A&G Hair Complex plus- trials

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Re: A&G Hair Complex plus- trials

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 am

Again the trialists names are:
1- Jajo
2- SW2
3_ melon Collie
4- Hulihoops
5- helpmyhair
6- No obligation but if you see this please introduce yourself many will appreciate it.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Bombarie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:07 am

Plz get ur website updated!
Very unproffesional!

Phil007
Regular Poster

Post by Phil007 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:50 am

Dr.AQ wrote:Again the trialists names are:
1- Jajo
2- SW2
3_ melon Collie
4- Hulihoops
5- helpmyhair
6- No obligation but if you see this please introduce yourself many will appreciate it.
Am I the sixth candidate? Can you please confirm it or reject it. At the very beginning I wrote you an email that you answered and it seemed like you have chosen me. But I am not sure because you have not written me another email. So I hope you can remove these ambiguities. O:)

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Bombarie wrote:Plz get ur website updated!
Very unproffesional!
Can you PM me and tell me what specifically you are unhappy about on our website and I will pass it to the person responsible for our website.
Thanks

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Phil007 wrote:
Dr.AQ wrote:Again the trialists names are:
1- Jajo
2- SW2
3_ melon Collie
4- Hulihoops
5- helpmyhair
Am I the sixth candidate? Can you please confirm it or reject it. At the very beginning I wrote you an email that you answered and it seemed like you have chosen me. But I am not sure because you have not written me another email. So I hope you can remove these ambiguities. O:)
It's not you sir and sorry about the ambiguities.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:07 am

Hi All,

I 'm looking forward to trying the new A&G formula, but I want to give everyone an update on my hairloss fight....

I think I did pretty well on the first round of the A&G and was very encouraged. I did a second round and didn't get any results that I could notice. Since then I think the hair loss has continued or stayed about the same. I think I may just be back to where I was. I haven't done any new pics, but just from critical observation I can say the hair up front went away.

I've been thinking about having my hair cut to a #4 guard so that I can make these new pics consistent as possible. Only thing is, If I do that I don't think we'd be able to compare them with the original pics I did. That hair length was achieved by going to the barber and saying "regular haircut"....not very scientific right?

I got a tripod and a plunger (remote shutter thingy) recently so I can hopefully get the exact same angle on this new generation of pics. I'm not sure about the lighting though. Maybe one of you are photographers and can give me some tips on how to get consistent lighting without buying photography lights. I'm thinking I don't want to use a flash but I'm not sure how to get consistent lighting as ambient light can vary so much. Any suggestions? I think someone mentioned vellum before but again, I don't have photography lights. I couldn't use that with a flash could I?

I really want to document this well, but getting good pictures is NOT easy. Also, I must admit these overhead shots are not only difficult to make consistent but are also a little depressing. I didn't realize before I started this, but wow, even when you see improvement it's kinda depressing to see how thin it looks. Hey, what you gonna do?

Like I said I'm looking forward to the trying the new version and I hope the trialists get the results we all would like to get.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:35 am

Dr. AQ,

I have a question about the new version of the A&G complex. This is probably answered in the trial kits you sent out but anyway I'm sure everyone would like to know...

What is the regimen going to be? Is it every other day until the 5 vials are used then you're done like before, or something else?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 am

Melon Collie wrote:Dr. AQ,

I have a question about the new version of the A&G complex. This is probably answered in the trial kits you sent out but anyway I'm sure everyone would like to know...

What is the regimen going to be? Is it every other day until the 5 vials are used then you're done like before, or something else?
The same as the older version, every other day and use as needed. So each vial can be stretched to 3 treatments or more if you can.
Good luck !

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:47 am

Dr AQ, While I think the trialists are well chosen, respected members of these forums, I must say I'm a bit disappointed.

This is what you wrote to me earlier when I applied:
I was hoping you will join the trial. I think you are a good candidate. I will include you in the study.
I think you should be careful what you promise. If you hadn't said that, I wouldn't have gone out and bought that $700 camera to document the trial. I see I am not the only one who you got such an affirmation (Phil007), so it was not an isolated incident either. [-X One cannot help to wonder just how trustworthy you are, making empty promises like that left and right.
Dr.AQ wrote:I admit that I made a mistake when I said that the AGHC should be a one time treatment, now I know its not. There will be no one time treatment for hair loss as this is a continuous battle we go through with hair loss.
Now, given that you admit that you were wrong about the product being a one time treatment, and seeing that people are likely to have bought the product based on that false claim, I think you owe us some answers regarding the background of that claim.

