@Elsom Topical Users

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

@Elsom Topical Users

Post by perga » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:27 pm

So, based on my 2.5 month observations, I am extremely pleased with my progress thus far on Nanoscalp, Juveline, and ScalpExtreme. I REALLY hope things continue to progress in a positive direction.

My question for my fellow elsom users is... what products have you seen the most results from? I would like to give Terminal 1 & 2 a try after this, but I am scared to change my regimen at all. I feel like I should really get all I can from the current line up before I change anything.

Thoughts? Comments?

Also, did any of you give that Deline green that came as a free sample recently a try? %&$! is AWESOME, the bags under my eyes are completely gone.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: @Elsom Topical Users

Post by Jacob » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:47 pm

I would have to say..for me...Terminal 1 & 2. And yeah..it's hard to decide whether to even just add something(s) when things are going well. When I do..I always slowly add and/or delete things, rather than just applying something every day right away, or dropping something right away.

I don't know if you got their latest sample..of EquiDerm :
Ingredients in EquiDerm™’s highly-concentrated formulation include:

* Nanosomes™
* U-Fucoidan [U-Fn]
* raspberry ketone
* ascorbyl palmitate
* mowrah butter [Madhuca latifolia]
* benzoin extract [Styrax benzoin]
* pink grapefruit oil [Citrus paradisi]
http://nanosomin.com/news/

I'll probably use mine on my scalp.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Hey guys,

can you guys go into more detail on your results so far? how convenient are the products to use?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:25 am

The products are convenient to use..some do have smell issues though, especially if you overdo it.

On Terminal 1 & 2 I've seen regrowth and a bunch of baby hairs growing up. I added Lamas' topical after T1&2 as well.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:25 am

jacob I actually think your topical regime is one the best topical regimes Ive seen.

if i were me the only thin I would add topically is a shampoo that works on inflammation.

Regards
Pete

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:27 am

Jacob,

regarding terminal 1 & 2 and use in the morning; doe this product dry quickly so that you can style your hair or is it oily?

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:21 pm

All the Elsoms are too oily to wear outside in my opinion.

I'm not sure about the Lamas. Would that be wearable during the day Jacob? I'd like to eventually replace super zix II with something else.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:41 pm

Pete..I think some of the 'poos I use do work on inflammation..but no, they don't contain keto or PO etc.

SW2..I use Terminal 1 & 2 in the evenings, because like Perga said, they're not the best for daytime use, although I have used some of their topicals during the day. You just have to use 'em more sparingly, rub 'em in good- for a couple of minutes at least. NanoScalp was one I used during the day.

Perga..I'm using the Lamas topical during the day..no complaints. Well..I wish it spread around like Elsom's..but it smells good and doesn't leave anything noticeable on the scalp.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:04 pm

Jacob wrote:Pete..I think some of the 'poos I use do work on inflammation..but no, they don't contain keto or PO etc.
Currently I'm using DS Labs Revita which has Ketonconazole in it as well as other great stuff. A few reviewers here: http://www.groominglounge.com/ds-rev.html said that they're seeing results so I hope I do as well.
Also, I'm using the Lamas Shampoo but I can't afford any topicals atm, but am looking forward to adding NanoS, Juveline and ScalpE soon. (been on the Shampoos only a week now, hair 'feels' great)
Will let others know if I get any results fron the Shampoos in the next few months before I add the topicals.
Thanks guys for the encouraging reports on the Elsom Topicals.

Best wishes fellas,

Justin.

thSman
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by thSman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:10 pm

perga wrote:So, based on my 2.5 month observations, I am extremely pleased with my progress thus far on Nanoscalp, Juveline, and ScalpExtreme. I REALLY hope things continue to progress in a positive direction.

My question for my fellow elsom users is... what products have you seen the most results from? I would like to give Terminal 1 & 2 a try after this, but I am scared to change my regimen at all. I feel like I should really get all I can from the current line up before I change anything.

Thoughts? Comments?

Also, did any of you give that Deline green that came as a free sample recently a try? %&$! is AWESOME, the bags under my eyes are completely gone.

Whats the approximate cost for these per month mate?

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:06 pm

It ain't cheap haha, but the vials have surprised me at how long they are going to last. The rotation goes like this... Nano, Juve, Xtreme, Juve, Nano, etc... I currently expect 1 bottle of nano + 1 bottle of Xtreme + 2 bottles of Juve to last me 6-7ish months. Total cost on that minus shampoo is (estimating) 350ish... so around 50-60 bucks a month or so.

I am not full on endorsing this stuff yet, because it has only been 2.5 months, but... things are looking positive. I have some pictures on my blog thing on the right which I will update again in a month or two, hopefully there the recovery is obvious, but we shall see.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:57 am

Hey Jacob / Perga..

I need something new in my regime since what i'm using now sure isn't cutting it. Regarding elsom products...

I was thinking of also doing the Juve - Scalp - Juve - Nano combo ... but with the terminal 1 & 2 combo i don't know how to incorporate the terminal 1 & 2 into the rotation. Basically i'd use J - S - J - N in the evenings; but i do style my hair in the mornings so i can't use anything oily like terminal 1 & 2. Thoughts? I do have lots of whispy hairs also, so perhaps just rotating 1 & 2 might work? Jacob, when you say you use 1 & 2 in the evenings do you simply rotate the two each day or do you actually use both every evening when one dries?

