new treatment

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

headstart
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

new treatment

Post by headstart » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:47 pm

I found out about this last month. It's a hand-held battery-powered device which was originally invented to relieve stress, which it does. However many users reported an unexpected side effect - their hair started to grow back. So the inventor focused on this aspect and started a clinical trial supervised by a couple of doctors. Three years, 10,000 hours and about 200 patients later the amazing results are in - a 96% success rate. Some patients had visible results in as little as a month. The device can be yours for a one time out of pocket expense. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the web site address. The company is in Vancouver. I both use and market the device.
John

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: new treatment

Post by hapyman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks for being forth coming and honest. You don't see that everyday on the hair loss boards. I believe they allow vendors or others affiliated with companies to post here as long as they are forthcoming and help answer any questions users may have.

Anyhow I am sure everyone would love to hear more about your product if you have more info or maybe I am just speaking for myself :shock:.

Fair warning though... some here will really grill you about your product and evidence. Lots of skeptics here but mostly for good reason.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Well it's good to have you say up front that you do market the device. Feel free to post the website address..but be prepared to answer questions. And..crazy claims drive us crazy :?

edit..hapyman beat me to it..read my mind(?) even...

edit again..dang..it's like you're my twin brother or something :lol:

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:56 pm

so im guessing its one of the following, a handheld laser/uv device, a handheld vibration device, a handheld ultrasound device, a etg device, or laser acupuncture, or a combination of some of them?

we r interested, tell us more, and keep being honest and u will have no problems here other then skepticism

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:20 am

[Edited to remove off-topic stuff]

But let me get this straight, a marketer comes here, is perfectly open and honest about it, and even has the courtesy to ask if he's allowed to post a link. I've never heard of that type of behaviour before... :-k There has to be something wrong in that picture! It makes me very suspicious! Burn the scammer! Burn him! :lol:
Last edited by p__ on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

headstart

Post by headstart » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:25 am

OK here's the web site address http://www.myfollicleshair.com/headstart
Actually other beneficial effects have been reported by users, including reduction and elimination of pain and improvement in the condition and appearance of skin. So far these are just anecdotal. The inventor told me that he intends to start clinical trials for these and other reported benefits. So it could turn out to be a multi-beneficial device.
John Polzer
Vancouver

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:52 am

Hi John!

From the site:
Minoxidil (Rogaine) ... Effectiveness - Follicles has never had anyone have positive results with this.

Finasteride (Propecia) ... Effectiveness - Follicles has never had anyone have positive results with this.
Eh...say what? That is not a very credible statement, especially if you maintain that you have made a large number of tests.

You might also want to change your definition of alopecia to alopcia areata in this paragraph:
Alopecia - is a form of hair loss from areas of the body, usually from the scalp. Because it causes bald spots on the head, especially in the first stages, it is sometimes called spot baldness. In 1�2% of cases, the condition can spread to the entire scalp.
Alopecia simply means hair loss. Alopica areata is "spot" hair loss. Androgenic alopecia is the type responsible for "male pattern baldness".

In the following paragraph you should remove the word "rotating". You'll find an entire section on this forum dedicated to LLLT. I don't think anyone uses rotating lasers or at least I don't think they'd say it's a prerequisite.
Laser Therapy
Low light lasers were developed in Europe. They deliver light energy directly from multiple rotating lasers to the scalp.
On your site, you say that the device "produces a relaxing scalp message sensation" and "produces a gentle relaxing scalp message"etc. I assume that's just a repeated typo and that you mean "massage", not "message"? (Sorry to be nitpicking, I just want to understand what it is you claim the device does).
Last edited by p__ on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:33 am

Hi John,

Thanks for the link/info. Looks interesting, but I couldn't find any specs on the device other than the fact that it's powered by a rechargeable battery. Would you please fill us in on that? What exactly is in those 7 glass tubes?

Also, I see that Americans can't order on the website. What is the price for Americans going through a US distributor if the retail price is $995 CAN ?

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Some questions:

1. I see that you offer a 10 day money-back guarantee. Isn't that way to short since even the first possible signs of improvement would normally take several weeks to detect according to the website? And packages could easily be delayed by the postal service longer than that. Let's assume on average it takes 4 days to get it and 4 days to return it. That would leave 2 days to try it.
2. Would you be willing to send (lend) a few samples of the device to members of this site (selected by the moderators) for review and evaluation? If you do this, given your 96% success rate, your product will receive great marketing value when the trial users report significant improvement in their condition to the rest of the community.

The website states the device "incorporates light, oxygen and relaxing frequencies for the scalp".

3. What type of light is it?
4. Could you elaborate on how oxygen is incorporated and applied in the process?
5. Are the "relaxing frequencies" mentioned simply small vibrations?

And perhaps the most important question (sorry for sounding a bit cynical here)

6. Why isn't it possible to buy the product without joining some sort of pyramid scheme/ponzi scheme?

Thank you for your answers!
Last edited by p__ on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Joanne wrote:Also, I see that Americans can't order on the website. What is the price for Americans going through a US distributor if the retail price is $995 CAN ?
Joanne, where dìd you see that price? And where are distributors mentioned? In the text they say "Follicles does not sell Company Product directly to the public"

All I can see is an option to "buy wholesale" by joining what seems like a pyramid/ponzi scheme thingy. 8` :-k

EDIT: Ah, never mind! After clicking around for a while I found the online shop. I wonder why they say they don't sell directly to the public on another place on the website. And I wonder why they can't sell outside Canada... it sure isn't a restriction imposed by other countries.
Last edited by p__ on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:34 pm

http://www.myfollicleshair.com/ecommerc ... 1076&EID=0

(There was page with a box where you could buy RETAIL or buy WHOLESALE that linked to this RETAIL sales page).