1. What specifically did you base that claim on? A guess? A wish? A theory? If it was just a theory, please quote pertinent sources and/or studies to support that theory!
2. What did you do to verify the claim scientifically before touting it as truth?

You have also claimed that A&G Hair Complex works by replacing the growth factors lining the follicle which are supposedly lost in MPB.

3a. Please supply evidence to show that such growth factors line the follicle
3b. Please supply evidence to show that such factors are lost in MPB subjects
3c. Please supply evidence to show that the product reaches the correct area and that is biologically active in the proposed way

By evidence I mean references to published research etc. If there is no such published research, please detail your own research to support your claims. How exactly did you go about finding it out? For instance, saying that you tried it on X persons and they grew their hair back does NOT cut it. That would in no way verify that it works in the specific way described in your claims. Give us your electron microscope images, your protein mass spectometry data or whatever other methods you employed to make sure your theories and claims are factual.

More questions to follow!

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:33 pm

I received the A&G a little while ago. It was sent priority mail...The bottles are now amber instead of clear. I haven't opened the vial yet, but I imagine it's the same color as before. I'll let you all know when I start treatment.

I decided to take some pictures today for documentation purposes. It's using ambient lighting as before. Problem is depending on time of day, weather conditions etc. that varies a bit. I'm still thinking about a way to get controlled lighting without a flash or investing into expensive lighting. I thought of those cheap utlity lights combined with some vellum in front to soften it. Maybe I'll try that and compare with the ambient lighting shots to see what works best.

Anyway, I'll post some pics in a little while of the shot I just took using the ambient lighting. I have a shot of 10 weeks post A&G that I will put up too. I didn't take any from the 2nd round though now I wish I did.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Melon Collie ... If your camera is a DSLR and you can mount a flash unit on top, you could buy a flash that tilts and you can bounce the light off the ceiling. Gives a much more even light without the harsh flash blow-out effect.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi Joanne,
Thanks for the input. I used to have access to that type of camera but now I have a Sony Cybershot 5.0 w/10x zoom. A pretty nice camera but it has a built in...oh duh...I'm looking at it right now and it has a place to put an external flash. Great!!! Thanks, I'll try to get an external flash for this. In the mean time I'm about to post a timeline pic for you guys to critique. : ) LOL...by the time I'm through I'll be an expert at photographing the top of bald heads. Hmmmm....is that a career field?

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:32 pm

IMO...my hair may have been a little shorter at the 10 week mark, but does look a lot thinner in the crown than the 5 week and the current pic. What do you guys think. Maybe that was a shed that I didn't notice. Honestly, I don't pay that much attention to shedding or not shedding, so it's hard to say. I'll try to keep tabs on that a little better for this trial. Other than that I don't see much change from the 5 week on. I'm glad I did a current shot, as I thought I lost most of what I had gained from the A&G. I think it is improved from the before pic though not to my satisfaction. Hopefully this new version is improved as Dr. AQ is saying....if so, it should be noticeable.

Let me know what you guys think.
1thru25wks composite.jpg
1thru25wks composite.jpg (132.96 KiB) Viewed 82596 times

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

This whole thing has basically turned into a free press release for him. He answers questions that are convenient, refuses to disclose the ingredient list/mechanism and has yet to demonstrate that he has the slightest effin' bit of knowledge regarding AGA.

Honestly, you have no business selling people growth factors and not disclosing them.... but I suppose it doesn't really matter so long as people are jumping two norwood spots like whoa:

"32 year old subject exhibited receding pattern of Norwood Scale 2-3. Subject was experiencing excessive shedding and rapid hair loss. Examination of the scalp showed hardening and increased dandruff mainly at temple region. Revaluation at Week 15 showed a Norwood Scale 1 pattern, with no visible hair loss or dandruff"

Now, why in the hell would you not take a picture of this miraculous regrowth? Likely because it never happened.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:01 pm

p__ wrote:Dr AQ, While I think the trialists are well chosen, respected members of these forums, I must say I'm a bit disappointed.