Recommendations? thoughts? i do want to order today... how long does it take to ship? i'm in Canada as well...

thanks in advance

SW

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:52 am

I just use one product at a time. Currently it's 2 nights in a row of Terminal 1..then the next night Terminal 2..the next night ScalpXtreme...then back to Terminal 1. If there were more nights in a week I'd be using more topicals :D I'd like to add some new things..like Dermaheal..but currently can't work it in. I'm nearly out of 1&2 so I may slowly ease off and take a break from it and use the Dermheal...probably slowly add it into my regimen. Or just use 1&2 once a week each or ?

Hopefully some Canadian customer can give the time-line on shipping...

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks for your input Jacob, as always! I've been using dermaheal for about 2 months now and i'm not getting much for results. I have added Suprabio to my regime and that has actually reduced shedding already to about 30-40 hairs a day. I'm hoping Terminal 1 & 2 used as scheduled (depending on how the formula dries, and whether or not i can style my hair in the AM) and possibly a light topical in the evening for a few hours before i shower will work. For a topical, i'm going to be using what i have left of my Dermaheal and then wait for the HairGen trial to begin (mid-oct) and incorporate that. On the supplement side of things, i should be starting my 2 week on/ 2 week off routine of astral fruit and resveratrol/curcumin as well as maintaining my tocotrienols/pherols.

I've been using Scalpure for about 7 weeks and can't report anything great about the product just yet. In terms of regrowth and or hair condition, it seems normal if not thinner due to some shedding. What i do like about the product tho, is it does do one thing well - and that's clean the scalp. Similar to other users i am getting more sore when lasering 2-3x a week on days that i clay as well.

Any recommendations or thoughts on my planned regime and/or elsom products? I'm curious why you're thinking of quitting T1&2 if you're getting good results so far...? What are you're results so far?

I do realize i am trying several different things... the idea is to get regrowth and stabilization before i start to narrow down which products aren't working.

thanks,

SW2

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:20 pm

I think what you have planned looks good. There are so many things one could try these days..I personally hate making suggestions :!:

The only reason I'd stop T1&2 is because like everything else- I like to take a break from things or at least use 'em less frequently..rotate things differently..etc. If I weren't going to try anything else I'd just stick with them...and I may do that in the end. I may just wait for the Dermatopoietin product to come out too...although I'd still like to try Dermaheal for a bit.

I've seen a bit more regrowth on T1&2 than anything else I've ever used. Or at least since I started using them. I did a few weeks after starting add the Lamas product. Kept using the ScalpXtreme..etc.

OMGmyhair
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Lasers.
Minoxidil w/ Saw Palmetto 2x
Nizoral
Bentonite Clay

Post by OMGmyhair » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:19 am

Hey guys.

Just got my T1 & T2 in the mail.

Elsom specifically says "use on a clean scalp" and "do not mix with any other topicals".

Will it cause an issue if I apply "Couvre" or "Toppik"?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:44 am

I wouldn't think it'd be a problem if you apply a topical first and wait 10 mins or so before applying something like Toppik. I personally apply them at night.

hopeful19
Regular Poster

Post by hopeful19 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:00 am

Jacob wrote:I think what you have planned looks good. There are so many things one could try these days..I personally hate making suggestions :!:

The only reason I'd stop T1&2 is because like everything else- I like to take a break from things or at least use 'em less frequently..rotate things differently..etc. If I weren't going to try anything else I'd just stick with them...and I may do that in the end. I may just wait for the Dermatopoietin product to come out too...although I'd still like to try Dermaheal for a bit.

I've seen a bit more regrowth on T1&2 than anything else I've ever used. Or at least since I started using them. I did a few weeks after starting add the Lamas product. Kept using the ScalpXtreme..etc.
Jacob - Looking back, do you still stand by saying that T1 and T2 provided significant regrowth moreso than anything else you have used.

With the topicals you were using at the time, how did you manage to incorporate T1 and T2 into your regimen as the scheduled use is quite hectic?
Did you use it every day?
Do you feel that occasionally using T1 and T2 can provide results?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:02 am

1. Yes
2. I just used one of those products each evening. Then I ended up sneaking in ScalpXtreme like every third evening. Mornings I use(and did start while using T1&2) Lamas' topical.
3. See 2...yes.
4. My guess is it's best to use them consistently..at least for a couple of months or so.

I'll be adding them to my regimen again soon btw.

hopeful19
Regular Poster

Post by hopeful19 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:12 am

Thanks Jacob

Aside from T1 & T2, what other Elsom product has given you the best results?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:29 am

I would probably say Juveline. NanoFibrin is one product I wouldn't do w/out..but giving it credit for any results/regrowth is a bit tough.

j872
Regular Poster

Post by j872 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:25 am

A problem I have with scalpXtreme is that is contains both caffeine and adenosine-alpha-keto-glutarate. Unless I'm mistaken, caffeine inhibits adenosine and negates the effect. I'm not familiar with the other ingredients, is ferulic acid better than topical white curcumin?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:00 am

j872..shoot them an email regarding your concerns. They always respond to questions...