. especially during application... i would looks like 40 - 50 hairs. In the shower.. still 5-6 hairs. After finishing the vials.. I was still on the same boat before I started, losing hair in the shower, and could rub about 10 - 20 in the sink, but now, my hair was alot thinner.. I was not happy.. post a&g, I had less hair than I started with.. brutal. Fast-forward to mid february... I'm noticing that I am barely losing hair at all... now when I rub my head over the sink, I get maybe 1 - 2 hairs.. sometimes none at all.. when I shampoo, I get at most, like 1 hair in my hand.. sometimes no hairs. I question whether this is success in regards to maintenence.. but maybe, since a&g pushed out alot of hair when I started, that there are no weak hairs to loose at the moment?? who know.. and secondly, if it is maintaining, I have less hair then I started with.. so was it worth it?

Fast-forward to today.. my hair seems thicker.. and almost back to wear i started... regrowth? hard to say.. maybe my hair is just longer.. so I'll make the judgement come my next haircut.

conclusions: I may be seeing some maintenance, a much slower progression of hair loss.. and maybe I am seeing a little regrowth, but its still too early to tell. So i'll provide another update in a few weeks.

Note: my results are similar to the first version of a&g... it stopped me from losing alot of hair.. to only losing very little.. but after a few months, it wore off.. and i started losing more again.. so we'll see what happens with the new version.

To Dr. AQ - Perhaps to continue this study further, as the other trialist have yet to see sustainable results, you could provide a second treatment (5 vials) to all the trialist in a month or two, as you said, its more of an ongoing treatment.

thanks!