This is what you wrote to me earlier when I applied:
I was hoping you will join the trial. I think you are a good candidate. I will include you in the study.
I think you should be careful what you promise. If you hadn't said that, I wouldn't have gone out and bought that $700 camera to document the trial. I see I am not the only one who you got such an affirmation (Phil007), so it was not an isolated incident either. [-X One cannot help to wonder just how trustworthy you are, making empty promises like that left and right.
Dr.AQ wrote:I admit that I made a mistake when I said that the AGHC should be a one time treatment, now I know its not. There will be no one time treatment for hair loss as this is a continuous battle we go through with hair loss.
Now, given that you admit that you were wrong about the product being a one time treatment, and seeing that people are likely to have bought the product based on that false claim, I think you owe us some answers regarding the background of that claim.

1. What specifically did you base that claim on? A guess? A wish? A theory? If it was just a theory, please quote pertinent sources and/or studies to support that theory!
2. What did you do to verify the claim scientifically before touting it as truth?

You have also claimed that A&G Hair Complex works by replacing the growth factors lining the follicle which are supposedly lost in MPB.

3a. Please supply evidence to show that such growth factors line the follicle
3b. Please supply evidence to show that such factors are lost in MPB subjects
3c. Please supply evidence to show that the product reaches the correct area and that is biologically active in the proposed way

By evidence I mean references to published research etc. If there is no such published research, please detail your own research to support your claims. How exactly did you go about finding it out? For instance, saying that you tried it on X persons and they grew their hair back does NOT cut it. That would in no way verify that it works in the specific way described in your claims. Give us your electron microscope images, your protein mass spectometry data or whatever other methods you employed to make sure your theories and claims are factual.

More questions to follow!
I apologize for that, I am not the person who promise and don't follow. however, in my defense, I was not the only one making the decision. In addition, you are not located in the north america continent. This is an issue of time and logistics. My opinion on you remain the same and I still think you would be a good candidate. Again my apology.
I regards to your questions, they are very important questions but I can't answer them. Many are reading this forum and I am not going to detail any scientific findings developed by A&G. I hope you understand.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:10 am

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:52 am

chore boy wrote: Now, why in the hell would you not take a picture of this miraculous regrowth? Likely because it never happened.
very good point there
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

LiverPool
Regular Poster

Post by LiverPool » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:33 pm

chore boy wrote:"32 year old subject exhibited receding pattern of Norwood Scale 2-3. Subject was experiencing excessive shedding and rapid hair loss. Examination of the scalp showed hardening and increased dandruff mainly at temple region. Revaluation at Week 15 showed a Norwood Scale 1 pattern, with no visible hair loss or dandruff"

Now, why in the hell would you not take a picture of this miraculous regrowth? Likely because it never happened.
Has the doc answered this good question yet?

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Got my hair cut to a #4 on Saturday 12/12/09

Applied the first treatment of the new version yesterday 12/13/09 - Short hair makes it much easier to apply and seems to go further. I will try to get 3 applications from each vial.

I used the Lasermax 90 for 20 min. then I used a 1.0 mm dermaroller for about 15 min. then applied the A&G, massaged for about 5 min., dermaroller another 5 minutes, lasered another 5 minutes.

This was the first time ever using the dermaroller. Not that painful, but I didn't push down hard at all. little spots of blood here and there but not like some of the videos I've seen. I imagine you're supposed to push down harder than I did.
long_#4Combo.jpg
long_#4Combo.jpg (106.37 KiB) Viewed 82047 times

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Hey Melon Collie, I was just wondering if you lost a lot of hairs while massaging the Complex in?

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Brunz19 - No, I didn't.

I cut my hair to a #4 guard Saturday so the hairs are only about an inch long now.

The other photos the hairs are probably about 3.5 to 4.5 inches long.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 am

I just applied the second treatment. I followed the same procedure as before, except I did the second (5 min.) dermaroller right after the A&G and before the second (5 min.) laser treatment. I think I'll do it in this order from here on.

I massaged for 5 minutes over the bathroom sink and counted the 52 hairs of various thicknesses. Mostly thin ones but some nice thick ones too. That seems like a lot of loss to me, considering the small amount of hair I have.