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks! Just found it too! :)

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:24 pm

looks interesting, but we need some more info i guess. is it in any way similar to etg machine. that creats electrostatic energy or something over the scalp, (in a hood) to make hairs stand up, get more blood, and grow better.

I have tried etg by the way, and it works, but only a few companies make the hoods for clinics, and the cheapest one is
$16 000, not the sort of thing u can make at home!

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:27 pm

oh and let this be a lesson for any company considering selling a product on the forum.

See how nice we can be if someone is just up front about their intentions? t

tell us ur selling something straight away, and we will listen.

hide behind a anonymous user, and we will strike u down, and tell u to piss off.

again thanx dude for being honest, youve no idea how hard it seems to be for people to tell the truth.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Actually this looks very similar to a technology that has been around for awhile. Anyone every hear of the violet ray wand introduced by Edgar Cayce? Similar concept. Vacuum glass tubes with a mixture of gases and a metal cathode (?) inside. Electricity is run through it which creates ozone and NO, while increasing blood supply to the skin.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:46 pm

Does look interesting.

I'm going to go ahead and delete the goofy posts..you know..the ones wondering where he was...bird talk...etc :-s

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:50 pm

interesting device however it is extremely expensive for such a small device, I could probably buy a laser helmet for roughly the same price which is ergonomically superior and has had more widespread success or evaluation than this device.

It is an interesting device for sure, the fact that it can relieve stress is a great merit on its own but we will need more than just a video of a few gentlemen reading out some testimonials, I would love to see some solid evidence of regrowth before spending such a vast amount of money.

Also checking the online store I noticed there isn't a drop down list for countries other than Canada despite it mentioning worldwide, is this some error on the webmasters behalf or is it a fact, aside from that it seems there are no alternative methods of payment aside from some form of plastic (Visa, mastercard, American Express Cards etc)... so I take it no money orders?
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:17 am

[quote="Fizzball"]interesting device however it is extremely expensive for such a small devicequote]

That's an understatement!!! I think there will be lots of people who are willing to buy that product if it really works but simply cannot afford this......esspecially people with a family. My collegues would love that device, but would be far out of their budget even I know they earn good money.
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:22 am

What you guys think of the pictures on the website? I think they suck

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:16 am

The point I was trying to make was that considering the price of the device there needs to be some sort of hard evidence to suggest actual hair growth to a satisfactory cosmetic level... meaning that we are not just talking about one or two small hairs sprouting from our heads.

If I came along and claimed to everyone that I could teleport using a revolutionary key chain device which would cost $900+ dollars would you buy it?
Keeping in mind that I have not specified the range or reliability of said device nor have I given you any valid evidence of its functionality and results... no I doubt you would.

As i said earlier this device is interesting, I would love to see some good trials of this device and see some results from some of our local forum members before taking the plunge and coughing up $900+

I find this claim pretty startling... 30 days and the results are amazing maybe too amazing, time will tell I guess.

If this thing does work I think a helm design would be the icing on the cake, lets face it no one wants to hold their arm up for a constant 15 minutes, its not laziness just damn painful and uncomfortable.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:35 am

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure this works on the same merits as a "Violet Ray". The glass tubes look too familiar. If that is the case you can buy an antique violet ray for 1/9th the price.

Also not sure how much this gentleman will know about the device and technology itself as I am now assuming that he is just one of the wholesalers. Hence the link with the referral code. Still he could make a big splash here if he eats the cost of one of the devices and lets one user use it for free for say 6 months. If it works he'll mop up here.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Maybe TWO users ... one male and one female ...? :wink:

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Post by cuebreeze » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:52 pm

'If it works'....... If it truly does work than i dont see why he wouldnt offer it to someone on a large hairloss forum considering he says they are making them for hairloss now.

Also if his a wholesaler of this product than wouldnt he go to the effort of learning about the device?

I can see why everyone is trying to be nice from other threads that have come and gone but seriously just from the posts i think it looks like total bs.

How can someone be so confident about something they know nothing about?!

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 pm

firstly although i am interested, most of those pictures after 750 minutes (watever that means, about 50 uses) arent any better than pictures from helmet users. some of them are alot worse.

and any company that bothers to put pictures up after just 30 days , is dishonest in my opinion.

- because they are expecting us to just assume that theres hair regrowth because of thickness or watever, and becaause they gave us the picture, even though its extremely unlikely, for anything to cause any regrpowth in 30 dyas.

- because instead of showing us the regrowth in a close up, OR saying theres no regrowth yet, but the hair is already healthier or something, they just show us the picture and let us speculate.

- and that picture is bloody well combed different.

and well im getting pissed off, where the freaking hell has steve from scalpure ran off to? bahamas? lol

the website says theyve never seen minoxidil, finasteride, lasers etc ever work for anyone????
wtf? perhaps its because they have absolutely no experience with hairloss sufferers, because after a long and expensive search for natural things that do work, during which i have lost alot more hair, and regrown fields of vellis that never seem to grow any bigger, (and the more i think about, i seem to be growing back hair, just not in the same cycle, and still miniturizing) i havent found anything really, and im left just wishing i had of gone on finasteride all this time.

dont get me wrong im totally against it, but i already have taken it for 10 months yrs ago, with no sides, but gave up because i freaked out over the stuff i read. and im starting to realise, that u really need to accept the disadvantages with the advantages, that is, side effects with regrowth.

i dont see this product to be any different to lasers, etg (electro tricho genisis, or electro static pulse), or any of these magic wand type electris devices. They all regrow moderate amounts of hair, they all require to be used for life, and they all provide extra stimulation that grows hair, but that hair will fall out again as soon as that stimulation is stopped.