When doing the dermaroller this time I noticed my scalp was a bit tender compared to the first time. A lot more tingling sensation this time than the first application too. Finished the dermaroller about a half an hour ago and the tingling is still going very strong. I'm feeling it mostly in the frontal to mid scalp area.

I never got much tingle with the first or second round of A&G, so I am assuming that the tingling feeling is coming from the dermaroller.

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Melon Collie wrote:I just applied the second treatment. I followed the same procedure as before, except I did the second (5 min.) dermaroller right after the A&G and before the second (5 min.) laser treatment. I think I'll do it in this order from here on.

I massaged for 5 minutes over the bathroom sink and counted the 52 hairs of various thicknesses. Mostly thin ones but some nice thick ones too. That seems like a lot of loss to me, considering the small amount of hair I have.

When doing the dermaroller this time I noticed my scalp was a bit tender compared to the first time. A lot more tingling sensation this time than the first application too. Finished the dermaroller about a half an hour ago and the tingling is still going very strong. I'm feeling it mostly in the frontal to mid scalp area.

I never got much tingle with the first or second round of A&G, so I am assuming that the tingling feeling is coming from the dermaroller.
Thanks for the update MC. I did 2 rounds of the original A&G myself but got no results. I am currently on the "once bitten twice shy" camp myself, or should that be "twice bitten twice shy". Posts from credible posters like yourself are so important. Thanks again.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Thanks IrishPete, I think it's safe to say that we all want this to work a lot better than the original version. I'll keep the updates coming.

Someone PM'd an interesting theory about the hair shed I had while massaging in the A&G this morning....

Question: Are there any experienced dermaroller users on this forum? If so, anyone had excessive shedding or shock loss from using one?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Melon Collie wrote:Question: Are there any experienced dermaroller users on this forum? If so, anyone had excessive shedding or shock loss from using one?
I've used 'em in the past..so I guess I'm "experienced". Didn't have any excessive shedding or shock loss. After a bit I didn't use it every day though. I think it's one of those things you can overdo...

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Hey Guys,

haven't checked in for a little while, but I'm one of the trialists for the new HC. I haven't gotten mine yet though. Guessing its taking a while since I'm in Canada. When I get it, i'll be on the forums alot more often.

Question for dr. AQ, should I be storing the bottles in the fridge like the first version? Melon Collie, are you doing that? lemme know. thanks.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:34 pm

helpmyhair wrote:Hey Guys,

haven't checked in for a little while, but I'm one of the trialists for the new HC. I haven't gotten mine yet though. Guessing its taking a while since I'm in Canada. When I get it, i'll be on the forums alot more often.

Question for dr. AQ, should I be storing the bottles in the fridge like the first version? Melon Collie, are you doing that? lemme know. thanks.
As long as you keep it within room temperature that should be OK. Mail is going slow this time of the year because of the holidays.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:25 pm

helpmyhair wrote:
helpmyhair -

Yes, I've been keeping it in the fridge, but bring it to room temp. before using it.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the trialists on here soon.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:44 am

3rd treatment - shed about 45-50 hairs when massaging scalp after applying A&G....there was one thick dark one about 1" long, and the rest were thin 1/2" to 3/4' long. A lot of tingling post dermaroller/A&G treatment. The tingle lasted a good hour after the second treatment.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:03 am

Are there ingredients on the packaging? I am wondering if there is any pg in the mixture as I think that is what really made me react poorly to the first version on A&G and shed a lot of hair. When I tried the pg free version there was no similar reaction and minimal shedding.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:36 am

hulihoop wrote:Are there ingredients on the packaging? I am wondering if there is any pg in the mixture as I think that is what really made me react poorly to the first version on A&G and shed a lot of hair. When I tried the pg free version there was no similar reaction and minimal shedding.
Yes, the ingredients lists PG.

I didn't really, look for shedding with the old version, so I don't know if I shed a lot or not.

I'm not too concerned at this point. The hair I'm losing doesn't seem to make much cosmetic difference. On one hand I do hope it slows down....but maybe shedding is a sign that the complex is doing something good. Time will tell.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:37 pm

i disagree because if its shedding because of the effect on the hair cycle then this should happen after a few months like it does with fin or min, but if its shedding while ur applying it, then this is probably just from the pressure from rubbing, or it has some bad chemcal thats lethal to ur hair.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:34 am

hulihoop wrote:Are there ingredients on the packaging? I am wondering if there is any pg in the mixture as I think that is what really made me react poorly to the first version on A&G and shed a lot of hair. When I tried the pg free version there was no similar reaction and minimal shedding.
There is NO PG in the new formula. We are using the same box currently and the ingredient list is not included for the new formula.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:37 am

Anxious1 wrote:i disagree because if its shedding because of the effect on the hair cycle then this should happen after a few months like it does with fin or min, but if its shedding while ur applying it, then this is probably just from the pressure from rubbing, or it has some bad chemcal thats lethal to ur hair.
I think its mostly as a result of the dermaroller.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:00 pm

4th treatment - Used the same routine as before....shed about 42 hairs when massaging scalp after applying A&G. Mostly thicker longer hair this time. Still a lot of tingling post dermaroller/A&G treatment.

5th treatment - Only shed about 14 hairs this time. Mostly very small, thin hairs. Same tingling for about and hour. Seeing some peach fuzz growth beginning all over. Noticed some itching lately.

6th treatment - Shed about 16 hairs this time. All small thin hairs. Tingling about the same....

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:54 pm

7th treatment - Shed about 20 hairs while doing the post A&G application massage. 2 thick hair and the rest small thin hairs. Same tingling.

A lot of pimples on the treated area this morning. I counted 30 just in the frontal area using a 10x mag mirror. I did see this before when using the old version, but not as many.

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:33 am

where are the other trialists?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:57 am

Hey driver, I am still waiting for mine to arrive. I expected it to take a while with the holiday mail but it should arrive soon.

I am disappointed to hear of the shedding associated with Mellon Collie's trial so far. No other hair loss treatment I have tried resulted in the kind of hair loss on application that the original A&G did for me and it looks like it is the same so far for Mellon Collie. I may end up spot testing it rather than using it on my entire scalp, but either way I will take photos and document the entire process. I don't mind a substantial shed if I know it is all going to be replaced with new terminal hair, but given that there is some uncertainty about this I am a little reluctant to go through that. I have a very specific area that I would spot test it on and would be thus able to still monitor its effectiveness (with both photos and microscopic photos) without risking a major step backwards if it doesn't work great. I'll let everyone know when I start the process.

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster

Post by helpmyhair » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:46 pm

Hey Guys,

So I just received my trail package. I expected it to be a bit of a wait as I'm in Toronto, Canada. But I finally got it.. Huli.. aren't you Canadian? where in canada?

So I'm gonna start this weekend... aka the new year.. as these next couple days are a bit crazy for me, and i don't wanna miss any applications.

FYI Huli and others, when I used A&G when it first came out, I shed alot during application as well. But then again, I've been in a constant state of shedding for a long time now.. probably about a year, but just because you shed, doesn't mean you lose that hair, most of the time, it'll regrow back in.. probably thinner.. So i'm not too worried about the shed.. i just wanna see some results.. I'll keep you guys posted.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:00 am

8th treatment 12/30/09 - Shed about 12 hairs while doing the post A&G application massage. 6 were short but thick hairs about a 1/2 inch long. The rest were the small thin hairs also about a 1/2 inch long. Same tingling as always.

Pimples seem to have lessened but there are still quite a few.

Good to see you other trialists on here....I look forward to comparing notes.

@Huli - I understand you're concern with the shedding. I will say that for me it seems to have slowed down some now.

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster

Post by helpmyhair » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:57 am

Hey guys/Dr.AQ,

so i plan on starting my trial today, though I can't remember exactly the instructions.. I know you wash your hair first.. do you apply it to dry hair.. or wet.. or damp.. can't remember.. and massage for 5 min? every other day i believe. can someone go over the application method? thx.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:24 pm

helpmyhair wrote:Hey guys/Dr.AQ,

so i plan on starting my trial today, though I can't remember exactly the instructions.. I know you wash your hair first.. do you apply it to dry hair.. or wet.. or damp.. can't remember.. and massage for 5 min? every other day i believe. can someone go over the application method? thx.
Dry hair is better and use only as you need. So one vial can last 3 treatments based on the area you want to treat. Every other day and massage it on for 5-10 min.
Good luck

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:05 pm

LiverPool wrote:
chore boy wrote:"32 year old subject exhibited receding pattern of Norwood Scale 2-3. Subject was experiencing excessive shedding and rapid hair loss. Examination of the scalp showed hardening and increased dandruff mainly at temple region. Revaluation at Week 15 showed a Norwood Scale 1 pattern, with no visible hair loss or dandruff"

Hate it when they avoid questions.

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster

Post by helpmyhair » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:04 am

Dr AQ,

I noticed that when I recieved my trials, all of the bottle are only about half full. Is it supposed to be like that?

When I did the first version of A&G, I was only able to get about 2 apps per bottle as I still have a good amount of hair. Now that I only have half bottles, I may only get 1 treatment per bottle for a total of 5, maybe 6 or 7 treatments. Will that be enough?

thanks

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:11 pm

helpmyhair wrote:Dr AQ,

I noticed that when I recieved my trials, all of the bottle are only about half full. Is it supposed to be like that?

When I did the first version of A&G, I was only able to get about 2 apps per bottle as I still have a good amount of hair. Now that I only have half bottles, I may only get 1 treatment per bottle for a total of 5, maybe 6 or 7 treatments. Will that be enough?

thanks
The bottles contain 6 ml each that means it should be enough for at least 2 treatments/bottle. 10 treatents should be enough, the more the better though.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Joey Ramone wrote:
LiverPool wrote:

Hate it when they avoid questions.
This case was reported to us by one of our clinics and the pics shown are from them. I agree we could have done a better job with pics and evaluations. Now we are doing the testing out in the open and so far the pics provided by Melone and hopefully the rest of the trialists will be satisfactory to everyone here,

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:04 pm

9th treatment 1/1/10 - Shed about 15 hairs while doing the post A&G application massage. Same tingling. Pimples are clearing up except for 2 really big ones. Both are on the crown area. Looks about the same as when I started cosmetically I think. There are a lot of peach fuzz sprouting up.

10th treatment 1/3/10 - Shed 17 hairs doing the post A&G application massage. Same tingling. Pimples all gone. Had a lot of dry skin coming off of my scalp today. Just running my hand accross the top of my head would cause like a fine dust. It wasn't really like dandruff (no big flakes) and it wasn't dried up A&G complex, as it's an off day and I washed my hair this morning.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:47 am

Hi guys,

I received my trial package on Monday and began on Monday night. I have decided to use it on my crown only which is where I am thinnest. It will be easier to monitor it that way and I should be able to stretch the treatments out longer that way. If I works well then I can use it on the rest of my head to thicken it up later.

It turns out I have some camera issues so don't expect to see full head shots right away but I will do my best to get them soon. However I took microscope photos of the left, middle and right side of my crown and will post them when I have more time and figure out how to post a photo on here. Basically I have hair producing follicles, it's just that too many of them are really miniaturized there and some have little to no cosmetic value. If the HC can either encourage them to grow into healthy terminal hair or shed and be replaced by healthy terminal hair I will be very happy and essentially no longer have any thin spots on my crown. We'll see if it is up to the task.

First application was after an exfoliation with a homemade bromelain topical and a shower. There are some patches of inflammation visible in the photos - not sure whether that is from the exfoliation or from the breakdown in my diet over the holidays. In any event it will be interesting to see how the A&G affects that. I recall Dr. AQ saying the original complex was supposed to "condition your scalp" although with me it led to drastic inflammation due probably to the pg. I can say after the first application that it went on very easily and absorbed well. I experienced no tingling. Not sure whether or not this is good or bad. I know that last time I experienced lots of tingling with the original formula, but again I think that was more to do with the pg than the growth factors. No shedding of hairs during application but it was the first one. In any event I don't think I will see the same shedding that Mellon Collie has seen as he is doing a much larger area than I am.

Will keep you all posted.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 am

Hello everyone and happy new year:
FYI-
All trialists have received their samples, I am not sure why they are not reporting.

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:28 pm

I am not a trialist but I was one of the "tweeners." I used a modified version of a&G. I must say, may hair is the best it's been in quite a while. I did get some new growth along the side hairline(s). Crown looks good and hairloss is almost nil. Nothing in the shower.